Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies born September 2007 #30

Pregpan, I love your Pregagainpan idea too! it all happens just when you want it to! Yes I'll hold you to your promise of a coffee sometime! You have been so busy, I don't know how you do it all. As you know I gave up trying to be superwoman back in April LOL. Poor Noah, can't believe he's unwell again. Sherie's idea of some good probiotics is very sound.

Hayley, yep I'm nervous about eggs too. I'm going to hold off for another month or two before we do yolks (only so that I can do fritters and custards) then won't do whites until a bit after that (we should be past 12 mths by then). No need to do it before then if you don't want to, as I understand. I'm only just starting to eat the occasional peanut myself, and I haven't had any seafood either. Nervous Nelly LOL! Congrats on the HD , they are not handed out easily at uni!!

JaZaHMum - LOL - That's a good one. I think you and I could quite happily natter on about our kids and the telly, nothing boring about that ! Yay for 9 month old Hanny!

My name - contrary to popular belief - is a marriage of my and DH's middle names. I like it cos it's kinda like one of those funny american doublebarrelled names like SallyJean or SueEllen LOL!

Arte, wow you have cool pet names! My pet name combo would have to be PussyFluff LOL After Puss (whose real name is Sappho) and Boston FluffyChops. PMSL I wonder if the mods would let me have that one! E was really unsettled this afternoon and flat refused to go down for her late arvo sleep. DH put her to bed for the night early so she will be waking up thirsty, soon, I think!

Cally, you can either add some extra yolk or you can add some cornflour (15ml per egg) and a bit of extra water too. That's for recipes where you use the yolk to bind, or in custards, etc.

Noni - I was thinking about you today cos my little neice has an ear infection but was complaining about a sore throat and I wondered if your sore throat/tongue got better?

ETA - Clare I have PMed you!
    Last edited by AnyDream; May 29th, 2008 at 09:26 PM.

hiya md - speaking of telly, did you watch the hypnotist on big brother tonight? I had Hannah asleep on me, and i was having a good old laugh. I was sure i was going to wake her.

No, but I've got it on tape. Can't wait to watch it! LOL

Cally, I have always wondered if Cally was your real name, I like it. I really want to go to the Kimberly area, hopefully we will be in Brisbane for a wedding in March next year and we might take a couple of weeks to go up there.

MD, LMAO at PussyFluff, I don't think that would get past the mods. Although I have seen someone with the name titti posting.

W went to bed last night and slept for 3 straight hours before he woke! Not sure what the go is, but he has been sleeping for slightly longer blocks (sometimes 2 or 3 hours) the past couple of weeks. I am wondering if it is connected to leaving him a bit at playcentre - instead of being right next to him all the time I have been moving across the room and watching from further away. Maybe he is feeling more secure?

What would you consider to be walking?

Jazmum - I watched the hypnotist on BB too, how funny were the boys 'giving birth'!! I have to wonder though, how is it possible to be hypnotised, are they just acting?

MD - I am a nervous nelly BIG time when it comes to Maddie lol. I often have people telling me to stress less. When I was pregnant I was shocking! I like your idea of the pikelets and fritters, but I think we'll be waiting another couple of months too. LMAO @ pussyfluff!! I always thought that your name is Mary!

Cally - I always wondered if Cally was your name too. Its a pretty name.

hi everyone
    it's quiet in here today.
    arte - i would say walking is balancing without holding on to anything and moving a foot or feet forward. Great that you are getting bigger blocks of sleep - it could have something to do with him feeling a little more secure. Did you mention recently that he is eating more solids lately too?

hayley - re bb - i don't think Dixie was hypnotised. She looked like she was just acting. they did say though that they knew what they were doing, but didn't really have any control over it.

my mummy was just on the radio talking about Palliative Care. I was crying while i was listening to her - i'm such a proud daughter. (and still a sooky la la lol.)

i found a good website yesterday with lots of suggestions for giving solids and when to start certain foods. it's wholesomebabyfood.

Hi everyone,

Re BB last night, DH and I saw Peter Powers live one year and he hypnotised a friend of DH's he said it is real. He said you know what your doing and you think to yourself that its stupid and you wont do it but you cant stop yourself. My uncle has also been hypnotised and said the same thing. I loved the boys modelling last night, I was in fits of giggles.

Jazmum lol at you being a sooky la la, arent all us ladies.

Argh got to go Logan is pulling everything off my desk. BBL

hi everyone
    sherie and md - i have just been out and bought probiotics for N and for DH and I - I just got inner health, will see how that goes and then get in liven down the track maybe - DH was a bit of a scpetic so I am happy i got him to agree to give N this! I hope it helps him the poor little thing i dont want him to get more gastro! he seems to be a lot better today, so fingers crossed wehave it under control (esp as DH goes away tomorrow for 12 days!! :-( )
    MD and Clare (and Cally if you are here) I would love to meet up - pls tell me what the plan is!!!
    Jaz - I have been on thatwebsite too - greatisnt it! how is chloe today? i had worked out your name and was wondering if you should chg it to JaZaHmum LOL!!!
    I have been loving finding out the names - Cally I always thought Cally was your (beautiful) real name!! and MD until you tole meotherwise I thought MD was yours as well and that you had one of those American funny names LOL!!!
    With the weleda powder, the homeopath i boiught it frpm told me that it sometimes is more effective if you mix it up as it says and massage/rub it into the gums. i do this and it is great - i usually then get him to livk the spoon i have mixed it with too... or chew on it. it has been good for us, esp with more the low level teething pain. i hope it works for all of you.
    Hayley WTG WTG WTG on the HD. amazing!\
    hi to everyonei have missed - meant to be catching up on someof the work i missed when looking after N on wed so a bit naughty to be on here AGAIN!!

hey everyone
    feeling a little sainer lately because asha is sleeping better as well as having a snooze in the morning with me after her bottle so i think the teething has settled for now
    nappies are going well still loving cloth and ashas rash is pretty much under controll now sometimes it still flares up we are still playing with bath washes etc to go on her newly sensitive skin poor possum..
    jazmum - yep i was watching bb and i too thought it was hilarious!!!
    haley - i think you could see the different levels that they were actually hypnotoised if that makes sence.. like in the giving birth part you could see rory was really trying his best to hold back and not do it but he was still to some degree participating like he didnt want to lol.. some of the housemates werent in it too so i assume they werent easily hypnotised? WTG on the distinction woooohoooo s=what a smarty pants!!
    arte - glad w is sleeping a bit longer could be more secere or it also could be that he is more tired after all his playing alone? we did our painting inside eeek lol on a messy mat i got from the junky shop for 2 bucks we had the same problem we didnt paint for long because she was trying to put everything in her mouth as well as crawling in it lol
    pregagainpan????? did i miss something there?
    md - i went to the gps up the road at the medical centre and they told me nothing was wrong with my ear etc but it s till hurts so i might have to go to my actual dr on the weekend..
    katie - we have a friend whos been on his show and said the same thing..
    cally - asha has 2-3 sleeps i dont worry about it just let her sleep when she feels like it otherwise i pay for it!!!
    cassius - glad leila had a good time at kindy
    sorry if i missed anyone i am trying my best to keep up lol
    as for the screen names my name is very inventively my actual name lol noni e insert last name lol yes my middle name is just the letter lol i dnt know why i bother not putting my last name dnt think anyones parents were crazy like mine..

noni you def didint miss anything - i was just saying when the time comes i will chg my screen name LOL!

Hi everyone

JaZaH- Thanks for the website tip off- LOL about the two different lots of pumpkin recipes - "pumpkins" and "winter squash" AAAH they are all PUMPKINS you idiots!! LOL Plus they DON'T grow in winter! Anyway it looks good and I'm going to have a good read on there before I do my weekly weekend babyfood cookup!

Well, only saw the first 10 mins of the hypnotism - got up to the bit where Alice was going crazy with the sledge hammer LOL. Some ppl are more suggestible than others and they test that before they put you up on stage.

Noni, are you saying your middle name is just "e" by itself?? That's kind of cool, you know. Did it stand for something when they picked it?

Pregpan, I've got to say that MaryDean does actually suit me quite well which is why I love my nickname...fortunately for me though I wasn't born in the American mid-western bible belt! Will let you know any meet up plans as they evolve!

Hayley, re being a nervous nelly, I was reading about the brain changes that occur in a pregnant woman/new mother and the part of the brain that grows and becomes more active is the bit that controls how alert you are. (Prolly why you can't sleep when you're pregnant). This is very useful biologically in protecting our offspring (that's why mothers always jump up to respond to the kids before the fathers do) but unfortunately it can also get out of hand if you're prone to anxiety, it can make you 'hypervigilant' which is where you're too alert for danger (even when there isn't any in the environment). Anyway I find it helps knowing this cos I'm not so hard on myself for being nervous. It does wear off over time too.

Arte, I soo hope W is turning a corner with his sleep. Maybe he's feeling more secure but also it could be that his sleep patterns are maturing a bit too. that this is the beginning of a gradual big improvement.

lol yes md my middle name is just the letter e lol my mum says my parents both had grandmothers with names starting with e from what i understand and they didnt like either name though when i ask my dad about it he says i can thank my mother for that one so i actually dont know where it came from?? maybe thats what they were on when i was concieved lol i was an accident to who knows!!

noni - you're hilarious. I like it though. Was thinking you could start your own clothing line, but then Noni B might take you to court on that one lol.

md - re the pumpkins - it's only recently that i worked out they are the same thing lol.

Noni - LOL so I take it 'e' stands for a compromise?! I still think it's kinda cool. You could have all sorts of fun telling people funny things it might stand for and they would probably believe you PMSL!

Jazah - Sorry I just think it's hilarious but I probably shouldn't since I was brought up eating a vegetable called "trombone" (like the instrument) which later turns out is ....PUMPKIN!! I'm a bit of a pumpkin freak actually and I grow either jap/kent or butternut every year but I'm going to start growing some interesting ones soon, I've got some seeds for 'golden hubbard' which are these huge warty looking things with a really good dry flesh that roasts up beautifully but would be good in scones and desserts too.

marydean - you've got a real green thumb. I wish i was like that in the garden, but i kill plastic plants I would really love to be able to grow a vege patch. Maybe when we win lotto (a bit difficult seeing as though we never fill out an entry) i could hire a gardener to tend to my vege patch. lol.

hi ladies
    been a slaaaacccckkker and reading but not posting...
    just wanted to say...i can't believe md's name is not md!!!!!!
    i mean, i figured pregpan wasn't really named pregpan...
    and i had a feeling arte wasn't really arte...
    but marydean will always be marydean in my mind!!!!

can't remember much of what i've read....sorry!!
    sherie- i think you were asking me about lewis in the ergo?? well i put him in it for hours and his weight is fine. no doubt soon i will need to work out how to put him on my back but really, i couldn't recommend the ergo more highly. it's been a life saver for me. lewis is sooo heavy to carry now. i'll have to weigh him and see how much he is atm.

Sherie? Are you there? Hope everything is o.k.

It is cool reading about everyones names, Noni that it crazy just having a letter for a middle name!

Well, seems things are definately improving, W slept for 3 sleep cycles this morning without waking once. Usually I have to go in every 50 minutes like clockwork to help him back to sleep. Hoping that this trend continues.

I think that it is official now - William is walking. If I leave him standing and sit in front of him he can take slow but steady steps to me. He has been taking little steps before but they were always unsteady and he tipped to the side quickly. Now they are planned and balanced and he can do 4-5 at a time. He is very proud of himself.

Just a quick post, I am off to diner with a girl friend and need to get ready.

Arte woo hoo on W walking, thats so awesome.

Gracie did you see the winners of the bonds search? Lewis is way cuter. I have just entered Logan in the peoples choice awards. There is 268 pages though with a bout 8 photos per page.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast