Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #32

afternoon everyone
    MM - How is Maddie today? Hannah is all stuffed up too at the moment. I took her to the doctors on Friday afternoon but her chest and throat were clear.One ear was slightly red, so she gave me a script for some AB's - if she isn't any better by Tuesday, I might give them to her. The Doc said that if we notice her stomach area really sucking in when she is breathing - to take her straight back. How is M's breathing?
    Yay on the new hair style. You'll have to show us a pic.

Sherie - that makes my day sound sooo boring!!!!! You go girl!

md - Why do girls have to be so *****y??!!! Have you got a bruise where DH punched you? I'd be milking that one for all it's worth.lol

arte - that is so good that W eats whatever you're having. I'm starting to get a little more adventurous in what i give H now. We were all having sausage in bread at Bunnings yesterday and she was trying to get out of her seat to get some - so we gave her a bit of sausage and she seemed to love it. We had pancakes for breaky today and she had 2 of those.

Have you got a bruise where DH punched you? I'd be milking that one for all it's worth.lol
    Well he keeps saying how bad he feels and how sorry he is and I'm, like, "Say it with flowers!" aaaaah haven't had a posy since E was born so it might break the drought. Hip/back still hurts (no bruise, he's just knocked it crooked again) so I'll hop into a hot bath tonight and do some extra stretches. Gah! I'd only just stopped seeing the physio too cos it was so much more stable but I also fell over about 10 days ago (scary moment) and it's the combination of both that's done it.

Sherie - OMG at having to haul the sheep around - I love it when you give us glimpses of life in the country cos you work so hard and all us suburb-dwellers forget how hard it is out there! Hope Mt Washington is starting to shrink just a little.

ETA - it's R and H's birthday on the 18th - trust me to score two Geminis!! LOL @ P wanting a dozer for her Bday!

JaZaH - Gee H is going really well with the solid food isn't she. Mmmm pancakes! What a great idea. I used to do pikelets all the time for my H, except E is such a little piggy she'd just hoof too much in at once. I'm trying to teach her to have little mouthfuls LOL.
    Last edited by AnyDream; June 15th, 2008 at 03:33 PM.

hi everyone!!! sorry I have been MIA - it has been CRAZY around my house and i have been popping in to read and never getting time to write. Been busy in here too, with so much going on with all our bubbas!
    MD - lol at the punch - well kind of, you poor thing with the sore hip. milk it is all i can say. the party sounds great and i must say when i hear all these awful storuies of girls at school i am alittle ashamed at some of the antics i used to get up to. i guess it is an age thing...
    sherie - i also love hearing about life on your farm - such a long way from my reality! i love that P wanted a bulldozer for her bday that is gorgeous. you should buy her a tonka one too, so she has her own!
    Hayley - show us your hair!
    Arte - the naan sounds delicious - how did y9ou make it?
    I also make pikelets here and Noah LOVES them. i freeze them seperately and then take one at a time out with me, they make a grear snack for him when we are out and about. i make wholemeal ones so not too bad for him either. we had friends over for brunch this morning (they have a 12 month old) and i made homemade muesli (delicious) and then 2 fruit compotes and also a batch of divine corn fritters. so handy as the babies could eat all but the museli and they wolfed it all down. yum, yum yum! i also made a yummy oat and pear and raspberry loaf that i think N could have eaten, but i think mayeb too much sugar so didnt give to him - but he is well into most of our foods now too, he tries everything.
    N sems to have learnt to point today - so adorable and he cracks up when we point back at him. he has also discovered his penis which is hilarious!!! no signs of crawling etc here yet...
    Renee - i have no advice for you and i am sure it is worrying... i hope someone has advice. if he keeps doing it maybe mention to your nurse or gp? i am sure it is nothing you should worry about but i know it woudl bother me so i woudl ask.
    ok better go, N is having a sleep and i am exhsuted so may have alittle rest myself. no travelling for me or dh this week so i should have time to write more.

You are all more than welcome to come and help me next weekend

Pregpan, LOL at N finding his doodle. I would have brought Paige a tonka one, because Lindsay already has one, but they didn't have them - only these huge John Deere ones (which is a tractor brand) so that will do just nicely. I think she wanted it because when they are out in the sandpit or the dirt, she likes to make the roads, but Lindsay is a bit pedantic about it so he makes them so I think she wanted one so she could make the roads and not have him take it off her LOL.

I have nearly done all the washing, but it wont dry now so I will hang it all and leave it overnight.

Hi everyone,
    Gracie: as a member of the ?new crew? I?m still here. I seem to be much better reading than posting. Everything moves so quickly on here I don?t know how you all keep up.
    Noni: good luck with house application. I hope you?ve managed to catch up on a few zzzz?s as well.
    MD: Sorry to hear of the late night fisticuffs.... I?m sure a hot bath will do wonders for your hip. Wasn?t there a show on Oprah the other week about what some people do in their sleep? Hope the party goes well.
    Hayley: how is Maddie? It?s horrible to see them unwell but I?m sure the extra TLC you are giving her is making a big difference. Look forward to seeing your new hairdo. I would love a really short and easy hairdo like Pink as well but definitely would not suit my face!
    Quick question (maybe Pregpan maybe the cooking guru for this), I was thinking of making some pikelets for Ally to try (sweet and savoury) but all of my recipes have egg. Do I need to find a recipe with no egg?

MD, I have tried weet-bix with a spoon, the dog thought it was fantastic because she got to clean up all the slop on the floor. He just uses a spoon like a slingshot.

Pregpan, W has been playing with his penis too. Every nappy time, every bath time. It is his favourite toy LOL. I really hope he grows out of it, I don't want that kid at kindy with his hands constantly down his pants. I just google for recipes, too lazy to dig through boxes to find my recipe books. How were the IL's? Have they gone again now?

Sherie, bummer your sheep weren't very co-operative. I wouldn't be either if someone was trying to ring my nuts off LMAO! We used to have a dog that would lick the drying nads on the bull calves, it was the happiest moment of his life when a set came off in his mouth - he did victory laps though the house with them.

Will had his first snack from the rubbish bin last night, I left the room for a minute and he crawled to the kitchen, opened the cupboard, tipped the bin over and found some soggy lunch scraps to munch on.

ETA I was talking to my south african neighbours and apparently over there they give babies codiene for pain relief! Makes me feel better about giving W the odd dose of panadol.

ETA again Rachee, you can just use the yolk for pikelets if you are worried about allergies.
    Last edited by Artechim; June 15th, 2008 at 04:17 PM.

LMAO Arte at you not wanting to own the kid with his hands down his pants all the time. I don't want that kid either and luckily I haven't ever seen one belonging to someone else at preschool either. Alister loves the bin too and I have caught him putting stuff in his mouth that he's fished out of it.

Rachee, it's hard to keep up sometimes, I might have a few days where I only post a 'yes I"m still alive' and just read for a while.

Yes I'm still alive!!

Just read through but have to go and cook dinner - just wanted to pop on and say MD that the 18th is an AWESOME day to have a birthday!! I'm counting down the sleeps.

hey everyone might just say the yes i am still alive thing too lol theres way too much to catch up on!!!
    got a call from the real estate agent yesterday with a few questions from the owner so i atleast know we are being considered.. fingers crossed n will let u know..

Pregpan, puhlease can I have your oat and pear and raspberry loaf recipe? I've been after a pear and raspberry recipe for a while but it would be extra good with the oats, I think!

Lil Rach, I'm glad to see you're an avid consumer of quality daytime programming too LOL! I saw bits of the sleep one, I turned it off after the ppl who ate in their sleep, it was just too bizarre.

Noni, I've got fingers and toesies crossed for you hun! Might be your lucky week !

PS re the pikelets, it depends if you're holding off on introducing egg or not. We haven't yet but will probably start with some yolks in about a month's time (10 m.o) - but lots of ladies have already done eggs with no probs so it's up to you. Maybe start with just yolks (use two instead of a whole egg) and see how it goes?

*sneaks in and hides at the back*
    Hi ladies
    It is hard to join a new thread and when we moved house i kind of lost track. But seeings as DD was born the 28/9 i am going to try and join back in!
    It is sometimes hard in the October babies thread, because L is almost the oldest, up to 5 weeks older than the youngest. I thought we'd come and mix with kids our own age too.

So hope you don't mind.......

I'll come back later and read up on the goings on.

Hi Girls! sorry that i have been MIA...i was meant to be visiting wollongong and going to canberra all this weekend and last week...well, let's just say that the gastro bug hit our house like a truck! lorenzo went to a conference last monday and brought the dreaded thing back. not impressed. so today is the first day that i feel back to normal. luckily leila avoided it.

hmmm. i have missed too many posts to reply to them all ...

MM: sorry to hear maddie is sick. poor bub, it really knocks em about. if only they could blow their noses!

MD: yep, those dreams are intense! my mum still remembers when she went camping with her friends and one of them had a white-water rafting dream. they all had the bruises to prove it LOL!!

Falguni: welcome welcome welcome! yeah, IKWYM about the age difference. at this stage it can make such a huge difference! in my mums group here there are bubs that are 5 months younger and we are just at different places IYKWIM...

Sherie: man, i am exhausted just from lugging myself outta bed, let alone hauling p***ed off sheep around the country LOL! way to go girl! wow, you must be so fit (note the tone of envy...hmmm where's my choccy biccy at??!! LOL!)

Noni: woo hoo! at least there's progress on the house front! got my fingers and toes crossed!

Pregpan: here here, we need the pikelet recipe! i am feeling all martha stewart (minus the jailtime) and need to go with it and get in the kitchen. i bought the WW baby and toddler edition cookbook and it has me all inspired. especially the tofu and vege burgers....leila went beserko over them!

Arte: yeah we have also started on the meals together...how do you tackle the salt and chilli issues though? ATM i am just adding our salt and chilli after...tonight was tuna mornay...mmmm tasty goodness LOL!

anwway best dash and entertain guests, yes, i have hidden myself away for a few minutes...my bad!

hello ladies

lewis has been sleeping so much i don't know what to do with myself. he woke up at 7.30am, slept from 9.30-11.30, slept from 3.00-5.00 and then has been back in bed since 7pm!! i'm really bored and it makes me look really bad cos it's the one day of the week that dp is at home and now he thinks i'm just lazy everyday!!

lewis has alos done 3 poos today. do you think there's something going on with him? i don't know...

did you girls get the toys r us catalogue? there looks like some great bargains in there. my dad is thinking of buying a car seat for lewis so he can help me out a bit more. there's 2 in the catalogue that go up to 18kgs. is it worth buying that still for lewis or will he be out of it too soon?

clare- gastro sounds bad. how awful for you all

ange- hello there. you'll love it in here. it's so great that the babies are so close in age and you can see where everyone is at. lewis is actually a bit younger (he was born in Oct) but i love it in here.

noni- fingers crossed for the house

arte- lmao at will the bin scab!! lewis has taken to putting the dog's foot in his mouth. he literally picks it up when she's lying down and puts it in his mouth.

rachee- hi again, just jump in when you can. it is hard to keep up though isn't it?

pregpan- i want your recipe too sounds delish! i'm still waiting for your cookbook to come out
    lewis loves his penis. he grabs it as soon as you take his nappy off and taps it when he's sitting in the bath. my friend who has a dd the same age laughs her head off everytime we change them together after swimming. it's a crack up

jaz- i'm a vego and i had a bite of one of those bunnings sausages one day when i was pg cos it smelt so good...now i hate the smell again lmao

md- i can't believe you're getting beaten up in your sleep. that is so wrong!!! maybe tonight you should accidently draw all over his face in permanent marker in your sleep.

sherie- hello

Wahhh my poor bubs is still sick. We keep taking her temp but it isnt high. Its so hard when they are sick!! She slept through last night, but was quite unsettled (but didnt wake) and just coughed heaps. It was me who didnt sleep as I was constantly checking on her. So we have the vapouriser on tonight but as I type I can hear her coughing away. Is there anything else I can do?

Gracie - Isnt that funny I'm not a fan of red meat either, but while pregnant I often craved a bunnings hot dog too! I never did end up eating one though, just couldnt bring myself to do it. Re the sleeps, maybe Lewis is just having a growth spurt? LMAO at your suggestion to MD to accidently draw on her DH's face in perm marker!

Clare - Haha had to laugh at you hiding yourself away on bellybelly while you have guests.

Falguni - Welcome.

MD - I remember how mean us girls can be from primary school! Its terrible isnt it! Whoa I'd be punching back lol.

Noni - Hope you get the house!!!!!!!! Sounds promising so far.

Trillian - You are braver than me thats for sure. No way I'd be holding onto a scary sheepie!

Arte - What kind of family meals do you make that you can use with Will too? I am lacking ideas!

Pregpan - YUMO! Did you get the museli & fruit compotes from AK book? I have been meaning to make AK's zucchini fritters for about a week now. Have you tried them?

Lil Rachee - I am planning on introducing Maddie to egg in pikelets, but if you arent ready for that yet you can use the yolks I think? Sorry not much help!!

Jazmum - Sorry to hear about Hannah, hope the AB's work. Maddie's breathing seems to be ok, she just coughs and coughs. I will watch her tummy like your doc suggested. Gosh I feel so bad, I should have taken her to the doc last Friday. Now I have to work tomorrow, my mum is coming to babysit as I cant send her to care like this. I feel SO guilty but if I dont work tomorrow its two weeks of low pay due to having last Mon off. If I miss even one day the daycare works out to cost more than I earn. However if she doesnt seem to have improved by tomorrow too bad I will take the day off so we can go to the doctors!

I will try to post a pic of my new hair this week, I havent taken any yet and I'm looking pretty feral at the moment!

Hayley, if its viral there isn't anything they can do for her other than keep her as comfortable as you can, keep her fluids up and use panadol and vicks etc when you need it. If it is an infection/bronchiolitis they can at least give you some abs for it.

Gracie, I would get the car seat, he will still be in it for ages yet because once he's a toddler his weight will slow down dramatically - they only put on 1-2kg a year from around 12mths onwards (although some kids will put on more/less etc). Plus he will have it for when the next grandbaby comes along too

Cally, do you have any plans for Wednesday then?

Clare, I am not fit at all. I don't help out nearly as much as I used to with the sheep. IKHYF about the tummy bug - it ripped through here last week too. Good thing Leila didn't get it.

Ange, great to see you pop in! How is L going?

Noni, fingers crossed that this is "THE ONE" and you don't hve to look for a new place anymore.

hey everyone
    thanks for all the finger crossing surely with that many fingers crossed we must get it?? lol hoping to hear something today... i hate the whole process so much because i feel so anxious the whole time i just cant relax sitting round thinking will we or wont we get a house this time...
    ughh asha and i still have the flue.. i think asha is mostly better though u can still kinda hear it in her voice.. no wake ups till 6am today which helps me but i do admit the last two days in a row i have given her dimetap and nurofen before bed because the two nights before that she was up most the night screaming.. will see how she goes today and maybe we can go without it..
    have to take her to the gp today anyway because she has what looks like staff in her nappy rash.. just a very mild case but after what happened to my friends bub i wanna catch it early if thats what it is and avoid the hospital stay at all costs!!
    haley - hope maddie gets better asap
    gracie - ohhh dont you hate it when that happens you think oh finally i have some help with bub and then they are a perfect angel and you look like youv exagerated what youve been telling them
    cassius - wow gastro eek lucky leila didnt catch it too.. glad you feel back to normal too..
    falguni - ofc we dont mind!! welcome back
    hi to everyone else might go n have some breakfast seems to help when i eat something, dosnt help the nerves though grrrr..

morning everyone...
    ange good to see you, tell us all about your littly!! and yourself of course. look fwd to getting to know you!
    clare - was wondering where you were, and also hoping you would be in canb soon so we could all catch up! i am so sorry you guys had the gastro, but thank goodness leila escaped it - i was just thinking last night how good it isnoah has been over it for a while now, it was so awful. are you and lorenzo back to normal now? LOL at escaping the guests!!! i sometimes 'check my work email' when ppl are here... and really i am seeing what you guys havebeen up to!!
    Noni - fingers crosed for the house - let us know!
    Sherie - oops i think i thought you biught a bulldozer (a rreal one) for the farm for P's bday!! ha ha! iw as thinking she at least needed something to play with and her own would be a good idea!!! L wont be able to tell her what to do now she will have her own! that's GREAT!
    MM - hope M feels better soon. Dr told us to raise one end of N's cot when he is sniffly so the phlegm doesnt run down their throat as much. i did that this week as N has been sniffly and it has helped. BTW what brand of vaporisers do you guys have - we have one but it doesnt do much so we are looking for a new one.
    ok so abasic download of the outlaws visit - well it went well and i enjoyed their company EXCEPT FLI spilt coffee all over N (and then baged his head into a window)!!! I was furious as i had been warning him. we were at a cafe (while DH was at work) and FIL was holding N. coffees arive i tell him to put N back in pram or push coffee away and we will takeit in turns.. i get the 'he's fine' line. i insist but he does nothing and proceeds to drink the coffee while holding N. Puts coffee down and N of course leans straight over and tips it. whole cup everywhere includingover N. luckily it had cooled down a bit so he was not scalded but i was furious. N started crying and so I had my arms out to hold him - FILkept hold of him!!! then he was olding him near the window (which N loves) to calm him down i told himto watch out and make some distance as N will not know it is a window and will bang head... 'he's fine!' - and then BANG!!! poor little man has a little bruise!!! his first!! i was unimprssed!! they never mentioned it to DH.... of course i did, he had an sms about that before we even paid the bill LOL!!! as did my SIL!! ha ha!! oh there are so many other stories. i cooked a great meal on wed night (after work) for them - a rack of lamb, garlic mash, roast tomatoes and then blintzes for dessert (trad jewish desert) and the compkiment at the end of the night 'thanks for filling our bellies!!' WTF!!! then MIL on phone to her sister says 'we had a great day with Noah and DH!' Ummm, where was I???!!!! DH was at work!!! there, vent over! ia m actually really clsoe with them but they p*ss me off so much at times and lets face it i was looking for probs this time as i didnt want them to come!!
    Umm recipes - for pikelets i use egg in them, 1 for the whole recipe so for us it is a good way to intro them slowly. I make them with 1 cup wholemeal flour, 1 tsp baking pwdr, 1.5 tbsp raw sugar (i sometimes just put fruit puree in instead of sugar), 1/3 cup milk and 1 egg. sift dry ingredients, whisk in wet ingredients and cook in medium hot pan. yummo. N loves them. i freeze them seperately and then can take one out and pop in handbag when go out, they defrost quickly and well.
    the pear, oat and rasp loaf is from bill granger...
    topping - make like crumble using 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tbl plain flour and 25g butter
    cake - 1 cup rolled oats (soak in 1 1/2 cups boiling water), 150g unsalted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup caster sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp nat vanilla, pinch salt, tsp baking powder, 2 ripe pears peled cored and chopped, 1/2 cup raspberries (i used frozen)

Make cake by placing oats in bowl and pouring over water, stir well and leave til luke warm. cream butter and sugars in bowl til light and creamy. add eggs beating in b/n each one. mix in vanilla. sift in dry ingredients and the drain any excess water off oats (there wont be much) and add. fold to combine. Spread 2/3 mix into loaf pan, sprinkle with pears and raspberries and then add the rest of the batter. sprinkle evenly with topping. Bake 180 deg for 70 mins or until skewer comes out clean. turn onto a plate and quickly turn other way on wire rack to cool with topping facing up. serve warm with butter.
    the corn fritters were also a bill granger recipe and the fruit compote i made up. I think someones asked if they were annabel karmel? good idea as the muesli i made was not baby friendly so poor N missed out (and was not happy about that)!! i dint think i have a baby muesli recipe so if anyone hasone - pls share!!!

Fruity baby muesli (From AK) 30g rolled oats, 30g toasted wheatgerm, 1 dried apricto ro pear chopped, 1 tbsp sultanas, 150mL white grape juice or apple juice, 1/2 red apple peeled and grated, 3 grapes, halved and deseeded.
    Soak oats, wheatgerm, apricot and sulanas in juice overnight. Add apple and grapes in the morning and blend (unless bubs can chew). Makes 2 portions.

Oh dear, it's time for swimming, gotta go!

Will try and do some personals later.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast