Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #33

Well Maddie finally woke up, eyes filled with gunk. The poor thing is so sad, I've been hand washing like crazy and linen/clothing washing in warm water. I've heard its very contagious though so hopefully DP & I can keep away from it. Poor Mads.

Yay Noni I am so happy & excited for you!! Now you can walk around the house nakie whenever you want hehe. Yes moving is fun but there are always dramas attached! I also had a little laugh at your dad backing into the fence sorry lol.

MD - THANKS SO MUCH! I will give MD's sinus headache remedy a go. Bum I've just been at the chemist I should have bought some fess. Hang on I just checked & we have some WOO HO! Thanks MD. I also stocked up on vitamin c & echenacea? tablets, I hate feeling like this. Does your DH make little clips of the girls? I worry because we have so much of Maddie on camera but I havent even uploaded the videos, which I should seeing as if we had a break in the video camera would probably go. I must check out that program thanks for the recommendation.

Leemar - Thanks I got some over the counter stuff, so I'll give that a go along with salt water and camomile tea. If it doesnt improve off to the doc I go!

I'm still alive everyone LMAO. Just so unbelievably busy. Paige's birthday today - my baby girl is 4!!!!!! She loved her bulldozer LOL, now Lindsay is narked because she wont let him play with it and he keeps ranting about it being a stupid idea to get a girl a boy's toy. made this obscenely fiddly Strawberry Shortcake cake to have at preschool today - will post a pic later.

Will be out nearly all weekend too - Auskick and Netball tomorrow morning and then there is an Auskick carnival on Sunday. Then Monday we are off to wagga to pick up Lindsay's new specks.

To all those mummy's with sickly babes, I hope they are all on the mend soon, it near breaks your heart to see them feeling so poorly.

MD just popped on to say I am so silly, why on earth didnt I use the Fess before!? I am already feeling much better all the pressure seems to have eased!

Sherie - Yay Happy bday to Paige! Thats so funny of Lindsay! I cant imagine having a 4 year old....

Happy Birthday to Paige! I would have loved a digger when i was a kid, i always wanted what my brothers had. Can't wait to see s'berry shortcake. Take me back to me childhood.

Lu has developed a rash on her torso. Have stopped AB's and will get it checked in the morning. Man i feel like i live at the freaking Dr's ATM! Wonder if they have frequent flyers?

MM- You seem to be having a bad run too! Hopefully next week is better for us all.

MD- Those bonds suits sound awsome, wish they still had them. Might check out the bonds factory outlet, ya never know.

Hi Girls! am admitting to scanning but not posting!! have been trying to get busy on one of my chapters...12,000 words so far....

MD: yeah i need one of those grippy feet wondersuits too!! not for me obviously....lol! although...
    yeah, i think looking back on it that i did have pretty bad PND. at the time i just kept on truckin', as i thought that it was what and how most mums felt. oh and teensy bit of denial can go a looonggg way! i think things though are getting better. lots of good support around for it these days. it does concern me though that it might come back if we have another baby so that is stopping me from wanting to TTC for no.2. bit bummed but Leila is the BEST (unbiased LOL!) bub in the world, and we were told we probably wouldnt be able to make babies, so she is extra precious!
    what is the parents as teachers thing?? sounds interesting!! IKWYM about the bubs loving the bling bling shiny stuff! we have a whole dinner set in stainless steel from our Fiji days and leila cuts loose on them in the kitchen, banging them everywhere thinking she is a rock god or something.

Sherie: oh i soo needed you to be my mum when i was about 5/6 years old! i really really wanted a tonka truck!!

Noni: welcome back sista!! wow you are fast in getting the Internet back on! takes me ages to get my A into G!

Ange: jeepers! that rash sounds scary. hope it can get sorted out asap. poor wee bubs ATM so many are sick!

Leanne: Good luck for the festivities this weekend! how exciting for the boys! i still remember my 4th birthday...we ran feral all through the backyard high as kites on red cordial and fairy bread....

Cally: we are also out of bread and milk!! yippeee know what i am doing tomorrow!! LOL! i love a good excuse for eating the goodies!

Pregpan: SNAP!! we do the same with Leila at childcare. every second friday DH and I have a 'date' day. we both take time off and go and have us time. usually to the movies and a cafe/restaurant that we cant take leila to! it is great for us as we dont have family around to help out, so this is our bit of R and R! highly recommend it to anyone!

AFM: well leila is definitely not a healthy little chooky ATM. she has no voice and her nose is running like niagra. she has temps, but managed to spurt most of the panadol down her front, so now i have to wait the 6 hours before i try again...egad. i am also sick, so head feels a bit like jelly...may have to take MD sinus relief regime! LOL!
    My granduncle just found out that my Opa is coming and is over the moon. my Opa hasnt been back to Holland in almost 20 years. (Bill my uncle has always had to come here!). so now he is upgrading my Opa to business class!!! they are very close as they lost their mum during WW2 when they were 9 and 12 years old and had to live on the streets for 3 years in indonesia before being captured by the Japanese forces (then spent the rest of the war in a camp). they were sent back to holland after the war, but neither really spoke Dutch and neither had ever seen holland! so they really relied on eachother during this time. must have been pretty terrifying. so yeah, it's a big moment for both of them.
    anyway, best dash as i had told myself that i was coming out here to do work!! (yeah right!)

hugs to you all!

sounds like all the bubbies are sick atm biiig get well vibes to them all and any mummies suffering too!!
    cassius - lol i cant go without internet i feel cut off from the world with dp working and no money to go anywhere and no car lol its my saving grace!!
    falguni - lmao @ drs having frequant fliers i think u should introduce that idea!! maybe you could become a priority customer after building up so many points? would be nice not to have to wait lol.. i hate waiting at the drs!!
    sherie -Happy Birthday Paige!!! yay strawberry shortcake!! how cute cant wait to see it..
    haley- lol yep always good to hear a good running into the fence story!! idk aboutwalking around naked lol but its great not to inhibit yourself based on what others might be thinking in your own home..
    anyways best be off ive been giving asha green tea and apple juice with her breakfast and dp dosnt know how to make it lol its terribly difficult lmao!!

Noni, good to hear your move went well (mostly). IKWYM about the internet, ours was down for a day a while ago and I had NOTHING to do. I actually got so bored I cleaned!

MM, hope you are feeling better.

Clare, sounds like your Opa and his bro had an interesting (scary) childhood! It will be great for them to spend some time together. Hope you and L are feeling better soon too!

Sherie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Paige She is so big now! She was just a little 2 year old last year when we were pg!

MD, what part of lovely NZ did your friends move to? This weather is crud at the moment, won't stop raining. Starting to wonder why I left QLD LOL I bought about 6 pairs of socks with grips on the bottom but the damn things won't stay up so I can't use them Grrrr.

Ange, Hope L is o.k

What do you guys do in the evenings when bub is in bed? ATM W goes to bed around 8-8.30pm, then DH and I have nothing to do. We have been doing sci-fi marathons but NZ has crap broadband deals so we don't have the data allowance we used to for downloading them. I have got the first season of Babylon 5 to watch now, but I was wondering what everyone else does that isn't T.V? I feel like at the end of my life all I will be able to say was that I watched a lot of television.

William has been practicing changing direction while walking - he has his arms out in front and points them the way he wants to go and then the rest of him follows. It is very cute. We went to McDonalds last night and I let him play in the kids area - he loved it! There is a cave for under 3's and inside were buttons that made animal noises and a steering wheel (he can make the bruuummm noise, so funny).

Hi Girls!, just a quick one from me as Leila is stirring as i type (some in-built sensors me thinks!!).

Arte: hhmmm have to be with you on that one! we go to the nearest DVD shop and buy out whole series! currently we have carnivale. we have gone through six feet under, weeds, buffy the vampire slayer (my personal fav!!), arrested development and deadwood. phew! we dont have a social life!!! LOL! no seriously, once leila is in bed (7ish) we rip out a candle and have a nice dinner together with a glass of wine or beer and catch-up...then we watch the night away!! although the last few nights we havent been able to sleep, so like last night for instance, we were lying in bed giggling like school girls until 1 in the morning!! HA! we sooo paid for it today!
    I'm thinking that once winter is over though, we will take advantage of our verandah more and hang out there instead of inside in the warmth, that way we avoid the tv...

re the grip socks: have you tried the ultra fashionable style of pulling them up and over the bottom of their pants? we find they stay on better/longer that way.

Noni: tell me about it! i am a BB addict! i dont think i really look at anything else anymore on the internet!! LOL! i have been recommending it to everyone who is TTC, pg, or has kiddies!! LOL!

anyhoo best dash as i have to make a casserole tonight...wish me (and poor DH!) luck!

Clare, the grip pads are so they don't slip on the floor, not to keep them up!

Guilty of living a tv-driven life!!! Talking and tv, that's mostly what we do. And talking on the phone to our peeps interstate. We have games sometimes on the weekend with DD. I do know that eventually I will grow a social life again - it helps when you know other families that are happy to entertain and be entertained at home - rather than out at restaurants etc all the time. We don't have any friends like that here though, hence all the tv! Sometimes I sew or do craft while DH is watching telly as well. Haven't reverted to total couch potatoness yet. BTW I think that's hilarious that you get the whole series of tv shows - that's what we do - we either save them up on our harddrive recorder or get them and watch them all at once! LOL

Ah, just realised it's E's Baptism NEXT WEEKEND - aaargh! Better get myself organised.

Arte, my friends moved to a little town outside of Dunedin - pretty part of the world!

Sherie - happy birthday to Paige, your strawberry shortcake cake sounds amaaaaazing!

Leanne - enjoy the parteeee tomorrow!!

Better go, got millions of things to do, starting with nit-checking DD1 right NOW!

We seem to have only an hour to an hour half each night before I go to bed and we tend to watch TV. There are certain shows each week that we watch together (and then
    heaps that I only watch that are saved for daytime naps or if DH has work to do). I started knitting a beanie for K this week so at least I feel a bit more productive. I think DH might have other plans for tonight though...

Bulldozer - great pressy, I had a truck when I was little and mum puts it down to me becoming an engineer!

We tuck the pants into the socks to help them stay up. The grippie things are great, I need to find some more with them.

MD - baptism, we really need to organise that! Parents as teachers??

Noni - glad the move went OK and you are settled in now. A must be having a lovely time exploring all that new space.

Ange - hope L is feeling better, she's had a bit of a bad run lately.

Still waiting for tooth 4 to pop through - I can see it right there and yet it just won't appear!! Went looking at fridges today, I really want a bigger one but I think we might have to wait until I go back to work as the one we have still works fine. And we found a huge patch on the car where the finish has come off completely so looks like a new car is on the agenda sooner rather than later. DH wasn't impressed with that.

My niece rolled from her tummy to her back today - 3.5 months (K did it before 3 months so we're excited about that!!)

cally - its funny while Asha does follow me around alot she actually spends most her time on the playmat with her toys i think because the space is so open she dosnt feel confined when shes there..
    new car is on the agenda for us too after someone smashed into dp on his way home (and have turned their phone off might i add grrr) doubtful he will pass rego which is up next mth eeek..
    md - hope the baptism planning is all going well.. and hope theres no nits ahhhhhh i hate nits deffinately not looking forward to that in the future!!
    clare - goodluck with the casserole! sure it will be fine.. lol @ being a bb addict i know i am its my little connection to the closest thing i have to a social life lol that and facebook though thats getting neglected lately!!
    arte - hahahahaha i was in the middle of cleaning when the postman showed up at the door with my modem i dropped everything and got it all connected upo straight away lol i never did finish those dishes lmao left em for dp!!

Clare- i love deadwood!

Yeah we watch TV after dark, or DH watches TV and i surf on the laptop! Sometimes we play cards, or go to bed early.

ETA- Nonie- is your DH ok? A new car will be nice.

Ohhh, is Deadwood good? We have that but it is buried in the move so we haven't watched it yet. I will make an effort to dig it out if it is good though. So far we have watched Firefly, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Eureka, Supernatural and the fantastic Battlestar Galactica.

I used to actually read books, but my brain is too mush these days. I tried to start one the other day and read the first page three times before I gave up.

another one here with no life
    at the moment- all i really do is
    1) watch tv
    2) go on bb
    3) eat
    4) read
    5) sleep

that's about it
    i don't really mind too much though. dp and i used to be a bit wild back in the day. i used to always be the last person standing at every party.....now i don't even go to any.
    idk though, we were talking about this the other week and we feel like we've had our 'fun' and we're just so content and happy now. i love being a couch potato.

sorry i've been so slack lately...been reading and not posting
    hope evryone is well
    gotta go check on my spinach triangles in the oven
    bbl for personals xoxo

Gracie- you could have just described us! We NEVER would used to be home on a weekend, let alone in PJ's, sober, watching TV on a Sat night! How times change. Like you say, it's all good. I do miss the activities we used to do though, it's not as easy as rolling up the swag and heading to the beach anymore.

I really liked Deadwood Art, but i dont think it is everyones taste. It's a bit gross/crass/lots of swearing. A friends just lent me 'Love my way' series 1. it's supposed to be great.

Oh yeah i do read a bit. And fold washing, clean the house! all the fun stuff!

mmmmm spinach and fetta? Now i want some spinach triangles!

oohhh ange- love my way is without a doubt, the best tv series i have ever watched. if it's series 1 though, you better get your tissues ready. i had to have a day off work the day after i watched one particular episode. i was too distraught to face anyone.......you will fall in love with it though.

Hi Girls,

Art- Yep we are TV watchers too. I must amit its kind of nice to veg out in front of the telly in total silence with all 3 babies sleeping. On weekends we usually will watch a movie however.
    Noni- I am so happy for you being in your own house.

Oh I have to go X is suppose to be in bed and he has found me in the office.

Sweet Dreams

Oh dear we're turning into a telly thread!

I've eyed off both Deadwood and Firefly - are they good? Also thinking of tracking down some real oldies that I missed like...wait for it...Northern Exposure (just cos I like Men in Trees so much LOL) and even older than that...who killed Laura Palmer... Twin Peaks!!!!!!!!! PMSL. DH has also downloaded a copy of a series called Army Wives so I'll be able to get good and maudlin when he's away. Well I'll have plenty of evenings at home to entertain myself in three weeks time. I'll have to track down "love my way" too - I remember wanting to watch it when it came on the telly but as usual DH's CSI addiction probably got in the way. Now we have a hard drive and I'm Boss of what gets recorded teeheehee.

Arte I used to read books but all I can seem to manage these days is those chick lit romantic things! Aaaah to have my brain function back.

Noni I found a couple of weeny babies but no eggs so I hope we've nipped them in the bud. Her friend was scritching earlier in the week so I thought it best to check. Hate the little suckers.

Ok, parents as teachers, it's a program they run through the Child and Family Centre (which is this huge parenting resource place right in the middle of nappy valley, fed govt funding) and they show you how to play etc with your bubba. I missed out on the group classes (what i really wanted to do) because they only run them for certain ages and E's birthday is wrong so we missed out. But DD1 had speech problems (probably because I was off the planet with PTSD and also a bit genetic from DH's side) I wanted some extra support for E (hoping to bypass all that) so they agreed to send someone out for one on one sessions for us. It's a bit embarrassing because it's supposed to be for families who need extra support but I guess with DH away and the problems I had with DD1 we must qualify. Anyway so far there's been a lot about baby proofing (haha she must've taken one look at my messy house and thought we needed to do more) and also some age appropriate things like mirror play, naming body parts, and encouraging her to cruise by putting toys along the lounge, stuff like that. Good for this age too is putting something on the floor when they are standing so they practise getting down to pick things up, and giving them a second thing to hold when they have one thing already (teaching them to hold two things and bang them together, etc). I didn't find a shiny bowl when we were out yesterday but she loved it so much I'll keep looking.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast