Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #34

Sherie, I was prepared for the Wiggles and Hi 5 but I wasn't expecting the mind-numbing stupidity of 'in the night garden' lol

Leanne, How was the party? Bet the boys had a fantastic time.

Rainy, no good with names sorry. Actually if we have another boy I don't know what we will do because we couldn't come up with anything. My maiden name was Richardson so I always thought I would give a boy Richard for a middle name but then DH's family give the first son the fathers name as a MN. I am really relieved actually, because I just realised that W was nearly William Rodney Richard which shortens to Willy Rod **** lol

Clare lol about your DH checking for how many bubs, that was my first thought when a baby shape came on screen - thank god there is only one in there!

arte- lmao at willy rod **** too funny

clare- i actually really like leila- it was on my girl's list when we had lewis, except spelt laila. it's very pretty

btw, i'm really hoping there's only one in here too! one beautiful healthy one

Rainy, she will be beautiful just like Lewis

Hi everyone,

I have actually had some time to catch up a little and respond.

Rainy congrats again. We have our names picked out for the next one, a little early I know. When do you see your OB?

Arte I hate In the night garden too and thankfully Logan doesnt have much interest in it either.

Clare how annoying have guests arriving when you didnt know, that is so something my DH would do.

Pregpan I love buying crafty present too, I just bought my 3 year old nephew some board games and crafty stuff for his birthday. Good to hear your feeling better.

MD good to hear that you got something out of QE2.

MM I hope Miss M is doing better now.

Noni how is your stinky house going lol? Did you manage to get rid of some of the smell?

I cant remember what else has been said so a big hello to everyone else.

Logan seems to be doing a lot of what the other bubs are doing. He is a very cheeky little boy and I think he will keep me on my toes when he is walking. I cant believe that in just two months he will be one, it goes so quickly. The best thing about his birthday is that it means spring is here, I love the spring time. Well I had best be off and get some things done before I go to bed.

Hi Girls!

I know I know 3 posts in one night is a big night for me but needed a vent!!

Welllll, i said a couple of posts back that we were having someone come over for a week tomorrow...right? well, DH also failed to tell me that he had invited a colleague over for dinner TONIGHT!! so there i was in my pjs looking glamorous feeding leila in her room, he comes in WITH the guest and says hi!!! i am totally not sexy (read: flanny pjs and ugg boots!!). uuurrrghhhhh!! NEVER EVER marry an academic! the whole absentmindeness is driving me crazy!! oh and of course no dinner was prepared, so we had to spruce up something impromptu...

sorry guys had to get that off my chest!

on to happier things...

G: LOL! that would have been so funny if you had of had a girl! 2 leilas in the one group!! i saw that a bub on here was born a week or 2 ago and was called leila (like the way we spelt it!).
    our other girl names were: Maya, Milla and Astrid...ITH!
    our boy names were: Nico, Nikolai (a Fiji remmnant!) and William...

OzStar: LOL! maybe we should join forces in explaining to DHs the joys of forewarning!

Arte: you crack me up everytime!!! that was similar to a friend of mine whose name was Shirley and then she married a guy with a last name of worley!! LOL! when she went to the bank to open an account they thought she was joking!!

LAMO Arte at what William's name almost was! He would never have forgiven you for that one!

Katie - Good to hear Logan is doing well. Is he crawling yet?

Rainy - I love the name Annabelle, its very pretty. A girl would be just perfect, but like you said all that matters is that they are healthy. My gosh I still cant believe it....you've made me all clucky now.

Clare - Good luck with the house guests this week! Ooh you have a bugaboo, lucky girl.

Leemar - How was the party!?

Pregpan - Thanks for the tips re the inner health. Unfortunately my DP didnt know and got the adult inner plus & the chemist wont let me exchange it.

MD - I've also noticed Maddie chucking a few tanties and being strong willed. Gosh I hope she wont be a little bully or anything hehe.

Trillian - Thanks for asking about M, she is doing much much better thank goodness. Getting the 3ml of antibiotics down her throat is a mission though lol. I have my fingers crossed that she wont pick up anything at daycare this week. Hehe I take it you have a heap of fairy costumes at home?

Oh no Clare what a pain! He must have just forgotten, but still... Men!!

Clare - fantastic *claps hands* Oh I'm very excited about meeting up!!!

The baptism was lovely today, very special, and I'm glad I went all out for the fancy cake but not the fancy frock! LOL Dead tired, house in chaos, will fill you all in when I'm on top of things again.

Gracie - would love to give you some name ideas - I had a list of about thirty girl name faves LOL. Will have to dig it out sometime.

Better go, or I won't see DH at all tonight through the huge pile of stuff that needs tidying in my family room (post snow, post car-trip x2, post QE2, full week laundry pile up, etc etc). Nighty night!

guys i'm thinking of getting a doula so that dp can concentrate on looking after lewis at the time of the birth. what do you guys think?

md- get the name list out please please

mm- yah!! clucky hey? maybe you'll be my belly buddy

clare- i would be soooo peeved at dh! i hate when people come over and i'm dressed in pj's (about 15 hours of the day) lol

katie- i'm seeing the ob on the 25th- was the earliest i could get in

Clare I would have killed my DH lol.

Rainy I think a doula is an awesome idea. Its a shame I am not in Vic or you could have been one of my trainee births (once I actually get around to starting my course lol).

MD glad the baptism went well. Sounds like lots to do at your place.

MM yeah Logan was crawling at around 7-8 months (I cant remember how bads that lol). He is cruising the furniture now and will walk if we hold his hands.

No plans here today, it is meant to rain again so my billion piles of washing will have to wait another day. Think we might just kick back today and do nothing.

Doula's a great idea Rainy. Extra support always great. But do you mean your DH will not be at the birth and will be staying home to look after Lewis? Or are you planning a home birth? I'm not sure i could do it without my DH there!

I dont get those shows like 'in the night garden' where the characters make silly noises instead of talking?!

Clare- i too would have killed my DH! An hours warning would be better than none! We had DH's boss knock on the front door when we both had gastro the other week. DH answered but i was too busy throwing up. I was sooo embarressed, the house was a mess, and i couldn't drag myself away from the toilet!

Katie- My days sounds just like yours, i was going to stay in my PJ's, but all this talk of surprise guests, i think i better get dressed!

Does anyone have any problems with biting or pinching? Lu is getting another tooth and bites me, on the arm, shoulder, tummy, anywhere! I say no and put her down. but i'm not sure if i am doing the right thing. After all she is only 9 months and i'm not sure she knows the extent what she's doing.
    She also pinches while she's BF'ing, or having a cuddle and tired. it really hurts, but as she is relaxing and drifting off i don't say anything just try and hold her hand, so she cant pinch. Should i be doing something different? any tips?

omg rain congratulations!!!
    sorry i havnt been on much have my friend up from melbourne so i wont be on much for the next week thought i should jump on and let u all know that we are fine ad just enjoying the company!!
    as for the stinky house its not really stinky anymore i have to say since weve been cooking lots (actually have food in the house now) it smells more like what weve had for dinner than anything lol because its a very open house that i can deal with!!!
    falguni - i know what u mean with those shows like tellytubbies too.. apparantly they are very educational and easier to take in because the characters dont say much.. (though i had tellytubbies because they are pronouncing real words wrong rather than just saying silly little made up things).. since we moved asha hasnt watched tv shes just happy playing which is GREAT!! my mum gave her a dora the explorer dvd because she used to watch it at the old place buti am saving it for if shes sick or something.. we have the same thing with pinching but i have no idea whatto do sorry lol i just tell her no and pull her hand away but we havnt had much success sorry...
    anyways hello to everyone else must be off

Maya is one of our girls names!!!
    Rainy dont go getting new belly buddies and forgetting us!!!! ha ha!! soooo excited for you too... hmm will think of some names... will yuo tell us what you are having when yuo find out??
    Clare - v excited to meet you and MD when you are here!!! and i will make sure N is in his best cords for you!!! ha ha!!! my mum is here this weekend so best for me would be sat morning before she arrives if we can make that work?? or friday sometime on my day off? oh v exciitng! do you find the bugaboo ok for off roading? i dont think it is THAT good on uneven surfaces... dont get me wrong though i am so in love with it!! i also live right near capt cook crescent - weird we were practically neighbours before... (i live off sturt ave)
    Ange - N also pichnes and scratches quite a lot. it HURTS!! i figure he just doesnt know any better but sometimes i get frsutarted by it. esp at 3am!!
    Arte - you are a total crack up!!!
    N has nappy rash now - poor thing.. it is just little bumps right around his bum.. (is this nappy rash) - he hasnt had it before. have been using the weleda cream for the last 2 days but ot goingaway.. any tips??? i hope that is it?? he was up ALL NIGHT, not like him i wonder if that was bothering him? i also thought maybe he is making developmental leaps?? he is trying hard to crawl and also larning new things like high 5s, pincer grip with 2 fingers, even more babbling (no MAMA yet though!!) etc etc... i dont know! DH took most of the burden last night, i am wracked with guilt!!
    ok better go, will be on and off today so will try to write more later - am at work though and HEAPS to do as didnt get lot done last week with N being sick...

Pregpan, if it was *just* nappy rash, it should be starting to improve by now. Maybe you could try bathing him with no soap and letting him have some nappy free time and see how that goes.

Noni, that's great you are all settled in now. I bet Asha doens't know what to do with herself now she has all this space.

Ange, I don't have problems with pinching while feeding, but he has to be holding something while he feeds - usually the collar of my shirt or necklace and it drives me mental. You could try a feeding necklace which is just a big gaudy beady necklace that they play with while feeding.

Katie, we have rain here too - 21mm so far but I got all the washing out of the way before it came LOL - I hate having a backlog because it takes so much longer to get it all done. Logan sounds like he is going really well

Marydean, so happy to hear that the baptism went well - I would love to see a pic of the divine Miss E in her finery.

G, definately get a doula. I know you had it pretty tough last time with L so I think you would benefit a lot from having one. As for girls names, my faves were Maeve, Niamh, Clair and Lucinda, but DH wouldnt' have a bar of them LOL. Although if Alister was a girl he was going to be Clair, but only because DH couldn't think of anything else. Lindsay was going to be a Hayley Maree had he been a girl.

H, I don't think Miss M will be a bully, just assertive which will serve her well in all those department store sales in the future LMAO.

Leanne, please log in and tell us all about the party - I'm dying to hear how it went (and a pic or two of the big boys wouldn't go astray either )

Clare I would have been FUMING if my DH sprung that on me. So what did you cook anyway LOL?

The rain has been lovely - always a bummer to have rain in the holidays though, but it would have been worse at the end when they were already stir crazy LOL. They are with DH at his parents house ATM - Dh slaughtered 2 lambs yesterday so they went with him to cut them up so I will have a freezer full of yummy lamb again. Things are pretty desperate when a farmers wife doens't even have a lamb roast in the freezer LMAO. Not that I could cook one anyway because the blooming oven is on the blink again.

I am really hoping that my package from the US should arrive today - so G, I will let you know what the sizing is like. I already have a new shopping list for them already for the girls this time LOL, so maybe it might be best if you have another boy

The funniest thing happened last night. I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready (slow cooked silverside - delish!) and I could hear the big kids in the loungeroom with the popper bike. Now they get on it and push each other really fast on it, but when I opened the door the bike went wizzing past with Alister on it!!! he was hanging on for dear life LOL but he had this huge grin on though and he thought it was great. The kids are in stitches laughing at him. As much as my heart was in my throat though, it was hillarious to see.

he is getting really good with his walking - almost to the point where I could say that he is more of a walker than a crawler, but he does most of it when he is the only one here with me or if the others are in bed already. last night he was up for 1/2hr after the big kids went to bed and he spent most of the time walking from one piece of furniture to the other. So I think the kids must unnerve him or something and he is more confident on his own.

Hi Girls,

Firstly a big CONGRATULATIONS TO RAINY

Well the party was great I am still exhausted. The boys were really really excited all day and it was really lovley. Still cannot believe they are 3. So now I am straight in to planning Olivias. I have handed out most of the invites already. We are doing the same as the boys just a BBQ Lunch. OMG the boys got so many toys and as usual I get so caught up with the moment and went overboard. I think we need a bigger house.
    My poor feet and back are aching still. Sorry for the whinging...

I have to go as Olivia is now crying.
    Catch up with you all soon..

thanks for the tips sherie - i have been giving him nappy free time and also we dont use soap on him (dermaveen only, lots of sensitive skin in this fam) so i wonder if it isnt nappy rash??? what else could it be? could he have something from the cold/flu??? oh i hope we donthave to go back to the dr... i will see how he is later today when i get him from FDC, je was up a lot of the night so i hope it wasnt bothering him? maybe something fungal? who knows.... it is like red around his bottom and then has little tiny raised bits... not big blisters or anything - anyone who has ideas let me know!!
    Leanne - the party sounds wonderful and i am like you and will prob go totally overboard for N's bdays - i love to cater and entertain!!! we will have 2 parties for N this yr - 1 here and 1 in melbourne... so already overboard!!! hope your feet and back get better soon.
    Sherie - that is such a funny story about alister!!!! and the popper bike!! wow to be the youngest of 4 he will be so daring!!! it is nice that he explores more when he is alone with you- i notice N is a lot more 'daring' - well as daring as you can be when you dont even crawl - when we are alone with him and a lot more shy when there are other ppl there.

ETA - had a look at some stuff ont he web and i reckon N may have a yeast infection - does this cause them pain??? if not i will see howit goes in the next day or 2 and then take to dr if it hasnt cleared up.. or is there something over the counter i can use?? do you think this woul dbe related to the flu he had? poor little guy.
    Last edited by MamaPan; July 7th, 2008 at 01:55 PM.

Leanne, that's great it went so well! IKWYM about so many toys - imagine what it will be like for Olivia's first birthday!

Pregpan, the poxvirus that the kids have started out as small red lumps, then turned into big cheesy looking pimples - if it gets like that it is the same as my lot have. if it is a yeast thing then it could be fixed with some daktarin or similar, but not sure if you can put it in that area - maybe just go to the chemist and ask there? Our chemist is really great and is often my first stop before going to the Dr - if he doesn't know what it is or can't give you something OTC then he sends you off to the Dr. I don't think it is related so much to the flu, but more that his immunity is pretty low ATM. It can take a while to get it back to 100%. It could be itchy or just a bit sore from when wee gets on it, so it could be causing him some irritation.

Pregpan- There is an anti-fungal cream for babies bums called Daktozin, made by the Daktarin people. Although a chemist i went to recommended i use Daktarin to clear a presistent thrush (yeast infection). The rash was small red spots......
    ETA- the Daktozin has zinc oxide (in sudocream etc.) in it as well, where as the Daktarin has more of the anitfungal ingredient but none of the zinc oxide......

Leeane- i bet you're exhausted! Wow, i can;t believe you have handed out invites for Olivia's birthday! You are super organised, maybe i should take a leaf out of your book.

Trillian- hmmmm might try a necklace, thanks for the tip. I can just imagine the shock/surpise/horror/smile on your face seeing A wizz past!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast