Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #34

Pregpan, 10.00am Sat sounds really good for me.

Rainy, definitely ring the ABA, they will have some good advice for you. In the meantime try to get some rest no matter when or how!!! You could try doing some extra feeds and also make sure all the solids you are given him are good energy dense foods, and maybe do a snack.

ok. rang aba.
    they said it's prob just pg hormones making him really unsettled and to just keep feeding- lots.
    all good. sorry for freakout

Rainy don't be sorry for freaking out. Glad the aba were helpful. You must be buggered have you managed to have a snooze?

MD, Pregpan, Clare & Cally I so wish I could join you on your little meet. I wish we could all catch up one day.

Another rainy boring day here, have just done a bit of a cook up for Logan so the freezer is looking nice and full again.

Hi Girls!

10am Sat sounds brillo! will be there with bells on. it looks as though i will be flying up with Leila on Friday and hiring a car so will be fancy free and not too exhausted!!
    that's if they sort out the air traffic controller fiasco!

G: jeepers what a night for you! we had one like that a couple of weeks ago and couldnt work out what it was until the evening of the following night when she got a cold...so maybe he's hiding a bug? but the hormone thing sounds more like it. no doubt he'll get used to it pretty quickly!

Noni: i hear you sista. the arguments when they are really about nothing tend to be the most dramatic, as everyone is generally tired and frustrated and we just project it onto something ridiculous (like lost sunnies LOL!). lorenzo and i had an argo the other month and we both realised that we had no idea what we were angry about!! talk about crazy!

Hey, how do you guys view the gallery? there used to be a link to our gallerys on our posts...i now go through the main site, but it is a bit of a PIA to find everyone....

must dash as Leila is doing the dying fly on me lol!

BBL.

So where abouts at 10am on Sat?

Fight here this morning too - DH didn't get up until 8:30 when I was up at 6, the highchair was still dirty, I emptied vege fritter all through the washing machine, spilt shoe polish on the washing machine, the washing took over an hour instead of 45 mins and I wanted to go to mothers group etc ..... Burst into tears at mothers group too, but felt better afterwards. AF arrived yesterday so that might have had something to do with it. Also frustrated that DD is now sleeping all night (7-6) and I am still exhausted. Wondering what it's going to be like back at work in a little bit over 2 months.

OK, enough about me.

Rainy - hope tonight goes better for you and L

Pregpan - hope N's rash clears up soon.

Awww Cally! seems like you need them sweetie!

P.S. yeah? where should we meet? i am pretty easy as for places. there is always tosolini's in town...although maybe not enough pram space for a sat morning?

hmmmm....is there somewhere in Manuka? mind...can't...work...arrghh.

Rainey. Are you sure it's not more teeth? i didn't thing Lu was teething then i noticed a new tooth yesterday! Hope tonight is better. Does preg normally effect milk supply, i have heard it can increase? but i am no expert!! When you due again?

Sorry, brain not with it tonight! Hope you are all fantastico.

Hang on a second Clare & Pregpan see each other out & about & had no clue!? Hehehe too funny girls.

Trillian - LMAO at Alister on the bike! That is hillarious. I laughed so much DP came in to see what I was laughing at.

RF - OMG Lewis was a ten pound bub!? Gosh no wonder you want a doula this time. Did you have a long labour with Lewis? I dont know much about Doula's but definately look into getting one if you think that would help you. I am SO freaking clucky these days its not funny. I am on the pill though and NOT coming off (until at least mid next yr) because I think I could so easily persuade DP to try for another bub. I swear though having all these pregnant ladies around me (two at work) is making me sooooo clucky. I think I want twins...lmao. Whoa what if you have two in there!? YAY! Also I hope you have a decent night of sleep with Lewis, teeth maybe? Maybe try some nurofen if he is waking lots.

Cally - Oh sorry to hear about your bad day. Vege fritter through the wash what a pain. Re your tiredness, maybe you need more iron, take some supplements maybe? You know what, you will be fine back at work. I've had nights where Maddie has had shocking sleep (and therefore me as well) yet I've had to get up and go to work, and you just deal with it and do it iykwim. Its not always easy I must admit. You arent going back FT though are you? If you can remember I really struggled with going back to work, more so with being away from Maddie, but once I got into the flow of it and established a little routine on the days I work, gosh I really enjoy being at work now. Just to get out & have a gossip with the girls. & Maddie has no problems at daycare. You guys will be fine. Re teeth, I bought Maddie a toothbrush for use from 4 months, and we just give it a go in the bath every night. She thinks its funny.

Falguni - Had a little laugh at your mad dash through the bush. How clever are dogs.

Pregpan - How's Noah's rash going? Thats so cute that he has rolls on his neck.

Noni - Sorry to hear about the fight, hope you've got it sorted now. We have been having a few fights lately as well.

Maddie is starting to move...well kinda. She has now figured out how to get on all fours, and rocks back and fourth, and moves a little forward. So I dont think it will be too long before she crawls. SO EXCITED! I am getting a sore throat, P off stupid bugs. I've been dosing up big time on the vit E & echinacea.

Leemar - Well done on the boys birthday. They looked like they loved the cake. Did you make it, I cant remember? Cant believe how organised you are with Olivia's bday as well.

Hi everyone
    mm - i hope you can keep the nasties at bay - you've had a bad run with illness lately and i don't think you deserve any more Yay for little M being on the move!!

cally - vegetable fritter in the wash doesn't sound great - i've put breast pads through the wash twice in a week - all those gel bits end up through everything. I've only just bought Hannah a tooth brush. I let her play with it tonight - just letting her chew it for a while. That is fantastic that K is sleeping through the night. A MCHN once told me that it can take a number of months of sleeping well before you catch up on all that lost sleep.

arte - you made me giggle with the shortened names.

Clare - i can't believe your dh brought home a dinner guest without mentioning it!! You must keep the house looking beautiful, because my dh would be too embarrassed to bring home anyone unannounced - the house usually looks like a bombs gone off!!!

pregpan - i hope N's rash clears for you, and that it's not anything nasty.

ange - hannah pinches me when she is over tired. She thinks it's funny when i cry out from the pain, and does it over and over again.

sherie- i had a good chuckle picturing A riding past on the bike.

Leanne - glad the party went well for you. Sounds like the boys had a fantastic time. Just had a look at the picture - that cake looks amazing!

Rainy - what fantastic news that your friend is pg too.

noni - i'm so happy that everything is going so well for you. (tell dp to build a bridge and get over it!!!)

md - glad the baptism went well

hi to everyone else too

Morning Girls,

Well I am freezing this morning... My office heater takes ages to warm up.

Glad you all enjoyed to boys photo. We got the cake made this year... I find making birthday cakes very stressful although I am going to make Olivia's. Also I am trying very hard to be more organised. I am thinking that if I am organised my life wont be so caotic.lol.

Jordy Poo Update- Dr said that he is going really well but we have to have the movicol for another 2 months then go back to him and we will then start to cut it back. He said if we stop the movicol now he might just go straight back to being blocked up.

MD- I am so glad the baptism went so well and can not wait to see the photos. Bummer about DH being away. How long is he away this time for. My DH is away from the 22nd for a couple of days then in Sept he is off to Vegas for 10days for work and he comes back just before my birthday so I told him to buy me some Baby Phat Hand Bags.

Rainy & Cally-
    Ange- Olivia pinches to and she pulls hair
    Noni- Tell DP to open a can of HARDEN THE F@#k UP ... My DH needs to sometimes... God man are like babies sometimes. I usually tell people I have 4 babies the fourth being my DH.lol
    Prepan- how is N today?
    Has any heard from Fianne latley

To all the girls Meeting up on Sat I hope you have a wonderful time and dont forget to take photo's and post them for us to see.

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day

Leanne, Tell your boss you need a better heater What theme are you doing for Olivia's birthday? That's great Jordy got a good report from the Dr. Fingers crossed that once he's off the movicol he is fine. Now that you mention it, Fianne hasn't been in for a while.

G, I got the clothes yesterday!!! I was so excited LMAO. If I were you, I would definately get the 18-24mth size for him. I got a mix of both 12-18mth and 18-24mth for Alister and he will get more wear out of the bigger ones, whereas the 12-18 ones will only just do the summer if I'm lucky. They aren't wider either, just a bit longer. Do you think L is fussy and wakeful because your new pg hormones are changing your milk already? Apparently it is normal for them to go through a period like that when you are pg again.

Cally, big hugs coming your way hun. We have all had ****ty days like that so we can all sympathise. I hope today is much better for you.

Jaz, have you been doing anything exciting with the girls these holidays? They go back next week don't they?

H, YAY!!!! for Maddie being on the move (sorta kind of LOL) she will get the hang of it so quickly now!

I am really jealous of you girls getting to meet up! I hope you have a great time together - and don't forget to take some pics!!!!

Noni, Leanne pretty much summed it up for me LOL. I hope things settle down for you both soon.

Marydean, how have things been going sleep-wise for you since QE2?

Not much going on here. There was a bit more rain overnight, and I did a heap of washing last night thinking that today was going to be fine, but it is awful outside and threatening to rain again. I have had a gutfull of my washing machine too - it will eitehr just stop midcycle for some reason, not drain the water so it rinses with the dirty wash water or it wont spin. When we get our FTB top up I am buying a new one, but I don't think I can last that long.

Tomorrow I am off for my scan and hopefully after that I will know what is going on with me. The timing is good too - 4 days before AF is due so the lining should be nice and thick.

Cally oh you poor thing, you prolly just need a little time on your own for your "bucket" to fill up...plus like Jazah said, a lot more good nights! Veggie fritters in the wash = not fun and of course it all has to happen when you're premenstrual (haha it's a dreadful time of the month at my house too).

That is too freaky about Pregpan and Cass seeing each other out and about...LOL just think if you didn't get such spunky prams you might never have noticed each other.

I'm all for Pizazz (mainly because I know where it is), just not sure if it can accommodate all the prams?? Happy to go elsewhere provided I have directions and/or landmarks to follow!

Sherie, I thought that was hilarious when A whizzed past on the popper bike! I had a similar moment when I was talking on the phone and E whizzed past (walking) on her winnie the pooh walker - LOL it's really noisy like a popper bike and it was going just a little too fast for her but she crashed into the lounge and stopped before she could fall over. Remember the days when we were all waiting for them to roll! LOL

Rainy, it sounds like a doula is perfect for you! Good, positive, empowered support makes all the difference. OK, names, can't find the list, but from memory here are some that we loved: Enid (my top top top fave but DH just wouldn't agree - it means life force/spirit so lovely meaning too), Edith (great granma's name), Lisbeth, Elsbeth, (OK, all hovering around a theme here). Tabitha, Imogen, Belinda, Bethany were also up for consideration. Before I fell pg I always thought if i had another girl I would call her Maia - but it just didn't suit the energy of this baby. Other faves include Morrow, Reade, Freya, Ruth, Una, Ina, Salem, Faith, Holly, Thora, Verity, Winter, Laurel, Esther, Astrid, Linnet, Liora, Blithe, Grace, Hope and Harmony. Haha and that's not the complete list. Do you have boys names already?

Ok, better go, it's getting busy around here. Hidiho to everyone I've missed.

Sherie- Olivia's Party will be a Pink Party. Bummer on the washing machine. I told DH that when my dies I want an industrial washing machine and Dryer just so I can stay up to date. I know it sound like a bit of overkill but my washing pile just never ends.
    MM- Way to Go Maddie

You might be onto something with the industrial washer Leanne LOL. Although mine is a 4.5kg simpson and it hasn't skipped a beat till now and I've had it for 11yrs this year, so I think I will get another one. A pink party sounds gorgeous!

Marydean, I know! I bet Miss E was surprised at herself LOL. I loved Ruth, or Ruthie preferrably, as a name too, but my Nan's name is Ruth and she would have cracked it as she hates the idea of family names LMAO. Not worth the grief at all Another one I loved was Agnes (to be Aggie) and Edie but DH thought they were *too* old.

ETA - Leanne I live in hope of one day being organised and life not being so chaotic too~! LOL
    DH gets home tonight, but next week he leaves ON OUR ANNIVERSARY (*stamps foot*) for 3+ months.

Trill, sleep has been much better, am going to persevere with the settling techniques as taught for another couple of weeks (giving a rollover feed, then resettling until 5-6am when I can feed again) and then we'll see what sort of pattern she's in then, might abandon the rollover feed and just get up twice in the night. She had a horrendous 2.5 hour settling session on her first night in QE2 (I was asleep thank goodness but she gave those nurses a run for their money) but since then I only usually have to go in one to three times to pat and sing and she is happy to relax back down into sleep. I'm usually only settling once or twice a night now (including one time before I go to bed), as opposed to 3-5 get ups with crying, feeding, more crying etc. Like Cally I still feel exhausted though. The longest 'session' we've had at home was 35 mins which was mostly calm but a bit of protesting along the way. Interestingly there have been a couple of days where she's had a few teething symptoms and it hasn't seemed to affect the way she sleeps unlike before when we were convinced that she was in pain all the time. I haven't opened the bottle of panadol for 10 days now which is good IMO. Also, I'm feeding her more now (sore nipples and all) and we make sure she's having lots of cuddles and affection during the daytime and before bed, and I really concentrate on calm and loving energy when I'm patting her so she knows bed is a happy safe place to be.

ETA GL with your scan tmrw! Hope you get some answers and hopefully good news.
    Last edited by AnyDream; July 9th, 2008 at 10:11 AM.

i think most cafes will be problematic pram wise!!! i-delic is prob ok as they have quite a bit of room b/n tables (kingston) or somewhere in manuka on the lawns (though cold!!)... we can always park the prams out of the way somewhere and hold the little munchkins!
    tosolinis is also great - if we go there i can come pramless as i will drive into the city and just hold N...
    sooo excited to meet you all!

afm - had a bit better night, he still woke but not as bad as the other nights... and he went down last night with DH feedinghim from a bottle - the 1st time in his life i have not bfed him to sleep. i am half happy and half sad about that - he is growing up!!! i guess i have to get used to it as i will soon be doing overnighters for work... we tried it as i am sooo tired from this flu and balancing work etc etc that i just could not face the bedtime routine... he still has the rash - hasnt spread at all though. i guess i will take himto the dr on friday maybe.
    for all the bfeeding mums - when do you think you will wean (if yu have a plan)? i wanted to jus be lead by him but i am thinking i may wean at about 12 months - mainly bc soon after we will ttc and i think i prob need to stop bfeeding to get preg (unlike some lucky ladies!!!)....
    sorry no personals now, will come back soon to do them - gotta get some work done.

ETA - also meant to tell you some of the latest eating hits - in case it gives you some ideas.... english muffins - i toast them and can dip in casserole etc to feed him (he is a bit anti purees atm) or top with avocado and egg, or vegemite, or grilled cheese - big hit and good texture for him i think. he is also still really into that pasta with tuna and tomato and cheese sauce... eats a huge portion of it.... also goulburn valley diced fruits - apricot, peach - he likes these and i like giving them to him as diff fruits to what i can buy fresh - also he loves mandarins - i peerl off all the white stuff and the inner skin so he gets little segments... i thnk i will try sultanas tonight - i do these little finger foods when i am cooking his dinner. Clare - i bought some haloumi too so i think he will get that for dinner - do you do cubes or fingers for leila??
    Last edited by MamaPan; July 9th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.

You girls have good taste, i love Enid and Agnes. Agnes water in QLD i a great spot, we went there on our honeymoon and thought we might call Lu Agnes after the great memories there! Enid is DH's nan's name, i love it.

Trill- 11 years is a good stint for a washer! GL with your scan.

MD- sounds like things are going well at your place. Lu has just started waking for a night feed again, as well as a 10pm. I think she's getting another tooth. I must admit at 3am if she wakes, i tend to just feed her so i can go back to bed as soon as possible! I really should persist with the settling. (When you first said you were going to QE2, i thought it was the cruise ship! )

Pregpan, - am still kinda going with the flow with BF'ing. No real plans, just taking each day as it comes! 12 months is my next goal, then reasses, but nothing set in concrete. I am happy to follow her lead, however if it gets too much for whatever reason i would consider weaning her.

hmmmmm cheese toasty muffins sound good! you gals come up with great ideas.

Ohhhh gotta run....

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast