Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #34

hi everyone
    pregpan - that tuna pasta sounds good - did you post the recipe? I also missed the carrot and zucchini bake recipe. I think i need to make a little book with everyone's recipes!!
    hannah loves raisin bread at the moment, so i've been buying the thick cafe style. yummo. I also made some 'chicken and potato balls' out of the Annabel Karmel recipe book - i just gave Hannah a few in front of her and she devoured them.
    with breastfeeding - i've been feeding Hannah longer than Jess and Zoe. I stopped bf J at 9 months (when fell pg) and Z at 9 months because she used to bite me. I'm not sure when i'm going to stop feeding Hannah. I'm really enjoying it, and guess because this will be my last bub i kind of want to feed for as long as she wants to. (dh said he doesn't want me feeding her when she is 2!!!)

rainy - i like Miley, Callea, and Louella at the moment.

sherie - my mum and i took the girls to the Science centre on Monday and the girls had a great time. (so did mum!) yesterday we caught up with some friends we made through antenatal class when Jess was a baby - so 6 years ago! Today lunch with some friends from school, tomorrow Clean the House day, Friday dh hasthe day off so we're going to do something nice together.
    What have you got planned?
    md - Have you got a list of things that dh has to do before he goes?

hi all
    jaz - the pasta is really easy - i make a cheese sauce (butter, flour, milk and loads of cheese) and then stir through some passata or pureed tomatoes and a tin of good quality tuna. imake a hige batch and freeze it all. then i serve it with risoni - more sauce than pasta. it is a HUGE hit.
    how do you make the chicken and potato balls? they sound yum and i need more finger food ideas for Noah.
    DH was saying today he reckons our last bub will be bfed til s/he is 14!!! LOL!!
    I feel so yuk with this flu.. i hope it goes soon.

Yeah Luella is a great name!

FLu sux pregpan, hope its passes quickly.

Falguni - Oh Anges Waters is such a nice place.

Pregpan - Yumo I must take down your pasta recipe! Wow do you cook Noah's meals fresh every night? Gosh i feel like a slacker now as Maddie has purees from the freezer that I've pre made (only on Work nights though). I'm trying to give her the foods that we eat on all other nights.

Jazmum - SNAP on the name Miley. And yes we got it from Hannah Montanna which I'm sure its where you heard it too being a HM fan hehe. DP is so sure if we have a girl next it will be Miley...I'm keen for Vienna though. Vienna Miley...? Here I am planning away already!

MD - Wow nice names. Ruthie is beautiful.

Trillian - Good luck with the scan!

Ahhh I must go, sorry i havent got to everyone but the sleeping beauty has awoken and wants food!!

Ange, yeah QE2 is the cruise ship from hell, you hear babies crying all night long and mothers pacing up and down the hallway!! LOL No not as bad as that but it's not a luxury spa and it's hospital food all the way too!

OK, I vote someone just nominates a place and there's no more democratic discussion ! Otherwise it'll be Sat morning and we'll all be confused (especially me since my sleep deprived and hormonally altered mind is constantly teetering on the verge of)!!!

Oh, meant to tell you all, I did a pumpkin and spinach risotto for E the other night, out of my head. She loves it!

Marydean's Pumpkin Delight
    1/2 cup of arborio rice
    1 cup of stock
    1 cup of water
    1/2 cup of peas
    3/4 cup of pumpkin, cubed
    1 cube of frozen spinach - chop it before you add it
    1 tblsp of cream cheese

Add rice to water & stock and boil, stirring for about 5 mins. Add the vegetables and cook for another 10 or so minutes, until the rice is as soft as you want ( you may need to add a little more water depending on how much it's boiling) and keep stirring! Finally, add the cream cheese and stir through until completely melted.

Hey was anyone watching Oprah the other day when they had Miley Cyrus part 2? Apparently her real name is Destiny Hope but they used to call her Smiley when she was a baby and it turned into Miley. Kinda cute really!

Pregpan, re the BFing, I'm going to continue as far into the second year as we're both happy to do it - although if this nipple pain continues that will erode my determination I'm sure. I BFed DD1 until a week off 18 mths and that was a really good time for both of us I think.

Jazah, yes the list is longer than the number of days left for him to do it. I'm cranky because I gave him the list fully 2 months ago and as usual he has left it all to the last week. Which just adds to my general moody pre-departure angst!

YUMO MD I will be trying your risotto tomorrow thats for sure. Sounds like something Maddie would like, and I've got all the ingredients which is always good. Hate having to go out to get one thing for a recipe. Bum I missed Miley Cyrus...I really like her!

While we are sharing names my other two girls ones are Manaia or Myah (yes I like the letter M hahaha) Goddd I am getting so clucky it aint funny!

hi girls

i have been so so sick.

hayley- you would've totally been over your cluckiness if you'd seen me last night doubled over the toilet chucking my guts up. this is way way worse than last time! i like your M name theme. i like maya and mya....

md- i love that in your naming suggestions you included Grace. very funny....now i think i may have come up with the name. i really really like it and i can't get it out of my head. it wasn't actually from your list, but thank you anyway. i'm thinking i might keep it all as a surprise for you all though. give you something to look forward to

sherie- thanks for the tips on the clothes. how is the quality? are they like PP?
    hope your scan goes ok

pregpan- thanks for the muffin idea. will have to give that a go. i'm so jealous of you girls meeting up

ohh lewis has just woken. bbl for more personals xoxxo

Hi Girls,

Jazmum- the chicken and potato balls sound really yummy
    MD- I am going to make your rissotto
    rainy- Hope you feel better soon are you going to find out the sex

Oh better go and do some work

Hi Girls!

G: oohh you poor thing! m/s is in full swing i see! i have to say that with Leila i was pretty lucky. no vomiting but just day long nausea. have you ripped out the ginger tea yet?? or the ginger biccies?

Sherie: i really hope your scan is positive. have been thinking of you for the last day.

MD, Cally and Pregpan: yep, someone needs to take initiative! is manuka ok for a meeting spot for everyone? cause if our indecision remains we can just meet at the front of coles at 10am and go from there...there is always that place that was once called joes the grocer...cant remember the new name. we could sit outside under the heaters...or inside if there's room. there's loads of options there on a weekend, so we could just stroll until we find somewhere nice?
    I how much do i LOVE oprah!!! my office mate is doing her PhD on Oprah, so we have great chats!!

H: oh dear! cluckiness can only lead to one thing! LOL!! DH has told me that our next child cannot start with a L or end with a vowel (i think he wants as un-Italian name as possible...). that said, if its a boy will have to be Nico as i really like it. but girl could be Astrid...
    at least it's not Sunday Rose...

JaZMum: love the chicken and potato balls idea! do you use chicken mince?

Ange: i love Agnes waters too! i grew up in Gladstone which is just a hop, skip and a jump from there, so we used to have alot of school holidays there!

Pregpan: I do fingers for the haloumi. i powder them with flour first too so they cook nice on the outside.

AFM: well leila is finding her own will. we have had a number of tantrums. i wasnt expecting them so soon! she is refusing to allow us to feed her with a spoon. it all has to be done by her...read: mess splattered everywhere. and she gets really upset if you take things away from her or move them out of her reach. also, she has taken to trying to touch things she knows shes not allowed to and sneakily looks over her shoulder to see if i am watching and if i am she'll reach out for it and watch for my reaction...egad.
    this morning DH was feeding her her brekkie and as the spoon came up to her she blew on it, spreading it all over his face. was pretty hilarious, but still! arrghhh!
    OH and i forgot, we had our first public tantrum in a shop...we were in baby bunting looking at various things (namely the wheely bug). and she was having a ball trying all the toys, then it was time to go....we are talking screaming, lunging for the floor and scratching...oh joy, oh happiness! what will it be like when she hits 14?!!

sorry for the ranting! just a whole new world of experiences happening here for me!

hi everyone
    i'm just going to get everyone's lunch ready and i'll come back and post the recipe .
    eta - back again
    Clare - wow - your first shop tanty!!!!! poor you did you leave the shop feeling all flustered, or did you handle it calmy? i've often tried to look calm and in control on the outside, but i can feel my face go hot and red lol.

Finger Picking Chicken and Potato Balls (taken from Annabel Karmels' 'Feeding your baby and toddler')

125g potatoes chopped
    125g parnsips chopped
    3tbsp vegetable oil
    1/2 small onion
    1 carrot - grate
    125g boneless chicken breast cut into chunks
    large knob of butter
    flour for coating

1. put the potatoes and parsnips in a pan, cover with water, bring to the boil and then simmer, covered for 12-15 minutes or until tender
    2. meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add the onion and carrot, and saute for 4-5 minutes. add the chicken and continue to saute for about 10 minutes or until cooked through
    3. drain the potatoes and parsnips and mash with half the butter until smooth. Finely chop the chicken, onion and carrot in a food processor and mix with the mashed vegies.
    4. Form the mixture into about 24 walnut-sized balls. Spread the flour on a plate and use to coat them. Heat the remaining oil and butter in a frying pan, add the meatballs and saute until golden.

suitable for freezing and " a rich source of beta-carotene, folate and protein".

i just found the Annabel Karmel website - it has some yummy looking recipes on there.
    Last edited by Patooties; July 10th, 2008 at 02:48 PM.

hi everyone!! i am SURE i did a big postthis morning - but it isnt there LOL!! no wonder no one replied!! ha ha!! maincrux was a dilemma i amhaving re my fdc lady givingnoah 'treats' - ALL THE TIME!!! any idea how i handle this??? i went into more depth but i cant type it all out again!! lol sorry!!
    canberra meet up ladies - ok how about we go to manuka fine foods as Clare suggests (this was jones the grocer) - we can meet there at 10 on sat. for those whomay not know it it is in palmerston lane, opposite mest hairdressers (youwill see just qtly on the main street (opp coles building) and it is pretty muchnext to it up the laneway. does that work? i cant wait to meet you all!!!
    N is going through sep anx i think - wakes up crying in the night and just wants us to cuddle him orbe near... it is awful!! we tried co-sleep (yes i have finally convinced DH this is OK) but ithink he thinks that is play time...help!!! do i just have to ride this out???
    Clare - oh no onthe tantrums - nightmare!!!
    MM - how is Hayley going withthe crawling??? N still showing no signs so I think she will beat him!! oops i mean how is maddie going LOL, i reckon you pretty much would have it down pat yourself!!
    JAz - LOVE that recipe, will give it a go soon.. yummo!!! i just got ingredients for thai chicken patties which i am hoping N will eat - if so will let you girls know how to make them!
    Rainy - POOR YOU!!! anycravings yet?? aside from chicken salt of course!!!how is L?
    well the rash N has seems tobe clearing - no idea what that was!!!
    Noni - how are you and DP?
    Renee - how are you honey??

i have my 1st night away from N on tues (melbs for work) - nervous about that already!

Yumo Jazmum, theres so I want to cook. I'm off to make leek & potato soup and MD's rissotto in a min! Will have to try the chicken balls tomorrow.

Gracie - Oh no sorry to hear about your MS. Have you tried the herbal tablets? Actually I remember when I had MS with Maddie at the time I thought I am never doing this again. You soon forget though dont you hehe. I didnt tell work till I was 15 wks so I spent most of my day running to the loo and gagging at my desk, trying to go unnoticed LMAO. Ohh you poor thing hopefully it wont last long.

Clare - Far out little cheeky thing she is hehe. Did you get a wheely bug? I have noticed that Maddie is starting to throw tanties these days, much the same as Leila, when we take a toy off her she lets us know. Isnt that funny my DP is exactly the same, he has an Italian sounding last name so wants a more Australian first name. I am so set on Vienna but DP keeps saying nooo its too Italian! I dont get it, why do these Italian boys think this way I thought they'd be proud!? lol.

Leemar - Hope you arent too flat out at work.

Pregpan - We posted around the same time! She is still on all fours rocking about, I say give her another few weeks and she'll be off. N wont be too far behind, this just came completely out of the blue with Maddie. Hope the night time wake ups pass soon. What kinda treats is the carer giving to N? Gosh thats a hard one but you are going to have to tell her if you arent happy with it. Or at least say to her to limit the treats.

I need toy ideas ladies, what is good at this age? I've noticed Maddie might be needing some new toys as the ones she has are for much younger bubs. I'm also going to put some things on layby for chrissy & bday seeing as its all on sale.

I started using snugglers over the past couple of days, just during the day & for use at daycare. She now has a horrible nappy rash, she's never had one this bad before. Well I assume its the snugglers (using huggies again now) but I guess it could also be teeth? I put her on the playmat yesterday with nothing on her bottom with heaps of towels, and she piddled lol. Had to laugh!

Also I think M is having a growth spurt, for the past 4 nights she has woken at 5am (pretty much on the dot) and wont go back to sleep unless she has a bottle. Do you think its a spurt or habit now? I tried the dummy so many times and cuddling her back, but she wakes 5 mins later. She must be hungry right?
    Last edited by Isadora; July 10th, 2008 at 03:56 PM.

pregpan- i guess you don't want to put the carer off-side, but you might have to let her know that you'd prefer he didn't have extra treats. Maybe tell her that you'll put some extra food in if she thinks he's still hungry.
    i wish i was going to Canberra on saturday. That will be so cool!!!!!!

mm - could the nappy rash be waking her? She could possibly be waking up hungry as well. (wouldn't it be great if they could tell us what was wrong!!)

Jazmum, I dont think its the NP waking her as she has been waking before she even got it. Ah well the joys of being a mum hey? I guess I just dont want this to become an everyday habit.

MD - I made your risotto, YUMO. Where did you get the idea to put cream cheese through it, I would have never have thought of that! Have to make extra next time for DP and myself, we have potato & leek soup which I love but its nothing compared to the risotto tonight

hi all
    the treats arent anything TOO terrible - custard, jelly, milk arrowroots - t is just more that i dont know what he has had so i sometimes give them to him as well and that is rather a lot... also you may have guessed i am a bit of a foodie and i kinda like deciding what he has LOL! i will say something next time she mentions it... it is hard though!
    well i made thai chicken cakes for N (and us) tonight and he loved them - i thought they may be too spicy but he ate it, i think i would make them less spicy for him next time though as i think he did find them a bit spicy. anyway in case you are interested here is what i added to the mix (just mix it all up and pan fry them) - chicken mince 1kg, whole bunch corriander chopped v v fine, 4 kaffir lime leaves chopped fine, 2 eggs, 4 tbsp fish sauce, 3 tbsp thai green curry paste (woudl halve this next time so not so spicy).. they are delicious! i broke it into smaller bits and left on high chair tray - 1.5 of them demolished!! piggy piggy!

hi ladies

i'm feeling a little better now. thanks for all your concern. i've just enjoyed a strawberry freddo, very nice

um, not much to tell around here. dp is heading up to sydney for the weekend so i'm going to stay at my dad's cos i don't like being here by myself at night. i get too scared!

i told the girls at mothers group today that i was pg and one of them said 'buggar!'. how rude is that??

your meetup sounds fantastic canberra girls. wish we could come!

pregpan- yes you are a foodie!

clare- yes i know what you mean about the tantrums. lewis always grabs dp's beer and then chucks an absolute tanty when we take it off him. the funniest was the other day, dp opened a fresh beer and lewis grabbed it off him and put his mouth around the top of the bottle and then vomitted in it! so funny!

G, that's a dash of rude with a whole lot of jealously for good measure. Don't let her stress you - you're not pg to rub anyones nose in it. glad you're feeling a bit better too. The clothes are better quality than PP I think. I have been disappointed with their quality of late anyway actually - they are starting to get a bit cheap and nasty now I reckon. The shirts were made from egyptian cotton, so I think they will wash really well.

Just quick from me as I have to get the kids in bed, so sorry for lack of personals, but a big hello to you all

Scan wasn't too bad - I do have a cyst on my left ovary, which is also larger than my right one, but it was like that when I had my first lap done anyway, so not surprised at that. I have an appointment with my Dr next wed once the results are back to him but it is likely that I will need another lap surgery done.

Where did you get the idea to put cream cheese through it, I would have never have thought of that!
    Hehe Just a little moment of MD genius...savor it while it lasts!

Pregpan I want to come and sit in Noah's highchair and eat his dinner . Posh nosh! Soooo looking fwd to meeting you on Sat morning, I know the place you are talking about too so no direction anxiety from MD! I think with the FDC lady you will just need to be direct and say you would prefer that he only eats from the lunchbox you send. The first of many situations where a little bit of parental assertiveness will go a long way!

Toy ideas that are good for this age, MM - jack in the box (still looking for one of these myself), walker toys, toys with strings that they can pull along, balls and cylinders to roll, toys that demonstate cause and effect (ie press this button, spin this dial and xyz happens) also more physical toys like things they can climb on, crawl through, walk along with (wagons, ride on toys that they can push, etc). Things they can stack and knock down (blocks, stacking rings, stacking cups) and soon toys they can fit through holes (ie tupperware shape sorter thingy). Also I reckon musical toys (real maracas, hitting sticks, etc) are good from now on if my two noise-making children are anything to go by! LOL

Rainy, yeah I had a funny moment where I decided to write Grace anyway cos it would give you a giggle!

Clare far out I can't believe you grew up in Gladstone, that's where my DH comes from. I won't share my less than complimentary feelings about the town LOL. I also can't believe that your office mate is doing a phD on Oprah - mannnnnnn! Why didn't I think of that. Is that a communications stream or something else?

OK, better go, got some ebay deals going off tonight and I don't want to get distracted and forget them. Trill let us know how today went, hun. Thinking of you. xxx
    ETA - just saw you posted. Buggar (note correct use of word, Rainy's mother's group lady!!!) about possibly needing another lap surgery!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast