Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #34

thanks sherie .hugs for lap
    how does it work with the us exchange rate? like if it says $24.95 how much would that work out to be?

you're so funny md

Last edited by Ginger; July 10th, 2008 at 07:56 PM.

Hi Girls,

just a quick one from me before i go out for the night (yes, have convinced DH to stay at home with leila while i head out with the girls!!!). bit worried about the gale force winds though...

Sherie: bummer about the scan. at the very least, it's positive that it doesnt appear to be any worse. (trying to find a silver lining, amongst the news of another lap!).

MD: ha ha!! yeah i dont have too many kind things to say about good old gladrock. thankfully i got out early and only have to go back to visit some friends and family...

we are all doing media and communications at uni...great excuse to watch movies and tv!

anyway best dash as DH is back and i am out!

Just a quick one from me tonight I have been on the go all day and am buggered.

Clare I hear you on the tantrums L has been realy bad this week too, thankfully no public ones yet.

Rainy yummo on the Freddo strawberry is my favourite. Good to hear your feeling better. What did you say to the rude cow at mothers group?

MD what are you buying on ebay this time?

Pregpan and Jaz & MD those meals sound delish, I am going to have to print them all out.

Trillian fingers crossed you don't need the lap.

MM I hope Miss M's rash clears up. Logan has nappy rash too, his top tooth is cutting and his bottom is so red and sore.

Hi to everyone else. Where is Arte??

Not much happening here, heaps of first birthday parties to go to soon though. I have to print out the invites for L's and then decide on his cake. I am looking forward to making it. I am sure there is something I am forgetting, I will have to jump back on if it comes to mind.

Have a good night

we are all doing media and communications at uni...great excuse to watch movies and tv!
    Mannnnn why didn't I think of THAT!!! LOL ETA, Rainy, what do you reckon, you and I could combine forces and do a PhD on foxtel! ROFL

Katie, I just scored another safety gate (pickup in my suburb, that's handy) and a grobag but missed the playpen. Which is ok because I was feeling ambivalent about it anyway.

Maybe Arte's been snowed in completely and is living on cold baked beans eaten by the light of candles...???

BTW - meant to say - me too with the tantrums! No public ones yet, though I'm sure it will come. We had a funny moment today when I was a bit slow handing over a finger of banana and she bellowed and trembled with rage. I was PMSL and wished I got on video cos it would've been a funny home prize winner for sure!

Rain- What an odd reaction, she must be jelous! I really sympathise with your sickness, i hope it doesn't last. I too remember clearly saying "i am never going to be pregnant again" i can remember saying it but i certinaly dont remember the emotions that accompanied it! I guess that's why we go back for more.
    $US24.95 is about $26. The exchage rate is around 0.95 at the moment. Although when you use a credit card i often find it is lower than that. But even at 90c it's still only about $27.

Tril- Bummer on more surgery, surgery anytime is never fun.

MD- Great toy ideas, Lu would love a jack-in-box. She really loves things where she gets a result from pushing, poking or shaking. She really loves her wooden trolley too.
    Another toy that they are a little young for, but with your help they love is puppets. We have a few and she loves them. Good luck on ebay, i love the last 60 seconds, i get so excited!

Preg- That's a hard situation, but i would say something again. Or maybe just include more snacks for him. At mothers group today one, one of the mum's put custard cream from a beesting on her finger and gave it to Lu. To begin with she has a horrible sinus infection she is on AB's for and i have never given Lu anything like that before. I was speechless! I kind of just babbled "oh thanks, but she doesn't need any of that!" I wish people wouldn't feed our children things they think are fine without asking.

MM- We had 5am wakings for a week, and now it is 6am. The old 7am was much more civilised! She is teething though, number 6 on the way.

I made a yummo cauliflower and corn chowder today which the little lady devoured. I was a little surprised as it had a tsp of mustard in it, but she loved it. DH thought it was alright too!

I didn't want to rain on Rainy's parade! and i wanted to keep a secret, but it is killing me. Thought i'd just share with my new friends in here!
    I too am baking another bun. I am 5 weeks today. Very early and i have had a couple of m/c in the past. So not getting too excited just yet. I know a few gals IRL in some other threads so will keep my secret from them. Although at the rate i'm going it wont be for too long! Phew................feels better already!

yah!!!!!
    i'm so glad you told Ange!!! it was killing me that i couldn't talk to you about it publicly
    congrats again. what is your due date?
    i haven't been for my dating scan yet so i don't know. imagine if we were due on the same day!
    i'm sooooo happy for you and dh

Thanks Rainey! Due the 12th of march. Only time AF has visited was weeks ago, but calculated from only possible date of conception......
    I had a BFN when you first got a BFP, so i would guess you are a week or so ahead of me. But ya never know what's going to happen come crunch time!

yeah i think i'm due february. i don't know though!
    our babies are going to get married

Omg HOW EXCITING ANGE!!! and for you!!

OMG Ange!!!!!!! Congratulations hunny! What excellent news, I'm really happy for you. *tsk tsk* for keeping it a secret from us though So how have you been feeling so far?

G, I think you are further than what you think you are - my money is on you being about 6wks already. The exchange rate is fab ATM, like Ange said. So it is definately worth getting stuff - they have a huge sale on ATM of summer stuff because they are opposite seasons to us which is perfect. The most exxie item I got for Alister was $17.99 for a button through shirt which wasn't on sale - everything else was $12 or under (US). Plus you get 'gymbucks' so you get $25 for every $50 you spend with them which covers your postage the next time you buy (and I already have my next shopping list ready LMAO) - but on the coupon I got it said in store only, but the friend who got me onto it said she used it - so not sure what the go is there. Postage was $30 for $125 worth of stuff - so the more you buy the better off you are postage wise kwim?

And BTW - you two aren't to go running off to your new belly buddies group just yet either - we want you here for a bit longer

Marydean, i would have loved to have seen Miss E's tanty - she is going to be a gold medal winner at it from the sounds of it LOL.

well my friend has gone home so i am just jumping on to try and catch up a bit
    CONGRATULATIONS ANGE
    sherie - i second that! no running away just because you have a new group now!!
    md - we have a bit of a tantrum queen here too maybe they could have a tantrum off haha..
    katie - i just made the invites on the comp the other day for ashas party still have to decide whether i will buy more ink and print at home or just take them somewhere lol ashas cake is going to be a butterfly
    clare - enjoy your girls night woooohooooo
    rain - yumm were u talking about strawberry fredos now i want one!! hope your not suffering too much with the sickness!!!
    pregpan - i know what u mean about the treats at fdc i used to wonder about some of the things they gave the kids at the childcare centre i worked at too much sugar imo.. like md said tho a little parental assertiveness will take u a long way in that kind of situation.
    haley - everytime i give asha nappy free time she pees lol it makes me hesitant which is silly lol oh well hope the rash clears up asap!

Congratulations Ange!!!!!!!! How exciting!!! I too will send you some How wonderful that you and Rainy get to share the journey together.
    I want to go to Canberra, and i want to go on the journey with Rainy and Ange!!!!!!!! (that was just a little tanty from me - can't let the babies have all the fun lol)

sherie - I don't know too much about Lap surgery - how long do you have to spend in hospital, and will it mean that you need bed rest for a while afterwards?
    md - yay on the wins. You sound like a friend of mine who always gets a good bargain.
    clare - hope you're having great night.
    hi noni

nightie-night everyone

Hi Noni! How have things been for you hun?

Jaz, its a day surgery, done through three keyhole incisions - they bloat your yummy up with gas and they use a camera to see what they are doing and burn/cut off any lesions etc. The last time I had it done it was a good few weeks before I felt right again and I did get residual pain in my shoulder from the gas as it can travel around your body. It was about 3wks after before I could drive with no pain from the seatbelt - that alone swore me off having a c/s ever LOL. So it is minor surgery in a way, but it varies for recovery time - some women are fine in a day or two. I'm hoping I recover better this time though now I have kids to look after kwim?

just jumped on to say........CONGRATULATIONS ANGE!!!! That is fantastic news! WOW and so nice that you & RF get to share the journey again.

Ohhhh I am extra clucky now LOL

RF - My gosh how rude! Did she look bad after she said it, like it slipped out? I couldnt imagine saying anything but congrats to someone announcing a pregnancy!!?? Maybe she is trying again with no luck, still to say 'bugger' is not nice.

Ange congratulations what fantastic news.

How great is it that Ange and Rainy get to share their journey together. Wonderful news for both of you. I am with Trillian though in saying that you two need to stick around here for a little while. I am so clucky now.

Clare I hope you had a good night out. Lucky you having a night with the girls.

Better run loads to do this morning. Have a great day everyone.

ahhhh winge winge winge is all i hear lately!! not sure if its teething or shes sick but theres heaps of winging and she sleeps at weird hours now sleeping a long sleep through when she would normally have dinner as well as some horrible poos a few times a day now instead of her one before.. eeek idk if i should take her to the dr or what...
    lol @ u all being clucky i soooo couldnt handle another baby yet!!! and the way asha acted around us when we held my friends bub i dnt think shes anywhere near ready yet either lol..
    sherie - things have been pretty good thanks to having my best friend here from melbourne.. now that shes gone its all back to reality lol.. our car died yesterday and we are still in the loan process so just another thing to add lol ahhhh well over all things are pretty good.. sorry to hear about the surgery

Congratulations Ange!!! Sticky vibes out to you.

Trillian - hope the lap surgery sorts you out.

I think I know where we are going tomorrow - will call MD if I get lost. Otherwise I'll just look out for the other two girls with matching prams - and the little boy with that full head of black curly hair!!

DD has just gone for a sleep so I'd better go and have a shower before my sister and I hit the Canberra Centre with the bubs for some shopping!

Hope everyone else is good.

Hi Girls,

ANGE- CONGRATULATIONSSENDING YOU STICKY VIBES
    Sherie- hope your lap goes well.
    Noni- Bummer on your car.. I hope they hurry up and process your loan quicker for you.
    clarie- Have a great night out
    To all the girls meeting up tomorrow Have a Great Day.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast