Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

Luckily W wasn't getting into anything - I found him kicking his ball across the lounge LMAO

Ozstar, bummer about the bath. We don't have one in this house and W is having bathtime in a plastic storage tub from Supercheap Auto lol

MM, I was following the pregnancy of the BB member that you were talking about, I cried when I read her second bub had passed away. It just isn't fair.

Trill, good to hear that you are slightly less elephant lady today. I was wondering if W's dinner was making him a bad sleeper, but last night he only had a couple of bites and still woke up the standard 6 times. I guess he will grow out of it eventually?

Rainy, you jinxed yourself saying you were going to wait to TTC, hope you haven't jinxed yourself again by saying you were only having two kids lol, there could be an extra hiding in there

Renee, how are you? Is Rory feeling better?

Noni, how is Asha's rash going?

OMG I saw the eurotrike the other day and it is really cool. Is there much difference between the eurotrike and smarttrike? I think we are going to get one either for his birthday or christmas. I love that it has a seatbelt, I put him in it at the shop and he thought it was fantastic.

Bluddy hell, there have been builders here all last week and today moving the garage and fixing the driveway, they keep waking W up with all the banging and earthmoving gear. I wish they would p1ss off.

Re food, W has about 1/2 cup per meal, if that. He seems to be dropping day feeds, he will now only feed to sleep. The other day we were out all day and he wouldn't drink (only attaches for a couple of secs), so he only had a feed before we got out of bed and then at night when he went to bed. He ate nearly a whole banana in one go that day though lol

Does anyone know if they grow out of feeding to sleep? Will he self-wean if that is the only way he can get to sleep? I can't see it ever ending.

Will is helping me get him undressed now, I pull an arm out of his top and he will grab the body part and pull it over his head. He is growing up way to fast, he isn't a baby at all now

I am having my first ever paranoid parent trip to the doctors tomorrow. W has been really grumpy today and wakes up with hot flushed cheeks. It is probably teeth again, but I saw him sleeping holding his ear and I want to get it checked because I would hate to assume it is teeth and leave an ear infection.

Grrr, awake again thank you builders.

arte- i am completely freaking out that there is 2 in there!!!!!
    i told dp that if it's twins i'm never working again and i'm hiring a nanny!

looking very forward to getting a scan just to clear my head of that one...

lmao @ supercheap auto. it sounds like you and i are having very similar issues regarding bfing to sleep. does he really wake up 6 times a night or did you make that up? i'm too scared to admit it to anyone but i reckon lewis probably feeds about that many times in the night. i don't count or really wake up for most of them. have you read 'no cry sleep solution'? she has this method of taking them off the bb before they are asleep so they learn to fall asleep on their own. she said 'you might have to try it 3-5 times'...well....let me tell you....i reckon i tried it 30-50 times before i wrote it off as a bad joke., it's doing my head in a bit cos i feel like i'm made lewis too dependant on me iykwim? and it's my fault that he wakes up so much now..

arte - i think that's a good call taking him to the doctor. Hopefully he doesn't have an ear infection though. Bummer about the tradies waking W up. How much longer are they going to be at your place?

rainy - does L use a dummy? Up until a month ago i was feeding H when she woke throught the night. Now i just pop her dummy back in and she usually goes back to sleep - otherwise i snuggle up into bed with her. L sleeps with you guys doesn't he?
    Last edited by Patooties; July 21st, 2008 at 02:21 PM.

Arte, definately take him to the Dr. It could be just teeth, but if it is an ear infection it is best to get on top of it now instead of when he is screaming in pain from it because by golly they are painfully cruel for little ones.

G, LOL at you getting a nanny if it's twins. I reckon it's a precious strawberry one Its amazing how much even a few hours unbroken sleep can do for you isn't it?

jaz- yeah he sleeps with us. what kind of dummy do you use? we've tried a couple of different types with lewis and he just sort of chews on them and then spits them out- won't suck them.

sherie- one strawberry one would be just lovely thank you!

Rainy, it is seriously 6 times a night. A fantastic night is 3-4 times, but it is not uncommon for it to be 6+ and that isn't even counting the couple of times he wakes before I go to bed. I only semi wake most of the time, but sometimes I try to keep count so I can tell if he is improving or not. From 4-8 months he woke hourly, it was a miracle if he slept for two straight hours so he is better than he was. I have the no cry sleep solution book, but I have always pulled him off the boob just before he is asleep and it hasn't done anything for us. I don't know of any solution and am just hoping that as he gets older he will sleep better lol. I seriously don't know what else to do, everyone tells me the only option is to leave him to cry which I won't do. LMAO about freaking out about two. My first thought at my scan with W was 'thank god there is only one'. My hat is off to Leanne, I don't think I could manage twins.

JaZaH, no idea how much longer they will be here. I had no idea it would take 6 full days just to move a single garage. I would be super p1ssed if it was me paying for it lol, the bill is going to be massive.

ETA Trill, I am always paranoid about ear infections since DH had a lot when he was little, as well as ear ulcers whatever they are. I have heard that kids are more likely to get them if their parents did.

Rainy, W won't take a dummy either. I don't like them but tried in desperation once but he spat it straight back out.
    Last edited by Artechim; July 21st, 2008 at 02:34 PM.

Hi Girls,

Rainy- lol at you having twins... Welcome to my world... its not all that bad. hehehehehehe.
    Prepan- I know how you are feeling hope N gets better soon.
    Sherie- Yep we seem to be ok for now.. dont want to jinx myself..
    Art- Hope W is Ok

Hello to everyone

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA a bit, DH left in the middle of the night (it seemed) on Fri am, and I've had a horribly sick little bubba ever since. Clinging, high pitched crying, can't put her down all day, waking every 20 mins, dodgey breathing in the middle of the night, the whole caboodle. I think she actually had croup but I managed to stave off a bad attack by having the steamer going before it got to that. 2 x Drs weren't much help because they based it on their examination NOT my description of how she was overnight (!! Bluddy MEN). Then she slept really well last night and I spent half the night awake worrying that I'd inadvertantly given her too much medecine (mummy paranoia). Anyway it hasn't done much for my hyper-vigilant-now-DH-is-away nerves so I'm really trying to chill out now.

Pregpan, be kind to yourself. The first year in CC is legendary for the constant run of illness, Noah's body is just getting used to it then he'll be better able to stave it off in future. BTW don't fret he's not crawling, some bubs never do and they just skip straight ahead and walk. He'll move when he's good and ready!

Trill - ah sorry to hear about your Elephantitis! Sounds awful, glad it's starting to come good. BTW I was reading you put Noni Hazelhurst in the thread about celeb mums and I had a giggle cos she's who I would've said! LOL

Well I'm feeling a bit behind the 8-ball because we are getting a ride on but not a trike for E's 1st birthday. H didn't get her first trike until the Christmas she turned 18mths and TBH I'd rather wait a bit and get a larger, sturdier one.

Rainy, Oh my dear it must def be your preggy hormones you're normally such a gentle soul! I was barracking for Trav to be in the final three but I'd rather Alice or Terri won. I really hope Rory doesn't get it because I'm sick of the lowest-common-denominator blokey-bloke winning (except for last year of course).

Clare haha about being glad DH is in the gong for BB tonight. Grab that silver lining wherever you can hun. Have you reached a decision about staying or going or is it too early for that?

Cally can I have a copy of your transcribed cookery book, thanks? I haven't jotted them down but wish I had because I'm running short on inspiration. Latest success was simply to put a couple of chicken drummies in a small covered casserole with some large chunks of veggies, covered in an inch of liquid, then slow baked while our dinner was heating up in the oven. The meat and veggies came out so soft and yummy, I just shredded it all together and E loved it.

Ange E loves the toilet too, she loves banging on the lid. . *sigh* I try to keep her out of there but she's as fast as lightening! LOL

BTW I saw that Oprah show with the lady's insanely tidy house. And then they raved on about how fabulous it was for such a "small house" THEN she said the house was 700 sq meters and I was like, HOLY CRAP that's the size of my entire house PLUS my entire large back and front yards back home in Adel. NOT a small house, it's a McMansion!! My house would be tidy too if I had an additional 300 sq meters of storage space!

Sorry for all the personals I've missed. Brainio's gone to mush. Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes, DH owes me a night out when he gets home, that's for sure!

ETA - Hats off to you Arte and Rainy with the getups. That was how often E was getting up too so I sooo believe you about that. I tried some of the suggestions in that book and then after a bit nothing worked, not even feeding her (she would just rewake all the time). One thing that did make a difference (in how frequently she wakes) was doing some extra day feeds. Going to a quiet room so she actually has a good feed and re-offering even when she's distracted. I've also backed off on how much fruit and non-starchy veg she was having, in favour of more energy-dense foods. Apparently she was hungry because her weight gain had flattened out and she had a huge weight gain the week I made the changes. With DD1 we were able to settle her back to sleep in the rocking chair after a quick drink from the sippy cup but that didn't work at all with E.

md maybe the fruit is a factor for N as well - I am up with him quite a bit too and am finding nothing works to settle now, we have to sit and holdhim for AGES!!! (this is when he doesnt have a cold). what energy dense foods do you mean?
    suggestions would be great - N does have alot of fruit.

hIYA cHICs!

wow i haven't been on here for so long. i have been SOOOO busy. selling our house, starting back at TAFE etc.
    T is still not crawling but able to get around. she is pulling herself up onto things so it wont be long b4 she walks no doubt.

hope all is going well for everyone.

xxooo i will log on soon!

SupaB - we will have to catch up for coffee one day...we're moving back to Adel in 09!

Pregpan - ok, so I use a little bit of veggie like carrot or beetroot, but make sure there's more potato, sweet potato, oats, rice, couscous, etc and just a bit of the other. Same goes for fruit - i'm still giving it but I use more cereal and less fruit. I'm also doing things like adding cheese, cream cheese and a small knob of butter or oil when I'm cooking. Just a little bit, kwim? Adding more calories without adding too much more bulk.

Awesome News Md

Hi SupaB!!! Great to see you pop in. Sounds like you've been keeping yourself super busy

Hey Marydean, have been thinking about you. Maybe this Friday you should start soup night again? Alister is exactly the opposite with his food - starchy, heavier foods give him a belly ache, but fruit and greens (broccoli, spinach and peas) seem to be fine. Rice is OK too, as are oats. We did try him on a little bit of cheese once, but he didn't like it much LOL. I've got no idea how much he weighs to know if a diet change would affect it at all. I think his weight would stay the same regardless of what I gave him.

Pregpan, my nephew can't handle eating a lot of fruit - makes him virtually uncontrollable with his behaviour.

So much for DH going back to work - he spent the day in bed today and has now taken himself off to the hospital. He has a shocking cough and is really struggling to breathe. He's using his ventolin every hour and it only helps for about 10 minutes. Hopefully they can see him quickly and sort him out tonight. Fingers crossed they don't make him have a sleepover.

Snot bubbles - lots of them happening here! Especially when I take her away from the rubbish bin or playing in the bathroom and the crying starts. We are having full on tantrums too, head laying on the floor, arms flailing. Kind of funny to see her doing them!

Supa B - welcome back, I've got McLeods booked in to record on Wed night.

Pregpan - I am so not looking forward to the sicknesses that will come once she's at care, I'm sure N will be fine, he's just going through a rough patch.

We are getting the supertrike because it's a bit cheaper than the euro, more seat padding and I liked the colours more.

Rainy - have everything crossed there's only one in there!

Well going to go and watch something girly and snuggle up with the cat and a hot chocolate.

Hi again Girls!

As you can tell by my more than one a day posts DH is away LOL!! i can sit here as looonggg as i like!!

although am currently missing Big Brother so will keep it snappy he he he.

woot woo!!! great to hear from you MD!!! i was starting to think you had abandoned us! LOL! no nothing that drastic!!
    poor wee thing being so sick. it really really sucks bum. no other way to describe it.
    unfortunately if i had all that 'space' it would be full of crap still. we are living in the most bluddy narrow vic terrace known to mankind. things are just spewing from everywhere!

SupaB: welcome back! it has been AGES! ha ha, nothing like doing everything all at once!

Cally: oh dear! i hope that your DH is ok!! it sounds pretty intense. there are just soo many bugs going around ATM.

Rainy: ha ha! poor trav, he didnt stand a chance with you around! he was rather annoying though. i would like terri or ben to get it.

AFM: well it would appear that the tooth fairy has finally appeared for leila and has given her some teeth!! YAY!! the two bottom ones are battling it out for pole position ATM.

Also, dear stella is sick and i just spent a bomb at the vets....uuuurrghh. turns out she also has the flu. oh happy days!

Sorry for everyone that i have missed i can hear kyle in the background and need to get back to it!!

hi supab - everytime i see an ad for mcleods i think of you and wonder how you're going. glad you're doing well

cally - your poor dh - i hope he's ok.

clare - i hope Stella doesn't stay unwell for too long. When Ollie went back into the bb house tonight it made me cry. how cute is he!!!!!

md - i hope things settle at your house tonight. Poor little E.

re the trike - we're getting that one because we take the girls on bike rides, and it will be good to be able to push Hannah around on one also. When Zoe was little, i remember pushing her bike around with a big stick that we'd found - so she could keep up with Jess.

eta - yaayyy Terri!!!!!! I wouldn't have minded if Rory had won though - he did have a sensitive side.

Have to keep it short but want to give a shout out to a few people...

Rainy - Lmao at you wanting to slap Travis!! His voice makes me laugh I think he is so funny haha! Yes I know what you mean, when you hear other peoples sad stories it makes you smarten up and realise how lucky you are.

MD - Sorry to hear E has been sick and two docs have casually brushed off your worries. Has she improved at all?

Pregpan - Maddie has been exactly the same as Noah with sickness. I think once they get a bad bug their immune system is really weaked, and therefore they just pick up everything. Its really hard I know and you so arent doing anything wrong. Once Summer arrives N will fine again, I am forever crossing my fingers after daycare that M doesnt get sick. Its terrible isnt it. As for crawling, I cant exactly say M is crawling yet either, she kinda moves around in her own little way & rocks on all fours. N will get there eventually and you will wonder why you worried hehe. Otherwise as others have said maybe he will go straight to walking? I know it is hard when you see other bubs at the same age or even younger doing things your child isnt. From what we've all heard N is absolutely fine and developing really well, try not to worry hun he is 100% on track.

I'm off to bed as we are expecting a bad night. We had a shocker last night and discovered why the next morning, 4 teeth are coming through at once!!! The top two and the ones on either side. M also has a raised rash all over her legs and arms and has had it since this morning, I'm a tad worried but she seems very happy still. We are just keeping a close eye on her for now.

Hope you are all well ladies!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast