Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

Wow it was busy in here last night!

H, definately don't give M any phenergan - not at her age. It lays my kids out for hours when I've had to give it to them for bites and stings. It lays me out even. I would look into getting Brauer's Calm for her if you really needed something for the trip. Plus it's not that long a trip either. I did his invites in publisher and then saved as a JPEG so I can print it like a photo. I will post one to the gallery later.

Awww Jaz, I felt the same way when Lindsay and Erin lost their first teeth too it is a bit sad isn't it?

Gosh, I just read all the posts and can hardly remember a thing LOL.

We will have Alisters party on the 27th because DH is working on the weekend right after his birthday. It will just be a BBQ, but now that all of our friends have had babies over the years there will be more kids there than there was when we did the older kids 1st parties.

Bugger, just wrote a massive post and lost it.

William slept from 11pm - 5am last night, then he wanted to get up so DH played with him for an hour and then he came back to bed and we slept in until 9am! It was fantastic, the best night we have had since December!

For anyone still looking for birthday toy ideas I can't reccommend the ball pit highly enough. Apart from W sitting in it, I turn it upside down and put it on my head and W comes under too and gives me cuddles. I also put it on his head and he sits there peeping with excitement until I 'find' him lol. His new thing to do is to stand up when it is on him and walk around with it hitched over his head. The other thing he is really liking is a shape sorter (although I have to quickly rotate it to match the peice he is holding so he can put it in lol)

Sorry for the lack of personals, don't have time to write it all out again.

hi everyone
    MM - it sounds like M will be OK on the plane... and if she isnt, well it is only 10 hours or so right!!!????? for me, i think i would prefer to put up with the bad time than give him drugs, but that's before i have done a REALLY long flight and while he is ok with flying (hey, he does it every fortnight or so these days...) When are you going again? if it is after i go to bali i will share any tips i have with you then!
    Sherie - sounds like a fun BBQ planned for A - it must be great now most of your friends have kids too. I guess I better get planning for N's bday - i think we will do a party/bbq at home for him here in Canberra and then a BBQ in melbs as well. we were doing a joint one with my nephew in melb but it was getting massive and out of hand, so we canned that idea for now. i want anything to be more about N - so stuff he will enjoy - not 100 adults handling him!!! plus it woul dbe weird for me to have a massive party in melbs when i dont live there anymore...
    Noni - are you feeling any better today? maybe it is iron - i remember you were v low in preg... i have had to go back on my supplements as well and that has helped me feel a lot better. I hope A starts sleepingbetter for you soon - do yuo think she has to take a while to get used to your new house? how are things with DP?
    Kate - GREAT to see you back and Sarah sounds lovely. N is also not crawling, and i'd say he is a long way off.
    Nina - wow not long to go foryour 2nd little man!!! how exciting. how are you feeling about having the 2 of them?
    Rainy - how are you???
    Agnes - ooh shingles sounds awful and to deal with that while preg, id ont envy you. i hope your appt goes well
    MD - how was miss E last night?
    Clare - how is the tonsilitis? i hope you dont have to go more ABs. are you taking aprobiotic as well?

well not a lot of news here... N is going thrugh a totally delicious period again, he is SO happy when i pick him up from FDC... kissingme, giggling and chatting away. lots of MAMA and DADA happening - now teaching him home, bye and more... may regret MORE ha ha ha!! his sleeping is a lot better bu tnot great - he still has 1 onight feed as well as a morning one and feed to sleep. i am starting to do a bottle before bed - i think i need to wean him (no AF back and getting CLOSE to wanting to TTC) so i am doing that gradually. he seems to have adjusted fine to it (sob sob). he has a new friend at FDC a boy about a month older - he is there mon-wed so it is nice for him to have a baby to play with. on thu he gets his carer all to himself until after school - lucky boy!
    am trying to make some new foods for him - will do bolognaise sauce today for us all and also may make some more chicken patties for him, he loved them soooo much! he has been having his salnmon patties every day and loving them for lunch. he also has a real penchant for mushrooms at the moment so i have been cooking a portabella mushy in butter and garlic or grilling with cheese each evening for him and he wolfs it down. a kid liking muchrooms??? wonders will never cease! i am so looking fwd to all 3 of us together tomorrow and all weekend, DH and I have date night this sat!!

OMG JAZAH I just remembered I FORGOT THE TOOTH FOR THE SECOND NIGHT IN A ROW!!! OMG Tooth fairy: you are soooooooo sacked. It fell out at school 2 days ago and yesterday morning DD1 said, "The tooth fairy didn't come last night" and I nearly swore right then and there and now I forgot a second time. AAAAAH Bad Mummy MD!!!

ETA - Arte where did you get the ball pit? Anyone else got one?

Just had to tell you all about the aaaaw moment we had yesterday. I told DH to ring a little earlier so he could talk to DD1, then we put him on speaker phone and E got this delighted look on her face, pointed straight at the phone and said, clear as a bell, "Daddddeeeeeeee"! PRICELESS!!

I wonder if if matters if the toothfairy comes during the day while you're at school?
    Last edited by AnyDream; July 31st, 2008 at 11:16 AM.

Marydean, the tooth fairy is a bit slack here too LMAO! I just told the kids that she must have been super busy, but Lindsay is clued up to whats going on so there's no fooling him LOL. Erin brought it though How cute at E knowing when her Daddy is on the phone.

Pregpan, Alister is getting good at 'see-ya' now when he waves too. Oooohhh at your nearly being ready to TTC again!

Wow Arte, you had a great night with Will last night. Fingers crossed he gives you another one tonight.

OK, I just finished getting stuff for Erin's party bags and I have for each of them 1 pencil with heart eraser on top, 1 note pad, 1 stamp, 1 butterfly folding fan 1 balloon, 1 mini cookie cutter, 1 mini tub play doh, 1 mini paint set (OMG these are so cute!). No lollies at all. I just hope it all fits in the bags I got LMAO. I will do lolly bags for Alisters party though for the few kids that are there because they will be mixed ages and harder to do a bag for like I did Erin's, whereas her guests will all be 5 and 6yo girls LOL.

OK, have uploaded Alister's and Erin's invites and Paige's strawberry shortcake cake. http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ry.php?cat=540

sherie - the invites look fantastic. That's my job for tonight - to make the girls invites. They are having a joint party, but i think i'll do separate invitations for them.

md - naughty toothfairy!! I'm guessing that it isn't H's first tooth? Maybe you can tell her that she had to visit Brisbane last night - for a little girl who just lost her first.

Hi Girls!

Glad to see the chatter in full steam!

Ange: big to you! i hope the shingles clear soon. there's no need for extra stressing about health stuff! it must be the season for bugs and viruses. everyone seems to be coming down with stuff ATM.

Noni: i am really sorry to hear that Asha is having difficult nights. was she like this before the move?

MD: awwwwww, that is so cute of E! ha ha bad tooth fairy...tell your DD that the tooth fairy has a backlog and got stuck doing her taxes! LOL!
    I bought L's ball pit from Kmart for $20. she loves it.

Sherie: wow that cake looks awesome. i am hoping to inflict my baked goods on the guests too, but i have a feeling it will be a disaster. i just cannae do it.

Pregpan: i second sherie's 'ooohhhh!' on the TTC. sounds like a plan is in place!
    and no, i am not taking any supplements. my bad. will have to though as i have just finished the round of abs and tonsilitis feels like it is coming back into full swing. and now i am getting worried as the weight loss is becoming rather scary...my jeans are literally falling off my hips and people are starting to notice...

Arte: WTG W on the sleeping. oh to sleep until 9am...i remember the days when that was normal...

Cally: OMG!! Leila LOVES the duke of york song!!! she just goes hysterical. she also loves the hokey pokey and if you're happy and you know it...although she just claps all the time...

AFM: well, still not any better and now one of my ears is aching...oh joy.
    on the upside leila is all better from the conjunctivitis. the dr prescribed the stuff MM mentioned and it was brillo.
    i am slightly green with envy that some of the bubbas are saying words!! L is understanding stuff, but as yet is still just doing the da da da stuff. the speech pathologist told us that bubbas learning two languages take awhile to say the first word, but i dunno...
    Also, DH is reaching crisis point. i think the stress of starting the new job is hitting him like a tonne of bricks. he can barely sleep and is manically cleaning the house (can't complain about the latter lol!). i find it tricky to get him to just sit back and take stock. does anyone have any tips???

best dash as L is due for a feed at kindy in 20...

Well, had S weighed today and she is 8.4kg. I didn't think that she has put on a lot recently and her growth has slowed down a bit in the last few months. The child health nurse said that's nothing to be too concerned over as she is still in the 50% percentile but she still fits into some 000. Apparently they recommend that they treble their birth weight but age 1 so will keep an eye on that, she seems to be on track.

Ange - Sorry to sound silly but what exactly is shingles...they're related to the chicken pox aren't they. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs. Esp, if you have to take drugs to clear it up.
    Sherie - That cake looks awesome, it looks like you piped all the different colours on separately. That is patient and talent right there. Puts my little edible cake topper to shame I think. Although, I have decided to pipe a bit around the border as well as using chocolate shards around the outside. And well done on the invites also.
    Cass - S is really only making sounds as well. Da da, ma ma, ba ba etc. Nothing that is really distinguishable though. All in due time...we'll be wanting them to 'Be Quiet!' soon enough haha. As for your DH, get him to play with L, take her for a walk , or to a park. He'll have to slow things down to play with her and might relax a bit and enjoy it. Other than that you may just need to have a decent talk to him and get him to voice whats going on (hard for a lot of men but worth a shot)

Anyway, just heard a little munchkin waking up...Back later

Kate, the cake is something I would never do again and trust me when I say my patience was more than tested at times LMAO. So very fiddly, but it did look great. Alister would be lucky to be 9.5kg I reckon - he has to weigh nearly 14kg to have trebled his birth weight, and I can't see tht happening anytime soon. She sounds absolutely perfect.

Clare, what other language are you teaching L? I did hear once that bi-lingual children can speak their languages like a true native if they learn it before the age of 7 because they still have a reasonably soft palate and that allows them to form the sounds properly.

Jaz, are you going to have a themed party for the girls?

thanks Kate! i think that's a great idea to have him do down-time activities that get to 'smell the roses' so to speak lol! and yeah, i think he needs a good chat. we went to the BB centre on the weekend and joined a postnatal emotional support group and he really enjoyed it and felt confident enough to talk to everyone there, so we'll keep that up too.

Sherie: yeah the speech pathologist told us that they will take in both languages really well, and for that reason she may take longer to come out with first words. DH predominantly speaks in italian with her. i am more occasional and generally when i am reading italian books to her. we were told that we had to keep to one language in sentences and all that jazz. it is fairly complicated. the SP even said that we should have one parent as the 'english' one and the other as the 'italian' one for optimal learning, but it just isnt practical for us as we kind of chop and change throughout the day. but thems the the breaks. we want her to be as close as possible to her family in italy, and language will be the big break she needs (also she is an italian citizen so it is only right LOL!).

Hi Girls,

Sherie- Wow those invites look great and the cake is wonderful.
    Kate-Hi and welcome back.
    Ange- Hope you get better soon
    Clare- glad L eyes are better
    Prepan- Glad N is better now.
    Art- WTG W lets hope he does the same tonight.
    OMG my baby girls is 11 mths today.... I also put her on real milk last night and she seems to be going great on it.

Leanne, I was just thinking that today too that Olivia is 11mths. Fancy her being 1 in only another 4wks!

Thanks Noni, Jazmum, Clare, Pregpan, Leanne and Kate for your hugs and concern. I was having a wee flip out this am. Feeling much better thanks to all your hugs!

Kate- Chicken pox is a type of herpes virus. Herpes Zoster. When you have chickenpox as a child, the virus then lays dormant in a nerve root. Which root it lies in varies from person to person. For unknown reasons, often when you are stressed, tired or rundown the virus will come out along that particular nerve root. In my instance it is the nerve that supplies the right side of my face/head. It can be pretty nasty and cause paralysis and blindness in extreme cases. Most often it is very painful, but mine is not so bad. The good news is that so far my eyeball is not involved. So I the Ophthalmologist and my OB have decided that it would be reasonable no to take the meds and ride it out. (The regular path of action for pregnant women with shingles) I am happy with this as I was a bit nervous about taking the anti-viral meds. Category B3 is not recommended for use in pregnancy. Although in certain situations where potential benefit outweighs potential risk they do use it. Just glad that's not me!

Sorry again for selfish post, it's just a bit all consuming today. Will catch up soon.

Sherie- I now I am starting to get excited.

Hannah is the first of our Sept bub's I think that will be celebrating.

That's great news Ange - must be a huge relief. I hope you are feeling ok - my auntrecently had shingles and i know it can be v painful and tiring too. take it easy!
    Clare - how fab Leila will be bilingual - and italian is so gorgeous!! I dont have any advice for how to deal w lorenzo - tbh i think i am the stress head here at the moment and dh is prob thinking he needs to have a similar intervention with me LOL! hmmm i wonder if thats his plan at date night on sat night!! ha ha ha!
    Leeanne - congrats on 11 months - wow!!! they are really growing up! how did you move to cows milk - do you swap some into her formula bottle or just launch straight into it?
    sherie - cake looks amazing - i am in awe!!

Pregpan- I just put her straight onto it. Thats what I did with the boys too although I did them the first week after they turned 1. So far so good.

Trill gorgeous invite and cake. I'm too much of a chicken to attempt something like that. My idea of a decorated cake involves creating a 'tableau' of 3 dimensional objects added to an existing cake haha.

Clare, get thee to the dr again hun, the ear doesn't sound good! BTW did I miss something, how come you were talking to a speechie? BTW that's true about the bilingual thing, they talk later but have much more advanced mental skills re language in general. I considered teaching DD1 another language from year dot but apart from me speaking there weren't any other immersion opportunities so I thought it'd be a bit lame in the end. BTW I have a solution for your manic husband, secretly substitute his coffee for decaf and watch him crumble like a house of cards LOL. Ah, sounds like you just need to get out and do something pleasant and relaxy together.

Ange, gee I hope you're feeling better soon...are you at least taking some pain relief?

BTW Jazah, thanks for the tooth fairy excuse, maybe she has a rotating roster of capital cities? LOL

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast