Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

Pregpan - Oh no hope you dont have too bad a night with N. The poor thing, it will be nice to have your mum help out. You need a break! I always find Maddie is worse at night when she is sick.

Clare - Hope those two bottom teeth come through quickly for Leila. I love your couple day idea as well, and I agree daycare is so worth it if makes you refreshed & better, more patient parents. Everyone needs a break now & then. Uh oh L sounds like she is into everything, so cute, wonderful age isnt it.

Rainy - LMAO sorry all your posts lately have been hillarious. Little Lewis you terror child hehehe. Sorry I just found that so funny!

MD - The 3 months will go quickly for you!

Arte - Glad to hear W is doing well, this excema seems to be so common! I have found sorbolene to work quite well on M's excema.

Noni - Yep M has had a few freak outs at loud noises. With daycare, I was so worried about putting M in daycare at first, you can probably remember, but now we are both settled in, its great it really is. If you choose a high quality center I dont think you have much to worry about. The girls at M's daycare are fantastic! Even though I am at work on those days, its my release, I get to gossip with the girls & do my own thing. Then when I pick Maddie up I am refreshed & excited to see her kwim? Its completely normal to need a break now & then. Look into FDC like others have suggested. Otherwise can you have a set day where your mum takes her? Grandparents love that!

Trillian - Hope you had fun faffing about hehehe, never heard that word before! Glad to hear you arent looking like the elephants love child anymore or however it was that you explained it? lmao.

Leemar - Wow your little bro is 22 today! Happy bday to him!

Thanks for asking about Maddie everyone! Last night wasnt as bad as we predicted, DP and I were ready for a shocker of a night, but she was only up at 1 & 4am and all she needed each time was a little shh, dummy & bonjela. I dream fed her a 60ml bottle at 10ish with nurofen in it, so that gave her the 8 hrs pain free I guess. The two fronties have broken through & the fangy ones on either side are bulging like no tomorrow. So far tonight she's been perfect & I havent had to give her any medication..yet lol. As for the rash, its still there & we were both a bit worried tonight, it isnt causing her problems, like it isnt itchy & she is 100% happy. So I called that 1800 health number to see what they said & they didnt seem to think it was anything serious, if its still there tomorrow or if it worsens they advised me to get her looked at. Anyway we are starting swimming lessons tomorrow....wish me luck with my disgusting bright white legs HAHA!

goodmorning everyone
    we had a sleep in this morning well a lay in anyway hehe
    well i went and looked at the local childcare centre and it just didnt feel right.. all the girls were very young and i just didnt feel sure.. i have nothing against there being young employes i mean everyone has to start somewhere but they need someone to learn from too iykwim? the two people in the babies room were only certificate 3 trained including the roomleader which i wasnt really impressed with because there should be atleast one diploma trained person in the room helping with programing etc.. maybe i am just being picky i mean i only have a cert 3 but i just didnt feel good about them..
    anyway aftergoing away from it and thinking for a bit i ended up ringing my mum and she has more days off than i thought so we are going to start with her taking asha once a fortnight for a few hours so i can have some time to myself
    mm - glad you had an ok night considering the teething.. hope they pop through asap!
    rain - i did see that yesterday the batchelor lol 2 hour special.. i dont usually watch it but it wasnt bad hehe.. as for destructivness asha likes to get into things like that too..
    cassius - that sounds so nice having every second friday with ur dp!! i am jelous! no way she peeled a banana what a clever little thing!!
    md - thats interesting re the sensitive ears thing.. is there any way to find that out or just have to wait untill she can tell me i spose?
    trillian - asha cried when i put the vaccum on too and with the lawn mower.. she actually seemed scared with those clinging on for dear life lol
    hello everyone else hope you all have a lovely day!!!

Hellooooo everybodyyyyyyyyyy!! (that was said in my Grover from Sesame Street voice)

I'm feeling great!!!! My house is clean! wooohoooo. I had a Diva Cosmetics party here yesterday and had 8 friends over, so had to do a big clean.
    This company has all natural products - and has one which is good for eczema and other skin conditions. I'm buying a foundation that is all natural as well.

mm - i hope swimming goes well for you today. How did Maddie sleep last night?
    Is the rash raised? Have you changed washing powders or anything recently?

rainy - I'm going to have to check out the bachelor!! I love my reality tv. (not that it's that real lol)

pregpan and clare - how was your night?

md - How is E feeling today?

I've started having singing time with Hannah - She loves 'der glumph' and "heads, shoulders knees and toes". Showed me how unfit i was though, because i was puffed after that one!!! I'm going to start 'Row your Boat' with her today - i love that one - especially when it's time to scream!lol.

eta hi noni - that's fantastic news that your Mum is going to look after Asha once a fortnight. You'll have to think of something nice to do for yourself on those days (maybe catch up on sleep?)
    Last edited by Patooties; July 23rd, 2008 at 10:42 AM.

Jazmum - Lmao at your grover voice!!! Der glumph, is that the frog one? I sing that one to Maddie but I think I have the wording wrong!! I havent changed washing powder and I havent fed her anything she hasnt had before, so I'm a bit stumped. It has gone down alot today though. I might go to the doc this arvo.

Noni - Yay thats great that your mum is helping out! Well for starters thats wrong of the childcare center as by law they have to have at least one fully qualifed caregiver (diploma or uni degree) in the room.

Well I am very impressed considering the state of M's gums at the moment, as we had another decent night of sleep. Such a good girl. Anyway we are off to swimming this morning, whipped out a bit of bronzer for my bright white legs, but it'll wash off in the pool anyway lol.

Happy Birthday Pregpan (hope I got it right this time).

Noni, that is cool that your mum is taking Asha, it will be great for all of you. I am starting to feel like I could do with a break but there is no one here that can take him. I have had a few people offer to babysit, but I am not going to leave him with people I don't know (DH's bosses kids and lady across the road I have met once).

JaZaH, I do row,row row your boat with Will, he grabs my hands and pushes them back and forward like oars now, it is really cute.

MM, glad you had a good night with M. Will has been a grumpy bum for the last few days, it is hard when they just follow and whinge all the time.

Clare, W is also destructive and into EVERYTHING. I just caught him dunking his little people car in the dog water

I definitely think toddlers are much harder than babies.

Hi Girls,

Prepan- Hope you have a wonderful day
    Art- I am glad W is ok.
    MM- I am so glad you had a good night sleep. Have fun at swimming
    Jazmum- Olivia loves songs too. lol
    Noni- Thats great your mum will have Asha to give you some mumma time.

Oh DH rang me last night to tell me he had an accident. He is ok with no injury's thank god although he had to get another hire car today. I will be happy when I see him tonight.

Hello to eveyone.

Just a quick one.....

HUGE hugs for Leanne! I wouldn't feel right until I was holding him if I were you. Glad to hear he is OK, but tonight I think you might need a rum....

Hi Girls!

Well i have left Dh and leila at home together and have snuck into the office to do some 'work' (ie get on BB!!).
    we had a bit of a night last night, leila would wake up for a quick cry every 1.5-2 hours, she wouldnt need us to go in, but it was pretty tiring and emotionally exhausting. she woke properly at 4am so i went in armed with panadol and booby, and that did the trick until 6.30. those teeth are soooo close. i can feel the sharpness already, and yet, they just havent gotten through...

OMG Pregpan: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hip hip hooray!!!!

Leanne: oh jeez! that's pretty scary about the accident. glad he is ok!

Arte: LOL! i think W sounds like a little champ! you know, i have to say that i am finding this age waayyy easier than the newborn days...i was so overwhelmed with the sleep deprivation that i couldnt make sense of the days or nights lol! although that said, being woken up in the morning to my daughter bashing her tupperware rattle on the walls as she slowly crawls down the hall towards my room is less than appealing!

MM: yep, can relate! we are off to swimming on monday, and i feel really sorry for the other patrons. i am sooooo white, almost see-through! not to mention post baby body. i am soo not channelling angelina jolie in the bounce back stakes! LOL!

JaZMum: sounds like you two are having a blast ATM! IKWYM about the fitness thing. i did the 'old duke of york' song with leila this morning and i swear that i thought my heart was going to explode. i might have to do that song a few times a day to build up the biceps.

Noni: IKWYM about getting the right vibe. have you looked into Family Day Care as quite a few of the lovely ladies on here use it and swear by it. it is also a more family environment, and you are garuanteed to have continuity of care.

Rainy: oohh yes! leila loves the laptop. i had to politely inform her that thumping her tupperware rattle across the keys was NOT as much fun as she was making out. but i secretly loved her for it as it ended up in a fit of tickles and giggles on the floor...i know i'll miss those moments when she becomes a snot faced teenager cutting her school skirt ridiculously short...

Pregpan - wishing you a wonderful day~~!!

Thanks also for the babysitting finding tips. We always just used our FDC lady when DD1 was little but now that I've got my girls going to different ones it's a bit trickier. Although I think DD1's FDC lady might have E occasionally once she turns 1.

JaZaH, we've started singing too, dug out some old Playschool DVDs (couldn't believe how many songs I'd forgotten LOL). E loves "if you're happy and you know it" (because she can clap) and "Five little ducks went out one day" and also "Der Glumph"! Suuuuch good fun.

E is much better today, except for the bit where she CHOKED on some carpet fluff from the bit where the carpet joins have come apart. We asked them to repair it last year and they wouldn't (replacing it when we leave, that'd be right) but now they have to do something.

Leanne big hugs - I'm glad your DH is ok. Bummer about the hire car, they are always a pain.

Rainy thanks for the heads up on Bachelor. I will tape it on my harddrive-you-tape-on-when-you-don't-have-IQ . LOL I've been glued to Dr Phil cos he's covering the weird polygamy sect in Texas, and I have a secret fascination for ppl who chose to live in unorthodox family arrangements.

Noni, yay for your one day a fortnight, I can guarantee you're going to want a day a week once you start because you'll get addicted to that 'me' time! I'm hanging out for E to go to care tmrw, it's been 4 weeks since I've had baby-free time!

Arte, are the ppl across the road nice? Do you think you might end up spending more time with them?

Clare, LOL at you sneaking away to do some "work". Hope those toothies pop right through.

MM, glad M is sleeping better, it's always such a relief when you're anticipating a horrible night then it doesn't happen.

I was wondering what everyone does with their fingerfood. eg Bananas, do you cut them up or do you just hand it over? E is such a little piggy she just crams whatever into her mouth. I'm torn between letting her cram so that she learns not to do it and not letting her cram in case she really chokes. Likewise, not sure how to tackle sandwiches, toast, etc ...small pieces or give a bigger piece so she can get bits off it herself. AAAH it was never this tricky with DD1!

Happy bday to Pregpan!

Leanne - Oh no how scary. Glad he is safe and sound and coming back tonight. Is this the Las Vegas trip?

Arte - Aww Will loves the dog water doesnt he!

MD - Oh that choking incident is scary! They better do something about it now. Re finger food, I break bananas in half so she can hold one end and munch the other. Toast/sandwiches I cut into triangles and let her eat away, always keeping a close eye of course, but I'm certainly not as paranoid about it as I once was hehe. M doesnt tend to cram though so I can understand your worry about that.

Need some advice girls, the rash on M has gone red again and she feels so bumpy. Apart from that she is fine and happy. I rang the doc but they cant get me in at all today unless there is a cancellation but I'm not holding my breath on that one. What else can I do? If it was something seriously nasty it would have developed further than what its at by now right? She has had it since Mon morning. Should I be a paranoid mummy & go into town to the hospital or just wait it out? My gut feeling is that its nothing serious, but on the other hand I'm not a doctor and I'd hate to sit back & not do anything if it needs attending to kwim?

Btw she loved swimming!

MM - I'd ring the dr's surgery and keep asking if there's a cancellation, stress that it's for a baby and there's a rash and you are worried, they should do something to fit you in. IF they say there hasn't been a cancellation, ask to speak to the dr yourself (on the ph). Drs usually can squeeze another slot in if there's any concern there.

ETA - it doesn't sound so serious but you are worried and shouldn't have to spend another 24 hrs worrying, kwim?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Pregpan!!!!! I hope you are having a great day with your boys

H, that sounds like a reaction to something for it to come up, settle and then come up again. How many times has she been swimming? Do you thnk it could be the pool chlorine?

Marydean, with Bananas, I break a piece off, then split it into three, following the way it's meant to naturally split kwim? I don't cut it because it makes it too slippery for him to pick up and it tends to stick to the bowl. Apple I will cut in fingers, sandwiches I cut into soliders.

Clare, lets hope that by tomorrow they will be all the way through for her.

Alister is being sooo clingy today. I feel like I still have the unbilical cord attached LOL. he is a little bit off his food too, so not sure if it's teeth, he's getting sick or if he is just having a crap day. He is having a sleep now though so hopefully he will be in a better mood when he wakes up.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PREGPAN!!!
    sorry i missed that earlier

Happy Birthday Pregpan!!!!!!!! I hope N sleeps well for you tonight.

sherie - i hope A isn't coming down with something. It makes it hard to get things done when they're clingy :

off to give the girls bed time snuggles - bbl.

mm - have you done the glass test on M's rash? ie put a glass on the rash, if it disappears it is generally viral.
    another question - has she worn any new clothes recently?
    Last edited by Patooties; July 23rd, 2008 at 08:37 PM.

hey there beautiful ladies,

Pregpan wishing you a very happy birthday. I hope you got spoilt with lots of hugs and kisses.

Sorry for the selfish post I dont have a lot of time to write at the moment but just wanted to say I am very excited because I just got my smart trike and have put it together. Logan loves it. I have a friend who's son works at target so he got it early and got a staff discount. I am praying it doesnt rain tomorrow so we can go for a walk. I will upload a pic to my gallery.

I promise to try and catch up with tomorrow.

Katie - Love the pic of Logan on his smart trike! How cool. Are they like the ones that you can push around?

Jazmum - Ohhhh OMG Jazmum I think you have solved the mystery rash for me!? I had her in a dress she has never worn before on Sunday, and it hadnt been washed, it was brand new & I remember taking the price tag off it. Oh god I feel so bad now. 99% of the time I was new clothes before she wears them but I didnt with this one. Must be that because we noticed the rash on Mon morning! Although I have put her in brand new unwashed clothes once or twice before and no reaction? Anyway I didnt take her to the doc, she had a big sleep & when she woke it was alot better, so its improving. Wow how does the glass test work?

Trillian - Oh no hope Alister is doing ok & isnt getting sick. Maybe he just wants extra mummy cuddles hehe. No this was her first time in chlorine today.

MD - Thanks for your advice. I decided to wait until she woke up from her nap & decide what to do then. Luckily it had gone down heaps, so I'm just keeping an eye on her. Besides I think Jazmum has solved the mystery!

mm - hopefully that is all it is then. I think with the new clothes it depends on where it is made - i think some countries may use strong chemicals - sometimes you can smell it.
    with the glass test - when you push down, if the rash disappears it's probably viral, if you can still see the rash when you apply the pressure, then it's probably worth getting it looked at.

Morning Girls,

MM- No he just went to Mackay and Emerald. The Vegas trip is in Sept for 11 nights. He came home last night and I just hugged him and hugged him.
    Katie- WTG on the smart trike
    MD- I just give Olivia squares of toast or sandwiches.

All good here for a change. Hello to everyone and have a great day

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast