... 89101112 ...

thread: Babies Born September 2007 #47

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

LMAO MD, you sound in very HIGH spirits!

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

MD: i think i may have to start calling you 'scully' if you really have been abducted by aliens and have been implanted with a chip. although i dont think you are a 'power suit' kinda gal really...

MM: aww shucks love, thanks for the lovely words! you are so right, we want to have another baby just cause we are so gosh darn proud of what we made the first time! we love her to bits and can't wait to double up on that love. that said, i am determined to be in full health for the next pregnancy cause if any of what the girls have said it seems to be a bit tougher during pg the second time around...but we'll have to wait and see how that pans out LOL!

p.s. MD, kudos for the mega post! you did well babe!

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

It's kinda big isn't it. See, a few days without BB and I'm all 'backed up' . Happy to be Scully provided I don't have to get wiggy with Mulder at all. That thing's been around just a little too much for my liking.

Yep Arte, I'm overdue for pills too, this is about as sober as I get.

Jan 2007
    rothwell,QLD

Welcome back MD and glad you are on the mend.
    Rainy- Dimeatap is good also for coughs and MD is right about the steam vaporiser they are good too.
    Art hope W is better soon too
    Clare sounds like you had a nice birthday dinner.
    MM yay on the toddler bed

AFM all good we are off to the AFL on Sat night to watch DH fav team the boomers I have NFI on AFL but looking forward to a night out. The kids are having a sleep over at Aunti Sandi's so they will love that. Kids are all good. Hello to everyone and sweet dreams

Feb 2007
    In the jungle.

Clare- Sorry i missed your birthday too! Hope it was lovely. Good work on the red wine. 2 bottles each is a pretty good effort! How was the head? Man i want good pizza too. Living in the country sux sometimes.

MD- you are hilareous (sp?) I am so pleased you will have written documentation of your ever so slightly altered mental state!

SupaB- There is a new outlet place at the docklands, i really want to check it out. HArbour town i think. I went to harbour town in Perth and it was the BEST bargain shopping i have ever done i rekon! If you are looking for some bargains in Melb, there is also a purebaby outlet in Collingwood. Well worth a look if you like their things.

Arte- It is the pits when they are sick, poor little W. Breaks your heart when they are suffering.

MM- your hubby is a classic, rushing home for O day! I am impressed you are tackling the toddler bed. I don't have the energy just yet. How are going with the night bottle? Did you manage to sort that out? (sorry, prob making you repeat yourself)

Well things are not too flash for poor Lu's butt atm. Yesterday she started with the squirts again. (Pretty bad, basically consistency of water) So bad thather bum is red raw, she refuses to walk and has been lying on a cushion in front of the TV since 6am. I have NEVER seen her lie still except when she is sleeping, so it must be hurting. I am really not sure what to do about it, i think it may be a food intolerance, as this happened about 2 weeks ago. No one else has been sick and she fine other than her sore bum. She has had issues with Lactose since i introduced solids, i am thinking it may have got worse....
    Anyone got any tips besides nappy off time? What cream do you use if the skin is broken?
    One last Q for ya'll, i kind of think i should take her to the Dr's, but then i know they prob wont do anything. Do you think i should bother?

ETA- Leeane- all you need to know is that the Hawks are the team to go for!

Oct 2006

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! i just called the hospital for my gd results and i dont have gd!!!!!!!
    i was sure i would coz at 18wks my last test was 7.6 and it has to be under 8, the midwife explained to me that id have to do the test again around 24-26wks because u usually have a sugar serge and there was a good chance id come back over but my result came back 6!! yay for being a normal result!! i asked about iron too and they said my haemoglobin is on the lower side of things but still fine so yay for that too!!!
    gotta go and get asha ready as shes goin to my mums today (how good is this day??) will be back when shes gone for personals!!

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

Ange, that's no good at all. I can just imagine how red raw it is. They prolly couldn't do much for her unless it is infected, but you could try just using a very heavy bum cream to protect it a bit for when she does poo. And you might have to bite the bullet and use sposies for a little while too, they don't tend to touch the skin as much so they might irritate the skin a little less. Possibly even give her some panadol because it's probably aching all the time. Maybe even a warm bath later with a bit of salt, which will sting like the bejezus at first, but it will help clean the area without using anything directly on it kwim? If you think it's an intolerance, you will have to take her to the Dr and get a sample for testing etc. for you, it's hard when you can't do much to help them.

MD!!!! So glad to see you back, even i you are a teensy bit stoned PMSL. Keep you eye out for the postman too I hope you've been able to catch up on the zzzz's too, its awful when you can't sleep in hospital and I imagine they were checking on you all the time too.

Clare, WTG on 2 bottles on wine. I have never been able to drink wine - the last time I did I had 1 glass when on holiday and when we came back to the unit DH had to put me to bed and deal with the kids ROFL. It goes straight to my head. And I second the motion that you NEED to have another baby - we all made such beautiful ones the last time.

Leanne, have a great time at the footy - will be a learning experience for you LOL. You're prolly looking more forward to not having the kids for the night

G and Arte, how are the little boys today? I hope Will is better and that L didn't get worse.

Arte, I would have been a bit miffed at the scan, sounds very very basic for a 20wk one. I don't think any of mine have taken less than at least half hr.

Well Alister seems to be back to normal now - if definately wasn't teething poos cause they were totall different - wont go into details LOL. But then last night I started getting cramps really bad and I spent an hour or so back and forth to the loo too and I felt dreadful for a few hours but then came good at about 11 so I went to bed then. Fine today though.

Went out shopping yesterday. Had to take the PC to get fixed and return a pair of shoes for Erin that broke which were new, so the guyat the shoe shop just replaced them. He did say I could choose another pair, but I said no, cause she wasn't with me and she is such a hard kid to get shoes for. Got some huge bargains on clothes for the kids too. One of the shops is getting out of kids clothes (just keeping mens and womens and babies) and got a skirt for Erin in a sz7 for $4.95 down from $45.95 - it's a long cream skirt that will look fab with her tall boots. It will last her for quite a few seasons too - right now it's ankle length LOL. A pair of trousers for Lindsay for $10 down from $40, jeans for Paige for $10 and some tops - 5 for $10!!! Super impressed I was.

Alister did the funniest thing yesterday, we were walking up the street and I got the hiccups, and I would hiccup and then he would make the same sound - he must have thought I was deliberately doing it ROFL. Anyone who walked past us must have thought we were a bit odd.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

LOL at the hiccups Trill

Ange, W has terrible nappies atm, I guess the other part of the bug he has. By the time I have collected a new nappy and wipes to change him his butt is already bright red so it must burn! I have switched to disposables for a few days until it clears up (I don't need to deal with that mess twice!). Do you have any aloe vera gel? I find that quite good to soothe any irritation when W gets a bit red. Baking soda in the bath is good too.

W awake, got to go

Feb 2007
    In the jungle.

Thanks Trill and Arte. Trill, you could get a job with the MCHN helpline, they just gave me about the same advice. Just loading kids into car to get cream from pharmacy they recommended, desitin if anyone interested. I have to admit she has been in disposibles for a while, first we had no washing mashine, then the tap bum a week ago. Anyhoo, do what you have to survive right?

Got to love a bargain trill and you got some rippers. Is that the same PC that you only recently got????

Arte- Lu is the same, it happens so quickly. She also screams 'sore' when she wees. Must burn their little bums. Bicarb in the bath eh? Might give that a go. I totally forgot about Aloe vera, that is all i used to use for burns etc, magic stuff. Better buy a new plant, mine got fried!

Was our wedding ann yesterday, 4 years is apparently plants of fruit, might by DH an aloe plant. LMAO!

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

Congrats on the 4 years of wedded bliss! An aloe sounds lovely. They get the burning of the skin on their bum cause of the ammonia in the wee has a bit of a reaction with the poo and makes it almost caustic. And then once it's sore, each time after that just adds to it, even if they don't wee. Nah, it's not the new one, it's the old one. I'd die if it was the new one ROFL.

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

I second all the suggestions made re L's bum, personally I would steer clear of wipes and just wash her bum with a facewasher at every nappy change, I'd use baking soda instead of salt in the bath too. We use a fantastic barrier cream called Amolin, it's really heavy and soothing, but I suspect L needs something a little more hardcore. When it's bad I use canesten foot cream & sigmacort together, but depending on what it looks like the dr might recommend something else.

ETA congrats on 4 years! And many more happy ones for you together!

Jan 2007
    rothwell,QLD

OMGOMGOMG my DH just sent me the prettiest bunch of flowers and to add to the ahhhhh he sent some to Livi at daycare how sweet is he. A while ago he bought home some flowers for me and liv and she just thought it was great she hugged them and carried them around really carefully and like she just won miss australia or something so cute.

Ange- poor lu hope she is better soon.
    Sherie- what bargins you got shopping.. and yep I think I will enjoy the night with out kids more then the footy. lol
    Noni- congrats on no gd

Aug 2006
    Our house, in the middle of our street

Hi everyone
    I've been a slacko this week and haven't been catching up.
    Just wanted to quickly say MD - I'm so glad you're back on line. I love seeing that beautiful purple av of yours - especially when the green light is on. I'm so glad that your Surgeon did a great job. Have been thinking about you lots and wondering how you're going. I was having a giggle reading some of your posts ' cause you sounded as high as a kite!!!!. You go girl!!!
    I'll try to get back on tonight and catch up on everyone's goss. I'm on the school Fair committee and in charge of typing up the newsletter - so all my free time has been spent doing that. I have to say though, that i'm enjoying having to meet deadlines again, and feeling worthwhile. (not that i don't feel that way just being a mummy)

Anyway, i'll catch up with all of you wonderful women soon

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2007
    Perth

MD - Haha had a laugh at your post! Funny stuff. Yes I am still ebaying & not winning anything, the competition is high! How are you going with it ebay queen?

Ange - Oh no that sounds terribly painful, poor L!!! The girls gave you some good advice. Did any of it help? As for our night bottle, its pretty much been dropped now, here I was panicking for no reason lol. Congrats on 4 years of marriage, well done.

Leemar - Yay what a romantic hubby you have! & sending some to O at daycare...OMG what a man!!

Jazmum - Well done to your girls for their efforts at the sports carnival!

Trill - Got some good bargains there, thats great! As for A imitating the hiccups, lol too cute!

Noni - Yay so happy for you that you dont have gd! Now I understand what the test was for...

Clare - Good plan, besides a bigger age gap will be good, as L can be your little helper hehehe!

Ok girls its only been a couple of days since ovulation (well I think I was anyway) however all day yesterday & today I have had this really really strange heavy feeling in my lower abdomen, is this a pregnancy symptom or is it all in my head? DH says its all in my head lol, but I tell you its the strangest feeling ever! I dont remember this last time

Feb 2007

Just popping in to say Hi, sorry I have been really slack.

MM I have no idea but I so hope your pg.

Jan 2007
    Adelaide

Ange-happy anners! Yay 4 yrs.

Marydean-u r a crack up. Melb is freezing! Fun. My legs ache from walking so much. We all know I need the exercise. Anywayz I am so pleased u r back online-we all missed u. Hope u r healing good.

Trill-fantastic bargains! When u get gear that cheap u never wanna pay full price again.

Leemar-u lucky chic.

MM-wow that heavy feeling... I remember that with T. It could b!

Falguni-thanks 4 the tip on the docklands. That's not the spencer st station dfo is it?
    Not sure if will make it to collingwood.

How do u get a bouncing giggling 1 year old to go to sleep on a sofa bed! Aarrrgghhhh! She is a crack up, laughing saying oh no and tickle,tickle,tickle.

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2007
    Perth

OMG the heavy feeling is still there, I am SO not imagining this!

Supa - LOL good luck with trying to get her off to sleep!

Oz - No need to apologise, I've been slack lately as well, flat out. How are you going with your pregnancy? Any more funny vids of L dancing? Every time I hear that flo rider song I think of L dancing & crack up.

Well had the much dreaded family bbq tonight, and I said to myself before everyone arrived to be positive & talk to MIL as normal as if nothing had happened, forget about it moving on etc etc. Well I said a big cheerful hi & got NOTHING she didnt even look at me. It was awkward. So forgot about it & started talking about how M is doing this & that....no freakin response. I dont know why I didnt give up there & then but I kept trying to include her in convo all night, & got nothing out of her. SO I've decided I'm going to forget about updating her with M, forget about sending any emails & just forget about the whole darn thing, because she obviously cant see she has done wrong in the past & yes I have too, but I am ready to move on & she is too bl00dy immature to do the same. AHHH vent over. Sorry girls, this is the last you will hear about the MIL.

Jan 2007
    Adelaide

MM- I can't believe ur MIL ignored u! How rude! What a ignorant selfish B####! Well done to u being friendly + normal + including her. Everyone else would have noticed + saw u doing the right thing. She is self destructive.

As for ur heavy feeling- r u feeling anything else? Any foods putting u off? Fingers x'd 4 u.

... 89101112 ...