Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #47

Hmm woke up with sore boobies this morn. Maybe its just AF on her way. Still have a weird heavy feeling abdomen, AF not due for another almost 2 wks!???? What is going on with my body lol. No foods making me feel ill or anything though.

MM, bummer your MIL is acting so childishly. Does your DH not do anything about it? When my MIL started telling everyone I was being a b**** to her at xmas time DH had a huge fight with them about it (I wasn't even being nasty, no sleep for 2 nights because of W's molars, morning sickness and trying to entertain a toddler on my own made me a bit grumpy but I didn't say or do anything that I would consider *****y!). I hope your heavy tummy is a good sign!

Ange, forgot to say happy anniversary! Hope L's bum is getting better. How is little miss S's tummy now?

I am completely wiped out. We spent last night at the hospital, W was crying in pain all yesterday morning and wouldn't walk - would just try to pull his legs up to his belly. He stopped eating and drinking so we went to the GP who told us to take him down to hospital. They did x-rays and couldn't see any blocks but made us stay the night for observation. He seems o.k today, still very tired and weak from a week of nearly no food. I have been trying to get him to eat some yoghurt because I am sure his bowels are upset from the very nasty diarrhea that he had but he won't really eat.

Ohhh Arte poor W!!!!! Poor thing really copped that gastro bug bad. I hope he starts to improve quickly. As for your MIL, glad I'm not the only one with a meanie MIL! NO my DH is completely gutless when it comes to his mum & its caused us so many arguments. Newlyweds should not be arguing about a meddling MIL!!!!

hey everyone, hope everyones well.. i have another thread going but just wanted to ask has anyone been exposed to "slap cheek" virus during pregnancy before? dd has it and i am a bit confused to if i should be worried or not.. am waiting on my immunity results which dont come back till tuesday which is agonising...

Noni, I know it's hard not to worry but there is nothing you can do now except for waiting for the results. I'm sure that both you and bubs will be fine.

Arte, maybe he was just cramping - I know how much it hurts when I get cramps from gastro so i can imagine how much it would hurt a little one.

H, I guess she would much rather have a DIL that just kisses her bum all the time and doesn't stand up to her *sigh*. I wish you didn't have to worry about it either. Fingers crossed that you are indeed with child again. We need another baby around here LOL.

Arte, will W drink milk of any sort? When DD1 had her mouth ulcer thing, my friend the dietician told me to mix some dried milk powder into some regular milk and then give that to her - it has enough protein to get by if they are not eating anything else. You could also try making up something really bland like mashed potato or scrambled egg with some of the fortified milk drink stirred into it. You must be exhausted, you poor thing. Hope W shows some signs of picking up soon. xxx

Noni, try not to fret, I'm sure bubba will be ok. xxx

SupaB - well done, I love the sore legs from holiday walking! It's the best feeling (hand cramps from carrying too many store bags is right up there too LOL).

MM - well sorry to say it but your MIL Is just outta line. So hoping you are UTD again (how excitingness!!!) We won the cubby house on ebay - there have been cheaper ones but this one is only 5 years old and in much better condition than the others so pretty pleased. Thanks, Kevvie!

Leanne- oh aren't you lucky getting flowers. Methinks your DH adores you just as you should be adored!! And sending them to Livvie is just - awwwww- so cute! My DH buys DD1 flowers every year on her birthday.

JaZaH, I so know what you mean about having deadlines again. Makes you feel efficient and proficient in a way that day after day of the same old chores does not! You get that good completion feeling.

Ange, how's L's bum? I'm pretty sure we'll have some iss-ewes this week, Missy E is popping zillions of teeth all of a sudden so we're loading up on the bum cream in a big way.

Well ladies I must say that I think having surgery has agreed with me. I am sleeping well and not waking in a panic every am, and my mystery acne that appeared 2 days after I found out about the lymphoma has disappeared completely (despite the chocolate cake diet that I've been on all week. LOL). Missy E has been very clingy and possessive with me though, she must be missing our regular time together (because I"m still resting during the day and can't lift her like usual). Speaking of which I'd better go and negotiate with DH about whether he's going back to work tmrw or not...

Great to hear that you are in better spirits MD It's always a mystery how the human mind and body work at times.

Hi everyone,

MM - i hope you've got a little bubba growing in there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. As for that nasty out-law of yours - you've tried your hardest, and as you said , she's just being immature. See how she copes without her updates about her grand-daughter. I'm having a few issues with mine at the moment. Not quite the same as yours though. Mine is starting to favour Zoe over Jess. Jess gave her a bit of cheek a couple of weeks ago (nothing bad at all) and she is holding a grudge, big time. If she keeps it up I've told DH he has to talk to her about, even if it causes conflict.

md - i'm so glad that you're recovering well. Is DH taking some more time off? And woohooo for the cubby house!!! Now you can put your decorators cap on!!

Arte - I hope little William gets better quickly. The thought of your little cutie-pie so sick is heartbreaking

Leanne - you lucky lady! What a wonderful, thoughtful dh you have there. What's he going to pull out of his hat for Mother's Day. I can't wait to hear how he spoils you.

Ange - poor little Lulu. I hope it clears up quickly.

Noni - i'm sure everything will be fine. Hope Asha is feeling better soon.

hello to everyone else too!!

Noni, I found the following info on google. I wouldnt worry too much as after reading the below it seems highly unlikely that it would affect bubba, but theres definately no harm in going to the doc just as a precaution.

How is it spread?
    Parvovirus infection is spread by infected respiratory secretions through coughing, sneezing or touching something that has been coughed or sneezed on. About 50% of non-immune people will become infected if there is a case in their household, less if the case is at school or child care. Cases are infectious before the onset of the rash and are probably not infectious after the rash appears.
    The incubation period of the infection is 1 to 2 weeks.

How can it affect my baby?
    The risk to unborn babies is low. Spread from mother to baby can only occur if the mother is not immune. Even if the mother is affected only one-third of babies will develop the infection (generally about a month after the mother's illness).

Infection during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy can rarely cause a form of anaemia (low blood count) in the baby. In many cases this resolves by itself but in some instances it may require treatment. Very rarely it can be fatal. Parvovirus infection does not cause congenital abnormalities.

How can I protect myself and my baby?
    Washing hands before eating or touching your face can help prevent infection. Avoid sharing cutlery, cups and plates.

What action should I take if I think I have been exposed?
    A pregnant woman who believes she has been in contact with a case of parvovirus infection should consult the doctor supervising her pregnancy even if she has no symptoms. Blood testing can assist doctors advising women who are pregnant of the risk, if any, which parvovirus infection poses. There is no risk to a woman (or her baby) that already has immunity.

If active infection is diagnosed, ultrasound is performed every 1-2 weeks to monitor the health of the baby. If there are signs the baby is having difficulty with severe anemia a blood transfusion while the baby is still in the womb may be considered.

MD - Congrats on the cubby win!!! The girls will be so happy. You are better off paying that bit extra for a decent one. So happy you are feeling good!

Jaz - Oh no, good luck with your MIL talk. I'm sure yours is much more approachable & mature than mine.

Still have the heavy cramping feeling, but could just be af making an earlier than normal appearance. Time will tell!

ooohhh hayley, i feel a pregnancy in my bones!!! woooo,i'm blaming it on the sexy lingerie.
    your mil is acting like a cow. sorry if that is harsh but i've had it with her!!! big time!!!!
    please don't feel like you can't vent on here about it. it makes me feel so much better to know that i'm not the only one related to a cow...also when i was going through a lot with my cow-in-law, you guys on here were basically who got me through it all. i think you need to just completely cut her off for a while. she's obviousley not in a position to deal with it all atm so leave her be for a bit.

lewis smacked his eye on a torch that he was carrying around and now has a shiner. he's also got a spunky $17.95. haircut woo hoo!!! he looks so hot
    Last edited by Ginger; May 4th, 2009 at 01:28 PM.

OMG If only 17.95 was all I needed to spend to spunkify myself!! Go Lewis!

MD - So glad that you are back on line and everything is looking good. I was PMSL at some of your earlier posts!!

MM - your MIL needs to grow up. I can't believe she just ignored you so completely! Hope everyone else noticed, sounds like a good idea to cut her off. Fingers crossed for the pregnancy!

Ange - poor little L, hope her bum clears up soon. Imagine being so sore that she just wants to lie on the couch and not walk!

Leanne - WTG on the flowers, you are a lucky duck! And how cute sending them to Liv too!!

Noni - woohoo for passing your GTT!!

Arte - oh, poor W, this is really knocking him around. You must be exhausted, hope he gets better soon.

Well we have had a lovely weekend here. Did nothing particularly special, we just had some good family time. DD was just gorgeous all weekend, hardly had any whinging or fussing.

We're thinking about getting one of those harness backpacks too. She's OK at holding hands, but I like the idea of having a hand free when going around the shops.

heya girls!

wow. i have been without BB for a weekend (left the charger at work) so am def missing bits!

MM: ah bummer about your MIL. i guess she likes to hold a grudge. no doubt the original 'insult' that got her rolling has been long forgotten by her, but nevertheless, the grudge carries on. i suggest just leaving her alone and letting her come to her own peace about it. as long as you are trying to do something about it, she has something to fight. if you keep out of her way, then soon enough she wont have enough ammo.

MD: welcome back sista! i told ya, GAs need to be given to all parents to give them back their healthy sleep patterns LOL!

Rainy: love the new haircut mr L has!

Jaz: hope your MIL issues pass soon too! Not fair!

Arte: oh man, poor W must be feeling really yuk. hope you are okay, considering you are most likely at home on your own with him during the day.

AFM: all good here overall. very tired with the home hunting thing. especially trying to decipher all the hidden costs. we are in search of a conveyancer...
    we have pre-approval with Bendigo bank, they seem pretty good, it's just the guy we deal with is not full savvy with the ins and outs. so we had to bypass him today and go with the head honcho. now we realise that we have heaps more paperwork to do. urgh (all before saturday!).
    leila is great. still swearing. have no idea what to do about it.
    ALSO: reading these posts about the backpack things...how do you guys go about with the toddlers now at the shops? we still use the pram as back-up. we let her walk with us for some of it, then when it gets out of hand or she gets tired we go the pram. but usually this is accompanied by wails of terror. wondering whether the backpack would be useful or not for us...

clare - i hardly ever go to the shops now. I do my groceries on- line. If i do have to do some shopping, i go straight after school drop-off, and make sure that i've got plenty of morning tea for her to eat. I generally put her in the trolley.
    I've got a pink poodle backpack, but we just don't seem to use it any more. She likes to run instead of walk, and if i don't keep up, it means she falls over.

Cally - sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend with K. I'm hoping we have one of those around here real soon

jaz- do you find that they jack up the price of the on-line groceries?

arte-how is w doing now?

clare- what does the conveyancer do?

cally- i bought a monkey backpack off ebay

do any of you guys have one of those awesome looking trampolines that's all closed in? my dad wants to buy one for the boys- just looking for some brand recommendations etc.....

yeah Rainy - i do pay a little more for some items - but i still get the catalogue specials. I find that i can save a bit of money though, because i'm not impulse buying. And because i can see the total , I can go back and take items off if I really don't need them. I love it when they bring the bags to my door

rainy: the conveyancer is the dude that is doing all the paperwork like section 32 stuff of the house transfer. according to our bank it's either one of those or a solicitor...

jaz: yeah, i think leila would be the same with the harness. i guess we'll just have to wing it and hope for the best!

Clare, we still use the prams in shops, it is a disaster if we don't. Although usually he starts whinging and crying and I end up carrying him and pushing the pram which explains why I haven't bought any new shoes even though the stitching has been slowly coming apart in my only pair for months lol

Rainy, Lewis looks like such a big boy with his new hair cut! I have been meaning to say how adorable his is in the last lot of FB pics you posted, and I think J looks just like a dark-haired version of him.

W seems completely better today, I forgot how much that boy talks! He unleashed the new found power of the tanty for DH to see last night and tonight lol. I am quite impressed with his last-ability, he can keep it up for at least half an hour!

Cute thing for today - I let W pick a biscuit out of the biscuit tin and he circled his hand around for about a minute saying 'looking, looking' before he finally decided which one to have - must have inherited my decisive nature!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast