Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

Awww..Marni, I hope you get a solution soon to Phoebe's not being well...I can really feel for you, it must be heart wrenching to not be able to fix something wrong with your baby... xxoo :hugs:

Hi All..

I am not getting email notifications still!!!

JLeigh - I think the links didn't open fo you because we're not "friends" on facebook.

Marni - How is Phoebe now? I hope she is much better

Elijah sleeps thru the nights now, he is on cows milk already, so I think it fiills him up. He loves it! I just have to get him to drink something other than that! He isn't really a sweet boy - I am trying the cordial and plain water, but he doesn't really want abar of it. I think I better try the cup again....

Yay camping in 2 days now..so excited to be meeting TinaR! WooHoo...I was thinking of maybe organizing a camp for us QLD girls (and anyone else who wants to join) later on in the year. I think it would be good for all the babies to meet and be friends

I had totally forgotten about the 12 month needles Darn it!

I am having a hard time with the 3 year old at the moment tho, he is refusing to listen to me, argues with me and basically does the opposite of what I say! If I say 'don't touch that' he will touch it just because I said not to...ggrrrr the joys of children...lol

Anyway, I had better go and put E down for a nap - I may get one too so I can continue to pack and get ready for camping

hmmm....might try Zen on a bottle of cows milk for his last feed and see if it puts him down the whole night. he is basically going through till 4am when he wakes for a feed. am thinking of trying to wean him but have no idea how to lol

Camping - Yay for two more sleeps and YES to a QLD (and anyone else who can make it) BB camp

TinaR - If yu want to ween him, give him one bottle a day for a while, then 2 bottles and so on. You could try follow on formula first if you're not happy to try cows milk yet.

Yay 2 more sleeps alright!! Woo, but I'm so tired from packing and cleaning and stuff.....

UGH! tried cows milk last night - he was up twice!!
    I dont really want to go to bottles if I can help it, want to go straight from boob to cup so any drinks he gets are usually from a sipper cup.

Need to do so much today, tomorrow morning we will do the main pack up of the camper, but i need to do shopping etc today and organise clothes and all that fun stuff.

Happy Birthday to Ms Kaylee!!

Happy Birthda Kaylee..our first of all our bubs...I cannot believe 1 year has gone already..where has the time gone? And for some is it time for another???/

Woo Hoo camping tomorrow morning!

Happy 1st Birthday Kaylee!!!! Hope that you had a fantastic day (Judging from the pics on facebook you did!

Tina and Sleepy - Have a great camping trip! Don't drink soo much that you forget you have children, just enough to dull their noise, lol!

As for Phoebe, she is still cranky and unwell. The dr has put her back on Losec just in case she has an irritated tummy and this is why she refuses to eat much and drinks lots. She has also lost too much weight so when we go back for her needles in 2 weeks she will be weighed again and if she hasn't gained enough or any she will have blood tests to check some stuff. She still has her runny nose, red ears and throat and we are just on the wait list to see the paed. I am barely coping

On a good note however I have all her birthday pressies and am very excited!!! My little baby is 1 in 8 days!!! I can't believe how quickly the year has gone.

Happy Easter everyone! I hope your cherubs don't go too crazy from chocolate!

Happy Birthday Kaylee! Hope you had a super day. Sorry our birthday wishes are late.

TinaR - My Mum's group invited our MCHN to do a 12 months session with us and she went into the weaning/cows milk thing in great detail. First, she said that just because bubs is waking doesn't usually mean they want a feed and that by this age it's probably habit or comfort rather than hunger. She said just don't offer anything, or maybe water. She suggested to start the cows milk with about 30mL with lunch and go up from there once they can drink that. She said that 2 bottles a day is plenty, AFTER solids (or when they wake and before bed), max 500mL, but they need less if they're having other dairy too. At this age, most of their nutrition should come from solids. Also, formula is unnecessary (and very $$$!). With weaning, try dropping a feed per week, or cut back on how long you let bubs feed, or only offer one side etc. The ABA also had some great info on this that I found.

Tina and Sleepy - Enjoy your camping trip! As for us doing one together, if it involves cabins, spas and NO sand or dirt, I'm in, lol!! Would love to meet everyone though...

Marni - Still thinking of you and Phoebe. Hang in there...

What else the MCHN said - Keep offering water at every meal - 20-30mL is a good drink so don't expect them to drink heaps of water at a time. Don't give cordial, juices etc. It's normal for toddlers to eat heaps at one meal and not much at another, just keep offering but don't stress (ha, easier said than done!). She also gave us a leaflet that listed how much of the food groups 1-2yo should be getting which I thought was useful...
    *3-5 serves of carbs (bread/cereal/rice etc where 1 slice of bread, 1/2 cup cereal is 1 serve)
    *3-5 serves of veges (1/4 cup is 1 serve)
    *1-2 serves of fruit (1 piece is 1 serve)
    *3 serves of dairy (full fat), including breastfeeds (1 cup milk, 200g yoghurt is 1 serve)
    *2-3 serves of protein (eggs, meat, fish, legumes where 30-50g meat is 1 serve, 1/2 cup kidney beans is 1 serve, 1 egg is 1 serve)

She also talked all the usual stuff about how important it is to talk to bubs, babyproof etc and gave us some great info on sleep (they'll drop to 1 sleep/day around 12-15 months), discipline/tanties too!

AFM - DS has been refusing his arvo nap for a couple of weeks now and not going down in the morning til 10:15-10:45am so today for the first time he had lunch at 11am then went down for a nap at 11:45am. That means we can start going to story time at the library at 9:30am, maybe even playgroup too! It also means no more lunches out for a while My little boy is now my 'big' little boy!

Wishing everyone a very Happy Easter!

Hi Everyone, hope you all had a fantastic first easter with your bubs!!!

Happy Birthday Alycia!! I know it was last Friday, I did facebook you Hope that you had a wonderful day and a great time camping.

Sleepy and TinaR - Hope you also had a great time camping with your families.

JLeigh - Thanks for the info. Even though I have an older one, it's amazing how much I have forgotten! Bos sounds like he is growing up fast. What date is his birthday again?

Phoebe seems to be eating a bit better here! So I think the losec may be making a difference. Heres hoping she starts to gain some weight. We hada nice easter - Tiana had her eating chocolate for breakfast! Her birthday is Saturday, I can't believe my baby is one!! She isn't a baby anymore And like Bos I think she is trying to drop her second sleep, she has refused it a couple of times now.

Marni - that is great news - fingers crossed for you x

JLeigh - thanks! i had already started just a cuddle & not feeding him so its good to hear it was the right thing to do

Camping was great! although Ellijah is a bully lol...or, more correctly, i think Zen is a big sook. within 1minute of being in the same playpen Zen was curled up in the corner crying! They played tag teams at night twice which of course kept us up but it was all good, we have already booked to go away again over Christmas/New Year.

Hope everyone had a great easter break and Big Birthday wishes to all our bubs who have turned one. I think most of you are on fb and I have already wished a happy birthday. oh yeah - we did a camp oven cake and it was AWESOME!!

Marni - thank goodness Phoebe is on the mend. Boz tuns 1 on 3rd May, so next Tuesday! Woo hoo!

TinaR - Camping sounds great. Funny how the bubs have their own personalities, isn't it? In our mum's group, B has always been the cryer, the one where just a look from another bub has him in streams of tears! There are a couple of 'bullies' too (lol) and a few independent, 'too cool for school' bubs too.

Hope I didn't sound too much like a walking textbook last week, just that I found that stuff interesting!

AFM - B is teething/has hayfever/is getting over a virus/ insert whatever you like here as the doctors tell me nothing is wrong - but drooling, runny nose, cough, fever, disturbed sleep and grizzly like you wouldn't believe is NOT nothing! I have never seen him so grizzly, it's driving me bonkers! Plus, I have another bout of mastitis, which is making me feel lousy. AND to top it all off, DH has the runs and vomiting. So, guess who has to soldier on and look after everyone, even though I just want to curl up and sleep for 1/2 week??!!! Pity party over now...

Take care ladies and big babies (and toddlers for those over 1yo, lol!!!)

oh JLeigh - that sounds so frustrating for you! I didnt think you were a textbook - I loved reading it! Boo for the mastitis, I nearly had a dose but noticed the lump in time to massage it all out hoping everything gets better for you soon, it just does your head in when they are unwell but especially when you arent also. and even if DH is fine and I am sick I still seem to need to soldier on rofl

Jleigh - Make DH suck it up!! Mastitis trumps all! You could easily end up in hospital with it. Please look after yourself, I remember the pain!! And poor Bos

Teething - I for one would really like Hylands Teething Tablets to come back!!! I really miss them and Phoebe isn't really sleeping cause of teeth. Anyone have any they aren't using that they would like to send me?? lol

Well I had the crappiest nights sleep last night and today I am spending baking for Phoebes party!! I have biscuits, gluten free cakes, muffins, honey oat slice, chocolate crackles and anything else I may have forgotten. I can't believe my baby is 1 tomorrow!!!! My beautiful bubba is growing up

Marni - What, no Hyland's teething tablets anymore? I still have 3/4 of a bottle, but I'll be guarding them with my life from now on if you can't get 'em anymore (sorry ). They've been a big help here. Hope you can stay awake for all that baking - beats my dips, sandwiches and cheese/antipasto platter!

Tina - Ta for the sympathy, I needed it, lol!

ohhh....chocolate crackles! I didnt even think of them for Zens bday - gonna have to make them now, I did remember the all important fairy bread although I have to admit that 3/4s of what I am making/serving I wont feed Zen!
    Hylands have been out of stock for a while, the company voluntarily recalled the product due to a complaint that the belladonna contect caused issues with a child. the dose is so low that the child would nee dot hav 1000 tablets for the side effects to out them into hospital but they have done it anyway - I am so unhappy about it...
    Brauers Teething relief is basically the same thing in a liquid form but i think the tablets work better..
    I dont know how we cope without sleep - we are awesome in my opinion... xo

Hi All

Well we had a lovely time camping - we didn't drink too much (altho my too much is deffinately differnet from everyone elses I'm sure) lol. It was so peaceful and relaxing and full of dirt and fun The only way to camp if ya ask me

Elijah has been sleeping thru the night for some time now, only wakes if he's cold, or teething - but even then that doesn't faze him too much now. He's practically running around the house, on 3 meals a day, and 4 or so bottles. He's doing really well - DH and I are deffinately considering having another one - maybe trying after christmas this year - after our BIG camp trip over christmas - I do not want to be preggers for that!

I have some teething tablets....about half a bottle left.....I didn't know they weren't making them anymore...they were very helpful, guess I better keep em incase we have another bub...lol

It's now less than a week til E turns 1....I cannot believe how fast its gone! I miss him as a baby...altho I am enjoying the sleep and having my body back...lol

Ok well hope you're all having a great day

Phoebe put 500g on in 2 weeks!!!! She did so well and seems to be back on the up She is staying on Losec for now though. The needles were awful though - she didn't cry for long though, I have a brave little girl.

Sleepy - Wow on another baby! I miss the newborn thing sometimes, but I don't think I am anywhere near ready for another.

Hylands - they are meant to be releasing something about the tablets coming back on the market on May 20 so hopefully they will be back soon.

I need help! How do I night wean? Is it easiest to just stop cold turkey and have a couple of nights of hell? She feeds up to 5 times a night and I really need some sleep! She still breastfeeds up to 10 times a day (plus food). I am ready to wean but don't have any idea how? I was thinking just to go in and cuddle her while she yells? At least she knows I am not leaving her?

Hey Marni, I gave Zen a little bit of water and also I've tried a little bit of cows milk....Phoebe is still a real super drinker though! if, for example, P fed at 10, 12, 2, 4, 6, I would substitute the 12 and 4 feed for cuddles, once she is used to that I would then go the 2am feed for cuddles etc. I did that with Zen and it appears to be working, he often only wakes once now and last night he pulled an all nighter!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast