Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~August 15th-30th 2010 #1

Loula - thank you. DS can only do little, he;s very affectionate.. too affectionate. today i was feeding her and he wanted to kiss her so he pulled her head close to him and she got yanked off my boob, yikes to me and her. she was very upset after that.. i went and sat on the rocking chair and that clammed her.
    how is he sleeping at night? have you contacted tresillian?
    can you do alternate feeds on the shield to protect yourself?

elise - love your sleep-ins! jealous haha
    can you go see another dr for his reflux?

LMK - well done on the weight gain!
    Githanjali also sleeps in hte bouncer during the day. it's hard to get sleep when they sleep when you have other kids, isnt it. it;'s a real jackpot if they are both asleep at the same time!
    she's really farty too. just like her father.. no wonder her name means "offerings of melodious songs" hahah

oh a question.. how often are you bathing bubs?
    we're doing a bath once a week with a sponge down daily..

Prama yeah the sleep ins are lovely, it must be difficult to get much sleep with lakshman as well as Githanjali. I think i might have to go and see another dr if he doesnt improve. I bath Brody every day, i know he doesnt need it but i use it as a bit of a routine thing. He has his bath at around 6.30, then his bottle and bed. He then sleeps till about 12.30ish. They dont actually do anything to get dirty so once a week with the sponge bath every day would probably be fine

Well I moved Brody into his big cot last night and i thought it would do 1 of 2 things. Either make him sleep better or worse but it actually made no difference, he slept exactly the same so that was good. Hes sleeping on the couch next to me at the moment. I think thats where ill let him sleep through the day, that way i dont have to get up every 15mins to resettle him. Were off to my nan & pas for lunch today so im looking forward to that and im hoping the rain stays away so we can walk, im going crazy being stuck in the house

Hi girls! sorry i haven't been in, i thought i'd replied a long post a week ago, but it doesn't seem to be there! so i haven't been getting the emails

BR sorry to hear about will's reflux, is it getting any better after treatment?
    Prama we bath Jack about once a week, sometimes more, but he has very dry skin, and we have bore water, so we're limiting the baths! unless he's really sooky, a bath seems to calm him down heaps

Jack is doing really well- going through a growth spurt at the moment- I can't believe how much he's eating! (and dare I say it- sleeping too). He's eating heaps during the day, almost every hour, and they're full feeds too. But at night, he's sleeping quite well. He's sleeping in his cot, has been since he came home. I had a couple of days in a B&B while the RFS did hazard reduction burning at the back of our place, and he slept in his pram bassinette, and he went fine!

will post more in a while- time for another feed :O will have to weigh him soon!

Hi just quick.
    Krystals DS also has very dry skin and cradle cap. I got onto the moogoo and it has helped heaps. We bath every second day as it does help to settle him.

We are now using the moogoo milk bar to was him and the scalp cream for his cradle cap which has now nearly gone after just a day!

thanks Loula, I hadn't seen the moogoo before- might get some for myself as well! I've got really bad hormonally induced eczema now that has stuck around, so looking for good products to use!

Elise, sounds like you and Brody have got it sorted out! I hope his reflux settles down. On the reflux, my brother had it really badly when he was a kid (he ended up getting surgery) but before that, they had what was called a GORD chair- so they can sleep sitting up. I don't know if they're still around, or still get used, but just thought I'd mention it.

Jack is just waking up again- seems every time I get on to post, he wakes up! Cheeky!!! He's still just looking around quietly though, so I'm not going to pick him up just yet Geez he grunts!!!! Little farty-mcfartfart too. hehehe- wouldn't trade him!!!

thanks Loula, I hadn't seen the moogoo before- might get some for myself as well! I've got really bad hormonally induced eczema now that has stuck around, so looking for good products to use!

Elise, sounds like you and Brody have got it sorted out! I hope his reflux settles down. On the reflux, my brother had it really badly when he was a kid (he ended up getting surgery) but before that, they had what was called a GORD chair- so they can sleep sitting up. I don't know if they're still around, or still get used, but just thought I'd mention it.

Jack is just waking up again- seems every time I get on to post, he wakes up! Cheeky!!! He's still just looking around quietly though, so I'm not going to pick him up just yet Geez he grunts!!!! Little farty-mcfartfart too. hehehe- wouldn't trade him!!!

Elise I hope you get the reflux sorted, Will is much better in the Zantac, he still has little chucks but he sleeps during the day and I dont have to hold him all day long, just when I want to! His colic has settled we have gone from one poo every two or three days to a couple each day with no pain. I am lucky to gave a dr who listens to me, he is 30 minutes away but it's worth it.

So after 3 visits to the drs we finally got what we were after. I got sick of being loyal to my dr as she wasnt helping at all and just kept saying, give it time it will fix itself and i went to a different dr today and he gave me a prescription for zantac for his reflux and antibiotic eyedrops for his very very gunky yucky eye, so hopefully ill have a different boy after a couple of days. Hes been very unsettled tonight and took alot longer to go to sleep than he usually does so hopefully that doesnt mean were in for a shocka of a night.
    Im finding it all quite overwhelming at the moment as DP has been away since tuesday and could be away for the next 2 weeks. I am loving getting all of brodys attention but didnt realise how much DP must have actually been doing when home, just that extra pair of hands is very helpful.
    Brody had his immunisations yesterday and he was so brave, he hardly even cried but i felt so awful doing it to him, but hes a tough cookie and he was fine
    Anyways im off to bed, hope you all have a great weekend and sorry for the very selfish post, ill get around to persies very soon

else - thank god the other gp prescribed something. it must be hard looking after brody all by yourself,e specially with him being sick. take care and hope you some rest on the weekend. has someone been giving you a hand with brody?

I am so happy that you have gone to see a different gp Elise, fingers crossed the Zantac works for you. It's made a big difference for us, although today will seemed to have a sore tummy again, I am wondering if it's my diet. I have a few questions for my gp next week, I have noticed his poo smells acidic sometimes and so does his dummy.

I hope your dh is home again soon, it is hard doing it all on your own.

Elise so pleased you got somewhere with the GP. It's frustrating at times. And more to the point I hope it makes a difference for you.

DS is better after the herbs we are giving him for his wind. Sleep is still nit happening unless he is on either of us. So most of the time that's me! Lol.

BR how is the house moving / hunting going? It's interesting you talk about your diet. It's so tricky to work out at times. I've cut down on my cows milk and I also think this has helped DS wind. Today his poo was bright green but I put that down to the spinach I ate yesterday. I had my first fizzy drink tonight since being pg so I wait to see if that will keep us both up lol.

Mel. Haven't seen you on line for ages hope you are ok?

Krystals how's things today?

LMK ive always wanted a large family all close together but after having one baby now I do wonder how to do it all. I take my hat off to you.

Xx

Having a bit of a rough day today- Jack is so overtired and just won't sleep. He sleeps beautifully at night, but is just so miserable during the day at the moment. He's feeding really well, but after 20 minutes of sleep he wakes up and then cries....until it's time for his next feed basically. I'm very happy to feed him as he needs it, but I can't see that he'd need to feed 20 minutes after he's finished his last one? He's definitely getting enough and I have plenty of milk. Even in the carrier he's crying. Poor poppet. Any ideas? I know he had a growth spurt last week- he was in 000 one day and out of them the next! It was unbelievable!

In other news, on his NONcrying day (he has a perfect child day every few days!) we had a reunion of our antenatal class now that we've all got our bubbas. At 5 weeks, Jack was the youngest by 3 weeks, but he was the second biggest! He was even bigger than the 11 week old! Boofer He was so good that day, a real little gentleman actually, hubby and I were so proud we high fived each other when we got into the lift!

Quote Originally Posted by krystals View Post
    Having a bit of a rough day today- Jack is so overtired and just won't sleep. He sleeps beautifully at night, but is just so miserable during the day at the moment. He's feeding really well, but after 20 minutes of sleep he wakes up and then cries....until it's time for his next feed basically. I'm very happy to feed him as he needs it, but I can't see that he'd need to feed 20 minutes after he's finished his last one?
    Same happening here most days! How are babies supposed to learn how to roll if they won't let you put them down lol. He is very happy when in my arms just not on the floor or in the bed alone.

He is co sleeping through most nights, but not during that day at all unless on a walk in the pram or on me in the HaB!

He also won't settle for anyone else but mummy. Which can be tiring.

So no advise here only that it will get better.

Home again so catching up ob posts.

Krystals i have the same issues on and off with Will too, he is much better with the Zantac and his reflux but he got really unsettled one day, it's funny you mentioned soft drink Loula as I think that's what caused it for us, I had a couple of glasses including fanta of all things. He was miserable all day not sleeping and kicking his legs.

We have given up on the house we put an offer in on, the RE said offer another $5k and it's yours so we did and now they want another $3k so we are back looking this week.

Prama I know what you mean about older siblings loving them to death, poor will gets body slammed and has his dummy stolen only to be put back.

Loula don't worry about tummy time and learning to roll, dd1 was always held for the first few months then one day she decided she wanted the floor instead and she took off even in her brace.

Forgot to add that he is always better on the days he has been in the car, it seems to calm him down.

It's quiet again, hope you are all enjoying the cuddles. I know you are Loula, loved your post.

Will is having wind pain today, and kicking his legs, it's different to the reflux. I am guessing it's the Zantac as it is a side effect.

We are going to a chiro tomorrow, with dh's blessing which kind of shocked me but he has been to one and they talked about how it can help babies. I am hoping it will help the reflux, wind pain and fix his curve when he lies down.

Quote Originally Posted by black_rose View Post

We are going to a chiro tomorrow, with dh's blessing which kind of shocked me but he has been to one and they talked about how it can help babies. I am hoping it will help the reflux, wind pain and fix his curve when he lies down.
    Hi BR, im here lol not often and finding time to read is challenging. now with the chiro, my MIL who is a MW swears by her chiro for babies esp after difficult or quick births, my niece goes sometimes for bed wetting.

Can i ask what's with the curve? how did you notice that, if DS would let me put him down i might have a look. we get a few clicks when i pick him up (coming from his arm!)

I hope everyone is doing great?

we didnt get much sleep last night but def better when he is in bed with me, infact the bassinett is now a clothes horse! lol

We are off to get DS brain scan on Friday, then the results at the pead in November.

I also booked in a christening date for November so im looking forward to that, just trying to order invertations. and that takes time too

I met a beautiful friend today, but its hard with a NB as feeding and nappy changes are in there too, and i also just stress about exposing him to sickness.

DH took DS from me tonight so i could have a nap, i havent needed to do that since i first got home, he is asleep now but i dont get much time, off to do a bit of banking then bad again

Love to all xx

I have learnt to read and post while feeding to pass time. Doing it now, it's past our bed time but Will is hungry.

Lou good luck with the scan, will be thinking of you.

It gets easier to catch up with people as they get older and more settled and have had their vacs, are you driving yet?

Will was lying in my tummy curved, his head was engaged, his bum was under my ribs and his body was to the left if that makes sense? He tends to still lie in the position now, he will prob outgrow it but since we have the appt I will get it checked.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast