Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~February 16th-28th 2009 #14

you go girl kaz with the haircut!!! whoo hoo!!
    boof snoozing on the couch at the moment lol
    had him weighed last week- he was over 14kg !! definately still a boof
    but he is tall for his age as well - 90%
    talking- lots of words and sentences every now and then that we can understand- having siblings makes soo much of a difference to their language development
    grr ye us stirring again
    try again another time

Kaz - yay on the sleep and haircut!! You will feel like a new woman - and yes, much kinder to leave him at childcare (for both of you).

Det - wow 14kg! He is a big boy, all that good mummy milk I agree that the sibling thing makes a difference, especially when they have to talk to get any attention!

Evening ladies

Kaz - hope you enjoyed your pamper time. How strange that DS settles well during the day and at bedtime, but not overnight? I hope the heater helps - we have been leaving the heater on overnight for a while, thankfully it doesn't seem to be killing our gas bill too much as its central heating! But I think its helping - its been so cold overnight. Hope it continues to help... 11pm to 7.20am is great!!!

Det - sorry again for ditching MG today... I really did go back to sleep as DH was here this morning so I took the chance I could, got up at 9am and went to playgroup. My theory was that if my mum and sister were both there, I'd get extra help with DD, having them to run around after her while I fed/tended to DS, but somehow she still managed to bite a poor girl!

Then when I was changing her nappy after the session, she went to bite my niece (who stupidly had put her finger in DD's mouth... what's up with that?), I pushed Lucy's hand away and grabbed DD's hand and said "No biting!" and then she went to bite ME!!!!!! She had bare legs as I was in the middle of changing... and so I thought grrrrr gave her a little smack and said "NO!" very loudly. I'm a bad parent... I was just so angry!

Maybe I would have been better at MG???? Sigh...

Lilima - enjoy planning for your ski trip next weekend. Little kids are so cute in their snow suits!!! How is DD? How is her sleeping going? Poor little poppet, hospital must have been a bit upsetting for her...

As for DD's behaviour, see above... I thought we were getting better but then at our playgroups this week (Tues and Weds, plus a music session on Fri) she was back to biting and hitting. I know she doesn't mean it - its normally when she is frustrated because they have taken a toy she was playing with or because she wants what they have, but its so frustrating for me.

She actually bit Det's son boof on Tuesday... but in her defense he did headbutt her first I don't mind so much when she beats up boof as he beats her up too, most of the time... and of course Det is cool about it... but when she bit him, his crying was pretty heartbreaking!

My DH had come to playgroup as I knew DS would need a feed as soon as we got there and DH was home, so he came along... on the way home he asked me "Is she always like that?" and I said "Pretty much." He said "Wow, that's hard work, no wonder you stress about it so much". Its nice that he now knows what its like for me!!!

She'll grow out of it... or at least she'll start to understand a bit better and hopefully she will stop.

Olive - its so hard when its constantly changing, isn't it? Just when you think they've got the bedtime thing down... DD has been having a cup of milk before bed since she weaned herself, so we do our bedtime routine of night nappy, brushing teeth, into sleeping bag, saying goodnight to everyone, cup of milk, prayers, tucked into bed. She used to just go to sleep but now she often needs us to go in and put her back into bed, sometimes up to three times, before she'll go to sleep. But we don't need to be in there, which I think is pretty good. And all we do is go in there, pick her up off the floor, tuck her back in, tell her "Time for sleeping, see you in the morning" and we leave. We've tried to make "Time for sleeping" one of our sleep cues. Mixed success...

AFU: see above for my comments on DD's behaviour. It is really up and down.

She can be so cute when she wants to, really lovely. We had friends round yesterday and we were telling them how fast she is developing and how good she's getting at following instructions - we told her to pick up a plate that had a party pie on in and give it to "Uncle Hamish", she went to use one hand and I said "Two hands, use two hands" and she grabbed it with both hands and took it to our friend Hamish. It was tipping and I said "Careful! Keep it straight!" and she did! We all clapped and told her how clever she was - she then proceeded to grab another plate that had a slice of cake on it and try to give that to Hamish too - but we might have ended up with cake all over the floor

But when she's in a mood - its so tough. She just wears you down!

Det- wouldve been nice up in Cairns, especially getting some sun! Whats that I'm thinking most days with all this clouds and rain.

Kaz- Vertigo ok atm (touch wood). Its funny you mentioned the heater cause when you said he settles at the start of the night I was gonna ask if he gets cold, we have probs here with that, start of the night pretty warm upstairs but can drop heaps, never know what to put them in. Hope that works more. maybe that in combinatoin with what you're doing is helping. Enjoy getting your hair done too, you need somehting done for you.

Meg- I hope her sleeping settles, when that sorta thing hapens its just like starting back from scratch again isn't it, like the newborn days trying to get them to sleep better. Maybe once she is fully over everything it will settle, have fun at the snow, when do you go?

Nai- J sounds like she is doing great! Clever cookie!

Olive- move further out where?! Don't you already live on the edge of the suburbs? mind you I want to move further out than we are, would love to move to the dandenong ranges but DF flat out refuses.

As for sleeping Emily is usually good, has her bottle then we go upstairs to bed, have a cuddle, mini chat, put her music thing on, kiss and goodnight, used to sleep thru but being bit off last couple weeks has changed that.
    Words I don't think she has as many as some of the toddlers in here but she does understand alot. And she sure loves saying no.

OP- you posted while I was writing. I know your DD will grow out of it but it is hard, good friends of ours have a 2yr old biter, last week they got called up by CC about it, they felt like being called to principals office. At the CC they just remove him from the situation and sit him on a chair with a book. I think once they get more verbal they grow out of it, its more frustration with not being able to express themselves. And its always handy when your DH gets to see what you deal with on a day to day basis!

Just lost my post. Can't be Arsed starting again. All I can say is e has been cring on and off for 1.5 hours nowxafter going to bed without a peep. A Long night for me I think

Hi girls,

Promise to try and catch up on the weekend.

DD is sick. She has been running a temp of 38.9 and fell asleep on me when we were out this morning!!!! Hasnt done that in almost a year!! Took her to the doctor and she has tonsilitis!!!! She has coped so well considering and was so funny at the doctors. He was doing all the usual checks and DDwas quite intrigued at the stethescope (sp?) he was using on her. He had a kids one in his office and gave that to her. She put it round her neck and then continued to put the round bit on my chest just like he did to her. She didnt laugh, just did it like it was nothing new then lay back down with her head on my chest. We were laughing. She was so cute.

Hoping she is better by next Sunday when we leave for Fiji.

ETA- Why the F word do they make antibiotics bright red??? DD just spits it out and it goes everywhere staining everything!!

is she on ceclor (sp) ali?? might make her hypo too, hope shes better soon darl

BBL visitors today

Ali hope she's not on flucloxicilin, DD was on that when she had an infection in her eczema and it seriously tasted like diesel.

Hope she's better soon and also lilima hope you had an ok night!!

Bum, can't remember what's going on!!

Ali - love all the fb pics of Fiji!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time.

How was DD with everything? We want to go soon and were wondering about how a toddler would find it. We're thinking about going when DD is about 3, DS will be about 20mths then. Do they have baby seats in the cars?

And you have to tell us the engagement story!!!

Shell - how did the MRI go?

Nai - how's the new job? Been meaning to chat to you about HR... Maybe if we have a catch up!

Olive- how fantastic about your little sleeper!! All your hard work has paid off

Lilima - are you and DS all better? Glad you had fun at the snow! Your flood photos were impressive.

Kaz - how's DS going?

Can't really remember anything else sorry... Hi to everyone!

Not much to report here. DD tried to bite someone again yesterday, a solicitor - I was signing a power of attorney for my parents and the lady was trying to stop her banging on the curtains. I really thought we were getting better...

Sorry OP I did find myself laughing at her trying to bite the solicitor! Lucky she didn't sue!
    I survived the MRI no one told me how noisy they were it was horrible the noise, I can understand why most kids need to be put out to have one. Get results this arvo.
    I wanna hear Alis engagement story too!
    We have no Internet, modem stopped working in power outage and virgin don't do broadband anymore so looking for new provider til then gotta try keep up on my iPhone. Much harder to write replies!

Hey everyone, just checking back in. It's pretty quiet in here. I haven't been in BB for a while and when I've popped in it's only been brief. Apparently a heap of posts went missing?......

Anyway hope all is well for everyone and their bubs and their bumps!

OP - Sorry to hear DD is still at it. I also thought, "hope she didn't sue".
    Shell - How did the MRI turn out? Any answers?
    Ali - Your photos are amazing! Please tell us the story. I love hearing how people are proposed to.

AFU - DS has been well until last night. Only one sleep through since sleep school 5 weeks ago though, although having said that things are much better with re-settling. He was up vomiting last night and has hardly eaten anything all day. He was car sick on Friday too for the first time ever. Even better, it was someone elses car!!!!!
    There is always something. Makes me think that parents with lots of kids must feel like their kids pass a baton around as to who's turn it is today to be unwell lol!

Hey Kaz :wave:

I'm round often but on the iPhone so it's difficult to write a long, meaningful reply!

Sounds like you guys are slowly slowly getting there with Master J. I really do admire your strength and patience with it all. I imagine it might not feel that way when you are right in the thick of it but I just think you're amazing!

Ali - still waiting for the story!

Nai - how's the new job?

Hi, I too am around, but have lost motivation with posting! Naughty me!

Had a wonderful time at the snow - thanks to Nai lending J an outfit!
    Also saw Miss Ash and Miss Emily yesterday. James is in love with Emily, and said that he is going to marry her!!!

Us Melb girls really need to organise a catch up, esp now the weather is better

Quote Originally Posted by lilima View Post
    James is in love with Emily, and said that he is going to marry her!!!

Too cute.

Meg- that is so cute! We better arrange a marriage but he'll have to deal with her mood swings! And when we unpacked the car after the party realised I didn't give u J's presnt! Will have to send to you.

And a Melb meet sounds great idea, def should organise.

OP, I'm in yr boat iPhone replies hard! We're waiting for our new connection.

Kaz, how is J? Hope being unwell hasnt stuffed up the settling. How you going with work and getting up to him in the night?

MRI results all clear, next step is a balance test in 3 weeks.
    Now I have bloody gastro and the sorest bum. At least there is no nausea, I reakon that's worse than anything else.

Just gotta add how similar my girls are, Every time I go mchn they are same weight/ height at same age, even their looks are so similar for that age. Personalities different.

That is so cute Meg!

I agree that a Melb meet is a great idea!!

Shell - my girls are SO different, in every way! They are different in pretty much everything except head circumference - they both have big heads

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast