Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Babies born~February 16th-28th 2009 #14

Lilima - you will be fine with uni. Just make sure you set aside enough time to do your work and make sure your DH knows he has to help out and support you!

With kinder I think I am just assuming she will be ready and if she isn't then we just do 2 years of 4yo kinder. At this rate her vocab is going great, 6 word sentences and new words every day and she can tell me exactly what she wants. She is counting well and starting to do her alphabet and recognises most colours and shapes. So developmentally I think she is fine and her social skills are well on the way as she can make friends, plays with other children and can share (most of the time). DD1 was 4 when school started and turned 5 in the first week - she is going well so far and seems to be very much on par with her peers so if DD2 is similar then it should be ok.

Toilet training is not even on the cards at our place. Miss J will usually tell me if she is wet or has done poos but not always. Sometimes she will run and sit on the potty and then run back to me saying "I did it Mummy!" but nothing is in the potty when I go and look. So I don't think she has the idea yet. She always goes into the toilet with DD1 so she knows what to do but she isn't ready to do it herself yet. Hopefully not too much longer though...

lilima - Good luck with uni!! You can definitely do it. What are you studying? (sorry if I missed a post about it earlier.)

TT - DS is doing some wees and poos in the potty and most in his nappy. Occasionally he'll tell us he has a dirty nappy but he's usually too busy. The times he uses the potty most are before the bath. He has wee'd in the toilet at CC once so far. He definitely has the idea and is very pleased with himself when he produces a result but I think it will be a little while before he is more reliable due to being easily distracted by fun stuff!

Vocab - We don't have 6 word sentences yet ( wow Nai that's awesome!) but I do hear the occasional 4 word sentence. New words all the time and lots of parroting what we say.

Kinder - haven't even thought that far ahead yet. DS is in care 3-4 days a week at this point and can continue at the same place until school so that's what we'll do.

Thinking of you and your family today Kaz.

have to go edit my book while DS is asleep, otherwise I won't feel like I've achieved anything today.

i went to a Kathy Walker presentation the other night and it was really good, talked about school readiness... about the emotional and social readiness, giving kids a bonus year at home or kinder etc.. worth looking into for thosw unsure if they will send to kinder next year, and even if they do that its ok to give them that bonus year if needed in kinder

Kaz thinking of you today darl xxxxx

Sounds interesting Olive. How do you find out when they are on?

E is being a nighmare atm. Onl,y wants to eat baked beans and cheese.

She has so much to say. i can't beleive the things she comes out with.

lilma google her name, i looked her webiste up today and couldnt find any info on upcoming presentations....a friend told me about it the arrvo it was on, it was a few suburbs away at a school, i think schools organise it for the community, i want DH to go to one, even though we are not sending DD2 to 3 yr old next year, there were lots of other great points!
    it might be worth a look at darl, oh and they do readiness assements for you and your child at the kinder to see if they should have a bonus year at kinder

I need to do some research. Not so much for E at this stage, but J is struggling. It will mean that he would be quite old for his year (he is in 4yo kindy atm and turns 5 at the end of Sept) but if it means that he manages better, I will hold him back.

darl there is a boy in DD1 kinder that is 6 this coming october, he did 2 years of 3 yr old, as this lady said they are better doing it in preschool (staying back) than in school, as some kids just never catch up and lets face it, he wouldnt even know he was doing a bouns year of kinder, he would if it were school definatly look into it, even get his assessed by her

I will def have to look in to it

boo!!

Boo!

Kaz- Been thinking of you, hope DP is recovering well post op.

Meg- My nephew did 2 years at kindy and so he is older now than all the kids but its never been a problem, he's just alot bigger than them cause he's big anyway. Check with your council too about info sessions/ speakers cause I know mine does either free or cheap I think on a range of topics.

No TT here, she sits on toilet, wipes, flushes, washes hands, dont think she quite realises the wee has to come in there. She runs off to the toy room now to hide to do poo, I offer toilet but she says No so don't push it.

I feel I am definately living the terrible 2's, so much screaming and no's and whinging. Fighting me when I make her hold my hand on the road or carpark, refusing bed, ahh the joys!

Mine is mainly refusing to eat everything that I serve up unless it is cheese, chicken loaf (blegh!) and baked beans. She cries and carries on......

lilma DD went to bed the other night without touching her dinner...her choice!
    shell DD hates holding hands too, she get two options, hold it or i carry her, it works! our frustration lies with communication, shes trying hard and is making lots of progrss just still hard to understand etc..
    was up for over 2 hrs with her last night..wasnt that fun...NOT

We have hand-holding refusal as well. I have practically dragged her by the wrist at times when she is screaming but she gets the option - I carry her or she holds my hand. In light of what happened Friday at our school she may not even get an option at that crossing anymore.

She also refuses to eat things but then she will everything in sight the next day - I can't predict it. I know her final tooth is about to break through so that could explain things so I hope it comes through soon!

Lots of testing the boundaries here. We have a carpark rule - hold hands or be carried. Same rule goes for roads. If he has taken his shoes off in the car then that means he has to sit in the pram. And taking him out of his pram and then trying to get him back in is murder - he throws a tantrum. I just ignore him and keep going because I can't back down. Sometimes it takes me 5 minutes to get him into the pram with him pulling at my glasses and hair. Fortunately it doesn't happen often.

We are still going through the great shoe rebellion of 2010. He walks around outside without his shoes, and the only way he's going to learn is to stand on a *****le or two.

We have fenced off part of our land, so he's got a relatively safe place to play, but he only goes out supervised, but at least now I don't have to worry about him wandering off into the creek.

Food, well I just leave his breakfast out and he cruises past and eats it at his leisure during the day. I only pick up his food if it is something like chicken. Still takes him 1hr to eat his lunch and dinner. I figure if he's hungry he'll eat and if he's not then at least I've put food in front of him.

He's into spagetti, noodles and fruit - but he goes through phases with the fruit. Still not really talking but communicating with pointing, and some words.... he's such a boy!

Am getting to the gym 5 days a week, although next term that will be a little tricky as I've enrolled DS into dance class - not because I'm being a pushy mum, but because I think it would be good for him to be in a group of toddlers who move around, and for him to get instructions and follow them, and because he likes to dance when music comes on the radio.

He's just getting the hang of gymnastics - although its a case of me running around the large room, pulling him off equipment and he doesn't stay or follow the class, but he's getting better, so I have to keep going... Again just another group activity for him to go to, get used to following directions, standing in line, doing something different from what he does at home.

Sorry for the information dumping and blathering on... the writing is going well, final edits, worked out a query letter to go to the agents, but feeling very unsure and hesitant about getting other people to read the book until I get an agent - because then it will feel more real. Having to query agents in the USA and UK because I haven't found any agents to date who handle this genre in Australia.
    Last edited by Malyna; March 20th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617