Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies born~February 16th-28th 2009 #14

Miss J in in long day care so she doesn't need 3yo kinder. Our 4yo kinder is in the same building as the LDC so she is automatically allocated a place in the kinder so no stress for us there - yay!

so nai she will do 4 year old in 2013??

anyone else holding back? so doing 3 year old in 2013?

Thinking about holding back but will just have to wait and see

She thinks she's ready for school - I don't think I'll be able to hold her back! Seriously though I hadn't considered holding her back so the plan is that she will definitely be going to 4yo kinder in 2013 unless something changes between now and then.

We're going to be starting Montessori 0 to 3 prog next term (coz I'm running it )...then when Miss A is ready she will move into the junior class when she's around 3...I love that these decisions are made with the parents and you're not forced into anything

I'm annoyed with my area now because all the kinders around here state for 3 year old kinder they have to be 3 by the end of january, yet 4 year old kinder and school you have by end april to turn the set age. So its crap cause all the kids born feb- april miss out. I will do what i did with Ash and do one day a week at CC for a year then go into 4yr old kinder. And I'll make sure I apply on time, didn't realise had to apply so early for 4yr, nearly missed out with Ash.
    And we're not going to keep Emily back, atm I think she'll be ok, I'll make the judgement when she starts kinder and if need be she can do an extra year there.

Ellie- Thats great that she gets to do something your running, will make it easier for her having you around.

Det- how long til you have to move out yr current place? You'll be living in a storage shed if you don't hurry up find somewhere! And yes i am excited bout footy! Lol.

Heaven- aww that is so sweet, the best part is seeing them together. My 2 fight alot but then the next second they really lookm out for each other and defend each other.

We don't have our mchn til march some time, hope I don't forget like last time.

Hey everyone! Sorry for being so slack. I have been thinking of you all but not keeping track of dates. Last year I wrote down everyone's birthday with big plans to post each day this year and now I can't find the bit of paper Its the thought that counts right?

So I'll just say a m assive to all the gorgeous toddlers!

Nai - DS has a DVD with that 'ants go marching song' plus a bunch of other counting songs. It's really cheaply made with kids singing all the songs and he absolutely loves it. Will sit glued to it for nearly 30mins without moving but I can't stand it. Drives me bonkers so it only comes out when I'm desperate! lol.

Just wanted to let you guys know that DP is back in hossy tonight. Seems he had some kind of seizure today. It's just never ending. Right when we thought life could start getting back to normal after cancer we possibly have epilepsy to deal with now. I feel terrible for him and am barely keeping it together. I burst into tears at a mates place this afternoon who had minded DS (and then fed him and bathed him) while I took a bag out to DP and waited for his lumbar puncture to be done (takes a while). I just can't believe we're back in the middle of the medical system, having to go through tests and work out what's going on again. It's scary and it sucks and I want to get off

ETA - please don't mention this on fb. DP and I have a lot of the same 'friends' in there and I'm not sure if he wants to be as public about this as he was the Lymphoma. Ta.

Kaz- I really hope he is ok. How long are they expecting him to stay in for?
    You have already been through so much.

I am really interested in the Montessori school. There is one that is walking distance from us. But the primary school is just shy of $2,000 per term . As much as I would love to send the kids there, and really believe in their philosophies, we just will be really Syracuse to send them there.

Got to go and finish packing for our one week camping trip. Wish us luck that it doesn't rain.

Kaz - DH has epilepsy and once they got the meds right, its all under control - he hasn't had a seizsure in 20 years. Hugs - loads of big squishy hugs.

Just found out that BIL wants all the groomsmen to buy suits for his wedding, because the hire ones look cheap - now the one DH hired for our wedding 8 years ago looked fabulous and def not cheap, so I think BIL is just being a PITA.

I haven't even thought about kinder. Maybe I'll have to start looking at it. I was hoping we could just get into the local catholic school program... but I'm not sure how thorough that is.... EEEK!! sigh.. I need to get organised!

DH goes to his sleep clinic tonight - hopefully they can sort him out.

Kaz - Big hugs hun...thinking of you and sending lots of love and prayers xxx

Kaz- Can't believe you are going down another path, how is DP? Have they put him on meds done tests? Please look after yourself also.

Meg- Yeah $2000 a term all adds up, esp when both kids are at school. sucks tho when you really like a school. Enjoy camping!

Malyna- That is pita, they can be quite exxy.

Hey ladies

Kaz... Massive hugs to you, I cannot believe you are going through all this! Thinking of you lots.

I'm so confused about kinder now... I need to look into it. I'm definitely sending her though as I think she needs it - she is so crazily independent, I think she needs more structure than I can give. Or is that just a cop out?

I think she will really benefit from it anyway.

Heaven - congrats again on the birth of Ruby. She is gorgeous!

Hi everyone else!! Sorry for slack post!

Slack post here as just back from a week of camping. Will be back tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by OceanPrincess View Post
    snip
    I'm so confused about kinder now... I need to look into it. I'm definitely sending her though as I think she needs it - she is so crazily independent, I think she needs more structure than I can give. Or is that just a cop out?

I think she will really benefit from it anyway.

Heaven - congrats again on the birth of Ruby. She is gorgeous!

snip

Congrats Heaven - sorry for missing your BA. Awesome birthday - same as DS. Way to go with the VBAC.

Also confused about kindy too. Am trying to get Alex into daycare for one day a week, so hopefully he will be more regimented - if that makes sense. He's still too busy doing his own thing.

KAZ How's DP going? I think it takes awhile to get the medication levels sorted out.

AFU: Have been working on my query letter and finally have something worthy to go out to agents. Although I still have another 300 pages to edit. We are building a fence to keep Al near the house - star pickets and chicken wire - nothing fancy but it should hopefully work. DS has been very busy carrying tools around the garden (mostly spanners), cracked a small tanty when I tried to pack them away - I was messing up his spanner order or display or something.

Still kinda cosleeping - DS ususally wakes about 2am and then we cosleep from there. Still trying to wean him off the boob for when he goes to sleep. Slowly working.

Need to go have some coffee to wake up.

OP DD1 did toddler group (loosely structured-participation encouraged but not enforced) at aged 2.3 (start of 09) then 3 yr old then 4 yr old, we looooove the kinder system as does DD1.
    DD2 will follow in the same footsteps though by 2013 4yr old will be increased from 12.75hrs to 15.
    id definatly do it, just decide when you want her to go, as in 3 yr old next year of like us the year after, or do two years of 3yr old

Dd goes to ABC one day a week and will next year too. She seems to enjoy it there. I just don't like the idea of her being 4 and starting school. She also won't be allowed to do the first term of 3 yo kindy (if we send her -since she is already at ABC I might not bother with it) as you have to be 3 by 31 Jan.

I just remember my sister struggling so much, and my mum regretting sending her. So I sill wait till closer to the time and decide then.

Good luck with the book editing. 2am co sleep isn't too bad.

Had a great camping trip. Stayed on a camp ground that had farm animals so the kids loved it. Sad to be home to reality.

I start uni today (correspondence) wish me luck as I will really need it.

I know there is one lo here that is toilet trained . Anyone else? E will sit on the toilet , but that is abou it.

Her vicar has just taken off lately. Oh and she hS learnt her colors (well red blue yellow green orange and purple )

That should read Vocab not vicar - stupid iPhone typing!

Olive - thanks for the words of advice on kinder. I think I'd rather hold DS back a year if he's not coping with kinder, although I think he's going to be fine.

His vocab isn't great but he's making monkey noises when he sees a monkey et al. And we have an agreement that I don't understand screaming so he has to show me what he wants, which he does - including when he wants panadol.

lilima - I thought your vicar had taken up jogging! (roflol).

The camping holiday sounds wonderful. DS goes to playgroup once a week, where everyone else does activites and sits down for morning tea, while Alex runs amok.

As far as toilet training, well he'll flush the toilet after I've used it, likes to point out my lack of a willy but he's scared of sitting on the toilet. I'm hoping that because he sees mum and dad sitting on it and not being scared that he'll eventually get over his fears and use it. I sound like the crazy woman when I see him squatting and say "Oh are you doing a poo?).

You can do uni... Correspondence is much easier than doing classes. I did my entire degree correspondence, but did dabble with oncampus uni for a few weeks awhile back. At least you can do your uni in your pj's, and think of all the travel time you'll save. Just be disciplined and stay ahead of the curve at the start of the semester. I used to sit down and go through the timetable and give myself fake deadlines (a week or two ahead of the actual ones) so I knew I'd have some leeway.

You can do it!!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast