Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~February 16th-28th 2009 #14

kaz i think its a great idea post your experieces at the sleep school on the forum! and dont feel like you cant darl xxxxxx
    just a thought as he sounds so much like DD2, has he been checked for glue ear?????

Shell DH told me last night i could have another baby ..... conditions apply

AFM DD seems tio have had a huge leap develpomentally this week, blowing nose, two new words, self feedng better, etc....

Olive - what are the conditions?

We had J's 18m check today and she is 11kg and 81cm so 50th percentile for both She hated her needle but all was forgotten when I gave her a freddo

DD1 must be the lightest (so far) shes only 10.5kg

Nai what stuff developmentally is J doing???
    our MCHN is trialling the new system so they dont do as much stuff as they used too

the conditions are moving further out, i dont want to so wont happen

I'm getting Isabel weighed etc next week so will confirm then but I'm pretty sure she's around 12-13kg!

Developmentally, her vocabulary increases every day it seems - she can now say sorry (required with her current behaviour at Playgroup!), mouse, horse, duck, bibi (biscuit), dodo yoyo (Dora yoghurt ), help, away... A whole lot. She's a big talker. She says whole sentences and gets frustrated when we don't understand her - mind the sentence is all babble!

I did get excited when I told her to "help mum pack away the blocks" and she came over and said "help mama way." That's pretty good I think!

So the immunisations - they were ok Nai? Must remember to get a freddo, good call!

DD screams more than she talks allllll day!
    but she knows all her body parts

its great to see where all the kids are at! i love hearing what they're all doing!

Haha olive DD says "Elmo!" for elbow.

OP - immunisations were fine. She had a little cry (ok, scream) but was good after the freddo distraction.

Some of the things that we talked about that she is doing: stacking blocks, running, jumping, climbing. She knows her head, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, chin, cheeks, arms, hands, legs, knees, feet, toes. She counts to 3. She says about 20-30 words including: mummy, dadda, nanna, narnar, Vievey, sister, Benny, up, out, no, yes, hat, shoes, more, no more, eyes, ouch, apple, bottle, bye, hello, bath, bubbles... that's all I can think of at the moment. She can say the sounds that 10 or so animals make. She can follow 2 step instructions (when she feels like it) and she is throwing tantrums worthy of a 2yo I think that's about all we went through.

arrrhhhh tis all good then, DD is the same as J nai, just not with the vocab! knows her animals too!

Ok - new word "MINE" I wonder how she learnt that one!!

Morning!

nai!!

ive been meaning to ask, how do your little ones go down at night? are they rocked/fed to slee etc.. do they take a bottle to bed?? or self settle?

DD has started a new habit of needed us to stay with her until she falls asleep shes gone from self settleing and sleeping like crap to needing us but sleeping muuuuuch better!
    it can take me around 30 mins from feeding her to standing in her room for her to fall asleep, i dont like it, but it seems to be the only way at the moment, but id rather this to crap sleeping!
    Last edited by Olive; August 26th, 2010 at 09:32 AM.

Olive - DD1 was like that and needed us to stay in with her but she slept all night. DD2 will self-settle but wake during the night occasionally and she wakes very early! She normally has a bottle before bed and will finish it in bed, chat to herself, play her musical aquarium and put herself to sleep. It can take anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes.

Hi peoples been MIA a bit as so busy with work and sick DD. She is still not that well and has conjunctivitis. Still not liking going to bed and is howling for up to an hour. I think she is still stressed about being in hospital.

Before she was sick she went to bed very similar to Juliette, and would sleep through timm about 7:30pm.

Nai - How did G go with skiing? We are taking J next weekend, but not sure he will have to stamina to last the whole day in ski school. What did you do with J while you were skiing?

Malayna - that must have been extremely distressing for you. I am glad that he wasn't hurt.

I am on a new page, so can't see previous posts. I am sorry that you are getting stressed on your return home from sleep school, I hope things improve soon.

OP - How's Is going? Is her behaviour getting any better?

Shell - How are you? Feeling any better?

Ok better go. E is asleep and I want to get dinner organised as I have netball tonight.

With skiing, I wouldn't recommend all day ski school, just do the morning or afternoon. G ended up not liking it at all anyway so we got her private lessons which were much better but they are only for an hour. Then we went out with her. Miss J went to childcare for a few hours when we went out on a couple of days and the other times DP and I took turns in going out or looking after the girls.

I was thinking of putting J in for the morning and then he can ski with me in the afternoon as most likely one morning of hard skiing will be enough for unfit me. We have a holiday house in Bright, so we drive up each day. We hhave decided that E will stay down the mountain with my mum, but if we go back the following weekend we will need to bring her with us. Did you hire kids stuff in Melb or up there? J needs a ski suit and they cost a fortune really even to hire!

We bought stuff from Aldi You can borrow some stuff from us if you like depending on when you are going. I hired skis for G on the mountain.

Really? What does Aldi sell? James just needs a ski suit and not bringing E this time.

hey girls
    still here!
    i read most days but havent had the chance to reply- i am soo slack- sorry !!!
    all good here
    went to see my nan in cairns for the weekend - took both the boys with me- DD is scared of flying- it was awesome to get some sun on my bones!!! Boys were good as well
    boof slept the whole way there and back- a legendary flyer- in fact slept more on the plane than he does at nights!!!

kaz- if it is any consolation boof is a bad sleeper as well. in fact all my kids didnt sleep well until they hit 3 year old kinder. The only way we get any sleep in our house with boof is to co-sleep. He only falls asleep on the boob, and he wakes heaps and i have to re feed him back to sleep again. I put him in his cot and he sleeps for a bit, and then he wakes- this keeps on going until i give up and chuck him in with me.
    is this a hassle??? sometimes -but for me it isnt a stress. He will sort himself out when he wants to. He just hasnt learnt to resettle yet. I cant force him to learn- he will get it when he does! So please kaz dont think you are alone!!!!!!!
    mind you my two non sleepers are now in their own beds sound asleep now- so it does eventually happen!!!!! Just when they are ready!!

shell- i hope you start to feel better soon- it must be soo [email protected]!!!!
    Olive- hope you kids are feeling a bit better- you have had a rough trot
    lilima- enjoy the snow- how exciting for mr J- he will love it- we still havent taken any of our kids to see snow yet- its on the list but just hasnt happened [email protected]!! Hopefully soon- we were thinking of going to lake mountain for the day
    ali- not long to go till fiji- enjoy!!!
    Malyana- what a scary thing to happen- so glad that he is ok- take care hun!!!

grrr- boof awake again
    see !!!!
    BBL
    xxx

Hi girls,

Doing this from memory so apologies if I forget anything.

weight - DS is 10.1kg - they weighed him at sleep school so it's a recent weight.
    going down at night - this is bizarre but he doesn't need any kind of settling at night. Almost all the time he goes straight from the bath, gets dressed, quick cuddles and into his bed. He goes straight to sleep 90% of the time. Go figure. I think that's why his overnight re-settling is so frustrating, he can do it during the day and to go down at night but just not on waking overnight so each wake up is 1-2 hours of effort to get him back down again.
    words - DS doesn't have as many as the girls! He has quite a few but I've never bothered counting them. I am still working on him saying 'ta' when I give him something It's very hit and miss.

Det
    - Thanks hun. Rationally, I know I'm not alone and I know he will get it eventually but sometimes emotionally and in the middle of the night it's the end of the world!
    olive - ooohh another bub? wahoo for you! DS hasn't had his 18month check yet but the paed at sleep school checked his ears so I figure he would have found glue ear? I've had DS to the Dr.s each cold/flu too over the past few months getting his ears checked cause I know you've had issues and I wanted ear infections ruled out.
    Lilima - oh conjunctivities is so yuck! I hope it clears soon and that DD settles better at night times again.
    OP - DS talks in jibberish sentences too. He's so earnest about telling me and I feel so guilty that I have no idea what he's said. Sometimes my reply seems satisfactory and other times he gives me 'the look' and I know I've got it wrong
    Nai - DD2 is so clever!! She sounds way ahead of the typical 18 month old. Love all her words. You guys must be able to have full conversations!
    Shell - How is your vertigo? Hope it's staying away.
    Ali - when do you leave for your holiday?

AFU - We've had better nights the last couple of nights. Last night particularly was pretty good and I'd put the heater on in his room (really cold here atm) and he slept from 11pm to 7:20am straight So the heater is the new strategy!
    I am off to get my hair cut this afternoon - finally. Has been driving me nuts but I could never get time so last week I cracked it and booked DS into extra care hours at his centre I figure it's kinder to him to let him play than stay with me stuck in the stroller and unhappy.

Hope you have a great weekend everyone.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast