Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 1st-15th 2010 #1

Jessey - I definitely don't think it's right that they didn't tell you about Shay. And I'm not sure that it can all be put down to them not wanting to worry you. If it was me, I'd personally make a complaint about it. But that's just me.

You'll have to make sure you let us know how she went at her 4 week check tomorrow!!

OP - I will definitely lket you know where you can see my little man when his picture gets put up. I don't think I can post websites on here, so I can tell you what to coogle to find it.

I'm going pretty good without mum here. That having been said I do miss her. It will be close on 11 months now before I get to see her again. DH and I pay for a plane ticket for her to come out and visit every year in h3er summer vacation (she's a school teacher). It does get hard sometimes living so far away..but at the same time it also means I'm far away form my dad and there is little chance of him coming to visit (we don't get along at all, he was very emotionbally abusive to us all and I have issues with the fact that he cheats on my mum...but I won't get into that). So far I've been abled to at least do one load of laundry a day, which means his MCN's are getting washed, and DH has cooked dinner all three nights, so that's really helped.

Hi Girls been reading but never had enough time to reply but here I am - hope everyone is well I will apologise in advance for lack of personals. Typing one handed as I am sure you can all sympathise with.

DS got weighed today he is 1 month old today, it has gone so quickly but it feels like he has been here forever. When he was born he weighed 4.02kg and he now weighs 5.2kg he has put on 600g in 2 weeks so doing nicely he is bursting out of his 000 wondersuits both sideways and lengthways he is 57.5cms long so has put on 1.8cms. He feeds well and sleeps well I havent said much about him as he is a really good baby and I dont want to jinx myself lol.

I am not into MCN's like you other ladies but I have had to buy some because little man does 1000 small poos a day instead of a couple of nice big pooslosions, still waiting on one of those but I am sure it will come no doubt it will happen when we are out shopping lol. He went through 36 nappies from thursday night to sunday morning I know crazy hey. So thought the mcns might help is save a bit they are only cheapos but they will do.

Anyway hope you are all well xoxo

Hey ladies had Shay's 4week check up today (was meant to be wednesday but the receptionist had booked it for next wednesday by accident ) she weighed in at 5530g (4655g at birth) and 58.5cm long (57cm at birth) Also she'll be meeting her uncles for the first time tomorrow They've been sick since she was born and are only just better, so that will be cool.

Salad - thats CRAZY! 36 nappies! Don't blame you for grabbing a few clothies lol

We're a bit of a quiet bunch aren't we hope everyone's well

Hey ladies!

I started writing a reply this arvo but the laptop died (prob cuz I hadn't charged it lol) and I lost it! Ahh!!

Jessey - woo great weight gain for little Shay! Sounds like she is growing nicely. Hope she enjoys meeting her uncles - or well that they enjoy meeting her anyway.

Salad - 36 nappies!!! That is insane! I get a lil annoyed at DS when I change him and five mins later he does a poo, but that will generally only happen once or twice a day. Good plan to get some cloth! The only thing about cloth is the washing... with one it was ok but two in cloth is doing my head in a bit...!

Glad to hear the E is still being a well-behaved little boy for you. X is the same - busting out of his triple zeros! I thought tonight might be time to move the double zeros in and the triples out... but now it is 10pm and I am still on here, lol. They grow so quickly - time passes even faster! I know what you mean about feeling like they have been here forever!

Dr T - must be hard being so far from your mum. Think I already said that but I am very close to my mum so I can't quite imagine living so far from her... Glad you are adjusting and that DH is helping with dinner and things. Just do what you can! The rest can wait

How's everyone else going??

AFU: still co-sleeping in the early hours of the morning. This morning we had DD awake at 5am and DH brought her into bed with us too... so we had four in the bed. DH thinks we need a bigger bed I felt a bit sorry for him, as I put X on the edge of the bed next to me (well in, with my arm around him, so he doesn't go anywhere), then there's me, then we had DD and DH was on the other edge. But with three other people he didn't have a lot of room - his bum was hanging over the edge

Anyway, I think I'm getting better at the co-sleeping business - this morning he woke at about 1.30am, I fed him, he stirred at about 3am and I managed to feed him the other side and thought "I'll get him back into his cradle after this" and then it was 5am! Hmm!

Still feeling pretty exhausted though. How's everyone else going with sleep? I struggle most with the early starts - my DD is generally awake some time between 5 and 7am... We are sending DD to my IL's house on Sat night for a sleepover, so I'm hoping I'll be able to catch up with some sleep Sunday morning.

Apart from that, all is pretty well - still fighting off the various colds and viruses that seem to be lingering around our little family, nothing that two weeks in Fiji with ten hours sleep straight each night wouldn't fix!! Bring on summer!

OP - mum's been gone one week todayand so far so good, Except for the fact that I really miss her (has been harder this year, not sure if it's because she was here for longer and so I got use to having her aroudn again or if it's because I'm a mum now)....and the fact that she really misses B and I and has been calling practically every single day.

Jessey - Sound's like Shay is growing leaps and bounds!

Salad - That's a LOT of nappies wow!!

(replies are getting shorter as I now have B attached to a boob and it's harder to type

AFU - B had his 6 week check up on Thursday. He's gained 1 kilo exactly since he was born and he's grown 5cm (the doctor measured him a lot better then the midwives...had him all stretched out and he wasn't crying or kicking or anything so he got a REALLY good measurement)

Gotta run...time to burp! (b that is )

Ladies,

How are we all? Gone pretty quiet in here - everyone enjoying life with their little bundles of joy??

Dr T - I've already said it, but I can't imagine living so far from my mummy. I hope it gets a bit easier for you! Just keep your eye on the next visit... imagine how big little B will be by then! Do you skype???

5cm, that's a long growth spurt!! Sounds like he's growing really well

How's everyone else going?

AFM: Little X is going well, he has good stretches and then a rough patch here and there. He gets really bad pains from wind every now and then, poor thing. At the moment he is really awake in the bouncer, looking around... has just started grizzling... think it might be more wind... he's been awake for over an hour, after only have a 20min powernap at about 7pm... sigh!

Better go and see if I can settle him...

It is very quiet in here.

OP - Mum's visits are actually pretty good. Because she comes out every year for her summer break she'll be here every year for B's birthday. So I try to look at that as a positive as she doesn't even get to see my brother's two girls for their birthday.

B gets really bad wind as well. I've found that running his legs after every feed seems to help. He still gets wind, but not as bad as he does when I don't run him.

AFU - B had two massive poos last night (he's not been pooing much lately) and WOW did they STINK!! It's like my milk went into his mouth and through a toxic waste dump before coming out. I thought BF babies poos weren't suppose to smell as much??? or is that just an urban myth? Because if it's not I'd hate to think what the poo of formula fed babies smells like.

Also took B for a ride on my boy the other night....only a real short one, but it was good to get on him again and he was such a good boy too.

I'm going to post some pics now of B on his first horse ride (about time, it was at least 3 weeks ago now) So you'll not only get to see B again, but my horse!!

huh. For some reason I can't seem to add a new picture to my album...will have to go ask someone

Dr T - so cute about B's first horse ride!!! Did you get the photos up?

That's great that your mum will be here for his birthday, well timed Will make it even more special.

Re the smelly poos - X's smell quite a bit too, you're right, bf babies aren't supposed to have really smelly ones, I'm thinking it's a boy thing - my DD's never smelled that bad!!

X does really stinky farts too - when he is able to anyway!!

We have mammoth poosplosions too. We got some of them with DD but it seems like every poo with X is an explosion that takes out the PUL nappy cover! I've got four covers for my nappies and there was one day where I had three dirty ones washing and one on X - if he'd had another explosion we'd have been in trouble!!!

We're off for my 6 wk post natal check up on Friday - can't believe how fast it has gone!!!

Question: has anyone jumped back in the saddle yet? The metaphorical saddle, iykwim?? DH thinks we should try before my check up, to see if everything feels ok. He's only thinking of me, if you believe that

hahaha OP hilarious about jumping back in the saddle I think we are going to give it a go this weekend I just want to get it over and done with - the whole fear factor thing, I dont feel sore which is great, will just be a bit nervous. Poor DH had to wait 6 months after I had DD.

Remember me telling you all about the 36 nappies well after I went out and brought some mcn's we got given 300 yes 300 newborn nappies lol I couldnt believe it. Problem is now he is pretty much busting out of the nb ones so I am hoping that maybe somewhere like big w might swap an unopened box for some in the next size up. Can only ask I guess. My next door neighbours are the managers of our local big w so might ask them.

Nothing else to report here really just enjoying every moment.

Sal - that's incredible, 300 nappies!! Nice gift! They'll last you 9 days at your current rate

I reckon they would swap them. Definitely worth a try.

Hmm I think we might give it a go soon too... Poor DH is feeling a bit unloved!

hmm 9 days god thats a lot of nappy changes in a short space of time no wonder my hands are like sandpaper.

Salad - What a fantastic present to be given. With any luck you should be able to exchange them. If they are unopened, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to

OP - Still no luck on getting the pictures posted. I asked about it in the gallery help section, but so far no one has answered me. Hopefully soon.

As for 'getting back in the saddle' I've gotten back in both saddles (that is horse and husband)
    after completely loosing my sex drive when I got pregnant, it came back with a vengence as soon as B was born. I was so toey I'd get turned on if I saw DH with his shirt off SO I managed to wait an entire 4 1/2weeks....felt like AGES. DH kept asking me...are you sure this is okay. You got stitches you know. I don't want to hurt you kinda sweet really. The first time did hurt some but not very much. Now it's mostly back to normal...I say mostly because (again) I'm sure it's better then it was before!

Dr Tal - You go girl good for you getting back in the saddle(s) lol. DH can hardly wait for the weekend, one of the guys at his work asks him everyday if he has got some yet lol. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! I have been reading when I can, but haven't had a chance to reply and now I have forgotten who has posted and what, sorry. Travis is just not a sleeper, most days I can't get him to sleep at all until between 7 and 9pm at night, except for the odd 20 minutes if I'm lucky. Today has been unusual, he's had a couple of naps that have lasted an hour or so!!

I've been thinking of all these things I want to ask but just never get around to it and now I've forgotten what they are! One was actually whether anyone had got back in the saddle, so it has been interesting today to read the latest discussions! I'm really nervous about DTD again, I'm still tender down there - there's scar tissue that's quite hard. I also have a fissure on my bum, not that I expect it to be a problem for DTD, lol.

Another thing I was going to ask was whether anyone else had abdominal separation? I had 6cm - I don't know when I'll get back to trampolining! I miss it so much.

On the subject of nappies - I gave up on MCNs and bought 200 biodegradable nappies on ebay (they were left over from a bulk buy so relatively cheap, and it turned out i knew the seller!). When they run out I'm going to use terry towel nappies with baby beehind PULs, had been doing that a bit but the nappy is so big on little Trav.

Cat meowing at me! If not bub is cat. Must go feed her.

Hope to be back soon!!
    Emma

Sal - Good luck for 'jumping on the horse' again this weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you That's hilarious that your DH has someone at work who keeps asking him if he's gotten any yet. One of the guys my DH works with before I gave birth told him that he shoudl ask the Dr. to put a couple extra stitches in if I needed any

Emma - No I didn't have any abdominal separation (that I know of) but it doesn't sounds super pleasant! As for the scar tissue, I had quite a bit, and that's what hurt at first (I think) but now it's good.

AFM - My question for everyone. How are you all going with your pelvic floor exercises? I'm having a hard time even finding mine...as in I really need to concentrate hard to tighten them, and even then sometimes they don't respond....any tips/suggestions??

Just a quick reply from me - DH woke me up around midnight last night (had only been in bed for half an hour sigh) looking for a bit of action... He has been so patient, think I might have to make an effort tonight... Wish me luck... Libido just hasn't returned...

Just a quick post for me before I have to get back to making dinner!

Dr Tal - maybe you should contact the physio about the pelvic floors. They helped me figure out how to activate my transverse abdominals with ultrasound and some breathing techniques so I reckon there's probably a similar thing they can do for you. I was surprised by how well I could do my exercises soon after birth, but your question made me realize I hadn't been practising for a while and now it's much harder!!

So who else has a pukey baby? Travis brings up something after every feed, and often quite a bit, even though I'm breastfeeding him.

Just wondering what everyone else's days are like? Does anyone get time to do house work? How do you put your baby to sleep? How do you know when they are ready for sleep? What do you do for "play" time?

I got an hour this morning where bub was happy to just lie in bed and look around the room while I made myself breakfast and did last night's dishes. It was wonderful!!! And this evening he is actually having a sleep. I so hope that doesn't stop him from going to sleep after his feeds tonight.

Hope everyone is well!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast