Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 1st-15th 2010 #1

delphmoon - Yay for still having milk And i hope Gumnuts baptism goes well
    That sux that they never jacked up your old place its so frustrating. Cos the house sinks most doors don't close, they either scrape along the polished wooden floors or the hole in the door jam they're supposed to click into don't line up IYKWIM
    so sweet about your DH sounds like he's an awesome daddy

aww delph I got all teary with that stuff about gumnut and your DH, its so sweet, my DH is the same he loves our kids so much, he is a really emotional guy,you know not scared to cry and tells you how he is feeling, sounds like a big girl lol but he is the biggest strongest bloke, a real bloke but one who is in touch with him emotions. Thats the cancer starsign in the July baby boys so all you gals out there with July boys they are a real catch and great men to have in your lives. I am really blessed as My DH, DS, my FIL and GFIL are all July boys (cancer starsign) and they are all the same, could not get more kinder loving caring intelligent people.

Dr Tal - I am so sorry to hear about your dog, they are like family arent they. I have a 9 year old chihuahua and she was hit by a car a couple of weeks ago and I thought we might have had to put her down but she pulled through, I was a sobbing mess when I was faced with the reality that she may not be with us anymore. I swear she is a cat, she has been run over by a motorbike too and survived that.
    My grandparents had a blind dog and she found her way around ok, I think its when they are bumping into things and have no quality of life that its best not to be cruel and send them to dog heaven. I know its not an easy decision to make but if the dog is miserable I think its not fair on the dog. Big :hugs: to you, I wish I could give you a hug in real life.

AFM - not much more to report, DS is a little gem, he is trying to roll over, I said to DH the other day I dont think he is going to roll anytime soon but on sunday he started to there you go I will eat my words.
    Starting to suffer a bit of hayfever and apparently there is nothing you can take if you are breastfeeding. It hurts so much and ends up turning into a migraine. I have heard of Brauer allergy relief so might check that out tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else

Hi everyone!!! i am soooooo sorry i have been sooo slack!! I havent even had time to read posts let alone write anything!! I have had visitors coming in and out for the last few weeks!! Its been great to catch up with people, but hectic at the same time!!! And sooooo much washing of sheets and towels i felt like a bed and breakfast!!!

So sorry i have no personals coz i havent read back through the posts, except for whats on this page and salad.. i have a july man too!!! He is a big sooky lala who looks like an ox!! (ox is his chinese sign!!) He is definately better at expressing emotions than i am and he is always the one who wants to "talk" about things alot more than i do!!!

AFU we are all doing great! Getting into some kind of regular routine- Kaleisha is just an honestt to god dream baby- if i could be gaurenteed ten of her i would have ten kids!! I swear, she is just the best- she is getting bigger and she has discovered she has hands that are really tasty! Shane is going great too- he is being a terrific big brother and loves putting K's dummy back in her mouth and making her smile- he isnt much for cuddles with her, but loves laying down with her in the jungle playthingy and is always the first to hear her noises when she wakes up (yes noises- she doesnt cry lol she makes noises!! lol) I think he is dropping his day sleep though which has been fun!! He starts day care for one day a week next week- so that will be nice for me and K to have some mummy daughter time!!

Well i am being summonsed to play farms, so i wll really try to make an effort to pop in here more!! i hope everyone is well and tonight i might try and read up on all the posts i have missed!!!

Take care everyone!!! xxoo

HI SB - dont stress we all know what its like.
    My DS is the same he never cries when he wakes up even when he is hungry he just coos and I go pick him up and feed him, unlike my DD when she was little and still now wakes up either crying or grumpy she is a capricorn and you never know what you are going to get with them. My sister is a capricorn also and she is the same, she said to me, dont talk to a capricorn in the morning until they talk to you, so we just let DD wake up first then she is fine lol.

Hey all.

SB- I didn't post for months so I'm sure your week or soo is totally ok! LOL...How very cute that your DS helps out...I can imagine how hectic it must be...I don;t know how you guys do it...one baby is hard enough...

Not much to report really. DD Is still sleep through the night it continues. I have started scrapbooking the millions of photos I have of her- not the fancy scrapbooking, just the normal style.....I'm not that creative. DH bought me an early anniversary present...a high tech camera...not that I know how to use the high tech stuff... lol Now I am even more excited about her baptism on Sunday...more millions of photos....

Yesterday DD was very shi^^y...she didn't have her nap and by dinner she was crying her head off. DH said "let me try" and within a minute she was smiling at him and within five minutes she was asleep. DH didn't want to wake her so he said to leave tea in the microwave and he sat for an hour and looked at her... My heart was bursting with happiness...they have made it

Salad- My brother in law is a cancer and he is exactly as you described...weird hey!

to everyone!!! Enjoy your day

Delph - How cute about your DH and Gumnut. It's so fantastic to watch them interact and bond isn't it?

That's really nice that your DH bought you a high tech camera. Sounds like you're going to have lots and lots of funny taking photos at the baptism!

That's really sad about your blue heeler I can definitely sympathise (I lost my big boy's older sister, same parents different litter, to cancer...very hard)

Salad - My DH is a Scorpion not a Cancer, but he's still a real softie, not that you'd pick it from looking at him. We'll often be watching a show with a sad part and I'll look over and he'll have a tear in his eye. And Monday when I called him to tell him about my big boy being blind (my boy is a bit lazy and won't think about getting out of bed until I do) he came home from work at lunch with a massive pork chop for me to cook for him. I broke down sobbing and when I looked at him he had huge tears running down his face too.

As for what I am going to do with my boy. I still am not sure yet. I do know that I won't let him suffer though. I love him too much for that.

B hardly ever cries too. I'll hear him moving around in his cot (he doesn't ever really makes sounds) and when I go over to check on him his eyes will be wide open and he'll give me the cutest grin

SB - I wouldn't worry too much about it. I can imagine that looking after two little ones would take up all your time. I only have the one and I often wonder where my day has gone.

That's so sweet about Shane giving your DD her dummy back. It sounds like he's a doting big brother!

Jessey - The place you're living at the moment sounds horrible! I couldn't imagine not being able to shut our doors. That having been said we never actually do close any of the doors, anyone would be nuts to try to get in past DH's dog, but that's not the point really, I like to be able to know I CAN shut them if I want to

AFU - Took my boy to the vet Monday afternoon. She said the blindness COULD be from an inflamation on his optic nerve. It's unlikely given his glaucoma and that he's already gone blind in one eye from it, but she gave me some medications to try anyway. I had a long talk to her about quality of life and getting around totally blind. She said often older dogs deal with it better then younger ones because they know their owners better and they know their surroundings and feel comfortable. But as with people each dog is different. So at the moment I am going to give him some time and see how he goes. He's not real active anymore anywya, so that's a plus. So far he's just really confused, but I've been taking him in and out to pee and eat and whatnot and he seems okay with following my voice. He can already find his water on his ownand he's getting better with the stairs. I'm just praying he's one of the dogs that copes just fine.

On a happier note B is really close to rolling from his back to his belly. He gets onto his side heaps now and he's gotten his legs over as well a couple of times, but he has this pesky arm that keeps getting in his way. He get SO frustrated, it's pretty funny

Dr T. I too hope your big boy copes well with it all Atleast he still has his hearing and is obviously reassured and responding to your voice...

How cute that B is rolling!! Gumnut almost rolled from her tummy to her back but after several attempts she buried her head in the ground and cried..awww....She sticks everything in her mouth but hates her dummy...drives me crazy as she slobbers all over me all day...

Speak of the devil...lol! Have a great day everyone !

Dr Tal - of course your DH is a softie, I am a scorpio too lol, cancer and scorpios are perfect matches according to astrology, which might explain why my DH and I have been together since we were 15 (almost 15 years) we hardly ever argue and we very very rarely fight, we know what each other is thinking without saying a word, we are soul mates. I am hoping that translates into my relationship with E and that we have a great mother son relationship.
    Hope you doggy is ok, thats sweet about you DH and the chop, aww I feel like crying now.

I think if I decide to have a 3rd baby, I will try for a July baby again lol

Sal - that's funny about trying for another July baby, cause that's exactly what I was thinking...well not my third but my second Although I was thinking for different reasons, because it's when my mum is able to come out to visit and I know how much she'd love to be here for the birth of my second as well.

So what does the astrology reckon about Virgos and Scorpios and Virgos and Cancers for that matter? It's kind of funny because in my unit at work there are 6 people and 4 of us are Virgos and we're all almost exactly alike also if you've read the book Personality Plus we're all Meloncholy (not sure if that is spelled right) as well. Drives our supervisor NUTS (can't remember what star sign he is) but he's a Sanguine and just doesn't get why we get all flustered when he moves our files around or is late for a meeting or whatnot! And when we're doing up something he's asked for it takes us ages because everything has to be PERFECT and he just wants it fast and figures he can bull$#it the rest

Also, I keep forgetting to tell you, I've tried what you suggested for cradle cap and it's nearly cleared up now. I think after today and maybe tomorrow it will be gone. So thank you.

Delph - B only just started sucking/slobbering all over me earlier in the week. He seems to much prefer my arm to gum on and goo up then anything else....AND I think he nearly gave me a hicky on my forearm yesterday

AFU - So far my big boy seems to be doing okay. He bumbles around a lot, but he doesn't seem scared about it anymore and he can get in and out of the house on his own now. DH came home from work early yesterday and put extra rails up on both sides of each of the stairs into and out of the house so he doesn't need to worry about falling off them anymore. He's also looking into changing one of the sets of stairs into a ramp on the weekend so he can get in and out even easier. Honestly I didn't know he cared for him so much. They had a bit of a rough start to their relationship. I had my big boy for about 3 years before I met DH and he really resented DH when we started to see each other. He'd sit between us on the couch and when DH started staying over he would growl and grump at him when he got into bed and if DH got out at all during the night when he came back my boy would be laying on his side of the bed on the pillow just glaring at him. That's sort of become a bit of a game for them now though. Everynight as DH is getting ready for bed my boy jumps up on his side and rubs his head all over his pillow and messes up his blankets then you can almost see the smile when DH comes into the room. DH calls him an 'old [email protected]' but doesn't move him straight away, he'll get in next to him and give him cuddles and pets him. Then with a huge grump and huff my boy will jump onto the floor and lay by my side of the bed. Cracks me up every time. But my boy didn't really warm up to DH that much until we got married, so just a bit over 3 years ago!

Sorry, went on a bit long there...just in case you couldn't tell I really love my big boy. But onto my little boy B now He's started to put things into his mouth now....not just my arm. I've got a few wrist rattles that he is constatly sucking on and he's got one of those play gyms and he'll sometimes manage to grab a rattle or teether on that and into the mouth it goes! He's also started to make spit about 2 weeks ago now (he didn't really seem to have much before that) so everything is covered in baby slobber....including the dogs if they get too close. He's not above latching onto them and trying for a suck, much to their horror...they always manage to look so indignant about it!

Dr Tal - good thinking about 2nd baby in July coz of your mum, good idea I think.
    Virgo's and scorpios lol, both like to have and work towards goals, scorpios like this about virgos, once a scorpio finds a loyal virgo they bond really well, both signs are all about love "for life" for a long time which makes them compatable when they find each other. both signs dont jump into relationships easy and suss each other out a bit first. Virgo parents to a cancer baby is a great combo, read this, it says it better than I could:

Virgo Parent/Cancer Child: Being domestic by nature, the Virgo parent in this combination will create a sanctuary of peace and tranquility to which his or her little Cancer can retreat whenever necessary. It is vitally important to the healthy development of the Cancer child that he or she be afforded such an environment in order to dispel the need of this little one to build a hard shell of personal protection. The end result of a Cancer child who is brought up by a Virgo parent will be a youngster who has a healthy awareness of his or her emotional self. This parent/child relationship invariably proves to be a most positive one.

Glad the cradle cap remedy worked, E just has it on his forehead now, its stubborn, get it off and it weeps and makes more grrr I will win.

OP - where are you? hope all is ok. How did you go with the ABA counselling class. I also did a google search just out of interest for the "BF flash mob" it has been done before in america but thats all I could find. I am keen to do it here in OZ to raise some money for the ABA, it would be good if an ABA rep/counsellor/consultant could be present at locations around australia to collect donations, this would be the part that would take the most research etc to see what rules apply. I want to look into it more but trying to get my business up and running first.

Hey hey!

Still here, read everything but on phone so a bit tricky to reply apart from a short one liner!

Will try and get on computer soon..,

Hugs to all!

Ok!! I'm on the computer while DS sleeps and DD is entertained by Dora... bad mummy, bad mummy! I just wanted a moment's peace...

Sal - well my sis and I have completed one unit of our training, yay! We've started another one, just need to finish the assessment, which involves helping out at an ABA stand somewhere, at a festival or something. Not a problem as our area has tonnes of festivals, town fairs, etc. I think we'll do one in November and then we'll have done our second unit!

When your business is all happening (can you PM me the link by the way?) and you want to talk a bit more about the flash mob, happy to bounce some ideas around! It sounds great.

Re: cradle cap. Not sure if we have it, or the beginnings, or what. DS has some little flakes on his head, quite small, in little patches. Does that sound like cradle cap? DH just rubs them in the bath ATM, that seems to be keeping them at bay. Wondering if I should try something else...

Dr T - I cried a little bit when I read your post about your big boy. Its so tough when they get old, isn't it? And how cute about him and your DH. My DH is the same with our car, who was my cat... he maintains he doesn't like her but when I'm not looking he gives her rubs behind the ear and is actually quite affectionate towards her. I think he just has a thing about being a "dog" person so he sort of feels he has to not like her!

B sounds like he's growing and developing quite quickly! I hear ya on the slobber - we're getting it too! X's favourite past time now is to shove his fist in his mouth and give it a big slurp. Sometimes he'll manage to grab one of the toys hanging from his play mat thing and then gets this expression on his face like "How did I do that?" its quite cute.

We're not rolling yet - he's done it a few times from tummy to back (the easy one) but not the other way and this is fine with me!! He can stay immobile for a bit longer

Delph - great to hear your BFing is getting back on track!! Hope it continues to go from strength to strength. How did Gumnut's baptism go?

That is so beautiful about your DH and DD and the dinner thing. So cute. Must have been a nice break for you as well

How's your new camera? We got one recently too - what did you get? DH is loving taking heaps of happy snaps, I must admit more of DD than of DS at the moment!

How great about the night sleeps! We were having just one wake up, which was bliss, but the last couple of nights have been two or three. I hope its a temporary thing and we go back to once a night, or less even! DD was a terrible sleeper, waking every two-four hours or so until she was about 8mths and not starting to sleep 12hrs until about 12mths, so I am hoping to avoid that this time round...

SB - sounds like your two are keeping you nice and busy! I had to chuckle at your "big sooky lala ox" description of DH, reminded me of an ex of mine who was also a July man!! Exact description just about!

Jessey - how are the moving dramas going? Sorting themselves out?? How's DD going? We have found our DD is slowly getting better - growing out of it all I think. And she is developing more language skills too, which I think is helping immensely as she is able to express herself better. Though if she doesn't get enough sleep she still goes a bit feral!

We haven't had a massive tantrum like we had a few weeks ago since then. Hoping its been the same for you guys - nothing since the shower incident!

I've also started putting DS down in his cot during the day, which means I'm not tied to the bouncer and I can spend more time with DD and ensure she isn't getting bored, which I think was another of our problems.

AFU: as above, I have started putting DS in his cot for day sleeps. He's great in there at night but days are a bit hit and miss. Sometimes I have to revert back to the bouncer as I'm worried he's going to wake DD during the day... but we're getting there. He's been down right now since 3pm... grizzled a bit but went to sleep and is having a big sleep!!! First time ever - his day sleeps are normally just 40mins!

Its funny how different I am with the two kids - with DD I was obsessed with getting her to sleep "through the sleep cycle", ie longer than 40mins... I'd be clock watching and make sure I went to her after about 35mins to try and soothe her through to a second sleep cycle. Never really worked and I think that she just figured it out herself eventually... in the mean time I'd worked myself up that I wasn't a good mum if I couldn't get my daughter to sleep enough... well DS sleeps what he sleeps, when he sleeps and if he wakes aftert 40mins, bah! So be it!!

Like you guys, he wakes so happy, I'm hardly going to stand there rocking and patting and trying to get him to sleep more if he's awake, alert and happy. He'll work it out just like his sister did!

He's so big - we're going for a weigh in on Tuesday I think but he's into size zero clothes More for length and feet than anything else! He's not very chubby round the middle but his grow suits and onesies were just too small in the length and feet, he was squished into double zeros. So we're up to zero! Scary!!

He's also started vocalising a lot - makes lots of noises and seems to be trying out his whole vocal range. Its quite cute and lovely that that's what he wakes up to. DD seems to wake up crying more often than not! Sigh!

Hope everyone else is going well! As I said before - I do read everything but its just the getting onto the computer part! I'll try and do it more often

Just a very quick post as I really need to get into bed.

I FINALLY managed to get some new pictures of Brock uploaded into my album if any of you are interested in a look.

Wow! OceanPrincess that is an EPIC post lol
    size zero already! Big boy yay for vocalising i love when they start babbling so beautiful.
    Moving drama's are what they are lol they happen everytime and don't go away til i'm settled in my new place. But now telstra is charging $125 to transfer our home phone and an extra $59 for the internet can't believe it! The representative on the phone asked me if i was "happy" with the costs i said "no! But that's not going to change anything is it?" the reply "well no..." THEN WHY ASK!?
    DD hasn't had a tantrum since the shower incident. She'll start and i have to get down on my knees so i'm at her eye level and ask her to use her words and she'll either just have a good cry or try and put into words what is wrong. Lyla has grown up a lot since Shay has arrived i was a bit emotional about it yesterday because she's growing up so fast i asked her to come to me yesterday and she yelled from down the hallway "I'm busy now Mummy" lol silly thing to get emotional over but yeah...

Delphmoon - Hope Gumnut's baptism is a wonderful day and you get heaps of beautiful photos on your fancy camera

I probably won't be on again til after we move, we get the key on the 14th.

Hope everyone is well xx

Hi everyone! Bah, I haven't been getting emails to let me know there's a post so didn't think anything had been happening. Logged on to write a hello where is everyone and had a lot to read!!!

Jessey, good luck with the move. I'll be looking forward to hearing about your new place when you get settled in! And boo to Telstra! Rip off merchants.

OP - Travis is doing lots of babbling too, it is really cute! He definitely has different tones of voice when he's happy, frustrated, tired, but I haven't figured it out yet. How about you with X?

Dr T - checked out the photos of B, what a cutie! Had been thinking about you on your horse recently - I went to the physiotherapist to talk about getting back into trampoline and they said it's really bad for impact on the pelvic floor muscles - right behind horse riding!! And I know you were having some issues with your pf exercises, did you ever get that sorted out?

Sal - how about Gemini (me) and Sagitarius (I think that's DH - he's born early Dec) couples?

Sounds like Evan is a great baby! Travis doesn't cry anywhere near as much as he used to. Most of the time when he does cry for prolonged periods, when he does a poo or a fart he is happy again/ finally able to go to sleep! Charming eh?

Do you remember me saying we were going to call our baby Ethan but then Dani Minogue called her baby that and we weren't sure? I don't think I mentioned why we didn't end up going with that name. It was quite funny actually. The day before T was born, MIL and her partner R came over. R's daughter and her family were staying with them at the time and R mentioned something about Ethan and I realized he was talking about his grandkid! We have only met them once and so totally forgot. Since they're practically DH's step nephews we thought we better not make things confusing by calling our son Ethan too. That night we went through the top 100 boys names on a bunch of websites, couldn't agree on any so tried the next best source of boys names - the list of Brisbane Lions players! Hee hee. Travis was the only one we both liked so when he was born the next day that's the name he got! No time to reconsider.

Delphmoon - gumnut is such a great name. Congrats on your BFing continuing! I hope you post the photos of her baptism. I bet she will be too cute!

StarBright - nice to hear you have a great happy family. I know what you mean about K finding her hands. T has too, and has set himself the challenge of fitting both fists in his mouth at once. It's so cute! But the last month or so there has been so much slobber. We used to need to put bibs on for his puking, but the puking stopped and we didn't need them for a while. Now we do again!

Gotta run, hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Bugger...literally just finished ready everyones stuff and go to reply and Gumnut wakes...arrgggg...hi all...Bye all

OK...shes back to sleep...

EJ. Your DS is a spunk...future bf for my gumnut maybe?

Jessy: Hope the house works out well. I Hate telstra but have limited options so really have no choice. $125 fee is ridiculous! Pffft- what a joke. Like they actually do anything for that $125 :WTF: AND its wonderful Lyla is going well...I now understand the whole growing up too quickly thing... its a catch 22 isn't it.

Hey there DR T, I hope big boy and little boy are travelling along nicely

And OP- great post. Sleeping seems to be a major thing at this age and I totally get why...lol...gumnut is still sleeping the whole night through

Oh, gosh...she is stirring again ....shhhhhhh LOL

Well the baptism went wonderfully and my camera managed beautifully. Will get some pics up soon. Gumnut was gorgeous....but totally exhausted at the end of it all...
    Shes awake..must go...more poo for today- I can smell it already

Bye

OK...shes back to sleep...

EJ. Your DS is a spunk...future bf for my gumnut maybe?

Jessy: Hope the house works out well. I Hate telstra but have limited options so really have no choice. $125 fee is ridiculous! Pffft- what a joke. Like they actually do anything for that $125 :WTF: AND its wonderful Lyla is going well...I now understand the whole growing up too quickly thing... its a catch 22 isn't it.

Hey there DR T, I hope big boy and little boy are travelling along nicely

And OP- great post. Sleeping seems to be a major thing at this age and I totally get why...lol...gumnut is still sleeping the whole night through

Oh, gosh...she is stirring again ....shhhhhhh LOL

Well the baptism went wonderfully and my camera managed beautifully. Will get some pics up soon. Gumnut was gorgeous....but totally exhausted at the end of it all...
    Shes awake..must go...more poo for today- I can smell it already

Bye-bye

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast