Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~March 16th-31st 2009 #5

Cheshire - It is so lovely when you have two little ones playing together. My 2 boys were inseparable when they got to 2 and 4 years. They slept together until they were about 8 and 10. It really makes life easier when they get along.
    Kell - I remember thinking I could feel movement very early on with my last pregnancy. I think you notice it so much more with subsequent pregnancies. I think of it like the princess and the pea : )

Hi Everybody

I've been MIA for a little while. Life has been pretty busy lately and things are just starting to slow down a little bit. We had our engagement party on the weekend, I put some pics on fb if anyone wants to see. Alexandra was so cute all dressed up and had a ball running around and dancing, she's such a little socialite!

I'll have to come back to read through the thread and write some personals, can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing

FW saw the FB pics, looks like you had great night, Miss A look adorable in her ruffle skirt.

SP it makes life so much easier when they get along

Kell i swear i felt little flutters K at 12wks, You do tend to notice the flutters earlier with subsequent pregnancies.

My big Baby is officially 3 today, she had a great day & i've put up some pics on FB

Cool im going to have a look now Mo - glad she had a great day

Our scan was great on friday baby HB was 160 and was waving little arms and legs around and measured perfect for 9 weeks so all good so far. counting down for the 12 week scan now - were really having another baby im sooooo excited dont think it has felt real quite yet

Saw the pics FW, looked like a great night and A was super cute!!

Happy 3rd Birthday! Time to change the signature, glad it was a great day

Fantastic news kellbell! How exciting!!

Nothing much to report here! I have a cold so hopefully I don't pass that on.

Hi all! Had a recent name change....

Mo - Happy birthday to M! 3 years old! Time must really fly!

Kell - 9 weeks! Well done, that's awesome. Ella will be cuddling her little brother or sister before you know it

FW - Congrats on your engagement party! I'm sure it was fantastic!

JF - Get better soon

Hi to everyone that I've missed.

Not much going on here. DD is walking everywhere, she just loves it. She's figured out what "Park" means so we're walking there each day, much to her pleasure.

PacRakMG - Yes Park is a familiar word here too! We have to walk to the shops a different way if we dont have time to go there as she gets excited when she sees the park now.
    Kell - great news!
    FW - lovely pics! Your DD is so cute with those curls.
    Chesh - happy bday to your big girl! 3 is a terrific age.

I have had a short break and was sick for all of it. Am back at work tomorrow. Feel a bit ripped off as last time I planned a break I had to go to hospital and this one was sposed to make up for it. Anywya had lots of fun with DH and DD and DSs. Didnt get the 18 month needle as i was so sick of sickness in the house!!!!!
    Come on Spring - let me hear you Vic ladies!

SP - Totally with you there. Hurry up and show us some sun! Melbourne weather has been giving us teasers, but nothing solid!

Just had a thought tonight - how many of you are still holding your LO to sleep. DD will drop off during the day in random places, highchair, pram, her little couch, even the floor on the floorboards one day, but at night, she still won't sleep unless I hold her.

Tomorrow is our MCHN appointment, so wonder what her measurements are.

Double Post.

I'm breastfeeding to sleep for her day nap but at night it is a bit more hit and miss so she usually ends up in the ergo to be rocked and sung into sleepyville. We are still having 2-3 night wake-ups for milk and maybe a few times a week I'll need to pop her in the carrier again to help her get back to sleep. I just think 'at least its exercise' hehe.

Still holding K to sleep here, but as we co sleep i kind of expect it.

MG can't wait to hear how u MCHN appt went.

SP I can't wait for some warmer weather, my girls are so sick of being stuck in the house.

JF K still wakes at least once a night, not for a drink but for cuddles. I'm so use to broken sleep now that i doubt i could sleep a whole night without waking.

Cool, thanks girls, glad I'm not the only one still rocking/cuddling to sleep. Last night was a disaster. She fell asleep in my arms, and then I transferred her into the cot as normal. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she was a screaming mess! Hiccupy horrible screams that didn't stop until I picked her up again and then it took another hour before she was asleep enough for her to go to bed and not wake. Grrrr.

MCHN today was good - we had a relief nurse who was really lovely, made me wish I had her all the time. DD's measurements are weight 10.92kg, height 77.5cms, head 48.5cms. Her height is a little below average, but the nurse said to not worry, because her muscles in her legs were confined for so long, it will take some time for them to stretch out and grow, so she should catch up. Her head is big, but we're from a family of big headed people, so not surprising really! She was happy with the way DD was walking, so big yay there! Now I have to decide if I get the chicken pox vacc for her. We've had all the others, but not sure about this one. What are your thoughts on that?

MG she's only 2.5cms shorter than K.
    K weighs 10.4kg & is 80cms with a 46.5cm head.
    M at 18 months was 12.5kg, 85cms & 48cm head. Huge difference between my girls, I always knew Maddi would be a giant.

It's great she is happy with how your DD is walking

Ella was 11.4 kg and 85cm and her head 46.5 so she has a little head but is tall for her age. looks like as tall as M!
    Sound's like they are all growing great

Thats fantastic about Mia walking must be amazing to watch and think how far she has come

Ella is not one to be cuddled to sleep, she def loves her cot the only place shell sleep and in the car. I dont know when to put her in a bed? ill have to do it before the new baby comes but hope to leave it as long as possible but not too long

Ella had her chicken pox vaccination. She had had all the rest so i figured she should have had this one too. Its a hard one as when we were young we all got it and it seems part of growing up. I do remember reading once of a little girl who died of chicken pox and it stuck in my head. I wonder how long it lasts as its worse to get it as an adult. ummmm maybe i should have looked into it. what is everyone else doing are your kids having it?

Measurements are sounding great from you girls too! DH and I were talking tonight about it all - how awesome is this age? DD is repeating everything we say lately, today it's been "All Gone" and "Okay", completely in context too. She makes me laugh more and more.

Kell - DD is still in her cot, and we've decided to leave her there until she is showing signs of attempting to climb out. At the moment, she's quite happy to call out and I go and get her in the mornings, but I guess it's a matter of time until she tries to get out herself. But we don't need the cot again yet!!!! I'm still amazed at watching her walk around, she looks so proud doing it. She's getting faster now and showed the first attempt at running tonight! I'm so proud. How are you feeling?

Still not sure about the chicken pox vaccination. I'll do some research tomorrow and figure it out then, I guess.

Im glad the needles are over till she is four such a hard decision to make to get them done or not. I know a few people who dont get the chicken pox one done.

They are so cute arnt they - we get "more" all day long and no they seem to be the favs at the moment and mum 1000 times till im batty lol

Another question anyone toilet training soon i think ella is almost ready but dont want to push her too early. She hates nappies its driving me crazy!

I wish we were up to toilet training!!!!!! DD's favourite habit is to drop one in the bath, she's not a fan of doing it in her nappy. GRRR. I asked the nurse about it today, and she said that she'll pretty much tell us when she's ready. She gave me some paperwork about it from a website, I'll get it out tomorrow Kell and PM you the details.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast