Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies born~March 16th-31st 2009 #5

Thanks Mo

Happy Birthday to all the bubs!!!!
    T has has her bday and her party now. We bought a dolls house on ebay made of wood and fully furnished with dolls included for $150. She loves it.
    PRMG - what a terrific cake idea!
    Mo - I hope you are feeling better soon. MS is so aweful. The worst. Did you find a cool dolls house?
    Kell - SO close now!

SP - Happy birthday to T! Hope she had a lovely day

Sunday is going to be 17 and showers at this stage, so we might have to rethink the miniature railway for DD's birthday. I'm feeling a bit emotional, she's nearly 2! Gosh, they've come so far haven't they?

Hi y'all,

Yesterday was DS's 2nd birthday - and we had a birthday party for him in a kid's play centre (due to my being 38 weeks pregnant and the fact my mum may have needed to take over). In the end DH stayed home from work and my mum was there too- she made a cake and helped out...

all we had to do was turn up but I was still somehow absolutley wrecked afterwards! I just realised (or maybe it's the preggy hormones talking)- jeez I hate hosting stuff! DH and I both agreed, we'd like to never host anything again last night, than I laughed and said with bubba on the way, we've probably got another 13 years of two parties a year to go!!!!

Anyway, DS had had a fab time, so that is the main thing. He didn't want to leave in the end, which was a bit rough on him, as the tantrums have started in full force! Luckily luckily his daddy was there today so I didn't have to carry him screaming out of the place myself!

Anyway hope all of our DS and DD enjoy turning two. I was a little bit sad, where did all the time go!

Hugs
    Tanya
    Last edited by tanyaya; March 22nd, 2011 at 02:16 AM.

Hi Everybody! and happy birthday to all of the birthday kids!

It isn't DD's b'day until next week but I can't wait to give her her presents! I know that she is going to love them and her reaction is going to be priceless. We are having a party this weekend at the pool, I got a bubble machine to keep the kids out of the water at the start and hopefully it will entice them out of the water at the end so we can do the cake

SP - Happy Birthday to Miss T! Sounds like most of the little girls are getting doll houses for their b'days this year, we ended up getting the same one as PRMG

PRMG - Did you guys make it to the miniature railway? I hope that your DD had an awesome day, I loved the caterpillar cake pics on fb

I'm glad that you had a nice holiday and that DD is getting more confident around the water. I think it is a good thing for them to be cautious though, there was one little girl in our swimming class who would jump into the water despite not being able to swim and her mum had to watch her like a hawk.

DD was doing really well with her spoon and fork but lately she has been enjoying the sensatoin of squishing her food in her hands and sticking her hands into her yoghurt. It is frustrating but I figure that it's just a phase and she'll grow out of it. We've got her sitting on her booster chair up at the table with her own placemat now instead of the traytable and she seems to be doing better.

Tanya - Sounds like your DS had a great party! I wish we had somewhere we could go here where they would do all of the food and stuff for you, I am going to be so busy this week preparing food and the cake.

What did you end up getting DS for his b'day? I don't think they need alot of presents at this age, or any age really, especially when they have grandparents who love to spoil them DD is getting a baby born doll and pram from one set of grandparents and the dollhouse from the others. We are giving her a 1.5x2m car mat with roads and a few new matchbox cars, a wooden clock and a ton of clothes plus the bubble machine which we have already tested out and is a huge hit.

Wow, only 11 days left on your ticker. Do you think you'll go early or over with this bub?

Cheshire - How did K's party go? Hope you are feeling better!

Kell - Hope everything is going well, not long til you get to meet your little boy!

Jellyfish - Loved Immy's cake too, we were looking at it in the cake book yesterday, DD is still set on having the train cake

FW - We did go to the miniature railway and we had a fantastic time. The train rides are quite long, and they only cost $3 so it was well worth it. DD had a wonderful day, she just had a grin on her face constantly. When we sang happy birthday to her, she gave us all a shocked look and then just beamed. We've been trying to teach the song to her, and the look on her face was like "oh wow, all these people know the song too!". The weather ended up being perfect. Your DD's party at the pool sounds like fun, and good thinking on the bubble machine! Hope you have a blast. I struggle with keeping presents away too, I just want to give them straight away!

Hope all the little ones have had great birthdays.

Off for my 13wk scan tomorrow so excited about seeing Bambi again, also a little nervous but i had a quick scan yesterday because we couldn't find a Hb with the doppler. So i know Bambi is alive guess my only stress is that there is something wrong with Bambi.

Mo, I hope that your scan goes well tomorrow and that everything is perfect with Bambi so that you can worry a little bit less

Hope everything is fine, Mo, and Bambi is just showing signs of cheekyness

Good luck today Mo - be thinkin of you

Omg i having a baby this month!!!!

How is everyone?

Kell - you're a crack up! So close now, wishing you all the very best Can' wait to see the BA!

Mo - How are you feeling hun? Bambi's scan end up okay?

Tanyaya - Super close! EDD tomorrow! Good luck hun!

FW - Did you get the "creepy" dolls too? LOL, DD loves her house, having the most fun throwing the furniture everywhere

SP - How's T going?

JF - Glad to have read your thread! Happy for you hun!

JM - How's the pregnancy going?

AFM - Tantrums have really got going here. We're struggling a little - her last molars are coming through and they have affected her speech a little, so we're having trouble understanding her sometimes. Yesterday she found a cup, asked me for water. I gave her water, she cracked it, shouted "NO" and began to scream. Awesome much. She's obsessed with singing atm, her favourite is ring a ring of rosies, she loves the end- she shouts "Tish You, Tish You, All Fall Down" and then repeats it. Over. And. Over. And. Over.

The scan was great Bambi measured well & had a strong Hb of 159. The person doing the scan sucked.
    She rushed the whole thing & only gave me one crappy blurry pic & she was rude.
    So we decided to go further out for the 20wk scan & get the person who did the girls as i just don't want her doing & ruining it again.

Kell how exciting you'll be a Mum to two in a few weeks! Are you being induced again & who's doing your BA i wanna know who to stalk

MG Kodi is actually pretty good tantie wise, I mean compared to Maddi who is the biggest drama queen.
    I think having Maddi 1st has made it such much easier to deal with, don't get me wrong she can a throw a decent tantie but even then it's nothing compared to Maddi lol

sorry to hear that ~cheshire~ it can really taint the experience when the sonographer is a ****.

my bowen masseur is arriving soon for a massage - tomorrow i am 40 weeks (ie it's my due date - woo!)....
    i am going to ask her to do a special baby eviction move to help convince baby it's time to come out.

bfn!

Tanyaya - hope bubs gets a wriggle on. yah for your due date!!!!

Mo - what a crappy person doing the scan. i dont know why some of them have to be so rude. Im glad bubs is doing well though. Have you told the girls yet?

MG - ellas tantrums have settled down saying that she had a huggggge one at swimming the other week as i wouldn't give her a lollipop felt like it went forever and everybody was looking at us
    shes really found her voice the last few weeks. she talks alllllll day long about everything. her fv song is the end of the abc song next time come and sing with me not so keen on the letters though lol
    I love your birth story too you did amazing
    we got the creepy dolls too in ellas dollhouse lol

yeah being induced again boohoo- blood sugars and BP too high. starting on insulin tonight another boohoo
    i find out on Monday what day about another week and a half they say.
    having some braxton hicks tonight and hes realllllllly low now so maybe hell pick his own birthday yet
    Reet is my PIG :-) so stalk her for the news and facebook too for pics

Happy EDD Tanya

Kell that kinda sucks, hope your able to have a easy induction or he just make his appearance earlier & congrats on being full term today

Tanya - Hope the baby eviction works for you and you're having newborn snuggles soon!

Kell - Thanks for the comments on my birth story. When I wrote it out ages ago, I was glad I could remember and I thought with DD turning 2 it was a fitting time to post it. Plus I feel extra clever that I was able to link it to my sig! I've been on here for a couple of years and still feel like I'm learning the basics Hope your little man can pick his own birthday and I hope he's in your arms soon Glad that E's tantys are slowing down. DD's are maybe one a day, which isn't really many I guess, but they seem to be increasing in length. She has her little sooks now and then during the day, but then comes a whopper. She nearly threw one on me when I was visiting my old work. OMG, I nearly died, but I got her out before it really kicked off.

Mo - Stupid woman. Might be run of the mill for her, but it's a special time for any expecting parent and if she can't recognise that then she should find a new line of work!

Today my cousin is graduating from the Police Academy and we're going to the ceremony and parade. I'm hoping DD shows her patience and we can sit through it.

Check the BA girls Tania had her baby this morning
    Clever boy being born on his Due date- huge congrats

Tanya - Congratulations on the arrival of Barney! Did you end up making it to your massage appointment today?

PRMG - Yep we got the creepy dolls DD got so many presents from her party and family and friends, I had to buy a new storage stand to keep them all tidy! Her favourity presents were the dollhouse and the baby born doll - her new baby had to have a bath with her and have it's own towel and everything

Mo - That sucks that you got a crappy sonographer. It wouldn't hurt for a few of them to take a short course in communication and interaction with patients On the plus side you got to see Bambi and it sounds like everything is going really well with the pregnancy.

Kell - Bummer about being induced, fingers crossed your little man chooses his own birthday!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast