Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2010 #1

Hi girls,

Cherished: those are some good hours that bub is doing! Once they start being able to, it's only up from there! I always love it when they do it as it gives hope that you are doing the right thing by your bub...

AFM: we had a lovely xmas. Marta scored some bunnykins plates and lovely wooden rattles.
    My Opa is visiting and I am loving it!
    Bbl...I am using my iPod and it is slow going lol!

Hello hello ladies!!!

Cherished- awesome sleep pattern!! Woohoo can only get better from here!! I live on the bayside, Manly we're about 5mins from the water, no water views though, couldn't afford that ATM lol - but lovely none the less. We finally saw blue sky today yay!!!!! Xmas vego lunch was sooooooo good, my fam are country farmers so it was always meat and 3 vegs for me lol that was until I met DP - he's not vego but his mum is... Great food, plus the whole dutch background makes for interesting food :-D

Cass- loving Opa being with you? We had DPs sister spend the day with us today it was lovely

what's everyone doing for New Years??? We're heading up to my brothers tomorrow to spend a few days with them.... Really looking forward to it. I feel uneasy typing this but I think I won the worst mother of the year award today :-'( .... I was laying next to bubs reading her a book when it slipped out of my hands and hit her on the head, she screamed for such a long time I felt and still feel horrible!!!!! I think she'll have a bump and a bruise, it just broke me.... I'm crying now as I type :-)... I gotta go happy new years everyone xxoo

oh HPL if it means anything, poor Marta has had a few knocks...especially with being a little sister...the other day Leila tried to pick her up off the floor, i heard a clunk and came running to find Leila looking guilty and Marta screaming. urgh, i also felt terrible as i should of been watching more closely. try not to feel too bad though, accidents happen and i am sure she loved all her loving mama cuddles when she was sad xx

AFM: well i slightly cracked it today with DH as i have not had one moment without the kids since marta was born. oh, once, when i went swimming for 25 minutes :rollseyes:. so i told him today that i am unimpressed and that now he needs to put on his big boy undies and take the girls by himself while i go out once a week for an hour or two. he seemed to support it but watch this space: i was on fire today and told him actions speak louder than words man i was blunt...wonder if i am getting AF...certainly emotional enough for it lol!

power to you Cas! I was wondering about CM after birth and if you still go through the cycle as in SCM CCM WCM EWCM even without ovulation and then AF? Cause I just had the biggest blob of EWCM again and am so wondering if I'm ovulating! I was almost going to start a thread or check out what your CM does after birth before you get AF back. Have you got some knowledge on this?

HPL I'm sure you didn't cause any damage I bumped ds's head on his swing today and he cried, thankfully not for too long!

Hope everyone has a nice night. dh is working and I will be well and truly in bed by midnight! Last night ds slept well again with 3 hrs, 2.5 hrs and 3.5 hour stints and I cuddled him for pretty much the whole last 3.5hrs and it was just scrumptious Today I've been cleaning and it feels good. I wanted to smudge the house with sage but don't have any so at least the house will feel clean if not energetically

hi girls!

Cherished: i have no idea about the CM...i was wondering the same thing as i too have had some EWCM lately and it threw me. as well as some aching on the right side (which i always get when Oing). but as yet no AF (YAY!). have to say that i do like being free from that old lady lol.

my NYs was suprisingly emotional. when the midnight fireworks went off i found myself with tears rolling down. i think the enormity of losing my Oma is really sinking in, she'll never see 2011 and her birthday is coming up this month and i feel a bit lost about it all. i guess grieving is one of those drawn out things at times...

on a more happier tone, Marta is absolutely LOVING her jolly jumper! i bought it off ebay the other day (gotta love ebay lol) and she has been bouncing around madly, giggling like crazy in her vain attempts to catch stella (our dog) as she walks past the JJ lol. i'll post it on FB in the coming days and put in a link as i reckon it's too funny

Cas You're Oma will always be with you hon. I hadn't thought of it but this is the 1st year my grandma wasn't here for christmas too. She passed away a couple of weeks before DS was born. I guess I hadn't had christmas with her for 10 years as she lived in my home town interstate and I hadn't been there for years. I now my mum missed her and i have many lovely memories of christmas lunch with her and my great grandparents every year.

Would love to see those jolly jumper pics as they sound adorable! do you need to hang the jolly jumper from the roof?

Well today I have the most lovely news! DS only had 1 feed last night Sooooo happy! he went to bed at 8:45 and I followed him 5 mins later. Then he woke just before 2am for a feed then back to sleep until 6 woohoooooooo can't even tell you how flipping happy I am! And he rolled from back to side then up strongly onto his tummy on Saturday when he was exactly 15 weeks old so I'm feeling pretty chuffed with the little fella today

But I'm totally SICK of my hair! Does anyone else feel like that? my hair dresser said that lots of her clients come in and get their hair cut off after having a baby and that if I wanted to get mine cut off she wouldn't do it lol she says my hair is beautiful and health and thick and I'd have to go somewhere else! BUT I want it cut, I dont' think it's healthy at all, every since I got lighter foils in it (permanent dye) it's stuffed my hair, I think it's dry and has split ends which I've never had before) and it knots up easily, which again I've never had a problem with. My hair is really long though as you've all seen in pics but I think I might get it cut to maybe an inch below my shoulders and have it all the one length at the back and only layered at the sides. Still not sure on the colour thing. I'd like it lighter but that will only keep it dry but then being shorter it'll be easier to wash and style so I dunno???
    Last edited by Cherished; January 3rd, 2011 at 01:32 PM.

oh man i hear you on the hair! mine has gone all gross after Marta was born. it is long and ashamedley looks quite ratty. mine also knots up easily: i desperately want a haircut but havent found someone that i like since we moved to this place. unfortunately they see you with a baby and want to give you some 'queen mother' style haircut. totally not into that lol! i also dont want to go short as i fear it may just accentuate my large bum hahahahaha! i'm thinking just above shoulders with lots of layering, to give it some fake bounce

i bet DS was totally proud himself when he rolled over like that! Marta gets this look of mad glee when she does something she reckons is pretty cool lol.

that is sooo amazing with DSs sleep! i am GREEN with envy too! we have had shockers the last few nights. i am almost beside myself. well, last night i was totally beside myself as she has been up and YELLING (not crying, just testing her lungs out and laughing when she yells ). and it goes for hours and hours. so last night she started at 11pm, woke again at 12.30, then 1 and then 2.30 then stayed awake until 4amish. come 3.30am i just popped her into her cot beside us (we were cosleeping before that) and had to *ignore* her (ie, put a pillow over my head and mildly panic at the prospect of more hours like that lol!). in the end she started yawning and i knew that she would give up soon enough...sweet bliss to hear that sigh of sleep LOL!
    left the house early this morning and headed to st. kilda beach. lovely to walk around there, although the swimmers stayed firmly in the bag as it was FREEZING! i am horrified as this year the summer is just not coming NOOOOOO! i need to move back north...this is crazy!

Cass I reckon we should do the chop then! I have heaps of layers in the back of my hair now which is great when my hair is long as it weighs it down but if my hair is short and layered then it's just way toooooo thick and just looks boofy hence having to have it one length at the back, if anything the top layer should be ever so slightly longer than the bottom so that it holds all my hair down rather then it flicking up at the ends kwim I think I might also go lighter again BUT then I'll have to keep paying to get it done, unless my hair dresser shows me what products to use and I do it myself at home

DS is also testing out his lungs by screaming and laughing but we think it's kinda adorable (FOR NOW) as he's doing it for an hour or so in the afternoon... we wouldn't think it's that funny if it was during the night like little Marta!

yeah it's funny 'cause i'm all grumpy pants when i am lying in bed trying not to look at her, then i look and there she is with this big gummy smile and sheesh, what can you do but laugh (then i am norti and smother her in kisses lol...so not helping myself lol).

here is a pic of her in the JJ...Jolly Jumper Smiles!

OMG that pic is just soooo funny! Looks like she just LOVES it! I can just imagine her giggling away thanks for sharing!

I forgot to mention that I also think that about my butt! I'm always thinking that short hair will make me look bigger I'm not too sure if that actually is the case though??? I think that about having color too though! I always think that when I'm smaller I will get my hair lighter. And last year when I lost weight it was the biggest confidence booster to get my hair lighter. Maybe I'll wait for the color and see how our finances turn out but still get my hair cut. I'm just finding that I am not even washing my hair much these days cause I just can't be bothered drying etc and I feel totally gross with feral hair when I only wash it once a week

Hi Ladies!

I know I don't get to posting much, but I do read all your posts!

I just wanted to let you know that .....
    .... DD is teething!
    Oh we had some tears, poor little poppet. Even the amber doesn't seem to be doing anything (I bought her an anklet as the necklace kept getting buried in her neck folds - she has no neck I swear!). And she can't quite hold things yet to chew a teething ring, I have to hold it for her. Well she can hold it for a little while, but drops it. In the end I gave her some bonjella, even though you aren't supposed to use it till 4 months.

EWCM - yep, here too. I have been wondering about AF, I just don't want a big surprise and have it to happen one day when I am out, no!

Hair - crap here too! HEAPS of it falling out. Partly due to my thyroid condition (levels have gone all whacked since giving birth and BF and I've had to increase my meds, but it will take a while to even out). But I am too chicken to get my hair cut short, because I too think it will make my face look fatter. Maybe I won't have to worry becasue I may end up bald soon at this rate!

yay on the rolling cherished! DD still has a bit of catching up to do there (darn harness!). At least now though she enjoys - well perhaps enjoys is too strong a word - tolerates - her bath.
    I got my sewing maching back just before Christmas, and made DD a BIG Santa Sack with her intials on it which I was pretty chuffed with

Cass - I am sure your Oma is with you and is proud of you and your girls.

HPL - I just have to tell you that I smiled at your colour co-ordinated christmas tree and paper - ours was "crazy tree" I have all "odd" decorations, which I have collected over the years, none of them match anything. And I try and wrap every present in different paper, just to make it more colourful.

well, Happy new year to you all!

Grrrr I am soooo annoyed right now!! I wrote a MASSIVE post yesterday and it's not here!!!!!!!

Ok so the shirt version:

Cass: JJ rock!!!! bubs has one too it's freaking awesome!!!
    Cherished: WooHoo on the awesome sleep!! And a huge WooHoo for bubba rolling!!!!!!

Crap crap can't remember what else I wrote to you ladies!!! The Hair don't go short!! Keep some length, when I got mine cut it was well over due but still pretty long.. I hear ya on the knot front too and what about hair loss my gosh it seems like it's falling out n I'll go bald LMAO!!!

I was goin to say that bubs rolled over too from tummy to back it was awesome so proud I had a tear.... Umm whAT else was in there - oh I can't remember damn it!! Ooo I have actually started to lose weight now yay!!!! 8kgs then I'm done!!!

Hope everyone had a great new year!!!

Milly you and i were typing at the same time lol - but you did remind me about stuff...

cass: my nanna passed on the 22nd Dec 97 so Xmas has always been bit sad but we try n remember the good times :-) .... We always have a picture of nanna out ona special frame each year so she's always around..

I think that's all lol hope I haven't forgotten anything...

Mwah thanks girls those hugs and lovely words mean alot: it's so weird without her iykwim. Still trying to get my head around it tbh.

So i take it that short hair is out for us so funny that we all were on the same wavelength lol.

Milly: teeth! Can you see them yet? I saw buds on Marta the other day, bit then they seem to go back down. Her necklace also goes AWOL in the neck folds lol.

HPL: woo hoo on the weight! I have started swimming again in a desperate attempt to lose and tone. I don't own scales though so fitting clothes will have to be my gauge lol.

Milly Teeth OMG really? DS hasn't been grizzly enough for us to be thinking about teeth but I still like putting his necklace on.

Speaking of necklaces I've decided to make gem stone jewelery as a hobby and just ordered lots of beads on line so can't wait to get them. I don't have a problem leaving the necklace on overnight but as I've said before dh doesn't want to so I am going to make one for his ankle. BUT I think there's loads more chance of him pulling it off and therefore breaking it I will make it with knots in between each bead so even if he breaks the clasp he can't swallow any beads but my question is do you think I should make it with a magnetic clasp so it'll be pretty easy to pull off really or with a screw on clasp? I've heard some people like a magnetic one for around the neck... I just don't know?? But I'm also going to add some other crystals for different things like helping to sleep and for relaxation etc

re the hair I think everyone looses loads of hair after birth. I noticed that during pregnancy I hardly lost any hair and before hand I would always have lots falling out every day when I brushed it let alone when I used to wash it. SO I figure that I've got 9 months worth of no hair falling out to catch up on which = LOADS OF HAIR LOSS!!! I'm sure it'll settle down. I'm never going 'really' short I'd always be below the shoulders at least by an inch. That is as short as I'd go. Now it's just below the bra strap so that's still be cutting off heaps Funny though, after I posted yesterday I washed it and gave it a treatment then dried it and straightened it and I look like I've just stepped off a photo shoot for a hair commercial maybe my problem is just being lazy now bub is here and too stuffed to be bothered 'doing' my hair? I think I'll wait until I've lost some more weight and my energy has picked up and see if that make a difference to how I feel.

HPL well done on the weight loss! I so wish I only had 8kg to loose. Having said that when I have lost 8kg's I will start to feel pretty happy

hmmm i would think that if you needed to get the necklace off quickly that even with a screw one, it would come off quick if you pull it; of course it would break but if you needed to get it off so quick i wouldnt think that it would matter IYKWIM. i personally dont like the magnetic ones as i do find that if i bump them (i'm thinking bracelet though) they come apart. i LOVE love love the idea of adding the other stones to it what a cool idea!

i have been thinking of teeth only because Marta is biting hard on anything she can find lol!

finally she slept AOK last night. only one wake-up for quick boob. phew, the last few nights have been hard with her waking heaps, so was happy for the welcome relief. and those crazy nights came off the back of a wonderfully rejuvenating night of 7pm to 5am...argh! it will happen one day and then you'll see me missing my midnight feeds (like i did with DD1 lol).

hellooooooo out there

i'm guessing everyone has a better social life than...ahh sad but true!

not much to report, just touching base...although on a slightly cool note, we have been having a few sleep throughs not counting my chickens though hahahaha! especially as the week before was like hourly wakeups lol.

lol I'm here, just been having a panic attack about income and returning to work or NOT... be back later DS is crying.......

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast