Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2010 #1

*snap* we had that panic this morning lol! as usual the renos are going over budget and i have had to sacrifice my trip to the US really bummed but could see it coming. in a way i do look forward to getting back to some paid work...but no doubt that will be more likely next year...

You too hey! sux doesn't it! I am feeling heaps more positive about it now though and not only positive but really pretty happy at what we've come up with Hopefully dh will get the extra work and it'll be really well paid and if one of them comes together I will be able to do some of it from home to help him out. I will post more details when I know for sure what we will be doing. One things for sure I DO NOT want to go back to work let alone to my old job where my boss drove me insane and the girl who is doing my job has nothing in between her ears iykwim AND every time I run into a client non of them have seen the photos of DS that I took in there or even know what his name is.... It's like my old work just don't care so I'm not feeling any love at all and prey I can tell them to shuv it up their bum it but unfortunately I will need to be polite about it cause I'll continue going there as a customer lol

woooohooo on those sleeps!!!! If my eyes weren't already green they would be now! HAHAHA We have had 3 nights all up over the last week I think where DS has woken for 1 feed. He has however stirred to the point where we've had to roll him on his side and pop the dummy in to get him to settle or dh has held him back to sleep so our sleep was still interupted but at least bub is on the right track with not needing the milk. Fingers crossed it wont be much longer and he'll sleep through too. Mind you for those few good nights we had a total shocker where he woke anywhere between 1-2 hours throughout the whole night

He's still as cute as ever though and I'm soooooo in love with him! Oh Cass back onto our income thingo that is at the forefront of my mind we were considering even moving! We thought about dh working in the UAE and us living in Europe so the flight was shorter when he works, I know you've been everywhere so where would be a good place to base ourselves from in Europe to see everything travel wise and for flights back to the UAE? That totally sucks that you wont get to do your trip when were you going to leave and was it for work or holidays?

ITALY! haha! but i am biased...rome to Dubai is only 6 hours...but really, anywhere in Europe is close IYKWIM. once you are over there it's just a hop, skip and jump anywhere there. have you thought about living in Dubai?? i love visiting, but of course, could be a bit boring living there as i would imagine that it might just be alot of expats in gated communities...boring central lol! but then again it can be fun for a couple of years. but yeah, italy is great. BUT as i type i have to admit that it is exxy. DH and i would love to go back, but the cost of living is just ridiculous.

*edit* we have that sleep thing too, where she'll pull a few good nights and then BAM we have a shocker mrs crocker of 1-2 hourly wake-ups...what is with that man??!!

Oh and we have also been thinking of a sea change...melbourne is getting crazy expensive and ahh the dreaming of selling our small 2 bedroom house and moving to say, wollongong and buying a mansion by the beach has quite the pull factor lol.

Move to NOOSA!!!!! it's beautiful and I just LOVE it! we would return here no matter where we move to in the short term. I think that if we are ever going to work away it will be now before DS starts school and when that time comes we will be back on the Sunny coast. Yep most of the living in Dubai is expats in gated communities, I have no idea on the facilities or social aspects of it all but I imagine it'd be well catered for. We would live there as it's paid for etc but it'd be just so much better to be based somewhere in Europe KWIM. I have heard the cost of living is really high... I think the gig over there is something like 6 weeks on 6 weeks off and they fly back home and over there etc but maybe they would fly us to Europe and we could hire a camper van for the 6 week off and take mini holidays until we've see all of Europe and then.... the world! LOL We'd be living out of a suitcase I guess unless we can leave our stuff in the Dubai accommodation? That would be great really. hmmmm I'm convincing myself that is the way to go HA. But if what we have up our sleeve here comes through it'll be perfect and we'll be able to afford a holiday to Europe anyway.

I'm here too... DP has been using the computer for his assignments...

**PANIC ATTACK** x 2

I go back to work on Monday ladies!! Not looking forward it but we can't survive on love right lol!! Bubs will be with my Mum on Mondays, and with me on Tues-Thurs we have Friday off.. I actually posted a thread in the Breastfeeding section on tips to increase supply so I can give my mum EMB on Mondays, I expressed for 20mins today and got 10mls HAHAHA!! So sad, but at least I have had a stock pile since she was born!!

Going back to reality should be intersting, waking up at 6am and staying awake should also be an interesting task, was going to do that this morning, but went NAH it's the weekend LMAO... Oh well I'm sure we'll work out a routine soon enough.

Cherished: If it makes you feel any better the last few nights with Audrey have been hell, not 1 wake up, not 2 not even 3 - but like 4 wake up a night!! My eyes are falling out of my head!! and with the whole starting work on Monday OMG HELP!!!! LOL Great that you can work from home, fingers crossed it all goes through for you!!

Cass: Totally sux about the trip!! DP and I did our europe travel before we even thought about kids, good thing I guess, but would love to take bubs to Nice, LOVE it there!! Just love it!! I agree with Cherished, move to QLD, Noosa is lovely!!!

G2G bubs crying!! Try and sneak on later to post more...

haha! i would love to move back to qld. we have heaps of close family friends in noosa too lol!

HPL: eeeeekkk! back to work!!! good luck with it babe (it's a new place isnt it??). and you're right, you'll get a new routine soon enough and get into the swing of things i'm sure. 4 wake-ups?! wow, it is tough . probably just a developmental spurt. Marta has been doing similar antics as her feet are sooooooo exciting lol.

yeah i am pretty bummed about the trip. we had planned to visit our friends in kansas as well . but the home renos have to take priority...
    we are planning a trip to indonesia at the end of the year...bit cheaper than europe and the US lol.
    oohh i LOVE nice as well! actually, pretty much anywhere in southern france is awesome lol. travelling with kids i reckon can be heaps of fun. it is cool to see things the way they see them ITMS. for example, we went Pisa last year with DD1 and i saw parks and climbed mountains that i had never seen before simply because we wanted to show her cool playgrounds or go mushroom hunting. the plane trip was not the best part, but totally manageable...especially as the hostesses have stashes of ice-cream to bribe kids with lol.
    i look forward to getting back to italy to show off our new girl the family...but unfortunately i dont see that happening until next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius2 View Post
    haha! i would love to move back to qld. we have heaps of close family friends in noosa too lol!
    Do it, do it, do it!!!! Our little munchkins can play together

HPL going back ot work must suck but as Cas said I'm sure you'll be in a routine before you know it and you've had so long to prepare. Good thing you have that expressed milk. Did you try any of the natural remedies we mentioned a while back to boost your supply? I am thinking of expressing a bottle just incase for some reason I'm not around or DS decided he doesn't like boobie anymore. This is all very unlikely but you never know and I would just feel better knowing I have it. So what are the rules for expressed milk. As in how do you store it and heat it up etc etc. Run me through the whole process.... If you can.

Cass it's just wonderful showing off bub to people isnt' it! Everytime I duck down the street I run into someone and if DS isnt' with me I'm really dissapointed that I didn't get to show him off... This morning was a great example when I saw an old client and her 6yr old daughter who had really wanted to see the baby and had even asked me to touch my belly while I was pregnant and if I could bring 'it' in so she could 'pat' it when it was born anyway DS was at home with dh.

One of the income things has already fallen through which is totally crap cause it would have been absolutely fabulous and pretty much like a dream come true maybe it will work out in some way but not on such a grand scale..... watch this space

HPL did you get my PM?
    Last edited by Cherished; January 8th, 2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: note to HPL

HPL: get on the fenugreek tea! i found it awesome for supply and my friend that pumps for her special little boy who has to have a tube to his belly has fenugreek tea everyday to help her supply.
    also acupuncture works a treat but is a bit exxy. but maybe a good idea if in an emergency

Cherished: yeah i hate it when i am out and i see other ppl with their babies when i dont have mine with me lol. i love going out and about with them

that is pretty tough that the dream job didnt come through. i guess the universe has other ideas for you guys ATM. maybe travel will have to be done...a sojourn in europe...

AFM: well i am working on very little energy today. marta hasnt slept more than an hour and half in the last 36 hours i kid you not. BBL she is crying...wish me some sleepy baby vibes lol! gawd i need 'em!

Cass Holly molly 1.5hrs you must be at your wits end hon I've been meaning to try massaging DS with some lavender massage oil but all the lavender essential oil I find says that it's for adults only but the baby massage book I have says lavender essential oil is fine for babies? SO I really have no idea. I've been meaning to post a thread on it but haven't gotten around to it, do you know if it's ok? If it is maybe you could pop some in her bath water or massage oil?

I'm going to start having some fenugreek tea myself. I think my supply is ok but I've not been drinking enough water over the last few days and I know that has an impact. And my boobs are rarely hard (that sounds rude lol) so I think I can make more milk without any discomfort on my end and the more the merrier right?

Yep I'm just bursting to see what the universe has in store for us! a sojourn of maybe 2-3 years would be fab then back to the sunny coast for DS to start preschool

Hi ladies!!

Cherished - I lurv the sound of your jewellry!
    me - I prefer magnetic clasp for necklaces, and normal clasps for anklet/bracelet. Oh, and make the necklaces a couple of cm longer than the standard 36cm.

good news ladies on the night sleeps!
    Although our DD sleeps at night, she still doesn't sleep during the day. At the suggestion of the community nurse, I went to the family care cottage for the day to work on her sleeping with the nurse, and we got there at 10.30 and left at 4.30 in that time she slept for 40 mins in total - one 1/2 hour and one 10 min sleep. THe nurse didn't have any other suggestions for me, and even said that she thought I was doing everything to get her to sleep, and to DD she said - as she woke from a 10 min sleep with a big grin - that she was just being cheeky lol. Today from about 8.30am to 6.00pm, she had one 40 min sleep and two 20 min sleeps. So Cass, I can sympathise with your 36 hours! I know, at least I get a good night's sleep, but I am lucky if I get breakfast or a shower or anything at all done during the day, so I have to do all my "stuff" (just finished the ironing) at night - which isn't good for my sleep, but I can't even have a nap with DD during the day, because she doesn't have one!

HPL - good luck with work on monday!!

Milly: our girls are travelling a similar path with sleeps! marta normally sleeps really quite well at night (usually just one wakeup for boob and back to bed), but her day sleeps...omg. i do a song and dance if she has slept an hour lol. there isnt much i think that i can do either as she wakes up happy as larry. if she woke up angry pants then i would be trying more, but she seems ok...

BUT then again i am now dealing with a "non napper" baby lol. yesterday afternoon she finally relaxed enough to stop rolling (i'm thinking "australian heroes" episode of chick rolling to ayers rock lol) and slept for an hour and half...after 36 hours of no sleep...but then last night she woke at midnight and every hour on the hour until we 'woke' up at 8am she was up and wanting to feed. i am earth-shatteringly tired. all i keep saying to myself is that it cant go on forever, she will sleep sometime lol. just so cruel after that week of sleeping through
    finally she has gone to sleep just now. i am that she will do an hour, as a way to 'reset' her clock ITMS.

also, i have worked out that if i need a shower and she is awake i just bring her into the bathroom on her bouncer with a toy or two for her to suck. keeps her happy and lets me vague out under the nice hot water for a bit

have to say that having 2 kids is in a way easier because they really entertain eachother...yep! even at this age. Marta reckons that everything Leila does is cool and funny and Leila loves the attention of Marta. so it's good when i need to clean up a bit or do some cooking...so go on girls, get cracking, make another baby :LOL:

Cherished: ooopps. i have been putting in a couple of drops of lavender in her bath....if it's any consolation we have had no reactions! i think i'll do your idea today...warm lavendar bath around 4.30pm (if i do them any later she gets too excited for some reason...).

Also, we had Marta's 4 month check today at the MACH nurse. she weighs....6.8kgs!!!! holy hot pants batman lol! she is exactly 1 kg heavier than leila was at this age lol. but just perfect of course the nurse we had was a temp today and not that great. sucks when you get one that is not engaging. i really look forward to those appts and hate feeling rushed or fobbed off ITMS. ah well, next time. i just wish they ran them like they do in Canberra. here you have to have appts, whereas in Canberra they are drop-ins, so you get to go when you feel you need to and can have contact with other mums in the waiting room. i made some friends that way and we ended up having a weekly catch up afterwards at the cafe next door. this way of booked appts means taht you only see another mum as you pass eachother at the front door. not conducive to meeting the community i reckon. ok, rant over lol.

*cherished*: hey babe i hope you guys are ok with the flooding crisis going on...many friends of mine have been evacuated and i just saw that the sunny coast and brissy has been on notice...
    Last edited by Cassius2; January 10th, 2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: note to cherished

Hi Ladies!!

Cass: my goodness girl how can you even manage being on BB right now!! Hope bubba starts sleeping better for ya!!! I do the same thing with Audrey if I need a shower, she loves hearing the water so she's entertained just watching me lol

cherished: great work with the sleep!! I have bubs at work that only sleep for 40mins in an 8hr day n they are as happy as Larry!! Audrey doesn't sleep that long during the day anymore which doesn't bother me, just when she wakes 3 times a night it kills me!! Last night or should I say thisorning she screamed bloody murder for an hour, poor bubba and wind!! She's really struggling with bring it up ATM!! Also when I get a chance to use a computer n not my Iphone I'll tell u about the breastmilk storage and what not hard to type long posts on phone...

Damn it I got confused on who said what n can't scroll up to change it!!!! Damn it sorry Milly n Cherished I mushed ur 2 posts together!!!!!!

First day at work n missed bubs like crazy I honestly don't know how mummies can drop their kids to day care I mean wow I work there n have a whole new respect for working parents!! It's harder than I had imagined!!! Audrey's first day at kindy tomorrow hope she's good for the girls!! Getting routine in the morning is hard she wants to feed or sleep as we have to leave lol gotta stretch her out I think....

Oh cherished as cass said hope your alright up there, me in brissy have a few local roads closed so I'm guessing more to come.... I have family in both gympie n toowoomba so this weather is really effecting our family!!! Really wish it would stop!! Ha so much for my short post! Cherished I will post about breast milk next time so need to sleep now!!!!

hey girls,

cherished i hope you guys are ok up there. unfortuantely my Opa in toowoomba has had to deal with flooding yesterday. i was on the ABC website and saw the video pop up and then totally panicked as man, that is where i have been a thousand times before. i have crossed that road so so many times and i always park the car on that road...it really is distressing to see it all like that. i cannot stop thinking about those poor people and kids...sorry for the downer...just got scared about my opa (thankfully the water only reached his door...the garden is gone, but to me that's ok! an 80 year old man dealing with floods on his own freaks me out.

Thanks for all your thoughts We are OK but yes there is loads of flooding in the area. Our house is up on a rise so it won't flood and so far our neighborhood is ok and the town too. About 30 mins drive from us is seeing the worst flooding they have had in many many years so that's a bit of a worry. Cass I am sure there are people helping your Opa out hon, I am sure children and the elderly come 1st. The footage of Toowoomba really is upsetting but try not to worry, I'm sure they are showing the worst of it on the news and you're loved ones will be alright.

Hi Ladies,

Was checking in too about the floods...

Cass: Glad to know your Opa is okay, we have family in Toowoomba too its very scary and sad, as my cousin unfortuneately found 2 bodies in his paddock, its devestating, so so so heart breaking!!

Cherished: Glad that you guys are alright too, and that you are on high ground!!

We have famliy in Gympie and Toowoomba so its not that great atm, and we live Brisbane, so its not that exactly graet news for us, DP got evactuated from work as his works about 100m from the Brisbane River, sadly his work is also a residence, his boss and famliy live up stairs they predict their home to have approx 2m of water through it!
    I managed to get home safe with bubs from work, but we will be stuck in now, no roads going in or out of where we live, the house should be okay but you just dont know, i mean Toowoomba was meant to be safe and look at that!!

This weather is just crazy, so if you dont hear from me in a few days, its either bad, or we lost power just hope we dont lose the house, dont know what we'd do....

Stay safe cherished, hope your Opa keeps safe Cass!!

stay safe dear friends

Glad your OK cherished!
    I'm keeping everything crossed for you HPL!
    as Cassius says, stay safe!

Morning ladies!
    I hope everyone was OK during the night.

can I have a bit of a me post please?
    Poor little poppet - teething is making her MISERABLE! She is even off her food, not wanting cuddles, then wanting nothing but cuddles, I just can't seem to do anything for her
    This morning she only fed one breast (usually has both, and then a top up later on), so after an hour and a half, I gave up, and as I was quite engorged by then I expressed it off, as I couldn't even cuddle her properly it was so full... only to have her try and suckle when I was finally able to cuddle her good thing the other breast had filled back up by then.

Question - when can you stop "sterilising" - I realised that I had only washed the breast pump after last use and not sterilised it - of course I realised this only after i finished expressing!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast