Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 2007 #59

Hope everything went well today Cass. I hope you're feeling much better soon too.

G - that's funny I often put a wad of toilet paper in front of H too, 'cause sometimes it's a 'shootywee'!
    did you buy anything at the learning ladder party today? I went to one last week and bought a phonics type bingo. Something simple that i can play with H. Did you see the Starter Stiles?

Hi Jazah . Oh yeah I've had the shootywee baptism, in a cafe one day far from home LOL. Nothing like standing over a tiny little hand sink to wash your dress then dry it under the handdryer LOL.

Oooh Learning Ladder sounds like (oh so educational) fun!

I SURVIVED!!!!!!!!

thanks for all the well wishes! i read them just before going in and it musta rubbed off!! i ACED it!! they told me that i had commanded the theory in spectacular fashion and will force the theory i am using to expand to accommodate my findings!! YAY!!! so so happy! now i just need to tie up the conclusion and make it look pretty and then it is going to be handed in!!! 3.5 years of research...woot! wish i could have a champers lol!

Time for a glass of fizzy apple!! Why are we not surprised cass?

ETA - had to come back and say how impressed I am about the whole forcing the theory to expand thing!!! woooosaaaaaah!

Way to go Cass!!!!! You are sooooo incredibly intelligent and dedicated. When i used to do assignments, i'd leave them until the night before - i don't think i could handle 3.5 years of research!! (i often wonder how much better i could have done if i'd applied myself)

YAY Clare!!! well done! hey melb girls was thinking we really need to arrange our get together soon... i can do the next few weekends i think...
    I want the starter stiles - do you have them Jaz? I went to a LL party in Canb, but need to find a 'dealer' here LOL!
    Am feeling terrible that N is nowhere near close to TT. we arent even trying right now. i think i better get onto it.
    Good luck Kate - i hadnt heard of that balloon thing...
    AFM all is well - been abusy week at work and now i think J is getting sick. he had a roughnight last night with a high temp (39) and is super clingy. poor little man! he is teething too but i think i see the tip coming through so maybe that will stop bothering him soon.
    I have joined the gym and have been going to classes at 6.05am! Only been a week or so but loving it and feeling good for doing it. oi hope i see some results soon. i am being better with food but not amazing... not much willpower here!

Hi Mp - I do have the starter stiles - G was going to a party, so she may be able to give you a contact close to you. If not, i'm happy to get them for you and post them down to you
    Good luck with the gym. I'm being terrible with my food choices - no willpower here whatsover! I can start well on Monday morning, and then if i'm tempted by something naughty, i eat it and say 'next week' - and spend the rest of the week feeding my face - (and my butt, hips and tummy )
    Hope J's temps go down. My Z is feeling unwell today - slight temp, sore belly and whingy. She needs some extra special cuddles today

Cass, WTG! We all knew you would be fab. And I am with MD, expanding the theory to accommodate your findings is way impressive!

MD, is there a website that will take a kidney for a bit of quiet? I have two, it would be worth it!

Trill, I am alright, thanks for asking. Just the same ****, different day iykwim. I am fortunate that one of the local school teachers is on maternity leave and comes to one of the mum's groups around here and she is happy to talk about reading skills. From what she said, they teach alphabet, phonics, sight words and then as the books get more advanced they start sounding out new words. From the other thread I have realised that the rhyme words are important so I guess we will do -at, -it, -et etc when we get to it. It really isn't much, atm we are doing something maybe once or twice a week, just as a bit of extra when reading books. All fun based, no real structured stuff. I don't even care if he is reading or not, I just wanted something to challenge him a bit.

Boring weekend here, I am trying to force out a journal paper summary which is tough going when the material is so dry. I am wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew leaping straight into a second year paper, especially since I never really wrote essay's during my original degree (love science!). I also somehow volunteered to be the membership officer for toy library, didn't seem like a big job when I offered but it turns out to be reasonably involved!

Miss A is nearly walking now - she can do about 8-10 steps solo but she can't launch or stop on her own and I have to hover over her because she tends to fall to the side. She hasn't crawled and is showing no intention of it so it will be good for her to have a bit of independence.

hi girls

i didn't buy anything from the learning ladder party. i'm such a party pooper at these sorts of things, i don't know what it is exactly, but i just have a bad attitude about friends trying to sell me stuff. strange...i know i couldn't help looking at everything and imagining how much cheaper it would be on fishpond plus, we're finding times really tight atm. just got a quote to get a tree chopped down at our place- $2800.....am getting a couple more quotes this week.

cass- congrats you champ. i can't believe how much you have achieved at the same time as having L. i'm hard pressed to even clean a shower around here.

arte- wtg A! you will love having 2 walking toddlers get ready to run!

mp- i wan't too sure about those starter tile things, i thought they looked way too advanced for L- but i think he is a bit behind on those type of things. i could just see them getting spread half way across the house and ending up poking sharpley into the bottom of my foot when i make a toilet run at night.
    yes we do have to meet up soon!

jaz- how is the newsletter job going?

not much else going on around here. got an offer for the kinder i wanted for L, so i quickly paid the deposit straight away and then hand delivered the acceptance form to the kinder with the 2 boys like a psycho super keen mum an hour after it arrived in my letterbox

G - That's great that you got the offer from your preferred Kindy. Lol at you delivering it an hour after getting it.
    With the starter stiles - i brought them out this afternoon at quiet time (she doesn't have a sleep on the weekends 'cause she likes being with her big sisters ) We just used the Pre reading books - matching pictures - just really basic stuff. ikwym about being a party plan party pooper. I used to feel obligated to buy something at each party i went to. Now, i refuse to buy anything unless i absolutely need it (or want it) I think i've been invited to about 6 different parties over the past month.
    The newsletter is going well. I dropped H at dh's parents place last Wednesday morning. She screamed when i had to leave. I could hear her shouting 'muuummmmy' as i was driving off. It broke my heart. I couldn't stop thinking about her for the few hours i was away from her, and couldn't wait to get home to her. Thankfully it's only for a few more weeks. I enjoy doing it, but enjoy being with H more.

I've requested a new username. I'm so sad that i have to do it, but a couple of people irl know my username. Also, i googled my username, and was suprised at what came up! I'd posted something about costume hire in another thread a while ago, and it came up on a blog spot about Chauffers ?????? Also, my username and the little blurb under my name, came up on some sex site!!!!! I don't know what was happening there.

Anyone have any ideas on what i can buy 2 baby girls for their baptisms? I've been googling for a couple of hours, trying to find something unique. Everything i like cost over $50 though.

Jazah, have you thought of stainless steel cutlery sets? They are around the $20-25 mark. Someone got us a set when W was born and now he uses them every night for dinner. Not very unique I guess, but it was actually the best gift that anyone gave us.

Ginger, lol at the wee incident! And at rushing down to the kindy to pay! Thanks for the offer to send some learning ladder stuff, but I have no idea what they even have. Don't think that L is behind on that sort of thing - some kids are ready sooner but at this age he is certainly not behind.

MD, do you have work tomorrow or tuesday? Feeling excited? Nervous?

MP, 6.05am!! Are you kidding! Full points for effort, there is no way I could drag my flabby butt off to the gym at that hour (or any hour really...)

Well, of course karma has come to bite me on the arse - after saying the other day that W was fully toilet trained and reasonably well behaved he has suddenly turned into a little brat! He is throwing things, breaking toys on purpose!, disobeying and he has had 4 accidents in the past 3 days including a #2 which has never ever happened before. He is also having massive night tantrums for 1-1.5hours at night again. Grrrr. I suspect it is because A is getting a bit more attention now because she always wants to be walked around holding hands. He makes little huts out of cushions and then pretends to put a sign out the front that says 'Stay Out' - aimed at A! He is purposefully being careless around her so that she might get hurt and it would look accidental. Haha, that sounds paranoid but I have seen him spinning around by her and then swiping a foot out at her on the sly etc. Nothing is ever easy

OMG this is now my THIRD attempt to post!

J, good call on the username change, I hope you picked a word that returns a bazillion of google hits so that yours doesn't stand out at all. I agree with the stainless steel cutlery, I've given that a number of times, Wiltshire does a nice kids set with duckies or bunnies or dogs or teddies on the handle. Otherwise a lovely picture book with a bit of a spiritual theme (eg story about angels, or stories from different spiritual traditions), our catholic bookshop in town has a huuuuge selection. Better than some of the twee catholic paraphernalia they sell (there's only so many blond cheruby baby Jesuses I can handle LOL).

Ginger, gosh that's a lot of money! We had a quote for a new garage roller door the other day, over $4K . So DH went to Bunnings and bought an $8 wheel which a mate then cobbled down to the right size for him LOL. We have lots of maintenance needed on the house which we have put off while I wasn't working, the list is long and painful to contemplate LOL. BTW I'm a bit of a party plan tightarse too, it irks me that there's never anything good in the under $20 window.

Arte - GL with your report - don't worry you'll be crapping along artfully like the rest of us humanities students soon . BTW that sounds like normal sibling love, I've seen DD1 (who is old enough to know better!) set DD2 up on occasion.

MP - I too am totally amazed at your 6.05 am effort! I haven't started work yet and I'm already planning how to tweak my hours so I never have to get out of bed before 7am LOL. Though if you're feeling more energised already then I guess there's already a payoff!

So, yup, this is the week of my big rentree to work. Tues my first day. I'm kinda crapping myself, actually. Excited about being a big girl and wearing nice clothes and getting to read my book on the bus everyday on the way to work, but totally nauseous about having to remember people's names PLUS I have not the faintest idea what my job is going to be about LOL. I know if I smile and nod a lot and manage to stifle any yawning I'll get thru the first week ok. And anyway if I wasn't starting work on Tues I'd be going in for surgery so I guess out of those 2 things I know which one I'd rather be doing

ETA - Ginger - how come I've never heard of fishpond?????!
    Last edited by AnyDream; August 1st, 2010 at 09:14 PM.

MD, just fake it till you make it. Maybe you could carry around a small notebook with you and write down everyone's names, then a short description of them to help you remember who they are? I'm sure you will do great!

Cass, that is AWESOME news, congratulations!!!!! I never doubted that you would knock their socks off!

Arte, it wont matter what you do, there will always be times when the sibling rivalry does your head in. It sounds like he is picking up on you paying more attention to A ATM so he is playing on it bigtime I hope it settles soon though.

Jaz, that's why I stopped using my name a few years back, didn't want to take the chance. Plus I tell no one about this site so there is no chance of anyone putting two and two together.

MP, don't feel bad about N not TT yet, as I said, A is only doing it because I'm making him, not because he is truly 100% ready for it.

So further to that, he is going OK with it. I'm basically just taking him to the loo every now and then and he always does a wee without fail, and sometimes a poo but sometimes he will tell me he needs to go (either 1 or 2's) so he is getting the idea slowly, but for the most part it is just me taking him and removing the 'i'm so busting I can't get to the toilet in time' senario LOL. But we do have at least 1 accident a day which isn't too bad - I can live with that.

Ginger, forgot to comment about the tree - that is just crazy money! How long would it take them? 4 hours max? That is $700 an hour! If we lived closer we would come round with the chainsaw, the ute and some chains and cut it down for you.

MD, how can you not know about fishpond?! What surgery would you be having? Enjoy your last day of freedom.

LAST DAY OF FREEDOM - aaaaaaah (*runs screaming out of the room").

Trill I don't WANNA have to write things down! I just want my memory back!!! Lucky for me every one will have a name plate on their desk partition, plus i can print out my section page from the corporate directory and memorise names that way. That's the plan anyhow.

Arte the surgery was to have a notebook and pencil surgically fused to my wrist, remember? Naw, it's just to get my bionic vein removed (= officially not needed anymore = woohoo!) and tidy up my big scar which has a magnificent pointy dog ear at one end. Just day surgery but apparently a week off work nonetheless. So actually starting work and getting paid took priority, I'll probably have the surg in October, but now I'll get paid sick leave to cover it. YAHOO...who would think sick leave could be so exciting LOL.

I know you don't wanna write things down but I was just thinking that if you have a million other things to remember in the first few days that it just might help you keep track of everything. Huge bonus that they will all have name plates - now you just have to perfect the sneaky "I'm just having a quick refresh of your name before I address you" look

T - I've told so many people about this site, but usually don't share my username. One person knows it, but that's enough I guess.

md - i've posted a clip on Facebook for you - an idea to help you remember names. It's from the movie House Bunny. Hope you find it funny

Hey there Newbie

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast