Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, April '05 #2

Congrats on having a wonderful day so far Sarah!!
    Be proud of yourself!

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh that's great news, Sarah! Good boy, Zander! That's what we like to hear Thanks for the congrats on Gabby being 3 weeks (although it feels like it has been 3 months!).

Still no decent sleep today. She keeps having 10 minute cat-naps. Fingers crossed that the one she is having now will last at least a couple of hours. 4 would be brilliant but I am not pushing my luck

Sending lots of sleepy vibes to little Miss Gabby!
    Isn't it funny how it seems waaay longer than 3 weeks. I said the same thing to Aaron yesterday.

Debbie Lee Guest

I think sleep deprivation might have something to do with it, Sarah We are awake for many more hours than we used to be!! LOL

She's still asleep.... that's 30 minutes so far. Pllllleeeeease keep sleeping princess!! [-o< [-o<

Debbie Lee Guest

Urrgh! Spoke too soon.......

*Debbie says to herself* - this will get easier.... this will get easier!

LOL at it seeming longer, how true is that.

Deb, I think Gabby and Tehya are sounding much the same atm. I finally have Noah down and she is awake now ](*,)

Sarah, told you that you'd do fine. Yyay on Zander sleeping better too.

Don't feel so bad for getting cranky with your bubs, we all do it and guess what??? we'll do it even more as they get older Tiredness and frustration will do that to you.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

So no nanna naps for either of us today, hey Trish?
    Honestly, I can't sleep during the day n e way (unless I am sick or pregnant, LOL). It's good to know I am not the only one getting cranky @ the baby. It frightened the living daylights out of me that I could be so mean about it. I just don't have much patience! I think at times like that, it's the best time to just walk away and take some deep breaths. I repeat to myself just how much I wanted to have this baby and how much of a gift she is to me.... it helps!!

She has been stirring but not crying.... so far so good. It has been an hour. Just one more would be nice!!

Sorry Deb, Tehya is fed and back to sleep so maybe I will get my Nana nap afterall. I can sleep anywhere at anytime (not literally anywhere ) I have no problem with that, be it the lounge, bed, floor or trampoline.

Yeah it helps to remind yourselfof these things. I keep remembering how much I realy wanted this little girl. The thing is I am getting cranky at Noah more often than not, this morning he decided that it would be fun to put a pillow (bed one) over Tehya's head, lucky I was walking in the room as he was doing it. I went crankjy at him but you can't go too mad or he might start to resent Tehya.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh I don't blame you, Trish! Noah is right at that age where he is going to test your patience every chance he gets! On top of that, you have a newborn! Oh dear @ him trying to put a pillow over her head though. Isn't it amazing what younger siblings have to put up with that the first born never does? Maybe that's why the younger siblings are tougher than the older ones in some respects?? (I can say that because I am the eldest ).

Neil said something about us having another baby down the track - I can't remember the context. I took one look at him and said; "Nup... this is it. I don't want any more. You can go and get a vasectomy tomorrow". He thought I was kidding!

Yikes at Noa with the pillow. Lucky you got him in time.

Deb I have said the same thing - Zander will be an only child! I know I'll change my mind in a few months though

Debbie Lee Guest

I want Gabby out of nappies before I even consider another child! I dunno how Trish and Tanya and all the other with more than one do it!

There goes the Nana nap. My "princess" is awake again.

I keep telling Mark he has to go for the snip too. Only difference is that I really do mean it. 4 is more than enough kids. One more would be nice though (j/k ) Wedon't wamt anymore but he hates the idea of getting done. I figure why should I, it's easier for him. I have told im he doesn't get any sex til he gets it done. I wonder if that will work ???

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

You go girl!
    I figure after all the crap our bodies go through to have these kids, the blokes can bloody well suck up their pride and get the snip. It's not even major surgery for them!
    Imagine that?? Never having to be on the pill again and, yet, not risking getting preggo!! Oh, it sounds all too lovely!

Urrgh... the plasterer just came by to sand back the job he did on Saturday. He is like 3 hours early! Who has heard of tradies being early?? Anyway, I asked him if it was going to be loud because I had just got the baby to sleep. Thankfully he did it by hand and not with a machine so it didn't disturb Gabby at all. Phew! She is still asleep! Hooray! That's 2 hours now. My prayers were answered!

Now we can put an undercoat on the walls and Neil can put the kitchen in. Do you know how heavenly it is going to be to have an oven AND a dishwasher?? LOL

Hiya girls!! I was just checking in to see how you were!!

Awww Deb there are sometimes when I get so frustrated with Matilda, and feel so guilty about it, I mean they don't know do they? And I have often put her in her cot to go outside and have a few deep breaths... thats all normal This morning I was trying to get ready for work, get her stuff together for her only day of day care and I was feeding her breakfast which was becoming a nightmare, so I threw the food in the sink and yelled "fine then starve!" Luckily DH came and gave her a bottle so I could do some other stuff and had time to settle...

Sarah I've been thinking of you today, I even tried to call but its been engaged

Aww Christy that's lovely of you, thanks! I had to try 5 times before actually getting my Dr on the phone ](*,) He's happy to leave Zander's meds as they are, but I found out he is supposed to be having them 20mins before his feed & we were giving them to him immediately before - oops! No wonder it made him cranky.

yay for Zander Sarah, that is really good and glad things went well without Aaron. I too love the pic of you and Zander on the couch, it is so nice to see a mummy and her bub relaxing.

Deb-we have more cos we forget and cos we look at the little dears and love them so much. It seems like sucha good idea to have another and then you get into the labour ward.LOL I too am waiting for Arron to have the snip! He is procrastinating of course. And I am on the pill at the moment but I don't want to do that for ever and it is easier for him, I did my bit. I am with you Trish 4 is way enough!

Hope things are better colleen, it is definitely tough at your place at the moment.

Hi to everyone else
    Best wishes michelle

Does anyone else ever wonder why they bother going to bed????? Yup having a bad night!

I was wondering that myself Sarah, but I was dealing with a 3yr old 8-[

Love

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast