Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, April '05 #2

Just a quick one to say I have added Nixees Website

Hey girls
    kayla I sympathise with the sore boobs as I was a bottle feeder and it was very uncomfy. If you have a big lump you could end up with matitis, when you are in the shower maybe try to just massage any bib lumps you have, just to try and release ir, but not too much cos you don't want to stimulate. It's a pain. My dr actually gave me diarretics with my last to help dry up the milk but I don't think they did much.

Chin up Deb- persevere with the bfeeding but it's ok to comp feed, if that works then at least you will both get some rest until things pick up in the br feeding dept.

Hope Zander is better today Sarah! My MCHN said to just give boiled water for constipation, seemed to work, but we didn't have it often.

Hope you all get a good nights sleep tonight
    Michelle

Awww! Nixee is so cute Kayla. Congratz again!

Debbie Lee Guest

I have a far more positive attitude today.
    Last night I gave Mum a call and told her what was happening. She suggested I try calling Nursing Mothers and get their opinion. Unfortunately it was after 5pm so I just got an answering machine. So I called the MCHN Hotline and was on hold for 40 minutes! I got Neil to come in and hold Gabby while I waited and got more and more frustrated.
    When someone finally answered, I started crying straight away! God, what a basket case!
    Anyway, she heard me out. She seems to think because Gabby's wees and poos are all fine (there's plenty of them) that maybe she is snacking too often and getting a sore tummy. She suggested that maybe Gabby is just seeking comfort and that's why she doesn't suck for very long (just uses me as a dummy) as opposed to the times she feeds properly (like when she wakes up at night). I told her I had given her a bottle at 5pm so she told me to try not to feed her until at least 8pm because she had had 120mls.
    So I went to the supermarket with her, gave her a bath and a few other things and managed to string her out until 9pm. I gave her a BF because I had started leaking whilst walking around the supermarket and through the breast pad!! Amazing what a few hours break does to my boobs. There's definitely enough milk there! I topped her up with the bottle but she barely drank 20mls before she zonked it for.... 6 hours!! Woo hoo!
    My then my boobs were FULL! Way fuller than they have ever been before. She had a good feed at 4am and went back to sleep for 2 hours. I topped her up at 6am then she slept for another hour. So, in a round-about way, I got a pretty good sleep.
    So she has had her morning feed and I am going to try and keep the feeds 3 hours apart (without being too strict on time). Here's hoping hey?

Tanya - i hope your DH can sort something out with work. what a sucky thing 4 them to do!

Trish - maybe it IS a girl thing. little fuss-pots hey?

Chrissy - i would never tell you to mind your own business. It was a very good suggestion. Gabby semms to sleep when we R out and about so i may just have to get out of the house more.

Man! Typing with one hand is hard!

Aww Tanya, Pheonix is such a cutie. Might add that Tehya has both the bright pink outfit down the bottom and the spoil me top too Great taste hey.

Deb, sounds like you had a much better night. Woohoo or maybe not so much on the full boobs. The can hurt abit hey. Heres hoping that this routine works out much better for you.
    I make so many mistakes when trying to type one handed.

I have the community nurse coming out this morning, actually in around 10 minutes. I have a few things for her to check out with Tehya, like her belly button that is STILL red, her snotty nose that had us awake every couple of hours because she can't breathe and the rash that she has over her face and chest, also going into her hair. I'm pretty sure that it's just a hromone rash but want it checked out anyway. In the heat it is so much worse too, so then I was thinking heat rash, but......it's there all of the time #-o who bloody knows. She seems to get rashes quite easily whether it's on her bum or anywhere else, looks like this is my super sensitive baby.

Better go, kids are fighting AGAIN. I hate holidays.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww poor Tehya! She is in the wars!
    LOL @ hating holidays. I hate them too but that's because it gets so busy in shops etc. As a teacher it sux cos when you are on holidays, so are the kids! We can't escape!! 8-[
    Still, it's worse for parents. 2 Weeks of sheer hell!! LOL

Deb I am like you, also being a teacher about holidays. But you prob had the same as me, parents saying "Oh no, holidays already do I have to have them", and I used to think, well I just had them for 10wks and you did give birth to them so YEAH!" Now that I am home I feel the same as those parents LOL.
    Sounds like you got some great advice from the MCHN, so glad you are feeling better.
    Cheers Michelle

Deb, I am so happy that you called someone insteead of giving up... good on you. It is so normal to doubt youself when BF.

Trish, I remember Em had a rash like the one Tehya has. I don't remember what it was, but nothing to be worried about. But you better get it checked any way, huh? Unlike you, I love the School holidays . But I don't have any kids that fight....yet!! lol BTW, Pheonix is Kayla's bubba, but I am sure that is what you ment

Kayla... She is soooooo cute!! Well done matey! How are the BB's today. I hope they have calmed down a bit. They are uncomfy enough when they are being emptied.

Violet is sooo cute might I ad! She has been so good the last few days. I think it is because I am starting to get her into a pretty good routien, and I am starting to manage this too much milk thing too... yay for us!!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - that's great about the routine. Can you give me a brief run down of how it goes? How on earth you get a 3 week old into a routine is way beyond me! Yay on dealing with your milk issue too. I still don't know how you manage everything with 2 other kids as well!

Kayla - sorry I didn't reply before. Nixee is just adorable (but I am sure you know that already). Hope everything is going better.

I am booked into the Day Stay clinic next Tuesday with the lactation consultant. Hopefully I will come away from that with a better idea of what the hell I am doing!

We just went grocery shopping. God it's hard! Those stupid baby trolleys don't fit much in them! Then I went to Target and not a baby trolley in sight! I didn't pack the pram because I didn't think I would need it. Grrr. So no Target. Fi will just have to get her present another day!
    I got back home, unpacked the groceries and Gabby fell asleep in my arms. So I have tried to put her down but she is grizzly so not sure if it will work. She isn't due for a feed for another 30 minutes or so but I won't push it! Hopefully she will get a nap this afternoon before I go and visit Fi at the hospital. If not, then I guess she will sleep while we are there! I have decided I am not going to stress myself out.

Just a question, with babies this age, do they tend to fall asleep better straight after a feed or is it better for them to have a feed then a play then sleep? I know night time is a different story but maybe during the day, my strategy is all wrong because I try to get her down straight after a feed. Maybe a bit of awake time after a feed is better for wind etc??? I guess next Tuesday I will get some answers. I still have my MCHN appointment tomorrow afternoon so I can ask them too.

Awww Kayla Nixee is such a cutie and all that hair!! I still have a little baldy on my hands!

Yay at getting Violet into a routine Tanya. I'm checking with the ECHN if we can start up the routine thing again now that Zander isn't in as much pain. Poor Wato being told not to come back to work - how rude.

Awww poor Tehya. I hope her rash is nothing to worry about.

Deb how are you going today with the new routine? You poor thing, it's so hard to know what we're supposed to do sometimes.

We managed to have a good night last night, so 1 bad one in the last 4 is ok. Although our good nights involve 4hr sleeps, unlike some of you guys who are getting 6hrs - I am soooo jealous! I got him back to sleep at 7.30 this morning & went back to bed myself which I don't usually do - we both slept until 11.30, it was GREAT!

Posting at the same time Deb! I have read that you should follow the pattern of feed / play / sleep - that way if they are going to have wind or anything after their feed it's all gone before they go to bed. But hey sometimes they just wanna sleep.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - that is excellent that you got a sleep this morning! Well done on actually going back to sleep yourself too! It's not easy to do once morning gets here. It sounds like Zander is doing really well now that he has some medication to help his reflux. He'll be a cruisey baby yet!!

I found that even though Gabby slept for 6 hours last night, I was waking up so much waiting to hear her and with my boobs so full that it wasn't a great sleep for me. In saying that, I think I am kind of getting used to the "half-sleeping" thing. I guess I won't know a deep sleep again for a few years, hey??

Know what you mean there - I tend to wake up as well waiting for cries so I can get up to him before Aaron wakes up. The joys of being a mum hey?!

LOL I was up all hours at night last night with the half sleeping thing, because Matilda's sick & I'm sort of waiting for the cough ykwim? I can't remember what sleep was like pre PG

Deb, I feed Violet, then play, change, then feed her the other side, burp her then put her to bed. but having said that all babies are different.

Sarah I haven't had any 6 hours sleep yet either, I don't expect to for a few weeks yet either. Zander sounds like he is doing much better. WEll done

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

You know what I dislike the most?? Some of you are probably going to roll your eyes but I miss looking after Neil. I feel like I have abandoned him. How silly is that?

Tanya - you are right about all babies being different. I don't think I would be able to do that with Gabby. Just then, I tried "resting" between boobs and having a play but she screamed the whole time! Like full on screams! Urrgh! I let her go for a bit and she stopped for a few minutes but started up again. I guess I just have to keep plugging away at it, hey? She's down now and has been for 15 minutes. Will see how long it lasts!

Kayla - Little Nixee is beautiful

Deb - Any more news on Fi - hope her and Jenna are doing well.

Hope everyone else and there babies are doing aok.

Take Care

Deeanne

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee- I am going in to see her today. Depending on how long Gabby sleeps (if at all!), I will go in at about 5-6pm. Will take some photos but won't put any on my site cos I am sure Fi wants to show off little Jenna herself

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast