Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Newborn to 1 Month, March '05

OMG I had to laugh when I popped my head in here and saw how many pages there were, you girls are up to your old tricks, LOL.

Colleen- all 4 of my kids are the spit of each other, nobody can tell them apart when I put their photos together, it is amazing alright!

Sarah- my babies have all been good sleepers and I think that formula babies do sleep longer, they seem to be fuller than breastfed babies, and my gf agreed as she breast fed and then changed to bottle at 6mths and her babies seemed to be light sleepers, mine were always out for the count.

You girls are all doing so well, I was never able to sleep during the day, but maybe the compromise is just to rest, not do housework etc, just sit and read or watch TV and have a cuppa, take the time to rest instead of knocking yourself out.

great work on getting your way with "Violet" tanya, it is a lovely name and so is she.

I felt a rush of pride at you girls taking to motherhood so well, take care everyone .
    Cheers Michelle

Hi Girls,

Colleen, I had a look at the pics too, they really are the spit image of each other hey. My eldest 2 boys looked alot alike in some pics, now they are so different though. I hope that poor James' constipation lets up, I so know how he feels

Sarah, how fantastic is it to have feet and legs again instead of tree stumps... I haven't even tried to get my ring back in yet, have thought about it several times but haven't tried as yet. I have heard the same thing about babies staying in the capsule for too long - that it's not really good for their back, hopefully babylove gets back to you soon.

Deb, Tehya had a few spots on her tummy too but I just left them alone and they went away by themselves. And yep, their stump does get a bit smelly. Tehya's fell off at 7 days but it took quite a while to heal properly on the inside of it. She has a stick out belly button - my only bub with an outie, anyway the Dr seems to think that she may get a hernia in it but she says no to worry about it. Yeah right, still I will worry more if or when it happens.

Maryann, It seems whenever I finally get on here Tehya wakes and wants a feed or Noah starts up. I have been up since 4.45am this morning so decided to get on here early before the big kids go to school and while Tehya is having a kip. I hope that Charlotte is doing well.

Zola, you are lucky at only getting 4 pooey napppies a day. I think Tehya has more like 6, sometimes more, we are already up to no. 2 for the day. Thank God I use disposable 8-[ What a bugger about Bas' routine getting stuffed up at Nans house, maybe next time you can give her strict instructions not to feed him every 5 minutes

Thankfully we had a better nights sleep last night, even though I have been up since 4.45am when Tehya decided it was wake and play time and then I couldn't get back to sleep anyway cause Noah got up. I finally managed to get the 2 of them down at the same time yesterday and managed alittle over an hour nap. WOOHOO. I so needed it, a few more hours would have been nice but beggars can't be choosers right.
    Taking Tehya to the chemist to get weighed this morning. I will be back on later to update.

Have a great day
    Take care
    Trish

Hi Everyone

I hope you dont mind me joining in here. I am a little in limbo atm, no baby home here, and just running to the hospital twice a day to do the milk runs.

You all sound so happy and I cant wait to be just like the rest of you with a baby at home all the time.

I will do my best to keep up with everyone, although I am sure that you all know how hopeless I am, LOL!

Hayley is supposedly coming home on Friday, so it will be a great way to start a new month!!! She had her first BF last night and did really well, so I am happy!

Look forward to chatting with you all again soon!

aww it will be great when you get Hayley home Dinky! I can't imagine how hard its been for you!

Sarah I had Matilda in the pram for our transitioning out of our bed time and it went really well, the thing is that she slept so much better on an incline. Hammocks are apparently fantastic, everyone I know who has used one has LOVED them, Lucy's used one for Olivia too...and I know the reflux society has companies that they hire them out so you can trial one before you buy sort of thing...maybe you'll only need to hire one a few weeks and then Zander might be happy going in the cot... :-k

Hi everyone!

Only a quick post as I am sitting at the computer in my towel after my shower!

Sarah... we have the same capsule don't we?? I was sure we didn't get any instructions either, but then when we got the capsule to the hospital ready to come home I discovered a booklet tucked into the bottom of the capsule where it slots onto the base. It does say not to have them in the capsule for more than 2 hours at a time... and I worry about it too when Bas is asleep after going out and I don't want to disturb him. Quite a few people have told me not to worry about it, as he was much more skooshed when I was carrying him! Anyway... hopefully you'll get some helpful info from the BabyLove people.

Trish....ok, Tehya beats Bas on the pooey nappy count! At least we know their insides are working properly though

Michelle....feel free to come in and be clucky all you want Also... I meant to say thanks for the advice on increasing my milk supply, but Guinness to me is just like runny vegemite in a glass... yuk! I think things are improving now though, as we seem to be down to one formula feed and one expressed bottle.

Dinky!!! Yay!!! It's great to see you posting again Hopefully little Hayley will be heading home very shortly and you won't be feeling so much at a loose end... you'll be too busy feeding and dealing with nappies!

Deb...I totally agree that BB bubs are extra cute, must be something radiating from the computer monitors

We're heading out today to go and get our home loan finalised at the bank! Argh!! It's a bit scary to be going into so much more debt, especially with me not working, but it's really exciting that in less than a month we'll be living in our cool, new, bigger house!!
    I think we'll also make a stop at the pharmacy and get Bas weighed again, just to make sure he's still putting on weight. Felius goes back to work tomorrow, so we might get Bas' one month photo done today too!

So much for my "quick" post

Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll check back for the latest goss later

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - yay at finding your feet AND getting your belly button ring in. That's fantastic! You are right about it being so hard sometimes. I seem to get to 6pm and start crying over the most silly things. Yesterday I started crying because Gabby is so cute!! LOL Neil must think I am nuts! I hope you can find a way for Zander to sleep. Thankfully Gabby doesn't mind the cradle though I only put her in there at night. So far, she has been napping with people cuddling her or in her electric swing. I figure it doesn't matter too much because it is helping her differentiate between night and day.

Michelle - it's funny that you say that you adore newborns because they rely on us so much for their wellbeing. I am the opposite! I can't wait until she is a bit bigger and less reliant on me. It will be fantastic when she is able to pick up the dummy and shove it back in her mouth herself, LOL.

Colleen - I hope little James' constipation eases up soon. It sounds like you are doing plenty to help him along.

Trish - yay at getting a little nap yesterday. You are right, beggers can't be choosers and I bet it is damn near impossible for you to have both Noah and Tehya down at the same time. So yay for your nap! I hope it happens more often. Ooo ahh at the possibility of a hernia re. her belly button. I hope that doesn't happen! Gabby's stump is still pretty much in place for now. Not showing any signs of falling out. I think Neil will freak out when it does! As for the staff infection, it seems to be getting worse! One of them has doubled in size. They just look like big, pussy pimples. I put tea-tree oil on them with every nappy change and bath. Thankfully the MCHN is coming by tomorrow so I can ask her about them.

Dinky - you poor thing. I would hate to have to come home from hospital without my bubby. At least you know that Hayley is in good hand, hey? Rest up while you can (as I am sure you know) there'll be none of that when she comes home! Yay for her coming home on Friday though. There's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Neil has been so much more affectionate with me lately. I always get good cuddles right before we go to sleep at night and he is far more loving when he says goodbye to me in the morning when he goes to work. It's just amazing! Before Gabby, a cuddle like that would only come my way if he had had a few beers and he wanted something more. It goes to show that he knows exactly what I need atm!

We didn't sleep as well as we could have last night but I still got an ok sleep. We didn't give Gabby her bath until about 9:30 when normally she has it at 8:30 so I think that threw everything out of whack. She was kinda over it before the bath so that just probably wore her out too much. Ah well, you live and learn! So I got 2 three hour sleeps out of her.
    I am still wondering if I am producing enough milk for her as her feeds are taking at least an hour. When I take her off, she is still looking for more. I am thinking about getting some formula and giving her a comp feed before she goes to bed to see if that puts her out for a little longer at night. What do you guys think? That way I can just express before I go to bed.

Dinky - I appreciate how hard it is for you at the moment - our SIL had to drive up to Melbourne from Geelong every day for about 4 weeks for her little one. All that expressing and nose feeding.... Its the pits. Well done on the first b/f - that must feel great.
    I said to SIL yesterday - you are soooo lucky you never got to be 40 weeks - its the pits!! (she had 3 pregnancies that ended 24, 27, 31 weeks). She said she felt she did her hard time by having baby in hospital for 5 weeks. I tend to agree!!
    Best wishes to you - and congrats on the early arrival. I'm verrrrry jealous!!

Deb - recovered from the poo - although I am getting flashbacks which are rather disturbing! LOL!

Debbie Lee Guest

Sorry Zola - we were posting at the same time. Yay on getting your home loan finalised and before you know it, you will be in your new home! How exciting! I hope Bas has put on some weight for you and make sure you put the photos up on his site so we can have a sneaky peek! Yay at the feeding going better too!

Fi - LOL @ the flashbacks!

Deb the first few weeks Matilda would feed between 1 hours-2 hours at a time, I would often have to wake her up and move her around and start over. I was given advice from the ABA that said to just keep going 8-[ I hated that advice, and decided that we would feed for a maximum of one hour and then I got a 2 hour break no matter what LOL...

Debbie Lee Guest

Yeah it's easy for them to say, isn't it, Christy? Sitting there for 2 hours on end watching the day go by! It would be ok if you could walk around and do stuff at the same time. I know some women can do that (I saw a woman walking around kmart whilst feeding once!). I wish! With my big bazoomas, I have to be sitting and we need a pillow, LOL.

Awwww my baby girl just smiled at me! Her first official smile!!!

I think I watched heaps of TV and read a few good books those first few weeks... and I think it helped the recovery of the c/s too because otherwise I would have done too much as is my normal

Deb, i know how you feel, i have "big bazoomas" too and i've found that if i don't sit down and feed Ryan with at least 2 pillows i get cracked nipples, it does get frustrating sitting there for hours, especially when there is other stuff to do, but it doesn't last forever, i'm sure little Gabby (love the name by the way) will settle down soon.

I am sure that Charlotte knows when I am on the computer, she starts the moment I start typing a reply!

Charlotte lost her stump the day after I got home from hospital. I was terribly distraught about it because it stuck to the nappy and I didn't realise and I just ripped it off. I was sure that she was hurt even though the books told me otherwise and I shed tears over that. Her belly button looks lovely now.

I have the big bazoomas as well and find it an issue getting them into position. I must say I am watching heaps of TV. Speaking of breastfeeding, Charlotte only feeds for 15 minutes. She is putting on weight and has a lot of pooey and wet nappies so she must be doing ok but 15 minutes doesn't seem long enough. I would love for her to feed for longer and have longer periods between feeds. She feeds 3 hourly in the night and 2 hourly during the day. Oh, wouldn't it be great to have see through breasts that you could see how much the baby is getting.

Deb, I am having fewer teary days now. I had them fairly regularly in the first week and a half when I got home but they have definitely slowed down now.

Colleen, I hope that the constipation is better. I had a massage last night and the masseuse was telling me about the baby massages she has given. One baby had reflux and colic and she gave it a massage and green slimey poo came out a couple of hours later. Ooh, that sounds awful.

Speaking of which, we have a few pooey nappies a day.

Oh Dinky, you must be exhausted going to the hospital all day long. It will be lovely when Hayley comes home.

We are doing ok here and are getting into a bit of a routine with sleeps which is nice. At least I know that I should have time from 12:30pm to 1:30pm to do stuff. Now I just have to work out the rest of the day.

So much for a lack of pooey nappies over here we've had 2 today!

Yay for your nap yesterday Trish, how did you go today? No answers from Babylove yet, but from what Zola says I should really sort something else out soon.

Yay for Hayley coming home soon Dinky You must be so excited.

Thanks for the advice on the hammock Christy - we are seriously looking into it now.

Woohoo at your loan being finalised Zola \/ Yup we have the same capsule as you have, thanks for letting me know what the instructions said.

Yay at Neil being more affectionate Deb Our sleep was more broken last night as well. Zander is just being a cranky pants atm.

LOL at Charlotte knowing when you're on the computer Maryann!! Oh I shed tears over the stump falling off too, it just looked so horrible & painful.

As for us, the little man has been soooo grumpy this afternoon. All he wants is to be held & cuddled. Makes it very hard to get anything done! We tried to watch The Grudge & it took nearly 4hrs because of the constant stopping & starting.

LOL Sarah on the Grudge - thats how I watch scary movies anyway to calm myself down!! it wouldn't have been a problem for me! Shane hates the way I do it, so for that movie I just left the room every so often and made him call me when the scary bit was over.
    Maybe Zander is trying to help Mummy out??

Hi Girls,

All is quiet in my house atm, Little Miss has gone to sleep and Mark has the boys out for Joels trial footy game tonight, he will probably be back soon

Took Tehya out to get weighed and stuff today, I knew that she was growing I just didn't realise how much. She weighs 4.22kgs and is 56 cm in length, head 36.5cm. When she was born she was 3.71kgs and either 50cm or 52 cm (depends on who's meausrements you take) and hc was 35cm. So I guess that you could say we've had a GROWTH spurt. Who'd have thought that she'd been sick with gastro too. What a fatty she is getting Atleast I know my milk is doing good.

Sarah, maybe you could try putting Zander in the baby carrier around the house that way he is close to you.... Or you could just try leaving him in his rocker for a bit by himself with the radio or tv on for company. Just a thought. Thats how we watch movies most of the time with Noah around, not like you can sit for longer than 10 minutes at a time.

Dinky, so glad that Hayleyis coming home soon. How big is she now? Congrats on the bf too, what an accomplishment, you must be very proud of both you and her.

Maryann, Tehya does the same thing to me, here I am trying to type away as fast as I can because I can hear her stirring once again. Atleast now that bubs stump has fallen off you don't have to look at it any more.

Deb, yay at Neil being affectionate. The closest I get is maybe a kiss and I have to go and get that. Although the bugger hasn't stopped asking me for sex, I mean come on it wasn't that long ago I was pushing a baby out. Bloody men. I love the pic Fi has of her and Gabby, too cute.

Colleen, I hope that James is feeling better. How is it for you now that Ant has gone back to work? I know that my house seems to be a bit more normal now that Mark is back, honestly less got done around here while he was off than does when he's at work. How can that be????

Anyways better get going, have to check dinner. It's supposed to be ready when the boys gett back from footy

Take care
    Trish

Hey Trish,

Lily also had an outtie when her stump fell off. It has just recently turned into an innie though, so maybe that's what might happen to Tehya.

Just wanted to pop in and say Tanya, I LOVE the name you have chosen for your little girl!! Violet has always been top on my list for girls names, and Crystal has always been DP's fave name! How funny!
    Anyway, I hope all is travelling well with you guys

Trish - Woohoo that little Tehya is growing like a trooper!! Sounds like she is loving her Mum's milk!!

Oh Sarah, I remember what it was like for me trying to watch movies in the first few months - sometimes it would take a whole day, or never even get finished at all!
    I hope little Zander has had a good sleep for you by now, and is feeling a bit happier too.

Dinky - yay for Haley being able to come home on Friday!

Zola - congrats on getting your home loan finalised, its so exciting to move into a new and better place, isnt it!

Deb - that is really sweet to hear that Gabby smiled her first smile!

Its so great to see you all in here chatting away madly Make sure you all take care of yourselves now... I know all of your bubbies are in the best hands ever, but don't forget about yourselves now either!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast