Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, October/November '05

oh linda i cant weait to get our first smile.that must have been a real thrill.
    corey had a great bday and was spoilt rotten.chantelles boogies have dried up now,she is much more settled,we have our maternal health app today looking forward to seeing how much she has grown.
    my scar is healing nicely now.the infection has gone and the holes are starting to close up,yipee.apart from that all is well but finding it hard to get things done through the day also when she wants to be cuddled all day.so what was the tally of boys to girls and c/sections to natural births.

girl here
    c/section.
    nikki

Hi All!

Nikki - Boy here and a c/s. I think a lot of us ended up with c/s. It's amazing how many doctors push for them now, rather than going for the natural births.

Melissa

Hey everyone!!!

Things have been going good last couple of days apart from the weather. The cool change was supposed to come through early yesterday but it didn't which crapped me off because Tristan didn't sleep all day and he turned into Mr Grumpybum. It's cooler now and he's alseep. Yay.

Donella - DH has gone back to work today and he's given me specific instructions not to do anything because of the cesarean scar. I want house clean for when Mum comes. I suppose she can help me when she gets here. It's good that the parents can come and help and keep you company. My Dad is more excited because he hasn't seen Tristan yet (Mum was with me when I was in labour).

Nikki - Glad your scar is healing well. I was worried for you because of the infection and the holes. Now I'm happy that everythings ok. Mine's just got the numb feeling now. Still a teeny bit tender too.

Bummer, Tristan's just woken up. That didn't last long. Oh well.
    Speak soon

Love and Hugs.........................Bonnie

Hi!

Well Louis has been a little terror this morning. He goes down for about 5-10min then starts crying. I've tried everything and anyway he's just about due for another feed now so hopefully he'll go down after that. Although then we've got our maternal app so that sleep will be disrupted too. Grrr. At least I had an easy night with him! I'm so excited to see how much he's grown!

Nikki - for your tally - I had a natural birth and a boy! Glad to hear that your scar is improving!

Linda - I'm so jealous! I can't wait to see a smile. At the moment he gets an amused kind of look on his face but I'm dying for a smile (for the moment I have to be content with wind smiles!) By the way - I'll be joining you in the next forum on Wednesday - how time flies!

Donella - what a good boy at the party!

Cindy - Yeah I feel funny. I feel like everything has moved out of place kind of. I spoke to my Mum and she said she felt funny when she had us. I find it strange that no-one explains this stuff to you. I've got my 6w check up in a fortnight so I'll soon find out if everythings o.k. I tried to make an appointment earlier but there's a 2 week wait on my dr so...
    My bleeding is pretty much finished now - yeah! Now I've got no more excuses for dh though - hehe. I'm a bit scared about that...

Speak soon - I want to get a few things done before this terror wakes up again - hehe

kristie i too feel a bit scared about doing the do.hopefully our dh will be considerate and gentle first time,i think if we explain our concerns they will be very accomodating to our needs,not that i am in any hurry at all.
    had appointment today and chantelle is doing perfectly well.she was born at 2.6 kilos and is now 3.4 so she is growing very nicely.
    my bleeding is almost non existant some days and then others i will have a large amount.it does take up to 6 weeks to stop.is any one considering joining a play group or mothers group??????????????????????????????????
    i think i would like to get involved in something but was not sure wether to or not.
    donella,you live near me dont you????are you in caroline springs,cant remeber if it was you or someone else.that is only 5 mins from me.maybe we could join a group together??????????????????????????????
    nikki

Hi!

I just got back from our check up and Louis has put on 830g in 2 weeks!!! He is now 4kg. I assume he'll take after dh who's 6f3 (I'm only 5f3) He's also grown another 3.5cm in length! and here I was worried because he was only feeding on one side! Sorry for the ramble I'm just excited!

Nikki - Yep - I'm joining a mothers group. It starts in a couple of weeks. I think it should be really good!

Just had to walk back in the rain - grrr. At least I walked faster - hehe.

Nikki - I'm in Adelaide, so a long way from Caroline Springs!! I am looking at parent/play groups though to meet other families in our area as we don't really know anyone here yet. We're also going to do an infantile massage course which is held locally and goes for 4 weeks.

Our poor boy had his circumsision this morning, but I think it was more traumatic for us than him! The nurse took him into another room, and he was back in my arms 4 mins later happy as Larry and looking for a boob!! Is anyone else getting their boys done? We weren't sure about it, but figured it's better now while he won't remember it than to face possible infection later...

Have a student now, better go do some work I guess!

Hi Ladies,

I am finally here.

Jordan is a week old today and this is the 1st time I had gotten on the internet since he was born.

We got home thursday and havbe had so many visitors that I just I just havent had a moment rest really.

I am glad to see that everyone is doing well and bubs are thriving.

Nikki - for your tally I had a boy and a c-section.

Jordan is a good sleeper during the day, wil go 3-4 hrs between feeds, at night however it is every 2 hrs. I dont mind as I am still getting 6-7 hrs sleep as he settles back to sleep quite quickly.

anyways I have to make this short and sweet as bubs due for feed shortly. We hopefully be able to drop in more often soon.

Cuddles to all your bubs.

Welcome back Tracey!

According to the list at the start of this forum (and adding Tracey) we have 6 boys and 3 girls... 6 Vaginal births and 3 c-sections (Tracey - you were vag weren't you? Otherwise it's 5-4)

Hi Dee73, I was a c-section. It wasnt meant to be that way but thats the way the cookie crumbled. We arent getting Jordan circumsized. I dont see the need for it unless there was a medical reason they needed to. Hubby isnt circumcized so didnt want our boy to be different to his daddy.

Nikki - I am in Caroline springs. We live close to eachother as I beleive you are in taylors hill. I have friends that live in taylors hill.

Hubby has organised our thankyou cards already, gee he is organised and taking to parenthood like a duck to water. I on the other hand struggle at times, but thats all part of the learning process.

I think I will be a little overwhelmed next week when he returns to work. I have a friend in the st who is home with a 10 week old so atleast I will have some support close by which is comforting.

ANyways off to watch neighbours and start feeding little Jordan.

Can you please add my details to the list, thanks

Forum Name: Deancey
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 31/10/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.9 kilo Length - 51 cm Head Circ - unknown (wasnt advised)
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Jordan Bailey
    Baby's Website: bubbadean.com.au
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: emergency c-section delivery as bubs head turned last minute.

Hi!

Tracey - Congratulations on your little boy! How exciting!
    If found the first two weeks really overwhelming! It's such a big shock to the system - Nothing can prepare you for it I don't think. I'm only just starting to feel normal again.

We're not getting Louis circumsized either.

Has everyones boobs settled down yet?? Every so often mine get so full of milk and go rock hard and then I soak through my breast pads - hehe. Maybe that's why Louis has put on so much weight - hehe.

morning girls.we didnt get our boys circumcised either,they told us it was not necessary as long as we taugt them how to wash that area.it is not very common these days except for religous reasons.
    my boobs are the same kristie.i dont have to wear pads though,they have only leaked twice and only a small amount.
    deancy we really should catch up one day.if you feel up to it let me know and we will organise a cofee get together to get out of the house,it will do us good.
    how is everyone else going,hope your munchkins are being kind to you.
    nikki

Good Morning!

Nikki - I so wish I didn't have to wear breastpads. I soak 4 a day! And they are definitely limiting my wardrobe because you can really see them under clothes.

Louis has been unsettled this morning (although I had a good night - yeah) He just seems really grizzly and the dummy doesn't even soothe him. He's just had his next feed and is dead to the world though. I've just got him in his baby carrier on my belly! I haven't used it yet but have to do a couple of things at the shops so thought I would try it first. It feels funny not holding him though. I'm sure I'll get used to it. He's sleeping soundy in it though. I might try it tomorrow morning if he's unsettled so that I can get some work done!

Have a great day!

kristie they are a great invention,when chantelle is unsettled i pop her in there when i am doing my house work and she usually seems to like it,it is great cos both hands are free and you can still get things done.
    would you be interested in meeting up with me and deancy,since you also live in melb,i realise you are working and are on the other side of town so maybe we could meet half way,let me know if you are interseted.
    nikki

That sounds great Nikki! I would not be able to until December though as this month is just crazy. Let me know. Maybe we could meet in the city or something.

Hi ladies

Jamie and I took Jordan into both our work places today for a visit. It was really funny going back to work after 4 weeks off.
    I was so flattered because everyone was telline me how wonderful I looked, gotta love that. My belly is shrinking by the day and now by boobs go out past my belly and not the other way around.
    I had another unsettled night last night. I was up till 3am and then hubby took over. He settled him in a couple minutes?????? Why is that always the way.
    I am starting to wonder how I will go when he is at work as he is doing majority of the work so I can recover from the c-section as quick as possible.
    Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Nikki I would like to catch up some time but at the moment I cannot drive so will be atleast another 4 weeks before I am able to drive the car. We can organise something after then.

Going to check on Jordan, hope he is sleeping. [-o<

Well we had a crappy night lastnight, Victoria was up at 1am and didnt go back down for any longer than half an hour untill 9.30. She just wants to play all the time, she has worn herself out thoug so hopefully she will have a good sleep tonight.

I bought some formula today for incase she does her thing again tonight and hopefully that will knock her out a bit more. Is anyone giving their bubs a bottle at night? I know its not fantastic for them as a whole but I figure its not going to harm her to have formula now and then if she will take it. I just need to get some sleep and if it will help I am a fan!! DP giving her EMB bottles settles her for an hour or so but thats just not enough for me!!

Do I have to move onto the next section tomorrow? As she will be a month old already, can you believe how fast time flies.

Oh, also, im not sure if I was counted on the tally, I had a natural birth and a girl!!

Hope you are all having a great day today, I am off to catch some zzzz's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast