Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, September/October '05

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Girls

Just wondering if I could join the no sleep club!

name-kirsty77
    State-Qld
    Babies DOB-15/9/2005
    Babies stats-weight-8ib13oz 4.010gm length-52cm head circ-34cm
    Gender-girl
    Baby name-gemma louise
    Baby's website-www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gemmalouise
    Health concerns-none
    Notes-Was induced with gel due to me being 7 days overdue.23 hours of labour that wasn't progressing past 9cm dilation due to my pelvis being to small to birth her.Resulted in an emergency c/s.

Custardtart Guest

Hi Kirsty!
    You can only join if your baby sleeps better during the day than at night! (just kidding )

Kerrie

LOL all updated girls

Kirsty77 Guest

LOL!!Well she does most days but I've started a bedtime routine in the hope she might start sleeping better at night!Although she did keep me up a fair bit early this morning*yawn*.She's been sleeping all day today, just waking every 3 hours for a feed, but Corey has tomorrow off as I have to have my staples out so hes on night duty tonight!

Ellibam Guest

Forum Name: ellibugs
    State: S.A
    Baby's DOB:14th sept
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4.160-53cm-36cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Makon Tomack
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: induced 2xgels, ARM, Drip, Lots of gas, Vag birth (cant really call it natural) episiotomy and major tear.

Hi girls
    Well i cant believe i finally have a baby!! and he is 9 days old. i am finding it to be relativly easy, although today my poor fanny has really been hurting so trying to rest up some more(think i have been over doing it)
    Makon has been great i get at least 5 hours straight of sleep a night, but have nanna naps to. Nappy service came today so i think that will make things even easier.
    Does any one have a hic-upy baby?? makon gets the hicups 3-4 times a day. i usually try to give him a small feed which sometimes works . Any other suggestions??
    catch ya later

*Just popping my nosey head in*

Elissa - hendrix gets the hiccups all the time too. He got them heaps in utero when he was newborn he'd also get them 3-4 times a day and even now at 3 months old we have some days when he still gets them 3-4 times. Our problem was that they really upset him after a while. I also tend to put him on the boob and it seems to work most times.

Custardtart Guest

I find the same thing with Max, a little feed seems to be the only thing that settles them.
    Ellibugs, I don't know if you've had a good look through the forum on reflux here, but I went through it last night - on the second page there is a good thread about dealing with reflux, I changed Max's positioning when I fed him last night to holding him upright on the breast and it drastically reduced the amount he threw up afterwards - just one little spit as opposed to 30 mins of periodic chucking. I also put him down to sleep on an angled surface with his head raised rather than flat, and it seemed to help him settle.

There are times when I love the information this forum has! I actually got enough sleep last night.

Kerrie

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Kerrie & Kirsty. Thought I'd make the effort to post here on our last day before Asha and Lauren are a month old.

Kerrie, you worked so hard with Max's birth, any wonder you were pooped. Great to hear you're all enjoying your family time. 37cm, that's a decent sized head alright. Sounds like he's doing great. Lol @ Samantha's 'word of the week'.

Kirsty, read your birth story last night. You had exactly the same thing as me with the epidural only working on one side (or did I have exactly the same thing as you, I'm still just waking up, lol). Hope it doesn't hurt getting your staples out today.

Hi Ellissa. Had a baby huh? 9 days already? Wow the time is just flying. Lol, I remember the fanny being the judge of whether I'm overdoing it. It always feels a bit bashed up after having a baby. 5 hours at night is great. Asha has hicups sometimes too, I think my milk is a bit gassy sometimes.

Well Lauren put on 167 grams & Asha 300 grams at last weigh, and Lauren has finally reached just over her birth weight. I'm not waking her to feed every 3 hours any more, just going by demand, which can be 2 to 5 hours.

The MCHN is still coming to us at home, and I think we'll do that for one more weigh on Monday then start going in ourselves. I've been out twice now! Went to a friend's house on Saturday, and went to a local AMBA (multiple birth association) morning tea on Tuesday. It's quite a big deal getting 3 little ones strapped in the van.

This Saturday we're going to Chesterfield Farm if it's not raining. It will be our first use of the twins stroller. I really hope it doesn't rain because Ruth is really looking forward to it and I think Angus will love it too.

Had a rotten week money wise. Washing machine broke down - new control panel, van broke down - new hoses, Lindsay's computer broke down - new motherboard. Christmas coming up, arrgggh.

So apparently I have 5 kids now, and that will be it as Lindsay is off to have his vascectomy on Monday. I'm still in a bit of a daze I think. The post baby high has worn off and I'm just muddling along now.

Angus needs me now, & I need some breakfast & a shower & then to put some washing on. Still catching up with the washing....

See you in the next thread O

Custardtart Guest

Heh... washing... don't get me started! How can one little being create as much washing as the rest of the household put together?
    I went out yesterday for our first 'whole family outing' to the movies, it was lovely to get out and about but I was overtired before we began, which was a bit of a bummer.
    I'd arranged for Mum to come and take the older two out today so I could get some sleep, but I actually got enough sleep last night (I think I'd better frame those words, hope it's not the last time I use them!) so when she came over I suggested we all go out together, seeing as I had the energy.

My Mum and Dad's card group all banded together and gave me a Target voucher for nearly $200, so Mum and the girls and Max and I all went on a shopping spree at the The Glen to choose some cute baby clothes (and a new outfit each for the girls). I borrowed an electric wheelchair from the shopping centre to make sure I didn't overdo it and zoomed my way around the clothes while Mum and the girls shared pushing the pram. It just felt SO GOOD to get out of the house for a bit!

Max has been a lot more rested today than previously, so I reckon the reflux (upright) positioning while he is feeding is working, which is a real boon. The sun is shining, I have energy, and I'm on a real high! Now I have to be sensible and rest while the kids are down at the park, so I can continue to maintain some level of energy for the rest of the day.

Catch you later, and throwing around some spare energy for anyone who wants!

Kerrie

Kirsty77 Guest

:smt039 Here here spare energy this way please...............

Gemma has been getting hiccups to Ellissa, at least 3-4 times a day.They don't seem to bother her though.Oh and ouchy on the fanny tear.Argh it sounds rough!

Kerrie-doesn't a good nights sleep make all the difference.I still feel muddle headed!How cool about the $200 target voucher and the electric scooter sounds like fun.

Yvette-Itsn't it weird about the epidural!The hospital said I was the first there that it had happened to!The spinal I must say was pure bliss!Bummer about everything breaking.We have weeks like that where its not one thing that breaks but about 3 and its a week wher theres not alot of money because of other bills.

I had most of my staples out today.They left 2 of them in as one side hasn't healed enough as is abit oozy(yuck!).I have to go back sunday to have them out.I had my first big outing today with Gemma and Corey.SOOOOO glad Corey came as I was exhausted after an hour!Keep forgetting I've just had a baby and to slow down!Has anyone else had a loss of apetite?I find I can't really eat much at all, which is good as I've lost quite a significant amount of weight already, just have to weight for this flabby belly to go down.It looks so weird, especially with the staples!

*Yvette* Guest

Drizzle clearing forecast for tomorrow, we might make it out.

I'll take some of that spare energy Kerrie, I need to sort out the baby clothes & find the floor again under all the toys.

Kirsty my appetite is affected a bit too, & same with my friend who's just had twins. Eating is a bit of a chore atm. I'm down from 92kg to 75kg, was 72 before conceiving, & want to get down to 60 before my birthday in March.

Did I mention that I have stretch marks now? None at all throughout the pregnancy, then a few days after the birth they started appearing, fine red squiggly lines under by belly button down near the panties, & I think they're getting worse! Totally not fair.

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh my god Yvette!!!!!!!!You just had twins and you only just got stretch marks!!!!!!!!!! #-o You are amazing!I've had stretch marks since I was about 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO FAIR!My belly looks like brains there are so many of them! 8-[

Forum Name: nixie
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 23/09/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 6oz, Length - 48.5cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Reilly Matthew
    Baby's Website: not yet!
    Health Concerns: nothing so far (fingers crossed)
    Notes: 4 days late, born after 7 hours of progressing labour (he had been a bit stop-start for about 8 hours prior), had gas, pethadine and epidural, ended up with a small tear requiring 2 stitches. Apgar of 9 and 9. Left hospital after 34 hours.

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining in!
    I still can't quite believe it all happened, still a bit dazed but very excited! Reilly is so far a little angel, feeds pretty much every 4 hours and sleeps most of the time in between. After the birth he just slept for almost 6 hours, which would have been wonderful if I hadnt been too excited to sleep! When he is awake he is very curious and alert, and of course I think he is just the most gorgeous baby (mummy bias obviously, but he is very cute) he has black hair and enormous eyes, and I cant get over how small he is (Isaac was 9lb 4oz).

Hope everyone is doing well and getting some sleep, hopefully I will get a chance to read over the post so far tomorrow!

Ellibam Guest

congrats nixie

Kirsty my belly looks like a brain to but i have to lose mine fairly quickly our wedding is in 6 weeks (great timing)hehehe oopps!!!!
    My appitite has also gone down the drain but im drinking massive amounts and making sure im taking vitamins but am craving fruit and veg which is good for the weight loss i guess( i have never been very interested in dieting)

thanks for the tips on hiccups i just gave him a feed because he had them and did it upright and he didnt get them!!

catch you all later

*Yvette* Guest

Kerrie yes it's astonishing how much washing these babies can make. I'm going to start trying the upright positioning like you've been doing & see if that reduces the chucking at all.

Kirsty I find it hard to believe this epidural thing hasn't happened to other people much. I'm very curious about it now & want to know how it works. My stretch marks look like brains too. I'll post a picture of them on the website as soon as Lindsay gets his computer back. If they don't go away I've decided to be proud of them!

Hi Nixie! Sounds like Reilly's doing really well. I know what you mean about being too excited to sleep just after the birth.

Hi Ellissa!

S'pose I'd better go get started on the next thread now.

Oh, we had a wonderful day out at Chesterfield farm. I cuddled & patted lots of animals, & the big girls got to milk a cow & bottle feed a lamb. We had a bbq lunch & it was all just lovely. Asha & Lauren slept through the whole thing.

Kirsty77 Guest

hehehe was having visions of everyones bellies looking like brains!

Gemma is getting harder to settle at the moment.I now have her on formula as she has shredded my poor boobies to nothing!She just LOVES the formula!She wakes every 3-4 hours for feeds but at night has become a bit of a nightmare to settle before bed.She has one bottle which takes her a good 40 mins to have 90mls(roughly) then 1-2 hours later wants more!!!!!!!(before she even thinks of going to sleep!)Guess I'm having trouble because she's been a dream to settle up until now!I think she'd be happy if she could sleep on me all night long!(I wish,to scared I'd smother her)I shouldn't complain to much though as she sleeps initially 5-6hours when she does go to bed and then another 3-4 hours after that untill daylight so I am getting my fair share of sleep.Its just all so new and weird to be a mummy!

sfischer Guest

Default Newborn in September

Forum Name: sfischer
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 12/09/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3260g / 51cm / 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Stephanie Kristina
    Baby's Website: None
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Born at 37 weeks and 2 days, 2.5 hr labour, no problems feeding, beautiful little baby.

My belly doesnt look like a brain, but it does resemble some kind of jelly #-o
    which is just as bad.
    Kirsty, sounds like you are getting a good amount of sleep, lucky you! Reilly is a formula fed baby as well and he just loves it. He is a good sleeper as well, just not at the right times, he would sleep all day if you let him, but has a huge restless period between about midnight and 5 where he just wont be soothed, which is quite frustrating.
    Ellissa, I cant believe you are managing a new baby and a wedding! I sort of know how you feel because we have to move house by the 16th but a wedding is so much bigger, good luck!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast