Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, September/October '05

Kirsty77 Guest

goodmorning ladies

You won't beleive how much Gemma slept last night!She fell asleep at 8.45pm and woke at 2.45am for her feed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can't beleive it!!!!!!!!!Then she woke again at her normal getting up time of 6am!Normally she sleeps really well at night but not normally for that long!

sfischer Guest

Hi Divvy,
    oh my gosh, 8 days late, you poor thing must have been sick of waiting by then..mine came 18 days early again, like her sister. But she ended up being a bit bigger, heavier and everything seems to go easier second time round. Right now she eats like an elephant calf, after losing about 300g to start with, in her first week home she put on 80g, in her second week a wopping 290g! We're off to get weighed again today...

Hope all is going well for you and Ned and you're getting plenty of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Divvy
    Forum Name: Divvy
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB: 27/9/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight 4280- Length -51.5 Head Circ - 37
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Edward William John (Ned)
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 8 days late, c/s

Thanks Christy, maybe our girls are the same!!!

hee hee..

I will just check it out on Thursday at the Health Centre!!!

But I am not at all worried anymore!!! She is really doing so well!

Hi Ladies, I finally got around to popping in and catching up on everybodies posts!

Leah is doing well - a bit grizzly today with a bit of an upset stomach I think - we are going through some nappies today! It must have been what I ate last night - still trying to work all that out.

There are concerns over Leah's left hip and are going for an ultrasound next monday to see how it has formed and is growing. She is borderline at the moment whether she will have to wear a harness for a few months to correct it - is this a common problem does anyone know?? hopefully it will be ok - its so upsetting to see her screaming when the docs are pushing and pulling on her legs

She is feeding well and sleeping well (4-5hrs between feeds).

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Amanda

So sorry to hear about Leah's hip.Hope it gets better soon.Have been onto your website and Leah is just gorgeous!!!!!What a cutie!Glad to hear shes feeding well too.........4-5 hours between feeds for a b/f baby is pretty good \/ !

So Tracey when do we get to see pics of your little cutie!?Can't wait!Glad to hear Indah's doing well.I thought Gemma was a good sleeper but Indah has her beat hands down!!!!!!!!!!

My sister now 33 had Hip dysplasia (I think that's what it's called!)
    she wore a hip harness thingy & they didnt find it til she was 18months old & walking already!
    She is & was fine, it can be hereditary & so when Maddy was born they did numerous checks & will no doubt do them with Indah too through her Health Nurse, but in Hospital they said it was fine...

It is very common...

I must make a website thingy, but just have No Idea!!!

I could e-mail pic's to you, just e-amil me...

Hi girls!

Hey Tracey its really easy to do a website through babiesonline... you just basically follow the prompts & reduce your photos....if you need help check them out & email me

Kirsty77 Guest

hey tracey

have emailed you to get some pics of Indah!!!!!!!!!Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

OMG Tracey your girls are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!And Indah...what a head of hair and those chubby cheeks!!!Maddison is sooooo cute..what a little lady!You must be so proud!

gosh, finding time to get on here is becoming really really hard! With a two year old and a newborn, the days just fly! Isn't it funny how the last two weeks of being pg is REALLY LONG and the first two weeks of babyhood just flies by!

Ned is doing really well, however is feeding every 1.5-2 hours during the day. I'm alternating breast and bottle as I just don't have the supply. Overnight, we're settling down at about 9pm, waking at between 12:30 and 2, and again about 6am, then more sleep til about 8:30am. Can't complain, he's fully breastfed overnight, so it's easier for me. Thank goodness for ABC though, there's just nothing else on telly at 3am (apart from home shopping and I have better things to watch... ie my toes...)

Other than that, we're doing fine... I'm still recovering from the c/s, I'm pretty tired, but we'll get there. I've had to put away all the 0000 clothes because Ned is too big, so we're into 000 already. Pity, because I had so many cute 0000 and 00000 from Alex who was in them for a while! The boys are the same size at the same time of year/season, which will be good, only Alex is born in May and Ned in September! Bring on the 00s for summer I say!

OK I think I managed to make a website, hope it works!

Melody Guest

wow it works all right! She is dreamy

Oh Barley your girls are just gorgeous!!

OOOH, Amanada,
    those pictures are adorable, what a beautiful girl you have!!!!

Ellibam Guest

hi girls
    evryones bubs are beautiful. i cant figure out how to make up a web site so poor little Makon doesnt get one!

Saturday night we had a scare. i was just about to jump in the bath with makon when i felt a trickle down my leg, when i looked it was blood and it kept coming then when i looked between my legs (sorry if tmi) there was this thing hanging from my fanny so i waddled to the toilet(worried it was part of me) and gently pulled it out and then there was more blood. I rang my mum whois a midwife and was at work. because i was freaking out and crying mum called an ambulance for me which by the time they came i had filled a pad but it was easing! my dad and sister were called to and came down to look after Makon (my sister is always freaking around babies) i was then taken to womens and childrens which is about an hour away. Ben was at work while this was happening but we called him and he met us at the hospital, although he got there before us and said he smoked his lungs out while waiting. But it turned out that it was just a large clot and it does happen occasionally. I was just so scared. All is well now though.

well we had a nine hour night the other night which was great,(considering the night before) but my poor boobs really did suffer. im now trying to express a little bit each day now so by the wedding we will have a decent supply for him.( theres no way my boobs are coming out of my dress)

time for a feed catch yu all

OMG!!! That would have been so scary! I'm glad you are okay though!

wow what a story and a frighting experience - glad everthing is now ok.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Everyone

Geez its been quiet in here!!!!!!!!Hows everyone going?

Gemma is going great and still sleeping, feeding well.I weighed her last thursday and she was 10lb exactly!She was 8lb13oz at birth but lost just under the 10% that they allow when we went home so I'm really pleased with her weight gain.She has really started to get chubby in the face and her legs are starting to fill out!Its so cute!Thats formula for you I guess, full of fat!

Well looks like we're in for another hot day here............YUCK!

Take care.................

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast