Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Breast Pads

I had the same problem and STILL have to wear nursing pads! My fave are the J & J ones, but I agree, they get too expensive. I now use the rite aid ones, you can get a bulk pack from Woollies for about $7 and they are often on special and even cheaper. They are not too bad, but I still always have some J & J ones on hand to spoil myself every now and then!

I have been a BIG leaker with all three - and now Coles also have their own brand which are ok once your milk has settled - I have used Pigeon - yes expensive - but I find in early days worth the investment to ensure the excess milk is drawn away from the nipple to prevent bacteria etc. I have another 2 boxes then will switch to cheaper brand.

Like you Bun I end up using them nearly the whole time I am feeding . I still wear a bra to bed for another couple of weeks until things have settled - and then I keep a flanny nappy nearby for middle of the night sneaky let-downs!!!

I used J&J most, but the Rite ones are good & cheap too.

I STILL have to wear a BF singlet to bed every night and STILL sometimes leak through it! (and that's with the nursing pads). Poor DH - he is terrified of my boobs (they leaked on him once!).

Rite Aid from Big W or Woolies. Contained heaps! $7.50 for 60 unless on sale

Yep, the rite aid one. I can't buy them where I live, so I buy a couple of boxes or more when I'm near BigW. i use to use J&J with DD, but found they would stick to my nipples. I tried again this time round (8 years later on) and they still stick to me! I got the rite aid ones after reading about them on here.
    I also have some washable ones from MAz, which are nice and soft

Nic

gabi - with DD i used rite aid as well but i was the same. I never got out of wearing them even at 7 months! i still leakd

this time around i am using bamboo breastpads and havent bought a box of sposies yet! i have about 15 pairs and with washing nappies every second day i throw them in and never run out!

I still have to wear breast pads every day! I use the Woolworths HomeBrand ones, I think they are great!

i have the natures child ones and they are exquisite !!! but the nuk and pigoen ones are exxe but fab!

I swear by the NUK ultra dry, little expensive but the only ones that worked for me and would keep me dry, I was a HUGE leaker, have brought heaps of boxes in anticipation of this bubba as well

Zoe baby 1 Guest

Smile Breast Pads

I used to use the Pigeon breast pads until i discovered at my pharmacy store Swisspers Day and Night nursing pads. They are great! You have the option of 2 different pads 16 day pads and 8 night pads. The night pads have higher absorbency to the day and are reasonably priced. Exactly what i need as i leak more at night.
    Try them!

Default Recommended reusable breast pads.

Hi,

I bought some Advent reusable breast pads but they hold their shape and make my breasts look like they are a very weird shape! So I don't want to wear them in public. Also I find if I leak a lot I leak right through the Advent pads and into my bra. Can anyone recommend some reusable breast pads that mould to your breast and don't leak through?

Thanks!

I found the exact same thing with the avent pads. Urgh!

I now use some swadlebees pads, they are really big, but that makes them more moldable iykwim and I haven't had any leaks. Admittedly I didn't use them for those first few months when leaks are more likely to occur...

link

ETA: I should say big in circumference - they are pretty thin.

I tried them all and IMO the Pigeon gold are the best by a mile.

Don't get teh tommee tippee ones - they are terrible.

From what I hear the ones Maz makes are great

I got home made ones from a market. I never used them as breast pads as I never got enough milk to use them but I've used them for mopping up chuck & they've been washed heaps & kept their shape. Perhaps look out for something similar - perhaps the aforementioned ones Maz makes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered some Maz ones.. there were only a couple left! So I might also order the Swadlebees pads to try.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast