The risk of miscarriage from an amnio is higher than a uterine rupture from VBAC which I think is important to point out. There are also LESS risks in regards to the anaesthetics and surgery involved including infection, staph etc. Even a first time mum can rupture as a result of an induction or a caesarean - having a c/s doesnt mean you escape the risk of rupture altogether. There is more risk in the more caesars alone you have that you will more likely have a hysterectomy, hemorrhage etc - the figures jump significantly every time. I am not debating but pointing out a few things which are not going to be considered especially in studies like above which dont include other things like hysterectomy etc in future pregs.
I do think that people will give their opinon to you on all maters, birth and parenting which aren't always what you want to hear, I copped lots for my choices even from family, but its just what you choose to do with that information. You can choose to be angry about it or just accept that is their view based on their experiences and ignore it. We choose how we feel about it. We could reduce so much 'mother guilt' if we chose different ways to deal with things and swept comments like that under the carpet. If we believe its the best choice for us why worry?![]()






Creator of
Reply With Quote
Bookmarks