It really is a tough decision isn't it Rachel & although I'm not pregnant yet I went through the same thing.
I think the reason why Drs are so keen to perform an elective c/s is because it's very convenient for them. How easy is it for a Dr to say "Mrs Smith come in at 3pm Wednesday & have your baby" compared with being called at 1am Sunday morning and being told by a midwife /nurse "Mrs Smith is here, you need to come in."
I really really believe that to have a natural birth you need a great support network, VBAC or not. Once my fantastic midwife had left (end of her shift), things went down hill for my labour. You need to feel safe & secure in your decision to have a natural birth otherwise IMO there will be problems.
Like I said before, read Silent Knife, it's a great book & if DH has a look as well he might feel a bit more comfortable with the idea of a VBAC.
Also, please don't feel like I am trying to sway you in the direction of a VBAC at all. I believe that all women should have the right to choice to birth how that want to and if you feel like you have to have a c/s for this bub then so be it. You need to feel comfortable in the decision yourself. No-one else matters in this decision at all, except your hubby, but even then it is entirely up to you which way you want to go.
Bookmarks