Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean Chatter #3

Nic - I had no problems conceiving and my sister is now pg with her 2nd after having a c/section 5 months ago.

Debbie Lee Guest

Nic - my Mum had 4 c/s's and fell preggers accidently with my youngest sister so I doubt it has any impact on your fertility at all.

Yeah, was just wondering what everyone thought. I had read an article where it said that a c-section may cause future difficulties in becoming pregnant, think it may have been due to scarring?

Nic

I was thinking that too nic, that maybe there would be scarring in your uterus, but really it shouldn't be affected at all by the surgery unless they were really ruff iykwim?

Hi, my caeser didn't affect my fertility or my mums(3 caesers). I think back many many years ago it could as you said nic due to scarring, but these days the doctors know what their doing too well.
    Still, I'll be attempting vbac this time, just so there is a shorter recovery.

The csec musnt have interferred with my fertility either, as was BF and on the mini pill when this one was "created"

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hello, I am new too this thread, I stumbled upon it and I am quite excited that I did...I to gave birth to my son, now 20 months by c-section and I don't regret my decision at all. At 38 weeks my son still had not engaged and I was sent for a scan to determine fetal size and well being....it was at the scan that I was told that they approximated his size to be 9lbs 4ozs and that he was not laying in the right position and was presenting the largest part of his head at the top of my pelvis and was stuck. After a chat with the doctor and a very long and late night chat with DH we decided to have an elective c-section at 39 weeks. His birth was calm and relaxed and quite enjoyable, although he was not as big as they estimated he would be (8lb 7ozs) the doctor still had to use the suction to get him out as he was well and truly stuck. At my 6 week checkup the doctor told me that I definately made the right decision as there would have been no way he was coming out the way he went in (lol). My decision for next time round is the same. I don't feel cheated in any way and I wouldn't change a thing. The biggest disadvantage to me with having a c-section is the recovery time as I guess is the same for all of you, especially if you have had a length labour before hand. I understand the risks involved with having a c-section and the increased risks with having subseqent c-sections, but having a baby CAN be life threatening even having a natural delivery, pregnancy and delivery puts a huge strain on the female body and I am just thankful that I have a happy and healthy baby boy!!!

Welcome Karen to the c/s thread, Samuel sounds like he was in exactly the same position as Matthew, hence why he wouldn`t engage plus the size of my pelvis, Matthew was born at 9lb 4 ozs even 9 weeks after birth so many people can`t get over I carried such a big baby, I`m only small myself. Glad that the c/s was a good expereince for you.

Take Care

Deeanne

I had an emerency setion at 34 weeks becuse I had pre eclampsia. I knew i would be having secton,but when it actually came down to it nothing could have prepared me for it.

I had a spinal, which wouldn't work for ages and it was quite painful. That took 45 minutes to get right. Then, during the section my blood pressure dropped and I could feel myself passing out. I was given ice to help, to try and ease the sickness. I could barely open my eyes, and when my baby was born I couldn't make sense of any of it.

I was then taken to recovery, and I was violenty sick for a while. I didn't know what was going on, and felt very out of control and poorly (probably more due to pre eclampsia).

Recovery from the section was ok. I was walking the next day, although slowly! It took a good 4 weeks before I could feel my body properly recovering from the section stiches.

I hope that next time i'll have a natural birth. O

xx

Melinda Guest

Welshgirl, I was very sick during the caesarean as well. I vomited 3 times whilst Jacob was being born actually. It was awful. The anaesthetist told me it was due to my blood pressure dropping. The first time I told him I felt sick, he told me that it was normal but that it was unlikely and quite rare that you would actually vomit and at that point I said "I'm going to be sick" and he promptly put a surgical tray beside my head LOL!! I was shaking quite violently for around an hour after the procedure as well.

I was sick too, but it was while they were stitching me up - I actually spewed on one of the nurses. Oops :-$

Colleen Guest

I was asleep for mine (GA) but i imagine I would have been sick had I been awake, just from the fact i was cut open, im such a wimp .... i was supposed to have the spinal but ended up in hysterics so they knocked me out ..

Gwen, my BP also dropped due to the spinal block I then became nauseous and very lightheaded they gave me oxygen and put something in the drip for my sick feeling, it took a few minutes to work but stopped me vomiting and they also gave me a bag in case I was sick.

Anyone find that they feel sick after eating ??
    I keep feeling sick and sometimes need to rush to the toilet sorry TMI.
    DH says it could be because of having the c/section but i am not so sure.

Part of me thinks it could be that or the pill i am now taken.
    I would just like to be able to eat or drink something without feeling so YUK.

Melinda Guest

I wouldn't have thought that it would be related to the c/s now Michelle, since Alex is nearly 2 months old.

I didn't think it would it was just DH put the thought in to my head.
    Looks like a trip to the DR's for me.

Melinda Guest

Yeah, it always pays to get those things sussed out Michelle.

Oh, and I should have said that since Alex is 2 months old, not nearly 2 months old! LOL Time flies!!!

WOW Teresa thats an amazing story. My cousin's c/s story is pretty familiar to your & she was a maternity nurse in America and dealt with premmies, so the guilt compounded for her, =D> at turning 1!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast