Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #6

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh and those pads at the hospitals are great for protecting the wound. They don't have the adhesive on the back so you can sit them there nicely (helps if you have a big gut like me... it held it there nicely - nice to have at least one perk with such a big belly!).

Debbie - i also used those big hospital pads on my wound - lol...they certainly did the trick

Debbie Lee Guest

I reckon they did a better job as a wound patch than as pads, LOL.

Yep, I did too, they were great.

Same here!!

I agree those pads are great. Well I was am still doing what you guys suggested. I have had a little bit of a reflare so am going to take the repeat of the antibiotics.

Am a bit scared of dtd. I am not planing on it before 6weeks, but even if the ob says its ok at the chkup I am still nervous. I have visions of me splitting open.LOL

Anyway cya.

Love

Melinda Guest

I remember worrying about the pressure on my wound, but not splitting open as such. I do recall it being a little uncomfortable from that POV, but nothing major IYKWIM?

Can I ask, how long were you in hospital for Helen? My c/s is just around the corner and I'll be at Calvary. I've spoken to the nurses about wanting to be at home asap because I don't want to be away from DH and Jacob and they said I could be out by day 4/5 with a visit at home from the domicillary nurse or some such thing.....

How have you found your recovery so far?

Debbie Lee Guest

Helen - we didn't DTD for (I think) about 3 months after Gab was born. I was told at my 6 week checkup that it was ok but I wasn't 100% sure about it. Apart from that, I was way too tired to even contemplate it! When I went to bed, I wanted to sleep!! LOL
    Neil was pretty good about it. I know he was probably missing it but he never made me feel bad (as I know some DH's can).
    You'll get to a point where you'll feel ok with giving it a go - but there's no point forcing yourself before your comfortable. I remember afterwards I was stoked because it didn't hurt at all! It was nice not to have the big preggy belly in the way too!! LOL

Helen - we DTD after 6 weeks & it was a bit scary at first, but really not too bad.

Kirsty77 Guest

We were keen and only waited 2 weeks! I was terrifed and we took it really slow and it was fine and not sore at all. It was weird dtd without the huge belly though!!

Hi Melinda, I was in hospital for the whole 6night stay. For 2 reasons, 1 Eithan was admitted to the special care nursery and 2 I wasnt ready to go home. My recovery has been a lot better than I expected, apart from the infection everything has been going really smoothly.

I was told also by the midwifes before I had him that I wasnt necessarily going to need to be in there for the whole 6night stay. Something you should talk to your ob about.

I know you are keeping the date a secret, so I am wishing you all the best and cant wait to see a birth announcement. Will you be having a photo in the mercury. I was going to have one of Eithan and Bella but he had to go into the humidicrib and noone notified me that the mercury was there so I didnt get to have one. Oh well.

Love

We DTD earlier than the 6 weeks - but took it slow and i discovered that i had been nervous for no reason. Yeah i was still tender scar-wise but i called the shots with what i was comfortable with. I think DH was more worried than i was - lol!

Just do what feels best for you - you know what your body can cope with. And i must admit it felt nice to feel like normal again iykwim.

Melinda Guest

Yeah my OB said that it would depend on how I felt, whether I went home earlier or not. At this stage, I certainly intend to though.....I don't like being away from DH & Jacob and emotionally I know I will cope a lot better being at home IYKWIM? I always feel better in my own environment.....

Not sure about the photo Helen LOL...maybe, so long as I'm not in it! We didn't have it done with Jacob ( I can't remember why specifically but me feeling horrendous probably had something to do with it!?)

Mel Zander was born early Sunday morning & we were at home by Wednesday lunchtime. After that we had the domicillary midwife come to the house every day for a week.

Melinda Guest

Thanks for that Sarah.....I was in hospital for almost a week with Jacob and it's really important to me that I'm not this time!!!

I just had to get out of there so we left as soon as possible. As far as I'm aware day 3 is the soonest you can leave a public hospital after a c/s and that's what I did. I must admit though that I got home & cried saying I shoudn't be home but I didn't want to be at the hospital & I didn't belong anywhere!! I think that's when baby blues hit me!! But after a nice rest in my own bed I felt much better.

Melinda Guest

IKWYM about wanting to get out of there! I felt the same way, so by almost a week, I was going nuts.

There's nothing like getting some rest in your own bed though is there!

Oh my, I was crying so hard by the 5th day I was hanging to get out of there.. Mark made me stay until his leave kicked in. They gave me a whole heap of DNP papers, it wasn't that I was depressed the damn hospital and no sleep was doing my head in.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast