Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #6

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL.. I was the opposite. I wanted to stay longer! My milk had only just come in on the day I left (Good Friday) but because they only had skeleton staff on, I was encouraged to go home. I think I was just a little frightened to go back out into the big wide world (plus I liked the hospital food - oh, and I had no kitchen so going home wasn't exactly enticing!!).
    As it was I felt like we were stealing Gabby when we walked out with her, LOL.

LOL I checked myself out on day 3. I just couldn't sleep there & was going really well as far as bf was going... so I asked the midwives if I had to stay & they said no, I had a midwife visit twice on the days afterwards and all was good. I didn't have my milk ever "come in" I never felt any different as far as bf was concerned and I didn't have the baby blues that I noticed, I was pretty down but I thought it was due to have massive abdominal surgery & 20 hours of labour leading up to it that would cause me to be tired .

I wanted to stay. I asked if it was OK & they said it was great that I wanted to, mind you they were a lot less busy by then. I stayed 6 days all up, but mostly for advice on b/f.

Has anyone had more than 2 c-sections ?
    I'm going to be having my 3rd next year and just wondering if i will be allowed to have another baby after this one.

Ive had 3 Michelle and been told that its no worries to have another one if I wanted/needed.

Jo

My mum had 4 caesareans. She was told she shouldn't have the 4th but she was going to keep having babies until she got her boy whether they said no or not!! So in the end she had her 3 girls & 1 boy. Her last was 21yrs ago next week & I would assume that with technology today you'd be able to have more.....

Thanks Jo and Sarah you don't know how happy i am to hear that.

Kirsty77 Guest

Can I ask a dumb question girls?? In 3 wks I'm having my second c/s and was wondering where do they cut again? Over the last scar or do they make a new one?

Interesting question Kirsty... that is something I would like to know too for future reference!!!!

When i had my second one they cut over the last scar and you wouldn't know they have been in twice.

Kirsty77 Guest

Thanks Michelle! Was a bit embarrassed to ask!

hehehe, me too !!!!, funny how some things are embarrasing to ask & others you dont care about LOL

Thanks Michelle... i was wondering, thought i might end up like a tiger LOL....

Kirsty & Michelle don't be embarrassed to ask. To be honest it wasn't something i thought about until they told me and now all DH asks is if they can just put a zip in to make it easier.

Anything else you want to know just ask away and i will help the best i can.

allyfield Guest

Well I am scheduled to have my 2nd c-section on monday 16th october.

1st c-section was an emergency so I do not remember much of it but this time I am a little nervous about the spinal block. How much does it hurt????

Debbie Lee Guest

I don't think it hurts that much, Ally. I had an epidural and I didn't feel it at all (mind you, I was having contractions at the time!) but I have heard that a lot of people are surprised at how little the spinal hurts. Best of luck for the 16th! How exciting!

Michelle - LOL @ your DH requesting a zip! That would be very handy!

*Kristee* Guest

hey girls,
    I can't believe i have only just found this thread!!!
    I had to have a emergency c-section as bub was in distress, i fought and fought with them i just wanted a natural birth, but they won thank god as i would have dies and so would Tarleha. I was having contractions 2 mins apart and was 7.5cm dilated i just wanted to go the rest.
    They said a ceaser would be best as she was a big baby, she tturned out to be 6pound 10ounces so not big at all!!!
    I recovered very well, i was walking around as soon as the catheder was out and didn't have any pain medication. The nurses were suprised.
    My IV came out when i was moving around so day after c-section.
    I was wondering if any of you girls have had vbac's and how long after you had your first one was it??? As i really want a vbac next time and don't know if when i plan to fall is going to be to close to try for a vbac???

Kristee-Lea I don't think there's a time limit between a c/s to a VBAC. The only thing they say is that there should be 12months before a pregnancy after a c/s to make sure everything has healed properly.

I didn't know that Sarah! Wow - 12 months!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast