Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #6

Yeah most Drs reccomend 12 months so the scar can repair itself enough to allow for stretching out as your belly gets bigger. Some say less, but as far as I know 12 months tends to be the consensus. I do know lots of people though that have done it & not had any issues - my mum had only a 16months gap between my younger siblings.

Debbie Lee Guest

Also... I think you have to be monitored if you are having a VBAC?? Not sure how flexible that is. A friend of mine had a VBAC for her second bub and she said it was very frustrating being hooked up to a CTG alllll the time. Might depend on the hospital too??

I'm pretty sure Cailin wasn't monitored constanty for her VBAC.

JuneMummy - I had Matthew in May 2005 via c/s, I was pregnant with #2 when Matthew was 5.5 months, we asked our OB about when to try for #2, his advice was as long as I didn`t fall pregnant within the first 6 weeks but all OB`s are different and I think most do say 12 months.

Deb - It does depend on hospitals but I also found it also depends on each individual midwife and the Dr on duty, for instance I was in the bath for 6 hours with a midwife being happy just using the droppler yet the next midwife wanted me strapped to the monitor, I did get my way a few times when I told her I HAD to get back into the bath LOL

Deb it does depend on the hospital & which midwife is on duty. Our hospital has a policy of continuous CTG monitoring, but I have presented my case and am having agreed upon intermittent monitoring with doppler & CTG.

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh well... that's good! And... I guess if you're adament about not wanting to be strapped to the CTG (stick up for what you want) then there's not much they can do, hey? My friend isn't the most forceful person it the world... she probably just went along with what she was told.

*Kristee* Guest

Thanx for your advice girls,
    My doctor told me i was fine to fall again as long as it wasn't within 6 weeks.
    But i was wondering if it would be longer if i wanted to try for a VBAC.
    Well i may be preg by accident atm so we will just see what happens.
    Bye for now

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo good luck, June Mummy

*Kristee* Guest

Thanks for your luck debbie,
    But it was not to be i started AF yesterday, now that it has started i have sorted out FF so i have started charting, it seems though that i am going to have long cycles as it was 10.1weeks since my last AF

Did anyone see RPA tonight with the lady who was having twins? I cried my eyes out for the little bubbies, then cried because of the c-section and the memories it bought back for me.

I wouldn't have thought that after almost 7 years it would upset me the way it did. Maybe I'm just all hormonal ATM LOL!

Nic

oh Nic I would have cried too!! I cry when I read birth stories that are remotely close to mine all the time.

Nic, oh my, how small were those poor little babies. I was nearly crying, probably would've been if it weren't for the males sitting in the loungeroom.

I was very intrigued(sp?) saying Oh no wonder your stomach hurts so much afterwards. Pretty yucky stuff, but interesting notheless.

thanks Christy! thought i might have been over reacting a bit or something LOL!

trish - I'm the same, if any males in the room I fight back the tears. I taped it for DH to watch, don't know if I will watch it with him though LOL!

Nic

yeah i have been watching her story on rpa for the last few weeks. Not that i know her personally but Alison is on another forum "austprem" which i have been a part of recently.
    I think they were incredibly brave to share their girls journey's with Australia & it helps to give an insight in what Premmie babies and parents go through.
    it is no wonder we are so sore after seeing what they do to get bubs out.

I watched maternity ward on foxtel a few weeks ago and saw a c/s... i was horrified!!! i cant believe i went thru it, not that i had much choice... def VBAC next time for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    it is no wonder we are so sore after seeing what they do to get bubs out.
    I thought the same! Wish I could send it to my DH's grannie who was mouthing off about me and how "we had all been through it" Really upset me, not once did I scream,cry,swear,yell etc during labour and not once did I complain about the soreness afterwards.

Sorry, just had to get that out!

Nic

I really really want to see one. I wish I'd seen it, I have only hread about it (oh & been through it )

I go right off when people tell me i took the easy way out... Not only was is the hardest, most painful thing i have ever gone through (all i got after surgery was panadeine forte and voltarin) but i couldnt givebirth naturally, Anneliese's heart rate was dropping each time i had a contraction (to 80bpm) so labour would have killed her, and waiting any longer for a c/s would have killed her. Its up to us how we have our babies, just like its up to us how we parents them!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast