Hey Mummatotwo,
I spoke to a midwife at GC Hosp. She said that they dont have a strict "policy" in place as such but they often do say a minimum of 2 years between cs and vbac. She said that some of the OB's there now realise that the risks of rupture aren't much higher for vbac if there is less than 2 years between births but there are still a few OB's that are insisting on the 2 year gap. So basically it looks like it depends on which OB you get to review your case. Do you know which OB was looking after you? Perhaps you could ask to speak to another one.
Either way, I think it's great that you are wanting to embrace the birth, which ever way it goes. I think it is fantastic that they will let you have a MACS if elective.




Reply With Quote
Bookmarks