thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Nov 2008
    baldivis
    964

    hi thought i would right in because i am having a repeat c-section.
    their were problems they did not know about until after the birth of my son i ended up having labour pains for a week could not eat sleep or even move round and they told me to go home and have a panadol finally a week later i ended up dilating but my son was transverse which they never checked he might of never been head first after all, and his head was to big and he was too big for me he had ran out of room, so i ended up with a c-section which was great i felt good after i ate slept and i was up moving the next day healed great but i bled for 7 months which they could not explain, but i bled bad after i had my son they were not sure if it was normal or not. they found out i had an vaginal septum that starts off as one goes to 2 then back to one then cervix then i have a bicornuate uterus.
    with so much problems i thought it is the best way but this one is bigger than what my son was at 6 weeks 4 days which scares me cause my son ran out of room. and they cant tell me if i will bleed for months again or not it only stopped cause i am pregnant, also i ended up with periods that lasted up to 3 weeks
    i am also hoping to have the thing where you can control your own pain medicine once i was off that i didnt even need panadol after a couple of days and i had that pain med for 3 days. so i am hoping for everything to go smoothly and i have my baby the only way i know he or she will be born safely.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Just Coasting
    1,794

    Hi Scooby, wear something compfy that wont sit and rub on your scar. Also as I think Tanstar said, support briefs are great.

    I had milk supply probs and insomnia after my c-section and I think it was because of the bloodloss and subsequent lack of vitamins and minerals (particularly zinc). So next time (if I have a cs) I will be seeing a naturopath to get a tonic full of all that good stuff to take before and after the cs so that hopefully my body will recover from that part better. I have even contemplated eating the placenta because it's very nutrient rich but I'm not sure I could really do it so i figure a tonic would be the next best thing.
    My advice is get up and get mobile as soon as you can. My physical recovery was good and I attribute it to that. I think if you don't move around you'll get stiff and sore. Oh and as Tanstar said, keep up the pain relief.

    Best of luck to you all

Similar Threads

  1. Being Seduced to Induce: What Women Should Know About Their OBs
    By BellyBelly in forum Induction Education and Information
    : 20
    : June 27th, 2014, 06:35 PM
  2. 90% Caesarean Rate in 2 Decades?
    By BellyBelly in forum Birth Forums
    : 18
    : April 3rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
  3. Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #7
    By Astrolady in forum Caesarean Section Discussion & Support
    : 158
    : May 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM