I believe Jasp that labouring actually does help to trigger this. As our bodies go into labour - the trigger for that is hormonal - releasing that hormone prepares for the moment of birth. Without labour we don't have that. So, the birth process is interrupted when a surgical birth occurs. Do you get me?
I will try and dig out something for you to read... But I may not have time tonight... (ironing basket is screaming at me!)
I also thought of another point we could perhaps ponder... What do you think it would feel like for a woman very very fearful of birthing vaginally (many women who have been sexually abused have this fear also - so it's not just from witnessing births ).... How would it feel for a woman who has planned all along to have a c/section... But she's at home & her membranes rupture. She gets to hospy but she's 8 cms and there's no time to call in the anesthetist. She has to birth vaginally...
That can feel incredibly incredibly violating. I have seen this myself. It is terrifying. It's a bit like a young young woman who has denied her pregnancy birthing. It can be very traumatic.
This is the angle I take. That we as Women have vaginas to enjoy sexual pleasure & to push our babies out. That's the way it's meant to happen. (yes I know it can't always be that way... I've established that & fully 200% agree) If we are finding it a struggle to do that psychologically again the sacred act of pregnancy & birth has touched our shoulder and nudged us to work on ourselves. Why? Because the issues that cause you to be afraid of birthing outta ya hoo haa... They are going to be the issues that cause challenges in your parenting. I guarantee it...
Bookmarks