Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silly questions about preparing for a c-section...

A pedicure for me was wonderful, bright glossy red toenails made me feel better when I was full of fluid up to my collarbones!!! Also nice comfy slippers you can just slip on. I made myself some soft cotton pj pants with gentle elastic that I could wear nice and high away from the incision area. I found I was sore all over my stomach so the maternity skirts and pants etc with the tight band were quite uncomfortable. Hair band a must! And the refresher towellettes, great idea, would have loved those. I kept a small brush and mirror beside the bed so if I had visitors coming I cuold brush my hair and check I looked ok without having to get up and walk to the bathroom. Also, many of the tops I had I was too hot in, sleeveless is the way to go.

Keira - I normally get brazillan but i had the same concern as you, so just got regular wax with some taken off the top so no shaving necessary during op.
    Good luck with your C section. You sound so much like me. I took nail polish to hospital and my sister painted my nails for me while rellies were cuddling DS. I also took a lovely bodywash and sponge - which took my mind off my first shower when the midwife was washing me (she was lovely, i just found it strange!). I loved every minute of my birth and i hope you do too.

I dont know about other posters but being visually disadvantaged I was allowed to wear my contact lenses for my c-sect but next time will remember to take a few pairs as with all the happy tears they were in need of throwing every couple of days
    Last edited by Visitor9; October 20th, 2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: edited to say happy tears not tears

Have you guys read Kelly's article - Waxing During Pregnancy?

Dunno if this is going to apply to u but after u have a c-section they usually put morphine in your drip to kill the pain. This works great guns however some people like myself start to itch like crazy especially around the neck, face, lips, hands pretty much everywhere. Once it wears off u are left with very very very dry flakey red skin. I was lucky enough to get my hands on some vasaline in the hospital and I spread that on one day there just before having a nap. When I woke up I gave my baby a feed and went up to the baby bath section and bathed my baby, then went into the kitchen area and made a cup of tea. The whole time people were looking at me but I didnt take much notice until I caught a glimps of myself in the mirror. There was dead skin everywhere on my face just kinda hanging there. It looked discusting. I had to wet a face washer and scrub my face to peel it off. Was all good after that but if u put something on your face to help with the dryness make sure u look at yourself before going out in public again just incase u have giant pieces of skin hanging off your face. Again this is only my reaction to the morphine and this may not happen at all to u.

Good luck with everything and make sure u take all the pain meds they offer u cos its much better if u keep up with the pain if u know what i mean and the granny pants are definately the best things (and blacks the best colour so u have done well there anyways).

Another tip ~ if you are in any sort of pain as gross as it is the anal suppositories really work i put it off and put it off due to embarrassment but in the end I had one and wow it worked, The pain wasn't related to the c/s I had back pain..

Hi and congrats on your up and coming birth!

Now granny undies are great but i have found something thats even better than them!!! I am not sure where else you can get them but i know you can order them online through the new beginnings website ( ihope its ok to mention another site). Anyway they are called disposable pants.They are a net elastic type knickers they are great for both VB and C-sec but i highly recommend them for c-secs. They can be washed if you want or just chuck them away. These are there features :- hygenic soft breathable fabric, stretchable one size fits all, PERFECTLY suited for CAESAREAN/gynaelogical applications, Recuperation - allows skin/scar to breathe, and washable up to 20 times!!!!! Now some hospitals actually give you these either while in labour or straight after bubs is born. I know ours does,hence where i got the idea from. So i went in search and found them and i highly recommend them to everyone!!! It is seriously like you are wearing nothing at all..

Other than that do whatever helps you get through! I have had 2 c-secs now but my first was an emergancy c-sec and then i had for VB's and my last was elective c-sec as bub was in breech! I am in the process of doing mass research as i am expecting a surprise number 7 and really want to try to go VB again!

Good luck with your C-sec and i hope you have a speedy recovery! just make sure you have a good support network and accept all help offered, it really makes it so much easier!!!!
    I didn't have a good support network and could only rely on DH who had to go back to work shortly after!!!!!!
    Cheers
    Kat
    Last edited by Katstribe; October 21st, 2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: adding more

Thanks for that I will go check it out.

Good luck at geting your VB!

ooohhh what a great thread!

everyone is really providing some fantastic and really practical tips...well done everyone

for the c/s you can still make it really special
    special music
    requesting no one talk as your baby is being born
    skin to skin contact
    partner to 'trim' the umbilical cord
    b&w photos
    special blanket to wrap the beautiful baby
    first bf

good luck Kiera...enjoy your baby's beautiful birth

xx yogababy

Lip gloss, comfy socks, your own pillow, a light dressing gown...absolute must for me. Almost forgot...my home made choc balls!!!!

To pamper yourself before you go to hossy I would suggest a preg massage. Wishing you all the best

No worries aussienic, i swear by them. I hope i get my VB too but if not i will be writing down some notes from this thread to help make our journey better this time round!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12