Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: $600 per child payment

yep

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    the system will then wait until your DH's income tax info comes through - unfortunately, the ATO don't feed the info through in order received - i found last year some of the earliest lodgers were the people that had to wait longer for info to come through.
    This I can attest to. I lodge on the morning of the 1st as soon as Etax is available and we didnt get out supps until the end of July. I lodged them together and there was like 2 numbers difference between our receipt numbers. Centrelink didn't receive DHs details until a week later.

I will do it again tomorrow morning (baby permitting) but can only wait. *sigh*

Also, the money is usually in your account before it shows up in online services. OLS goes really funky around this time of year so really it is a waiting game! Two years ago my OLS told me I was getting $18,000! I called them every day for a week to find out where that went horribly wrong! I didn't want that in my account when I knew it wasn't right - but they couldn't see it at all.

this is such a nice surprise for us I never calculate on anything as Oh my 4 kids = alot paid of our car
    PLUS
    I got online today and checked out our payments and I also get a careers bonus of $1000 per boy...friggen fabo seeing they need a few things atm

Sally no. You will only get a part payment for your youngest because he hasn't been here for the full financial year. I think...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sally~ View Post
    Thanks

So I'll get $686.20 x 2
    and $335.80 x 1

For having 2 kids and getting both part A and B FTB?
    Sally you won't get the full amount for baby. Only for as long as he has been here. Sorry

Sorry Sally, didn't look at your kids birthday's. The others are right, only for the 11 days here was here this financial year.

Yeah this happened to me last yr when i had DD... she was only a month or 2 old so i only got a portion of the payment... Looking forward to 2 lots this yr hopefully... I need it badly.

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    I got online today and checked out our payments and I also get a careers bonus of $1000 per boy...friggen fabo seeing they need a few things atm
    this was set up a couple of years back Maz - anyone who received carer allowance for their child will, with their first CA payment after July 1, receive the extra payment of $1000 for each child.

Thanks girls, thats cool anyway, wasn't planning on the money, plus I'll have the baby bonus anyway And he isn't meant to be here yet Oh and then theres my top-up... I always over-estimate and this year I did by almost 20K!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sally~ View Post
    Thanks girls, thats cool anyway, wasn't planning on the money, plus I'll have the baby bonus anyway And he isn't meant to be here yet Oh and then theres my top-up... I always over-estimate and this year I did by almost 20K!
    Yep. Over-estimated here myself. By about 15k. So I am getting an FTB B top up too. I always over-estimate. Prefer a zero balanace at the end of the fy over a debt any day. Now to go over-estimate again!

Speaking of which - the website is insanely vague. Is the B Supp only for people on full rate. My top up wont be to full rate and I am now trying to work out whats going in and who I can make vanish with what DH has left, lmao. So full rate or any rate of for FTB B supp? (First time I havent been on full rate of FTB B because I am a student this year)

FTBB supplement will be paid as long as you received FTBB during the year. there is a point at which is starts to reduce when you don't get fortnightly entitlement (so if the cut off is 20k for fortnightly payments, it might be 22k for you to receive a partial supplement payment....)

hope that makes sense

Was wondering if anyone can help.

DS was born in Dec '07 and we recieved FTA&B for the rest of the yr. In July '08 I returned back to work full time (2 days at home) and had all payments inc CCB put on hold till EOFY. 7 weeks ago I changed roles and became part time and I have lodged our salary estimates for this year which are considerabley lower seen as I am now part time and DH was made redundant and has taken on a role with a slightly lower salary. Sorry it's long just a bit of background my question is will FAO more than likely want us to wait until EOFY 09/10 to claim FTA as our estimates changed so much or if I contact them would I be able to get it re-established? It was just that the online service asked me to confirm the lower salaries as it was less than 08/09 estimate and then just saved it giving no indication of what the next step was. Previously it had said that we would recieve this last payment on such a date.

Sorry if this is jumbled and confusing. Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    this was set up a couple of years back Maz - anyone who received carer allowance for their child will, with their first CA payment after July 1, receive the extra payment of $1000 for each child.
    BG can I ask a question about this. On June 19th I did an intent to claim for Carer's allowance. I submitted all my forms yesterday June 30th and was told if successful they would back pay me from June 19.

Now if my application is successful will I also get the carer's allowance bonus with being back paid from June 19, or did you have to be receiving it already on a certain date in order to receive it ??

you can get fortnightly installments - go check online services again hun - it should show the new estimate. if it's lower than the previous financial year, it will always ask you to confirm. if it's not clear on the online services, speak to FAO tomorrow - they're open 8-8

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolady View Post
    BG can I ask a question about this. On June 19th I did an intent to claim for Carer's allowance. I submitted all my forms yesterday June 30th and was told if successful they would back pay me from June 19.

Now if my application is successful will I also get the carer's allowance bonus with being back paid from June 19, or did you have to be receiving it already on a certain date in order to receive it ??
    my understanding - if it's backdated, you will receive the carer bonus maz mentioned. there is an eligibility date which i "believe" to be June 30 or July 1

I think I am going to cry.. my supps and ftb b back are in limbo.

I called centrelink about them yesterday and got told its coming through the ATO because I have to put in a tax return too. No worries, I am used to that. Well today I get my NOA - its not on there. So I call the ATO and got transferred to a woman who "deals with FAO payments" etc - and get told "We don't deal with FAO payments anymore as of july 1st. You have to wait 14 days for centrelink to pay it now - if not call them then".

Now I know the centrelink lady just told me again this morning they won't be paying it (dont trust my Centrelnk account - loooong story), they sent it to the ATO to be paid. So I didnt wait 14 days, I called centrelink again and this lady said it should be showing on my NOA and should have been paid today by the ATO. But its not and it hasn't.

So right now - No one is paying it to me. The lady at centrelink says there is nothing at all they can do because the system says ATO to pay. The lady at ATO told me very politely that they won't care until the 1st and even then I should call centrelink because its their problem now. I needed to get another seat placement in the car and one of my brand spanking new tyres has a nail in it, and I so wanted to buy a sling wrap.... But I don't know whats going to happen now.

Anyone else who is also a "Tax reporter" run into this problem? Or is it just me and my mega-glitchy account again?

If you have a glitchy account it could certainly be an issue, but this is the more likely scenario -

So they have changed things recently. There might have been an issue with the new software that may have been required, a while ago nearly each time we had a new software release the thing freezes or crashes yadda yadda.

Sometimes ATO/FAO info can take awhile to show up info....or cross successfully, it gets there but sometimes it farts around.

Hope it sorts out soooon!

xoxoxo

Yeah well, my account has been a "Glitchy" one for 14 years. I am used to checking OLS and rechecking things a couple of days after every change because its done some seriously odd things. 2 and a half years of minimum FTBA for Sam for not claiming child support despite being on PPP and wih his father the whole time. When I went in to change my name and show my marriage cert they updaed me to married and it dropped off 7 years of partnered history and sent me a $30,000 bill.. Some poor woman at the local centrelink spent 2 days putting all the data back in. Then come reconcilliation that year it told me they owed me $18,000. Spent a week fixing that because I did not want that put in my account. It would look like I was trying to defraud them or something! It just cant handle changes very well - so I called yesterday to make sure my account was fine after adding Phoebe on. This is where I am worried its just my account because its been fairly modded in the past couple of days.

But I do understand the software thing. I was working in the ATO call centre when they changed to that universal windows based software and that was an unmitigated nightmare with liberal use of the hold feature!

I am still living in hope that its just going to show up tomorrow and this is all academic - but I am trying to rework my budget to get the tyre fixed at least now because I just don't know. I hate it when they mess around with policy and stuff.. it just makes my account that little bit more fun.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast