Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: $600 per child payment

Well I got back into the country today and still no NOA for my DP and no supplements for me either. I might chase it up tomorrow. I wonder what could be taking so long?

check with ATO first - if they haven't generated your DP's NOA, there is no way FAO can generated your supplements as they won't have confirmation of his income....

Sorry briggsy's girl - i left a few words out (and what a huge difference it makes)
    it was ment to say - entitled to receive a f/n pyt either claimed as a f/n pyt or as a lump sum.

Sorry about that (i dont seem to have as much time to proof read my replies as i used to) But then what do i expect with a 2 year old telling me its her computer and to move!

Jas and Ella
    Last edited by ellakayte; August 4th, 2008 at 08:26 PM.

How long did it take for everyone to get their money? My DH received his tax refund 3 weeks ago and I did my non-lodgement of a tax return on the centrelink website. We still haven't received our $600 per child, should I ring centrelink?

i would ring & check your non lodgement was received.

eta - Just remember your not going to get the full $600 odd for jack as he only came in the last 2 months of the financial year

Thanks FionaJill, I rang and they hadn't received my lodgement so I did it over the phone, they said I should hear something in about a week.

One last question, and I promise i'll leave you alone BG!!!! And thank you again so much, you've saved a lot of us tying up centrelink phone lines!!

I received my $324.74, but with the $660 per child, I received about $200 less. I know I didn't have Kane for the full year, but he was born on the 18th July, and I didn't think that would mean a drop of $200. If there is an easy explanation, it'll save me having to call!!

ETA...It's also not due to overpayment for the year. They gave me $56 for being underpaid.

Thanks AGAIN honey!!

that one is a difficult one off the top of my head PM - you probably will need to talk to someone on the phones. you shouldn't be $200 short on your supplements at all, unless you've been on a higher income.

the only thing i can think of (and this is off the top of my head) is, if you both had incomes during the year, you might have overestimated the lower income (so for part B) and gotten a top up there - but underestimated your combined estimate (for part A) - an underestimate of $1000 on your combined income would reduce your top up by about $200 to compensate for any overpayment.

withouth knowing what your estimates were all year, and what your actual incomes were, i can't say for sure - it's defintely one that you should "tie up the phone lines" for - they can check what your income estimate was at every part of the year, work out why your supplements were reduced etc

there are other circs where supps get reduce - family income over a certain limit will start to reduce the supplements down etc. but from what i've read of you in the past, i believe that wouldn't be the case here.

sorry hun, you're gonna have to get on the phone - make sure to make a picnic lunch and a thermos full of drinks cos it might take a while!!! (hehehe - nah, it's not so bad now - the bulk reco has been processed, so it's not quite so bad - but be prepared there might still be a bit of a wait)
    Last edited by briggsy's girl; August 6th, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

I ended up calling centrelink yesterday and they hadn't got my notice of no tax return that I did online, she did it over the phone and I checked my online centrelink today and the money is going in tomorrow, woohooo. I am giving it to my FIL to look after so we have money for xmas, otherwise we will just spend it, neither of us have any will power LOL.

I actually rang centrelink twice yesterday, as I had to speak to 2 different departments and there was no wait on either call, and the staff were absolutely lovely and very helpful.

This is an ace thread! How interesting!

So. If I'm not lodging a claim (ie, haven't worked this past financial year), I need to tell Centrelink, lodge dh's claim, and I should get a payment?

Or have I got it completely wrong and I should just go back to bed? :P

Thanks BG!!! I estimated DH to the cent, and I had no income, just the FTB's. So I guess I'll call!! Combined we were just under $45,000...

I too rang last week to do a "no tax lodge" notice, had no wait and they were more helpful than at any other time!! Go Centrelink!!

And get I get a WHOOP WHOOP for BG, girls?? Great job on helping all of us hon!!

nelle, notify ATO and FAO that you won't be lodging a tax return

lodge DH's tax return

once all that's done - FAO will process your FTB end of year details! easy peasy

You're a freaking legend BG. Thanks for clarifying.

anytime hun!

anything to stop the dis-information highway...

Do we have to notify the ATO aswell?

Why don't they tell us this? This is my first time.. so it;s all new to me and so very confusing.

you should always notify ato if you arent lodging a tax return

hi,

great thread,

BG can I ask a question please

DH had not lodged a tax return for 4 years ( long story, but he had his reasons ) , and becuase of that we missed out on the $600 per child for those 4 years, do I get back paid for those years or is it a case of to bad and we just wont receive that money????

also I was entitled to the $500 baby bonus for 1 child for 5 years from the ATO ( not sure if you will be able to help me ) I lodge for that each year ( this year being my last to claim ) at tax time, and with in that lodgement I have to declare that I am a non lodger so can I assume that will be enough to inform the ATO that I do not have to lodge a tax return??? or do I have to contact them seperately to this???

thank you so much if you are able to help hun

with the ATO stuff, you should be fine with lodging BB claim as they will see you're not lodging on that. for FAO purposes though, you'll need to let them know - simple phone call will do it

for the years that your partner didn't lodge, you'll miss out on the supplement payments for all but the last two years - so you'll still be eligible for 06/07 and 07/08. if you had overestimated your income in any year prior to 06/07, you'll only get what you were paid as no top ups are paid beyond the extended lodgement year (jun 30 of 2008 for 05/06 financial year) - if you underestimated though, and owe the commonwealth, they will recover it

you'll need to provide your partners notice of assessment to local Centrelink office for previous years as the link to ATO is severed after, i believe, three years (might be less) so the earlier years won't be recorded on the system

Just for everyone's reference seeing we're discussing non-lodgement of tax returns - previously, if you didn't lodge, you would have a debt of that whole years payments raised and you'd start paying it, but would be able to pay it from your current payments - from this year, any non lodger debt that is raised will also suspend your eligibility for current payments until such time as the old tax return is provided....

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast