Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

So much fluffy mail- gotta love nappy hunt bargains

I ordered some fluff today- so excited!! I ordered 3 small nappy covers and a minilala wetbag... I decided to get new covers as they can wear out so quickly so these are the first "new" nappy purchases for baby#2 I also realised I'll need another wetbag and my others are just plain colours so I wanted to treat myself to a patterned one.

Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    So much fluffy mail- gotta love nappy hunt bargains

I ordered some fluff today- so excited!! I ordered 3 small nappy covers and a minilala wetbag... I decided to get new covers as they can wear out so quickly so these are the first "new" nappy purchases for baby#2 I also realised I'll need another wetbag and my others are just plain colours so I wanted to treat myself to a patterned one.
    mmmmmmmmm me too. Anyone know of one that holds 6 to 8 OSFM/larges? I want a pretty minky one I think. Every time I head to melb I can't take nappy bucket so I want one to put nappies in. My sister and I got the boosters mixed up last time. I got her into MCNs and she's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING them!

WOCB: Pastel Rainbow Abby Gro! Soon to be bath time so mummy's 10 min break.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate07 View Post
    Fluffy mail! I got my parcel from Itti Bitti. 3 AIO Bitti D'lish mediums (royal blue, peppermint & midnight) and 4 SIO Bitti D'lish mediums (lilac, ivory, fuchsia & purple). ooh, so exciting new nappies.
    Ok, my washing machine is now operable again. Yay! Can i wash all these nappies together or should i separate out different colours?

If i can put them all together i will just keep them by themselves and do a load. If i have to separate light from dark can i put them in with towels or other stuff? Most of the nappies i have got secondhand so haven't had to worry about the first few washes.

Ta

minky shouldn't run as it is a synthetic fabric...i never separate mine and havent had a problem......

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by melbel View Post
    minky shouldn't run as it is a synthetic fabric...i never separate mine and havent had a problem......
    I've only had issues with a red cotton outer one. Lucky I have a girl because DD's inserts went pastel pink I was lucky enough to not put the other outers with it that day though.

ah just realised my subscription to the thread had turned off

kate-the only thing ive had the colour run on is my red and purple BBH covers so the FOE is pink and lavender rather than white.
    CL- i made my own wet bag to get one the right colour/size for me but the planet wise ones come in a massive size and comes in pretty colours... i think they have one that is wet/dry as well...

glad to see everyone else has been succumbing to hunt bargains as well lol my bank account hasnt been this sad since i was stocking up on baby stuff before mr c was born!!! BUT i got THE cutest fluff mail the other day, a orange minky with a denim dinosaur on it

WOCB: terry fitted and blue thirsties duo wrap

the wet/dry plantwise bag is great! i love it.

so happy to have my little one in cloth again. Have only washed the IBs once but they did ok today, no leaks.

WOHB: BBH purple

was looking at the large planetwise ones but then I looked at the bank account and um.... It's looking sad after my hunt purchases. I FINALLY ordered a little squirt and I think just in the nick of time as DDs been having more adult foods after much persuasion. I figured if I put it on a plate like mine she'll eat it. I don't know if this little miss independant streak she's developed over the last fortnight is good or not...

WOCB: Nothing right now, nappy free time

CL you ARE crazy! I have no idea how anyone could survive cloth without a little Squirt!!!

Laa is on AB's and gosh I can tell you that I really doubt sposies would keep in the AB pooplosions she has been doing. Thank good ness my mum and/or hubby have been here to clean it all up LOL!

WOHB - VHC Auriel

i have a LS but its still not on the toilet waiting for DH to install it lol

i have only had one pooplosion that cloth has not held in and that was literally water when he had gastro he even had a really sloppy one yesterday and it didnt escape

WOJB: baby safari snap and stuff

Not that I really need any help in finding Nappies I want to buy, but... could you all please share the best nappy hunt bargins that you've all found...

I don't have a little squirt

At first the thought of not having one terrified me.. but its actually nice to clean the nappies in the laundry sink with a spoon and rubber gloves than have to try to get it in the right spot in the toilet and pray to not have any spray back in your face.

Soooo many times I got poo splattered.

Um no new nappy news here. Both my nappied girls are sleeping. And can't afford to buy any more, even though DD1 needs larges and I only have a few of those, still squeezing her into her mediums. Only the rise thats the problem, she gets severe plumbers crack....

i dont have a LS either... will probably look at getting one when DS starts solids
    atm i just chuck them in the machine on warm maxiwash which includes a 20min soak before it washes.... they seem to come out ok!
    i have bought a couple of 2nd hand bubblebubs cos i bought one from NA and it is the most fantastic fit!! better than any of the other nappies i have bought, but since that i am on a ban for the rest of the hunt *tear* cos i need to get my car serviced desperately.

WOCB: sposie cos i forgot to take spare cloth on our walk and he then fell asleep (for the 1st time today might i add) ah one of those days

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt3n View Post
    CL you ARE crazy! I have no idea how anyone could survive cloth without a little Squirt!!!
    LOL! We only moved in to our house at the start of the year and all our rentals were fully furnished. We have had too many furniture setup costs to justify a LS til now. Plus getting all our leftover furniture across the country took a chunk out of the bank. Add in daily expenses and the LS cost was one that couldn't be justified. So maybe I'm not that crazy lol!

WOCB: Black/Daisy Abby Gro which is being soaked under the sprinkler as we speak lol

PMSL maybe I am the crazy one then for needing a LS??!!!

Bimboo - I would try contacting Nikki at Genessa Forge - she makes nappy knickers (pull up type things), maybe she could make a super stuffable version of it for you? If she is a super heavy wetter you would probably need 2 trifolds in there.......... ?

WOHB - pink/sage Beetlebums mashup pocket

i had a thought this morning (while i was having severe nappy rage at our cushie tushies and BBH, it seems mr c is between sizes/snaps ) just how many nappies do u girls actually have per bub? and what do u have as work horse (cheapish) naps? i have no idea how many i have but i have about 1 1/4 days worth of ones that fit and i want to use... i am considering (getting around to) doing a cull to fund buying some more that fit properly. and i am desperate for some bubblebub fluff i bought last week to arrive it seems like they are the only ones to fit properly atm.

We have 2 days worth of good useable nappies and probably a third day of "make do" nappies. It sounds like a lot but we actually don't go through that many nappies - probably about 6 a day. I previously thought we would use heaps more than this! We bought most of our nappies on sale which was great costwise but the colours aren't as cute as others. Our workhorse nappies are the BBH petites and when DD is between sizes we just snap to the looser size and use a cover.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast