Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

Quote Originally Posted by cmarfol View Post
    ah ive finally got around to posting again! atm im being uber slack & still using mainly sposies, cloth has seemed too hard.
    BUT i am going to be motivated as of tomorrow. but wondering how u guys manage/d night changes? do u keep the nappy bucket in the bedroom/bathroom or something rather than going thru a freezing house to the laundry?
    get two buckets! one in the bedroom or where you change bub and one in the laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by cmarfol View Post
    wondering how u guys manage/d night changes? do u keep the nappy bucket in the bedroom/bathroom or something rather than going thru a freezing house to the laundry?
    I'm pretty sure we dumped it in/on the bucket, which was in the laundry outside our the bathroom door, before going to wash hands. Maybe we didn't always wash our hands (or used that antibacterial stuff) because I remember sometimes we left the nappy sitting on the change mat to deal with in the morning too.

Quote Originally Posted by teresa View Post
    she gave me a bum g and haute pocket to try for free also. the bum g looks like its never been used. it came with a microfibre insert. how absorbant is that? or should i use a bamboo insert in it? also the inserts that came with the haute doesnt say whether its bamboo or microfibre. does anyone know?
    I use the BG microfibre inserts. From about 18 months I found I had to boost with a bamboo booster but at 5 months it was fine. The microfibre is nice to use because they dry so fast. I like them as an around home nappy when I'm not having to potentially rely on a few hours in a nappy.

Hautes are microfibre inserts too- they should look like the same fabric as the BG inserts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kate07 View Post
    get two buckets! one in the bedroom or where you change bub and one in the laundry.
    Yup, I have the 2 bucket thing going in our household but one is in the house and I rotate it with a clean one that I keep outside our exterior laundry so one is always airing and one is always being used. I flogged Maz's idea of a flip top bin strictly for poo nappies as DD doesn't do so many in 2 days but power pees so can fill a bucket with wet nappies super fast.

DD has been running around pantsless of late because any time i put pants/socks/leghuggers on she just strips them off straight away. I am so glad I don't use sposies or velcro tabbed nappies as I think they'd be stripped too

WOCB: a night nappy of some description with Maz carnival dots cover

ah ok help!
    i started using cloth and have already hit a bump, the poo marks arnt washing out despite rinsing the poo off before putting it in the machine and using an enzyme powder in the wash. the poo had only been on the nappies since 10ish this morning...this happened yesterday but i used amolin liquid so thought the enzyme one (biozet i think...) might work better but no luck.

does anyone have any suggestions??

WOCB (yay i can finally join in!!): Bubble bubs fitted and bummis frog cover

cmarfol - thats not good!! its supposed to be a bit sunny today so maybe rewash them and put them outside in the sun for a few hours!!! its hard here in adelaide at the moment coz there isnt much sun!! did u hot wash or cold wash them?

my nappies aren't getting all the poo stains out everytime either. i started doing hot washes (because of vaccination poos) and this is getting them cleaner. i'm hoping that when we get more sun, they will bleach out again.

i have a wide variety of nappies bc i have got most second hand. the all in ones with non-PUL outers always seem to feel wet on the outside- am i doing something wrong? especially the cushie tushies.

hmm i cold washed them, maybe this was the issue..
    haha yes the 1st time ive seen the sun 4 a long time!! im off to rewash in hot and then some sun.
    thanks girls

A lot of our poo stains don't come out in the wash. I hot or warm wash and then the stains come out in the sun. In winter we live with a few more stains

I think you will find that most poo stains don't come out in the wash - and thats ok. Doesn't mean the nappies are ruined or they still have poo on them, its just a stain. Just put them in the sun it will be fine. Its amazing to see it go out with a stain in the morning, and come back in nice and white in the arvo.

Congrats to everyone who had their baby recently and enjoying newborn cloth... nawww... newborn cloth.. cluck cluck.

We have been using flats today, I've culled most of my stash - for some reason my DM's seem to leave big red marks on Eden now, which I don't particularly like seeing, so I think I'm preferring my WW's on both girls. Dunno what to do with my DM's.. maybe save them for a rainy day or something..

Anyhoo - I've got the flat love again at the moment so I'm pretty happy with that...

WOMB: Umm... WW I would imagine
    WOEB: Ummmm.. DM.

Baaahahahha what are you ...clucking about woman your getting your fix...im just an empty vessel sailing no were these days

DM's.....I know someone who may want to buy them hon if your in the market to sell them...bugger about leaving marks of monkeyfart 3

Well it seems I have to double boost everything for tnak now...cant even try to do cloth with just the normal boosters....must be cause he does huge wee's at once rather then lots of small ones now a days....might see how aware he, the wee and his pee pee are into working together this summer

And yes...pooh stains are nothing...they'll sun out in summer..i dont stress about mine anymore

WOMB - green paisley DF double banged

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    Baaahahahha what are you ...clucking about woman your getting your fix...im just an empty vessel sailing no were these days

DM's.....I know someone who may want to buy them hon if your in the market to sell them...bugger about leaving marks of monkeyfart 3
    Bahaha yeah, since I've been pregnant I've been a lot less clucky though - so thats a good thing. haha!! Are you still taking custom orders honey? I think I need some more covers...

Oh - and about the DM's - I don't have them on her too tight or anything, so why do you think they are leaving red marks if my WW's don't?

Maybe its just leg chunkyness causing the marks...pop them away for a little later on down the track hon, their working friggen awesomely for us atm.

Not just around the thighs though - its around the belly too - even if I have it quite loose... still makes the marks

But she is a bit of a chubba!! lol

Hi All!

I haven't been in here in AGES! I'm not having a lot of luck with cloth nappies at the moment. I'm thinking of giving Weenees a try - anyone in here use them? If so, what do you think of them??? If they don't work I think I'm just going to go to full time disposables!! Thoughts and comments would be appreciated...

Hi Heidi long time no see

What are you using? Maybe you need to get spend a little to get something decent hon. Im off to google weenee's

Maz!
    How I have missed you!
    I've been busy - we moved and life has just been hectic - Jeremy isn't much of a sleeper which shouldn't phase me since James didn't sleep through the night until he was THREE YEARS old!!
    Anyway, I've tried HEAPS of nappies - BBH (hemp and bamboo), Bubblebubs, JamTots, Tots Bots, Lulus, and some others but I am not having any luck with any of them and I'm just getting super frustrated and annoyed with the whole process. My sister and a friend of mine (both in the states) have used the US version (called G-Diapers) with lots of luck so I bought two of them off ebay and will give them a try. If they work FANTASTIC, if not, I'm on the verge of just going sposies and being finished with cloth!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh's Eden View Post
    Not just around the thighs though - its around the belly too - even if I have it quite loose... still makes the marks

But she is a bit of a chubba!! lol
    I found that DD got red marks from stocking up pre growth spurt. I'd put the nappies on so I could get a couple of fingers in the band (with the fat) around the waist. I think it was just the added chubbyness chafing iykwim, DD didn't seem uncomfortable at all. I think the blubber just piled onto the nappy bands.

I set a clothes airer up under the eaves specifically for poo stains. I have a nice sun but no rain position specifically for bleaching.

With the AIO I had issues drying the extra bamboo layer inside the shell so I swithced to AI2 for that reason. If I have issues drying nappies in sunny Kalgoorlie then my heart goes out to the rest of ya!

WOCB: NFI, I have sleep deprivation induced dementia right now!

lilprecious- I think it depends on what your issues with your nappies are as to whether weenees would be good for you. Are you looking at the pouch pants or the compostable nappies?

I had one small pair of pants plus two extra pouches and a packet of the disposable inserts which I used with my son. I found them super fiddly but that was because I would have to change the pouch and the insert if there was any poo on it- it would have been easier with another set of pants ready to go with the pouch in it rather than doing all that fiddling with a baby waiting for a new nappy.

I have used the compostable nappies at a child care centre and they are good. The velcro waist band starts to curl after a fair bit of use so it gets harder to put on but it is usable.

Given that both of these nappies have their fiddly points I'd really like to hear what it is you didn't like about your nappies though so we can help find a style that might suit you better. I haven't used any of the nappies you mentioned so I'm not sure what the issues may be sorry.

WOEB: Bumgenius OSFM

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast