Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

Sorry Ella I cant help. I used prefolds for ages then got into fitteds and IB's.
    I hope one off the other girls can help

Ella - I used OSFM from birth with Emily, but she was 8lb 1oz, and they fit her like a glove. Not entirely sure how they'd fit a smaller bub.

Ella - DD2 was 8 pound 10 when she was born and the BBH fitteds didn't fit her until she hit about 5kg. Because she was slow to gain weight (ie, 4 weeks to get back to her birth weight) they didn't fit her for quite a while. So prefolds were our way of coping until she fit into the smalls that I had

I used OSFM from birth with my son. He was 4.3kg though and they still didn't all fit well. Bumgenius were great, Green Kids worked, Happy Heiny's worked, Hautes were too big in the thigh. We didn't get any Blueberriestill he was older but I find them kind of large in the thigh so I'm not sure how they would be from birth.

Given how bulky they can be and how many you go through with a newborn I resolved to use flannel flats from birth second timearound. I've ended up buying some flannel flats but mostly small fitteds and covers and I'll combine these with bumgenius I think.

Personally IMO the newborn stage is the one time I really aimed to avoid any disposables as I don't like the idea of all those chemicals on such a fresh, sensitive bot. Obviously the choice is yours, but seeing the question was asked. If others are buying them as gifts though you could suggest the more expensive environmental brands sold in health food shops as they have less nasties in them.

Can you get your friends to get you some prefolds and covers? You can use the prefolds later for boosters.

My little one was 3months old (5kg) before i could put OSFM on her (greenkids) and they are still pretty big on her -> pants get tighter around the bum.

Does anybody have an idea of what nappies fit a chubby bub? DD is already outgrowing some of the small nappies I bought for her.. and she is only 3 weeks old.. eek! She has quite rolley chubby thighs so there are a few that are just too tight.
    Also she sleeps for 3 hours at a time and I have been using some flanelette fitteds that she just seems to soak through so quickly.. the only way to stop this is to use fleece covers, but the nappies are sopping wet when I change her.
    I'm now starting to use the cloth wipes I bought, oh they are so nice! (of course they are from maz!) So now we are full time cloth, half time cloth wipes. MIL keeps tying to buy sposies for us, she thinks its too hard for us. pffft.. It really isnt that hard!

wohb - flannel fitted + a moo cow cover - uber cute!

poopie- already!! gawd mr c isnt anywhere near growing out of ANY yet!! so no suggestions sorry!
    ella- we r using a mixture of prefolds and AIO/2 (BBH petite, bambooty, some newborn WAHM). no OSFM fit DS yet & he was 8lb 4oz, he is long & skinny tho.

speaking of which, poopie, how r those fitteds off ebay? i havent gotten around to buying any yet. we are using our small itti bittis atm thanks to a bit of a shortage but they are too big on the legs still, waiting for mr c to plump up a bit. he seems to be spending all his energy on being rashy *sigh* we are off to the natropath nxt week to try & solve it.

WOCB- strawberry bambooty

They are quite absorbant, but they look like they wont last as long as the other fitteds tbh, a few of them are fraying already, but that could be the fact that I didnt put anything on the valcro when i washed them. not sure though, will see how they look in another few weeks.

poopie - at 3 weeks DD2 was almost 6kg, and we were using mostly OSFM and small magicalls. Wasn't long though before we moved up to mediums. And I use maz's fleece covers.

hmm so no laundry tabs? i might grab some even if they dont get heaps of use, the price is insanely good... *strokes chin*
    not this week tho lol ive already spent $$$ on fluff this week :P

Well yeah they do work well and are well worth it still just because they are so cheap
    Jodi - I do have some maz's mediums, so I guess we'll be using them sooner than we thought!

Hello can I join in?

I've been using cloth since DD was about two weeks old. The majority of my stash at moment are Bummi prefolds & covers. I also have a few BG OSFM pockets which she fit into pretty early on and I quite like so looking to add a few more to the collection - has anyone tried the new V4.0? I've got a couple of IB's but I find they leak nearly everytime she has them on unless I change them after about an hour.

I still use disposables at night as she sleeps 9-10hours straight but have a couple of BBH bamboo & hemp with wool pants to start trying on her.

welcome phoenix!!

well i tried the bbh bamboo with boosters on DS last night for overnight and he slept all night waking just after 6am!! woo hoo. no leaks either. might have to purchase a few more boosters so that i can use them overnight now instead of the pea pods which he is outpeeing. going to have to save for more bamboo fitteds anyway. he is almost outgrowing the pea pods!!!

WOHB - have no idea. DH changed him earlier

Thanks everyone for the info re the panadol and Vax stains. Kate07 - you really got me thinking.

Poopie - X is now about 5kg I'd say and I just started using the BBH OSFA bamboo ones and they are really good on her folded down to the newborn stage. I really like them actually, they might be worth a try?

Pheonix76 - I tried the BBH bamboo/hemp nappy overnight and it was good but I boosted it with an extra insert. I still prefer the BBH night nappy but probably only because it is fitted and is more snug around the legs.

I just started using the BBH night nappies instead of boosted fitted BBH and LOVE it. It was not all drenched like the fitted combo was. Got a medium fleece cover to try from elsewhere and unfortunately it barely fits over the medium night nap so realise now I should have sized up on the cover for night.

AND stupid me missed the Maz stocking...i wrote it on my calender and everything, just the word Maz so DH did not understand what it meant.

Would love to try a medium Maz fleece cover so if anyone has grown out of any think of me and DD...

Anyone used the Llama Jama (sp) longies? Thinking of getting some. Though I will check rise etc this time.

WOKB: GF silver minky with blue japanese flower embroidery and banding (too pretty)

hmmm part with maz covers hmmmm lol as if well i have an excuse jamie still uses his mediums sometimes and i'm about to bring another clothie bub into the world they are just awesome if u shoot her an email she does customs its how i get mine lol

wat size of the night naps do u use starangelk is it worth buying the small or does she fit in the mediums?

WOJB: large BBH night nap with maz abc cover

X is currently wearing the small, it has 3 snaps on each side and we use the middle snap on one side and the biggest snap on the other side, so I guess you can say she is fits them perfectly! She is about 5kgs..... I bought a medium night nappy but it looks MASSIVE in comparison and I think she'll be in the small for a while yet. I'd buy a small if it was me.

cool thanks good to know

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast