Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

AUdax, I honestly can't remember when I only had one in cloth about the washing, I think it was like that - clothes one day, nappies the next. However at the moment, I have 3 loads a day every day - nappies, whites, and coloureds. And boy, have I slipped behind, I have a mountain of washing in the laundry to do, and a mountain of clothes to fold.... eeek. I just close the door.. and back away...

Audax, i have one bub in full time cloth and wash her clothes, blankets etc and nappies together (might change when she starts solids). We usually do one load every two days of everything and this is enough. Maybe once a week i have to do an extra wash of her stuff. In warmer months, there will prob be less washing because bubs don't need as many layers??

My little one is starting to outgrow her newborn nappies They still fit around the tummy and legs but the rise is getting bit low, and the covers are a stretch- mmm, maybe i just do bigger covers? Will be sad to pack them away, they are so cute!

Has anyone used the bigger kissaluvs? I have size 0 that are getting bit small but wondering if the bigger ones hold enough wee.

Kate - I had the size 1's and they did Kelti until she was about 7 months. You can get a booster with them as well which helps increase their absorbency.

We didn't have nearly enough nappies when my son was born so I was washing every day. Once we had a bigger stash I think I still washed every day for a while as they go through so many when they are little, I could just relax more about getting them dry and not chase the sun & heater all day (no dryer).

I now wash pretty much every second day, so the theory is I wash clothes on the alternate day but sometimes I do 2-3 loads in a day and other days I don't wash at all.

I still haven't decided what to do about two in cloth. I already have the biggest sized nappy bucket and I don't want to deal with two buckets so I think I'll just use the one and go back to washing every day.

well we got fluffy mailo only problem is its the wrong colour ooops oh well at least i can get the sizing right so far jamie likes it lol

WOJB: daddledoo black and purple zebra soon to try on new petite lets see how they go

Meow - I have a kitchen swivle top bin. It sits on the laundry bench and I can aim and shoot my nappies into it. It holds 3 days worth for one so would easily do 2 days for 2. We out grew our nappy bucket very quickly lol

So how many of us have discovered the joys of rockin' green? I got some samples last week and O.M.G i did a soak and the water was BROWN!! TOTALLY DISGUSTING. bet's the crap out of a strip wash. My nappies smell and look so nice and new again.

WOMB - GF, extra boosted for Mr wee-a-lot and embroided with a tiger

I thought I'd be smart and have 2 buckets, one near the change table and one in the laundry.. well I used the one near the change table most and forgot about the other one till I noticed a smell in the laundry.. Oh there are those nappies I hadnt used since 2 weeks ago! Eeek.. they had turned pink for some reason too! I'll be washing them a few times before I use them I think!
    Finally got a few girly nappies in the post, bubblebubs and monkey doodlez

WOHB : Woddlebots AI2 with stars

Thanks Mel. Think i might get some.

WOHB: Dew (aqua-greeny) coloured BBH petite

(This is just a self indulgent post because the BBH petite nappy is so cute!)

lol kate i'll do the same thing

WOJB: dew petite its a bit big so i might have to go mediums oh well we'll see how it goes but it does mean i have to buy a emerald one my boy must have skinny legs lol

I have 1 in cloth and just do a pre rinse on the cycle with just the nappies in then I throw in the powder and rest of the washing for all of us and push "go".....so i do one full wsh a day nappies and clothes together.

For a nappy bucket we actually have a huge zippered planetwise wet bag...it hangs on his bedroom door handle and touches the floor....could easily get two to three days worth in there if I had to...doesn't smelll because it is airing through the breathable pul...I have two in rotation and just throw it in the wash with the nappies.

We got fluffy mail yesterday.....BBH Magicall and BBH night nappies plus some itti bitti mediums...my littl boy is growing up...*sniff*

Loving the night nappies (we had the smalls) and I think i might love the magicalls even more than the itti bittis which we used as a staple when he was little. I have a few medium petites but they seem to leak a bit, not sure if it is because they are so narrow in the crotch or if the boy just needs to grow into them a bit but the magicalls lasted for ages yesterday on just one prewash...very impressed...yes they are wider and less "sexy" but I think they are a better nappy for us at the moment.

I also got to try a twinkle lily trimster that we got as a freebie for modelling for her nappy shot and so far am very impressed......a basic no frills pul day nappy with no leaks.

WOCB: medium itti bitti soon to be changed when he finally wakes from his nap

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    So how many of us have discovered the joys of rockin' green? I got some samples last week and O.M.G i did a soak and the water was BROWN!! TOTALLY DISGUSTING. bet's the crap out of a strip wash. My nappies smell and look so nice and new again.
    I really want to try this for Princess Piddles' nappies. I can't order til after I get back from my Melbourne trip as the post out here is veteran snail pace! Knowing my luck the order will come in and I'll miss the post.

WOCB: Abby Gro Citrus slush. She was too stuffed pre nap to get a night nappy on and hopefully she hasn't flooded our bed!

ETA **** ARIMEH! I missed your pregnancy announcement with my lack of forum cruising the last few weeks! CONGRATS HUN!
    Last edited by CrazyLady; July 28th, 2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: belated grats

Thanks Maz! I think I'm sold on a bigger bin. A kitchen bin is a good idea- I was worried about the smell but then I realised we don't really press the lid down properly on our current bucket anyway and I don't notice smell now.

I'm also sold on Rockin' Green! Will have to add some to a shop... which sites are selling it again? Maybe I'll wait till September for the nappy hunt... will be nice to super clean everything before the new baby starts using the 2nd hand nappies.

Thanks crazy lady

Meow - I think... ecocubs sell it?

ahh im so ready for mr c to put some chub on!! we have only got 2 nappies that fit him around the thighs so im changing his clothes almost every nappy change even the sposies rnt any better!! anyone got any suggestions??

Prefolds and covers?

I was going to say the same thing as Arimeh.....prefolds and covers. We used these and X is only just starting to grow out of the small prefolds now. I really liked them as they would adjust to fit her legs etc etc. The other thing we did was just use a cover over the nappies that were a bit big around the legs. We have some thirsties covers which are fab as they are gusseted around the leg.

I would suggest covers too. Otherwise, the only nappies we had that really worked from birth were Bumgenius OSFM. My son was 4.3kg at birth but he had chicken legs and lost a fair bit of weight due to my low supply so he was skinny minny too.

ive got a few but they seem to gape as well, but barely meet around his waist...

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast