Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teething Symptoms

We had no warning! Sarina's first tooth has just come through at 8 mths.

Between 4 and 6 months or so she was drooling occasionally and chewing etc but I believe this is just normal oral development and not necessarily teething.

Well I think Jake's aren't too far away - his rotine has totally disappeared and has taken to feeding round the clock every 3-4 hours ... it's like he's a newborn again!!

jules Guest

hi

my 9 month daughter had runny tummy, her nose got so bacterial we had to put her on anti biotics tugging of the ear ,grumpy its is horrible. she has 2 teeth now doing much better oh she also loses her appetite.

Jules

Claire is chewing on absolutely everything she can pick up (her toys, her blankets, clothes, my fingers, DH shirt etc) and is chomping on her hands alot as well. Is that a sign of teeothing soon or would it be more likey that she is exploring/discovering stuff by putting it in her mouth? She is also drooling SO MUCH and always has drool all over her face and a huge patch of slimy drool on her front and has been more clingy than usual, and the last few days has been quite cranky.
    what do you think? (i thought it was too early, but thought I'd ask anyway)

Drooling, chewing on everything incl bottom lip, clingy, unsettled, red cheeks, runny green poos and fever.

Chewing on her hands and everything in her reach, very grisly, and rubbing ears and cheeks and runny poo. She is about to be 4mo and already two teeth have broken through.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jacinta has all the symptoms everyone has described and she's only 8 weeks

Default Twinnies still not teething at 13 months

Hi,

My twinnie boys are 13 months and they still haven't got a single tooth. Does anyone know if this is normal or do I need to hit the panic button!

Worried Mum

best to ask you MCHN i would say.. mayb just late teethers?

My son is 24 weeks today and has been doing the dribble, chewing, knawing on everything, sookey, windgy and hard to settle sometimes. But just this week he is refusing his bottle. The other morning he did not want his bottle which is strange as his last feed was 7pm the night before. He refused his lunchtime and afternoon bottles today also. I tried to give him farex so he can at least get the milk in that, but he even refused that this afternoon. Although he rejected his bottle at lunch time he did take his solids (pureed pumkin). I am just worried that he is refusing his bottles. Is this a teething thing? Is it because it hurts to suck? We are also going through the transistion from AR (Reflux formula) which is very thick to Step 2 which is thin, perhaps he does not like the change in formula... any ideas?

Default Teething or not??

The last 3 days my 10 week old has been only sleeping at the most 45 mins at a time during the day. She is feeding every 2 hours during the day but is ok at night. She feeds then plays and then wont go to sleep unless i hold her which is unusual she wont take her dummy which she normally does to sleep.
    She has been drooling a bit and munching her fist here and there but not all the time.
    She sometimes wakes up crying to the point of tears and even out of the blue she just starts to cry like that. She isnt a baby to cry for no reason there is always a reason and we can fix it but not the last 3 days she hasnt cried this much ever.
    I dont know if she is teething or if its a growth spurt so I hope someone can tell me whats going on.

Pretty sure we have our first teeth about to cut here, but we have a runny nose as well.
    I never associated this with teething but a couple of people today have said their kids had it...
    WDYT?

We've just started getting a runny nose with teething here too Fleur, I'd never thought of it as a teething thing either until last week when someone asked if he was teething cos his nose was running.

PS. Love your new username x

Aha...interesting...its not think & gooey like it has been when she's had colds, just clear & her eyes are watery as well.
    I ordered an amber teething necklace today & paid for express post so will see what that does. Be interesting to see if the nose clears up when the teeth are through....

PS thanks!

My 5mo has been really whingy the last day or two and has a runny nose... He's been a big drooler for 2 months now and there're no tooth buds or red cheeks to be seen - still feeding but fussing a lot more at bedtime (we feed to sleep)
    Do you think teething or a cold?

ETA Nose running is mostly clear with the occasional booger, and he's been wearing an amber necklace for about a month now.

That's the thing Shades, it's so hard to tell!
    FWIW, Arlea doesn't have red cheeks or anything either but she does have very clear, definite bumps (for the first time).
    She has had colds before (just runny noses, no temps) without teething. The only hting that makes me wonder this time is that you can see in her gums, the teeth there, otherwise I would be thinking just a cold.
    Sorry that's probably not much help

DD1 has been a HORRIBLE teether, her cheeks turn purple, she goes off her food, grumpy, diarrhea.. she wont take teethers or cold face washers and LIVES with her dummy, she wakes up constantly even with nurofen and panadol, she also seems to get a chest infection every time the teeth are cutting.
    At the moment her top molars are coming through and it's HELL, she slept 30min for the WHOLE day yesterday, she hardly ate, the night before was in our bed all night sooking in her sleep.She's been awake since 5am this morning.
    She started teething symptoms @ 5mths but didn't get a tooth til 10mths

DD2 is 14wks and the last 2 weeks has been grumpy, sucking her hand, drooling heaps, going off feeds randomly and getting little red cheeks... IS SHE KIDDING ME?
    She better not be like her sister or i will need to buy shares in nurofen!

ZF hope your DD2 doesn't suffer as much as DD1! Poor things, it must be so painful.

As for us... Pie's nose has gone a lovely shade of green today so maybe it's not teeth after all. She's definitely teething, I just don't know if the nose is connected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12