Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to teach bubs to self settle???

Hi there, well I have had a breakthrough!!!!
    My mum has a friend who is a mothercraft nurse and has 4 children of her own, who came over to help me..
    Well she soon realised that our Toby was a very active boy. I told her that we have been trying to put him to bed after about 1 - 1.5 hours of awake time as we were watching his tired signs.
    Well she taught me a new way. We kept him up for longer, went for a 5 min walk ( cause he screamed), let him kick his legs around with no nappy on, and just kept him stimulated until he was really really tired, about 3 hours of awake time. Gave him a feed, sat him up a little and put him in a gro bag, dummy and went into his dark room where I was playing soft music.
    I had to rock him for 5 mins, but then he went straight to sleep and slept for 3 HOURS!!! can u belive it? cause I couldnt and he has woken all rested. Im soo proud of my little man... This makes more sense to me, he has to be really worn out so he will sleep longer....
    You guys should try it, Im going to aim for 2 x 2hour naps and one short one before dinner....Im very excited about our new routine....I hope it continues with these great results....

Congrats, Belle! Well done, and best wishes for continued good results with the new routine!

DoubleK Guest

great! im happy you found a solution! and good luck with keeping the new routine!!

sometimes it just takes a different persons approach to these things, as you may be worn out of ideas of your own!

well done little Toby!

Hi there, well things are a little better but not perfect. He still only sometimes has half hour sleeps, but the good thing is I have stopped obsessing about it.
    Blue Daisy could u please forward your friends details to me. I would like to get some more ideas on settling.
    thanks

It's good to hear things are better. You know that they sometimes just change things up for no apparent reason. Oskar was almost religiously having a 2 hour sleep in the morning and then the past 3-4 days it was around 30-45 mins... but today so far he's been asleep for over an hour already... don't know what it was but just goes to show that they can just change it without even asking...lol!

Hi Belle, I've only just tuned into this thread, so pleased to hear you got results! I had to have a little laugh to myself because I recently had the same problem, baby getting more and more unsettled, etc. Then DH had to look after DD for a couple of days while I went to uni and we suddenly realised she can stay awake a lot longer too (with entertainment) and sleeps better both day and night as a result!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12